• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the worst movie you have seen?

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
This may already be a thread and probably has been but what is the worst movie you have seen? I would have to say the worst movie I have ever seen is a horror movie from a couple years ago called The Abandon. The movie made no sens and did not flow at all. I went in expecting good things because it was named the best movie at that years horrorfest or whatever the hell those were called when they came out on halloween for like one night. Point is this movie was a giant turd and I can never get my money or hour and a half back. What about you guys? Whats the worst movie youve seen.

Too many movies come to mind. But, off the top of my head, there are two films in particular that come to mind. First is the film Gone Fishin', which you may have seen in your local Wal-Mart bargain bin. It stars Joe Pesci and Danny Glover, going fishing. That's the entire plot. Apparently it's a "comedy", but I'm not too sure about that one. Just look at the craptacular poster:

Gone_fishin.jpg

Doesn't exactly look promising does it? I spent two dollars on the DVD for that movie and I still felt ripped off.

The second film that comes to mind and is a film I just saw yesterday for the first time, and that's Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation. I had avoided the film for years because of all the bad things I had heard about it, I loved the other entries into the franchise, and I had a few hours to kill, I saw it on and I figured "Hey, why not?". What started off as a passable albeit cheesy slasher film quickly turned into the most confusingly awful 90 minutes I've ever witnessed in film. I'm fairly certain that whoever wrote this film was incredibly high on paint thinner and ketamine when they wrote the script, because it doesn't make a fucking lick of sense. Matthew McConaughey has a robot leg, he might actually be a robot, he constantly is licking people's faces for no good reason, there's some sort of conspiracy about the family being involved in the JFK murder and being a part of a secret government agency, people just begin dancing at random moments through out the film for no particularly good reason, Leatherface is a crossdresser who wears bad latex masks and does nothing but scream and cry for 90 minutes while not killing a single person, McConaughey apparently has planted an explosive mind-bomb inside of his girlfriend's head that will go off if she leaves him, people begin beating corpses with sticks for no reason whatsoever. I could literally go on and on and on with all of the insanely bad moments in this film, but it's really something you have to see to actually believe. For that reason I'd actually recommend you see it, because it's just such a confusingly awful mess that you can't help but laugh at how fucking bad it is.

Honorable mention to Manos: The Hands of Fate, generally renowned as the worst film ever made. Made by a fertilizer salesman, it's about a polygamous pagan cult...or something.

Here's a quick clip of the film being made fun of on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

May be a cliche but I'm going have to pick Plan 9 From Outer Space.

I ordered it off Netflix hoping to laugh at it but I turned it off had to shake it off and got the courage to watch the rest. It was mind boggling bad.

If you don't know about it involves aliens, zombies, and bad acting. And keep in mind this was made in black and white times. You can see the fake effects and one scene you can see the string holding the UFO.

Here's a piece of it
[YOUTUBE]6-kCC8WUKYk[/YOUTUBE]

Now go and drink some scotch and try to forget you watched it

This may already be a thread and probably has been but what is the worst movie you have seen? I would have to say the worst movie I have ever seen is a horror movie from a couple years ago called The Abandon. The movie made no sens and did not flow at all. I went in expecting good things because it was named the best movie at that years horrorfest or whatever the hell those were called when they came out on halloween for like one night. Point is this movie was a giant turd and I can never get my money or hour and a half back. What about you guys? Whats the worst movie youve seen.

Do you mean The Abandoned, the film by Nacho Cerda? Certainly that can't be the worst film you've ever seen. I thought it was quite disappointing as well, but it wasn't bad, it was actually quite good.

haha, I havent seen any of the movies you guys have listed thus far, not that they havent crossed my mind when I was looking for something to watch on a saturday night. I have refused to watch TCM: Next Generation for years becuase of the horrible things ive heard about it and X you have just reinstilled that in me. Im such a fan of the series that I dont wanna see it made into a joke but then again it could be fun to watch. The other movie you listed, I have never heard of. But if I saw it at Wal Mart for 2 bucks I certainly buy it just to see hoe bad it is. I enjoy bad films but only if there so bad there funny. I havent seen Plan 9 form outer space yet either but I really want to.

Heres another terrible movie that ive seen and stuck out like a soar thumb. Troll 2 is possible the king of all terrible movies. The plot is ridiculous. Goblins that turn their vistims into plants because they are vegetarians, yes you read that right. Not only that gem of a story but the lines for the movie are completely read verbratum, meaning word for word as they are in the script with no real acting involved. Its actually a pretty funny movie if you wanna waste an hour and a half or so but all in all it is a truly classic bad movie.

