What song are you currently listening to?

[YOUTUBE]8jIjuUPNtC4[/YOUTUBE]

A fantastic track from a new up-and-coming indie band from Manchester, so catchy. I heard this loads of times on the radio before I found out who it was. Apparently they are releasing their debut album soon, which I will definitely be picking up.

It turns out I actually saw them supporting The Courteeners in Manchester a couple of years ago as the 1st band on the bill when they were just starting out..I knew the name was familiar from somewhere,

Anyway, check it out. They will be big.

Since learning of Scott Weiland's death I've just been listening to these on repeat. Still can't believe it

[YOUTUBE]V5UOC0C0x8Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XyOy8kxvVrk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ht672-wYelc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yjJL9DGU7Gg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GqyposaQWnI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]9JhsUFuqbCM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qthFasUcnBk[/YOUTUBE]

A true 2Pac classic from the legendary "All Eyez On Me" album, in which each of The Outlawz has a verse, allowing them to demonstrate their skills. There are some really memorable lines from pretty much everyone on the song, and Pac absolutely nails it on his verse.

[YOUTUBE]xrBAYD4kmPo[/YOUTUBE]

I've recently started listening to alot of my high-school music again- bands such as Limp Bizkit, Blink 182 and The Offspring. Thing is, I never had the classic "Smash" album back then, just "Americana" and "Conspiracy Of One"- which are both great.

I finally got around to buying "Smash" about a year ago, and it's really good, I knew a few of the tracks already but this one has rapidly become one of my favourites, I'd probably say it's in my top 5 favourite Offspring tracks now.

They are a band I'd love to see live at some point, I didn't realise they had played in Manchester last year, as I'd definitely have gone to the show if I'd known.

Been a while since I posted in here it seems. Thank NXT for nudging me back here as I've been listening to The Struts' "It could have been me" for the best part of this evening. Their official video has a bit of sneaky boobage so I decided against posting it but when I first saw it, the opening 60 seconds or so made me think I'd hate the band as they came across as poncey wee shits subscribing to the old 70/80s rock stereotypes - leather, big hair, Jack Daniels. I've given them the benefit of the doubt and thankfully they seem unlikely to be another Towers of London (it's best if you don't know who they are).

Another tune I've been listening to quite a bit in the evenings when I'm settling down is "I forgot to be your lover" by William Bell. I stumbled upon this song when it was sampled in a DL Incognito track (also a dude worth checking out for the hip-hop fans) and love that 70s blend of honesty and sexiness that oozes out of it.

[YOUTUBE]RYnFIRc0k6E[/YOUTUBE]

"You know what time it is!"

If I had to put together a soundtrack of my life, this would definitely be one of the tracks on the list. I was the biggest Limp Bizkit fan at my school in 1999-2001, and the CD single of this must have been played 500x, even before I got the album. I had the Durst red hat, the LB hoodie and the baggy jeans.

I had a Bizkit marathon yesterday while driving, with them on shuffle for a couple of hours on my iPod. You forget just how many good songs they did back in the day- "Take A Look Around", "Nookie", "Full Nelson", "N-2Gether Now" and so many more. I was singing along to every line!

I remember being so happy with Undertaker started using this as his WWE entrance theme!

[youtube]s1uwKfbztVE[/youtube]

"New York New York, big city of dreams
And everything in New York ain't always what it seems
You might get fooled if you come from out of town
But I'm down by law, and I'm from the Dogg Pound"

This wasn't meant to be a diss track at first. Originally, Snoop and The DPG'z wanted to feature New York rappers like Biggie, Nas, Big L on their music video to show unity between the East & West coasts and pay tribute to NYC as it's the birthplace of hip-hop, but the song was changed to a diss with Snoop kicking down NY buildings in the video, after their trailer was shot at while filming in the city. Kurupt kills this track.

[YOUTUBE]2dr4dRCzFs4[/YOUTUBE]

So it's been a pretty shitty year. Just felt like shit and feel I haven't done anything of note. I hate my job and it's not what I want to do and to do what I want to do is a right pain to get any headway in.

I know it sounds cliché to say a song speaks to you and stuff like that but this song really does. It kind of makes me realise I need to get out of this hole I'm in and just try and make something of myself.

