Who should be inducted in the WWE Hall of fame who is no longer in WWE

The Pizzaman

I tell it how I see it and thats it
There are lots of superstars who have wrestled in WWE that are either no longer in it or that they may have never been in the WWE to start with. Will they ever be inducted into it or will it be a case of once you leave the WWE or have never been in it you lose the right to be inducted. Im talking about the likes of Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, Sting, Kevin Nash, Sting, Kasabian, Abyss, Raven, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, Rob Van Dam and others. It should be the Wrestling Hall of fame rather than the WWE hall of fame. What are your thoughts and who do you think should be inducted and why.

I think you'll see Angle, Nash, and Hardy get in. Guys like AJ Styles, Abyss, and even guys like Raven and Sabu aren't known for being WWE guys. Had he not been as big of a part of TNA I would say the only guy that could have been the exception to the rule and might still be would be Sting. He was a major part of WCW and considering WWE owns everything WCW maybe Vince would make an exception there.

As for other guys I would want to see, take away his past but I would say for the body of work when he was at his peak, Scott Hall should be in the hall of fame. Granted no world championships to his credit but he was a founding member of the nWo and played a big role as Razor Ramon in the WWF/E. I'll throw a couple other names out there and see how that goes, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Lex Luger, and Batista, I think all have a shot to be in.

I have a feeling the Ultimate Warrior will come to his senses and agree to go in eventually, but not this year since the E is planning on a "WCW Class," if you will. With that being said, I believe Goldberg and Lex Lugar definately deserve a spot for this year's class. For some reason, I can't think of any other WCW guys WWE would want in there immediately. Maybe David Arquette?

Off-Topic: Abyss was a WWE guy?

For the guys the OP mentioned, I would say guys like Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash, who are known to be with the WWE for quite a while would be the most likely to, where guys like Raven, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, Rob Van Dam, who are more known for their roles in ECW or WCW then their roles in the WWE might have a shot, but not all of them, and i dont see these guys getting into the WWE Hall of Fame because I don't recall seeimg them in WWE: AJ Styles, Kasabian, Abyss.

I didn't put Sting in any of these groups simply because I think he would get in if they do a WCW section of the WWE Hall of Fame (like they have a celebrity wing)

Ok the only person I can think of that hasn't been said is Mick foley. He is a legend he was able to play 4 roles consisting of Regular Mick, Mankind, Cactus Jack, and Dude Love. Probably all but one (that being dude love) were very successful and very popular with the crowd. He has been against Austin, Rock, Undertaker, Triple H and many many more through out his whole career. He wasn't much of a good wrestler you can say that but he was definetly an entertainer and a hardcore icon. He took alot of bumps and bruises and worked his butt off. Mick Foley should definetly be in the hall of fame.

Jake the Snake Roberts.

And a whole bunch of "WCW" guys, Lex Luger, Sting, and Goldberg as the 3 main guys. Also Kurt Angle will get in some day, and I think in years down the road maybe Benoit? 10-15 years down the road? Maybe not. Probably not. Anyways, no guys like AJ Styles, etc. should be in the WWE HOF. And we all know Shawn Michaels is going to be in there.

Hands down, Macho Man Randy Savage, why he is not it by now is still behind me. Arguably he is was the second biggest name of the WWF Golden Age, of course Hogan was first. Say say Ultimate Warrior, but he left. I would say Hogan, and then Macho Man. Whatever the reasons he is not in, (and i read them all) he should be in the Hall of Fame.

I read they were considering putting Goldberg in the Hall of Fame, now personally it doesnt bother me whether he is in or not, but to put him in before Macho Man...CRAZY

I think that it should include all differant promotions regardless of who they were known with. there is so much talent out there who in their own way have given as much as the Hogans, Flairs and Shawn Michaels of the wrestling community. Its not going to Hurt the WWE to include others outside of the promotion but would be seen that the WWE recognises the industry has so many talented superstars and accepts that regardless of who they wrestled for, they still gave their hearts and souls to the people who payed to watch and support them. The fans. Without the fans, Vince would not have his billions and would have the company he does right now. As for Chris Benoit, as a wrestler i cant fault the guy but due to his actions it would be unwise to induct him as it would taint the hall of fame irreversibly. on wrestling merit he did enough to claim a spot but as every one knows, but what he did was pure evil, he went too far and he should never be inducted. For the record as well, A J Styles and Kasabian were both in the WWE but not for long as was Matt Morgan.

I would love to see Brian Pillman, Bulldog & Owen inducted in but I dont think their wives have agreed to them being inducted in otherwise they would have been inducted in a long time ago. LOD & Jake The Snake are 3 I'd love to see go in next year.

