What song are you currently listening to?

Inspiration comes from the darnedest places. I just made it through a couple weeks of physically intensive training that wouldn't have mentally taxed me as much, except that I caught a cold (man-flu) half-way through and had to sleep in a recovery position every night so I wouldn't suffocate. Thanks to meth-heads, I can no longer easily obtain cough medicine that's worth a damn.

I find myself once again coping with misery by associating a song with a current wrestler.

Finn Balor has been stealing the hearts of the crowd. Even though I recently admitting to not really caring for him, I find him endearing in that he reminds me of U2 song from when they were actually edgy. I'm dedicating U2's "Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me" to their fellow Irishman Finn Balor.

Last edited:
Been listening to some Audioslave. Wasn't really the biggest fan (more of a Soundgarden guy) but there's some definite gems in their discography

[YOUTUBE]7QU1nvuxaMA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KDMvN45sjo4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vVXIK1xCRpY[/YOUTUBE]

Also probably my favourite Soundgarden song

[YOUTUBE]sNh-iw7gsuI[/YOUTUBE]

B.B. King is an old favorite of mine growing up, as my Dad was always big into Blues and Jazz.

I read a funny story about B.B. King regarding why he names his guitars "Lucille" that can be read at this link.

In a nutshell; B.B. King was playing at a club in Arkansas and the building caught fire due to a fight that broke out, and B.B. King was almost killed in that fire trying to save his guitar. Later B.B. King found out that the two men were fighting over a woman named Lucille. That name has taken on a new meaning since a certain fictional character made it famous.

B.B. King - My Lucille:

Last edited:
This one hurts even more than Chris Cornell because I grew up on Linkin Park. I owe Linkin Park for getting me into heavy music. I hadn't really listened to them since Minutes To Midnight but songs from Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes To Midnight are still some of my favourite songs ever. I never got to see them live and I never will. Chester Bennington was the best vocalist in nu metal, one of the best vocalists of the past 17 years and one of the best ever

[YOUTUBE]8sgycukafqQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3t2WkCudwfY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]kXYiU_JCYtU[/YOUTUBE]

Every song off of Alpha from the band Sevendust. Such a hate filled album that can cheer up my worst of moods.

Earlier, on a huge Chevelle kick. So much so, I got my 12 year old son into them. :)

Right now I am listening to Nobody Hears by Suicidal Tendencies. Suicidal For Life. I think I Saw Your Mommy is next in the rotation and then it moves on to Faith No More.

I'm a huge fan of both Mike Patton and Cyco Miko Muir as vocalists. Patton, in particular, is amazing and nobody is as fast and angry as Muir. Except maybe de la Rocha, I guess.....

Hmmm, now maybe I need to listen to some RATM. And that'll lead to Audioslave which will lead to Soundgarden....

[YOUTUBE]9ag2RyDdBWU[/YOUTUBE]

So I was reading how Myke Terry formerly of Bury Your Dead had joined Volumes. Now I'd listened to a bit of Bury Of Your Dead and I found out he had a RnB solo career for a bit. This seems to be a mixture of the two. Metal backing tracks and nice clean vocals with some screams sprinkled in. It's like a heavier Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit. Anyway I'm now a fan of Volumes

Volumes sounded pretty good but lord, their YouTube comments are ridiculous.

Alex, have you checked out Backwordz and Fire From the Gods? The signer of Backwordz was in FFTG and he left them to create Backwordz. FFTG have a new signer who is a copy of the original singer but their sound is still good. I prefer Backwordz but still enjoy Fire From the Gods.

Currently listening to No Way to Heal from Trivium. I enjoyed Vengeance Falls as an album along with Silence in the Snow. I really enjoy their newest track The Sin and the Sentence! That track is amazing to the ears

[YOUTUBE]dl9jRfc1VOs[/YOUTUBE]

Our Lady Peace - Drop Me In The Water

The first new material from my favorite band in 5 years. Drop me in the water starts off soft with a good melody and hits big with its chorus that's reminiscent of the bands Gravity days. It doesn't really blow up until the final minute with that roaring Solo. The band released the first part of their 2 planned EP set called Somethingness last Friday. While the other 3 songs are a let down, for me at least. The Single still manages to scratch that OLP itch I've had for some time. Hopefully part 2 has a bit more kick to it.

[youtube]d-MaiZxyvzk[/YouTube]

I love everything about this song. The beat, the video, his voice, the message behind the lyrics even the lyrics themselves. This song has helped me through some tough times.

Quite possibly my favorite song ever

Currently listening to Confuison by Metallica. I believe I am obsessed with this album from them in general.

Reading the YouTube comments are priceless. "This is thrash" "No, it is not thrash" and I am here just sitting reading and enjoying the music experts of YouTube's comment section.

YouTube is full of rare gems that leave me wondering what I've been doing with my life where I haven't discovered certain examples of songs that scream "FUCKING AWESOME!"

Tom Jones was a popular guy in his day, all of his songs are timeless in their own right. I happened upon a video of Def Leppard lead singer Bruce Dickinson on an off-beat British game show where he was tasked with singing Delilah by Tom Jones. His vocal range was tested, and he annihilated anyone who might doubt if he could pull it off.

Last edited:
He was the singer for Iron Madien, not Def Leppard.

Oops :banghead:. I hope the egg on my face will wash off.

Not out of desperation, but out of necessity, I was able to find another fun song that's been keeping me motivated.

Are you ever at that point where you think "If only I could get an extra boost of energy"? Like if you're out for a run and can't find the mental gumption to push out the last mile, or if you're part of the cult known as CrossFit and someone you resent is making you look bad in front of the exalted training staff. Play the following song, crank the volume, and you're welcome.

Last edited:
One odd phenomenon is when a great band is also a band full of individual hitmakers.

The Eagles have had a lot of different musicians as members of the band. Four of those men have hit songs to their name that I feel are better than anything the band itself has produced. Though some of these songs are credited as Eagles songs, the bend members in question wrote certain songs and apparently have legal right to the songs as they've performed them while on solo tours.

Don Henley's Dirty Laundry:

Joe Walsh's In the City:

Don Felder's Takin' a Ride:

Glenn Frey's You Belong to the City:

Glenn Frey - You Belong To The City - HD

Last edited:
[youtube]aJg4OJxp-co[/youtube]

Robert Plant called them Led Zeppelin I. Got curious, listened and yeah, I can confirm that these boys who probably aren't even old enough to drink are Zeppelin reincarnated. Fantastic sound to them. Hope they continue because damn if this isn't nice to hear nowadays.

[youtube]9XaS93WMRQQ[/youtube]

Proverbial gun to my head, if you asked me who my favorite 90s band was I'd say The Cranberries, with "Zombie" being the song that I'll remember the lyrics to until I'm old and can't remember my own name. I was devastated when I heard of the lead singer's death in January, and was glad the proceeds to this went to her family. Tearjerker of a cover, with an update close to home and a reprise of the most gut-wrenching caliber. She was supposed to have sung this with them. Jesus. And Bad Wolves is another band to definitely look out for.

[YOUTUBE]nHlJODYBLKs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]V2fpgpanZAw[/YOUTUBE]

Right now I am listening to OK GO. It had been years since I had listened to them, but I found them buried in one of my old cd cases from college.

Its a wierd shift from there first two albums which were more guitar driven rocke, to there two more recent albums, which are more pop driven. I still find them enjoyable though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back