It's all been said over and over again
We all think we are invincible
When really you're so scared of failure
You've lost touch with the youth you held so dear

I guess part of the reason I haven't really done anything is because I am worried about failure but I also realise if I don't try I won't get anywhere

Live your life
See the world
What are you so afraid of

I guess this ties into the whole failure aspect. I guess I'm just worried about failing really.

You won't find me
With my back against the wall

I guess I realise I have to dictate what I want and not anyone else.

y eyes are so clear
I can finally see the world for what it really is
With a heart full of hope
You won't live out your days on your knees; you'll never shed a tear

[YOUTUBE]HAusT_Yl1gE[/YOUTUBE]

I've got tickets to see The Libertines play in Manchester at the end of January, so I've been listening to their earlier material over the last few days. As much of an utter scummy man Pete Doherty is, you have to admit he's written some bloody good songs. It's a shame he's spent so many years cracked off his face as who knows what he could have achieved.

Great track, this. One of my favourite Libertines songs and I expect the crowd will be going wild if/when it's played in a few weeks.

[YOUTUBE]K_xTet06SUo[/YOUTUBE]

Senbonzakura - Wagakki Band

Okay. Hear me out. This is probably right out of left field but hear me out. The song is amazing. That's....that's about it. Its Japanese sure sure. Do I know Japanese? Not an ounce. However its really not about the singing or the language, no. I'm really just impressed by the style of music. Its a blend of traditional Japanese sound mixed with modern rock music and it works, it totally works. I'm not Japanese but I enjoyed the shit out of this song. Words are overrated anyway, ignorance is bliss as they say.

Oh and, the video is pretty wicked. These guys got style.

[YOUTUBE]ygNYyIr0b9Q[/YOUTUBE]

What a fucking beast of a song!!

It came up on shuffle on my iPod the other day, I must have downloaded it but I couldn't remember ever hearing it before, so I had no idea what it was when it started playing, but I knew immediately I liked it! What a beat, exactly the sort of modern rap I like.

When getting the link to post here, lots of the comments mentioned about hearing it on Sons of Anarchy, which I finished watching a couple of months ago, so I guess that's where I heard it from.

I drove to London for NYE with a couple of friends in the car, and played this on the way as I knew one of my mates would love it. I was right, he thought it was bad ass. I'm definitely gonna check out more of San Quinn's material after hearing this.

[YOUTUBE]P4sANPkk3ys[/YOUTUBE]

I was never the biggest Bowie fan as I only knew the hits. I only found out about the Andy Warhol song after Scott Weiland's passing and watching Stone Temple Pilots Unplugged performance where they did a cover of it. Sucks that all these great musicians are dying

[YOUTUBE]UzhZx591rIQ[/YOUTUBE]

I just found out that Spotify has a goodly sum of the music composed for Batman: The Animated Series. Recorded with a full orchestra for every every episode, the show's score achieves a grandeur evocative of old Hollywood spectacles decades prior to B:TAS' original broadcast. Of course Warner Bros. was also producing Animaniacs during the same period in the 90s, so it seems calling on old Hollywood was l'ordre du jour.

Listening to the score for the Demon's Quest two-parter, I'm certain they're riffing on Lawrence of Arabia. And it's fantastic.

[YOUTUBE]Pgcpuu7xC3g[/YOUTUBE]

I find the original version of Bitch Better Have My Money incredibly dull and bland. Rihanna's vocals are decent but the music lets her down so much. it sounds like a track that was conceived in about ten minutes.

Have the guys from Korn apparently messing around in the studio and they decide to do a remix of the song and it sounds so much better that I've had it on repeat.

[YOUTUBE]CqM11bt9QvI[/YOUTUBE]

The opening track to the Libertines' 2nd album, and still a dancefloor filler over a decade later. It's probably the best thing The Libs have ever done. I'm expecting the indie kids to start bouncing and sweating on each other when this comes on Saturday night at Manchester Arena.

I've never been able to fully "get into" Libertines, although I really like quite alot of their material. I think it's just the fact Pete Doherty is such a disgusting, rancid man that stops me from properly becoming a big fan.

Still, this is a definite indie anthem that will still be getting played and getting big reactions for many years to come.