Chris Benoit is a touchy subject for a number of reasons. The head shots he took and the subsequent concussions he dealt with time after time after time after time are the type of injury the medical community believes can bring on that kind of tragic behavior. If he's excluded is the "blame trail" going to lead back to his employer (WWE/Vince) for asking of him the type of risky performance that brought on the injuries time and again? On one side (the deaths themselves) answers are clear-cut but from the other perspective, anything but.

It is not WWE's duty to induct wrestlers who have never worked in the WWE into THEIR hall of fame. Its not wrestlings hall of fame, its WWE's hall of fame. However, guys who've never worked in the WWE but have worked for a company that WWE has bought out, those guys should be allowed in the WWE hall of fame. Again, it is the WWE hall of fame. Not the Wrestling hall of fame. Just because the WWE is the top sports entertainment provider in the world, they have to recognize wrestlers who never did anything for their company? There are other prestigious Hall of Fames out there (wrestling obsever newsletter HOF, or PWI)

Guys like Mick Foley, Angle, and Nash are 100% for sure to be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame. Guys like Nash Warrior, and Jeff Jarrett should be. They've did a lot for the WWE and their history. Sting is one of the ones that has never worked for the WWE. But he's did a lot for WCW and other wrestling promotions that WWE has bought out and mentions in their product (DVDs and On Demand).

Benoit- Never.

i agree with Older fan to a degree. the point is that we will never really know the truth so its better if he stayed off the list. as for the blame going back to Vince, i doubt it would as there are many other wrestlers who perform the same moves as benoit did and yet they have never done what he did. Brother Devon from team 3D and Bam Bam Bigelo both used to do the flying headbutt and they Knew the risks they were taking. more to the point they did not not do what he did. im not saying Benoit was in complete control of his actions at the time but never the less it happened and it cant be allowed to be just swept under the carpet so to speak.
As for the stars that should be able to be inducted that would include anyone from ECW as well as WCW as Vince bought both companies

The WWE Hall of Fame is a 2 way street. Yes they pick guys who were the best at what they did, but they also have to be on good terms with the WWE since they have to sign a contract with them. This is due to products, dvds, ect. Sting will NEVER be in the WWE HOF.

Two people that quickly come to mine that should be in there but arent due to their relationship with the WWE or Vince is Bruno Sammartino and Macho Man.

Vince should do everything in his power to make peace with Bruno. Without him, there is no Gorilla Monsoon, Superstar Bill Graham, Jessie "The Body", Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Stone Cold....

If they r doing a WCW theme like a heard then I would say Ron Simmons, Sting (if he retires), Buff Bagwell, brian Pillman (R.i.P), Kevin Nash, Goldberg, Booker T

Or if they r doing a regular HOF then ppl like Warrior, Macho Man, Trish, Lita, and Shawn Michaels, Batista, and Kane (if he retires like I hear he is)

I'm pretty sure there are already guys in the hall of fame that didn't wrestle for WWE, or mainly wrestled in other organizations and only sparingly for WWE/WWF/WWWF, (Nick Bockwinkle comes to mind), I'm sure Sting will definitely get in a couple of years after he's done wrestling.

Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, and Rob Van Dam for sure...Jeff is one half the Hardy Boyz...Rob one the biggest stars from ECW...And Angle speaks for himself...AJ or Abyss (laugh) no..AJ will probably deserve it and get in if WWE buys tna and forces him over...other guys Sting and Goldberg...but the Main two HBK and The Rock...its a travesty Rock hasnt been inducted yet

I do understand everyone's reason for wanting to put people like Shawn Michaels, Macho Man, and even Ultimate Warrior into WWE's Hall of fame. My thoughts are how about someone such as Owen Hart that has been continuously overlooked for quite a while. He was a company many for many years, never went to WCW, and even gave his very life for them. In my opinion those reasons should be more than enough to put him into WWE's Hall of fame. Bret, should have been pushing for his brother to be inducted ever since his return back to WWE. Perhaps Owen being left out of the Hall of fame has a lot to do with his wife Martha, and her lawsuit against the company.

I agree with a lot of these picks, Road Warriors definately, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man Randy Savage, I'm sure HBK is a sure thing and so is The Rock, so as I scanned through and I may have overlooked someones, but I never did see any mention of "Ravishing" Rick Rude. That guy had charisma, I was a little kid when he used to come out and I couldn't stand him, which meant he did his job perfect. I know he was never WWE or WCW world champion but he did hold titles and he was a great performer and entertainer.

I also agree IF BASED ON WRESTLING, i repeat BASED ON WRESTLING, Chris Beniot should get in, but we all kno that he wont. Kinda sad when you think about it.

Yes, what Benoit did was very bad. It could be justified as being caused by brain damage, but still he murdered his family. I think though the WWE should honour him as a wrestler while using the same opportunity to condemn what he did. Benoit was a wrestling legend and deserves the hall of fame more than Pete Rose or Bob Euker....

Here is what I really wanted to say though:

You know who should be inducted is Paul E. Dangerously. Without him, the WWF/E would've had nobody to rip off during the 90's (ATTITUDE ERA) and WCW would've won. Not only that, he made countless stars in the sport.

But also, there are plenty of names that can be added. Adrian Adonis, Dino Bravo, Rick Martel, Mike Rotundo, Barry Windham, Bruiser Brody, Danny Spivey, Michael Hayes, Ronny Garvin, Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, Jim Brunzel, Macho Man, Matt Borne, Rock 'n Roll Express, Orient Express, etc.

Some of those names weren't too relevant to WWF/E, but they did induct Verne Gagne and Nick Bockwinkle so they do induct guys who weren't affiliated with WWE.

I think the only guy who deserves it who was never in WWE is Sting. He is a legend. As for guys like Abyss? I don't think so. To get in the WWE Hall of Fame and never have actually wrestled in WWE, you have to be a legend.

I think definates have to be

Mick Foley: He gave everything in his body for the WWE, has been in some of the most memorable matches of all time, been Commissioner, commentator, 3 time WWF champion and multiple time best selling author, I think Foley has done more than enough to go into the HOF once he is done with TNA.

Shawn Michaels Doesn't need an explanation. He WILL go in no question.

Scott Hall If he can stay sober during the ceremony, I think Hall has accomplished enough and been influential enough to go into the HOF. As Razor Ramon he had multiple intercontinental title reigns, was part of one of the best ladder of all time with HBK and was a big star without ever having had a title reign. In WCW, he was a founding member of the nWo, a stable which revolutionised the business. Yes, since then he has become a complete drunken mess, but he has had an excellent career overall and deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame

You know who should be inducted is Paul E. Dangerously. Without him, the WWF/E would've had nobody to rip off during the 90's (ATTITUDE ERA) and WCW would've won. Not only that, he made countless stars in the sport.

I TOTALLY forgot about Paul Heyman/Dangerously.

YES YES YES, get this man in the Hall Of Fame, he certainly deserves it no question. Heyman was incredibly important to wrestling during the 90s, and I agree that without ECW, there would not have been as intense attitude era in the WWE, if an attitude era at all!

Plus, his induction ceremony would be very enjoyable to watch, I'd love to hear him tell stories about his time in WCW and how much he hated it, and experiences of ECW back in the day.

Great shout on Heyman

I think there's one person who needs to be in the HOF more than anybody else, and he is...... The Rock. I can't believe he's not in the HOF already, he's arguably the greatest wrestler of all time and was the face of the company for some time. I just don't know why he hasn't been inducted yet, it's just wrong.

To all of the people who are saying Chris Benoit, he will never be inducted. NEVER. He was a great wrestler and put his life on the line for the company but what he did was unforgettable and that's the reason he'll never be inducted. Come on people this man killed his wife and his son, does he deserve to be inducted? I know that he was a great wrestler and he is one of my favourite wrestlers ever, but you can't undo what he did. I wish he didn't do what he did so that his actions didn't overshadow his wrestling career but he did do what he did.

I know I might seem to be going a little too far into the Benoit thing but I didn't want to just say he won't be inducted, I wanted to say it without being disrespectful.

Obviously Rock and HBK will go in.

I think Owen, Jericho, and Perfect will likely end up there too. They'd be among the next on my list regardless.

Benoit unrightfully will never make it, which to me is sad, but it is what it is.

It's the HOF for a reason, though. Just because someone like Raven was big in ECW or Abyss in TNA doesn't mean they deserve this "honor". I'm not familiar with the current inductee list, but I'm sure even it has some fat that could've been cut.

I think he has only been mentioned once in this thread, and it wasn't touched on much, but I think Booker T definitely belongs in the WWE Hall of Fame.

I'm not sure if this still holds true, but at one point he was the most decorated champion ever(or at least he was advertised as such.) If the WWE takes into account all he accomplished during his tenure in WCW, Booker T should be inducted as soon as he is eligible. Even his tenure in WWE was more successful than other current hall of famers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back