I'm a hard-nosed Atheist, but even I'm willing to appreciate gospel music when it ranks high enough to be considered some of the best music I've ever heard. Gospel music tends to be derivative of every other gospel song before it, "lord" this and "glory" that are about all they usually give to you.

Few people seem to know about a woman who went by Sister Rosetta Tharpe. This woman was a musical polymath, a savant who deserves to have a mountain named after her. Before Chuck Berry, there was Sister Rosetta Tharpe.

One of life's greatest mysteries is that Sister Rosetta Tharpe is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, when it's obvious enough to me that she shows more talent snapping her fingers than an inducted band like Kiss shows belching out one of their abominations.

Just one of many awesome examples of Sister Rosetta Tharpe's music mastery, Up Above My Head:

[YOUTUBE]JeaBNAXfHfQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pndkBRBRBPg[/YOUTUBE]

Damn Greg Puciato is versatile. Doing Dillinger Escape Plan and then able to this is awesome. Has a very 80s synth feel to it and I do like my 80s synth music. Now the only debate is whether to buy the album from iTunes for £2.49 or fork out £9.99 for the CD.

[youtube]UiPbeIXZpD4[/youtube]

It's such a shame what happened to D.O.C. His first album No One Can Do It Better was incredible. He could've gone on to become huge if he hadn't lost his voice in the car accident. He had amazing flow and lyricism. This is the first track off No One Can Do It Better. He adopts a Jamaican voice for this song that goes so good with Dre's funky beat.

[YOUTUBE]KrUJ3qx0Zmo[/YOUTUBE]

An updated version of Pac's original unreleased "Don't Go To Sleep", this appeared on the posthumous "Pac's Life" album, and features Young Buck and Chamillionaire....what a track!

All 3 guys absolutely smash it, very powerful lyrics and delivered perfectly. Young Buck's verse in particular is one of my favourites of all time, I love it.

[YOUTUBE]tcBBNB5JTOQ[/YOUTUBE]

One OK Rock - Deeper Deeper

I honestly cant tell you guys how I stumbled upon this. I guess the simple answer is youtube suggestion box. I saw that it had like 20 million views so it must be decent at least. Totally wasn't expecting it to be as awesome as it was. One Ok Rock is another Japanese Rock band but this group kind of half and half the lyrics in English and Japanese. Its a nice touch so I'm not completely lost while listening. I like it so I was like eh what the hell. I'll share and maybe somebody will feel the same way I do. So check it out.

[YOUTUBE]DTHFyvGY_FU[/YOUTUBE]

Falling In Reverse released a video for their song Chemical Prisoner. I hadn't istened to the song for a while but I gave the video a watch and I remembered why it was one of my favourite songs from the Just Like You album.

I've been feeling down the last couple of months but I've picked myself up and doing better and for some reason the chorus to the song especially gives off a motivational factor.

It's so hard to be together
And I try, and I try
But it won't get better
Forever
Days go, days go by
I won't die, I won't die cause
I must, I must try
Forever

[youtube]P8mNfNQOm0A[/youtube]

This song has been stuck in my head for like a damn week since I first heard it. I know its like 3 years old, but I had never heard it before a week ago. I forgot how smooth JT could be. White boy's got some damn soul.

Pusher Love
So high I'm on the ceiling baby
You're my drug
C'mon be my dealer baby
Hook me up
All I want is you baby

One more time.....

This song is badass.

One oldie came to mind the other day when I had heard that Jimmy Bain passed on. A while back there were groups of people getting together to create music as a means of brining awareness to the plight of starving children throughout the African continent. "We Are The World" was an earworm that I tried my best to ignore, "Do They Know It's Christmas" was neat but still pretty cheesy. Hard Rock wasn't getting the representation it deserved, so none other than Ronnie James Dio decided to get a group together to record a song meant to utilize the power of rock to bring awareness to the cause of feeding those who are starving.

The eventual cast of participants became a who's who of the heavy metal era of that time, to include Spinal Tap. I think it peaked at #36 in the US, and likely didn't raise an impressive sum compared to the other charity compilation songs. I listen to it now as a testament to the performers involved with the song who are no longer with us. Hear N' Aid - Stars:

[YOUTUBE]qZktrrqT1A0[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back