Yes it is that Abandoned one in the same. See, maybe if I went into the film knowing that it was going to be the way it was I wouldnt have hated it as much as I did. I just wanted to see a good horror movie and this one was labled the best of the lot, however it was total garbage from what I thought it was going to be. Had I known that it was more of a mystery I may have thought differently but I didnt and I have no desire to ever watch it again.

And yeah I have probably seen some worse ones but if they make me laugh then I dont really care as much. This one just left my head hurting.

Heres another terrible movie that ive seen and stuck out like a soar thumb. Troll 2 is possible the king of all terrible movies. The plot is ridiculous. Goblins that turn their vistims into plants because they are vegetarians, yes you read that right. Not only that gem of a story but the lines for the movie are completely read verbratum, meaning word for word as they are in the script with no real acting involved. Its actually a pretty funny movie if you wanna waste an hour and a half or so but all in all it is a truly classic bad movie.

I figured Troll 2 would come up eventually, but I refused to bring it up myself. Troll 2 is one of those movies that is so bad that it actually becomes good. In fact, I own the DVD (well it's Troll 1 and 2) and I fucking love Troll 2, I make sure to watch it atleast once a year, and it NEVER gets old. I mean, the film is just so fucking bad that it's literally one of the funniest films I've ever seen. Had it been marketed as a comedy it would've been gold.

I don't count Troll 2 anywhere near worst movie of all time simply because as bad as it is, it is INCREDIBLY enjoyable and entertaining to watch, whereas a truly awful film is just painful to watch every second of.

I mean, come the fuck on, look at this acting in Troll 2!

Yeah, I'm a big mark for Troll 2. Fucking love that movie to death.

haha other then my girl friend I have yet to find someone who truly hates Troll 2. It is exactly what you said. It is so bad that it gets good eventually. Im just saying that its a terrible film from the mechanics perspective. The story is ludacrous and the editing and acting are obviously nothing to be envied by anyone. It is a great movie to just sit back relax and watch a funny fuckin movie. I get drunk with my buddies watching it at least once a year as well.

I'm sure it's not 'technically' the worst movie I've seen, but the fact that piece of shit Ordinary People won the Oscar over Raging Bull makes it my most hated. The movie was fucking terrible. I mean, honestly, it was. Check out my full review of it here:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=1043339&postcount=23

In that post I say it's not as bad as Funny Games, but that was a joke. At least Funny Games didn't win an Oscar and had some entertainment to it. This had nothing attractive about it at all; in fact, I don't even know why I gave it a 2 in that rating. I guess my love for Donald Sutherland and Judd Hirsch kept me from doing so, but that film is a 1 at most.

Also, looking at my reviews in that thread again, it reminded me how terrible Flowers in the Attic was. That got a 0.5 rating from me, lol, so I guess that's even worse than Ordinary People. But still... I just can't get over the fact that Ordinary People beat Raging Bull for an Oscar. It drives me fucking insane, and that makes it not only the most overrated film in history, but also the worst ever created in my eyes.

I'm sure it's not 'technically' the worst movie I've seen, but the fact that piece of shit Ordinary People won the Oscar over Raging Bull makes it my most hated. The movie was fucking terrible. I mean, honestly, it was. Check out my full review of it here:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=1043339&postcount=23

In that post I say it's not as bad as Funny Games, but that was a joke. At least Funny Games didn't win an Oscar and had some entertainment to it. This had nothing attractive about it at all; in fact, I don't even know why I gave it a 2 in that rating. I guess my love for Donald Sutherland and Judd Hirsch kept me from doing so, but that film is a 1 at most.

Also, looking at my reviews in that thread again, it reminded me how terrible Flowers in the Attic was. That got a 0.5 rating from me, lol, so I guess that's even worse than Ordinary People. But still... I just can't get over the fact that Ordinary People beat Raging Bull for an Oscar. It drives me fucking insane, and that makes it not only the most overrated film in history, but also the worst ever created in my eyes.

I get that you're pissed that it got the win over Raging Bull, and I completely agree with you about that being utter bullshit. But I don't think the film is nearly as bad as you seem to think. The performances in Ordinary People are fan-fucking-tastic, from Sutherland to Moore to a young Timothy Hutton. Not a masterpiece by any means and I agree it's completely overrated, but hardly 2/10 material. I'd say more like 6.5/10, maybe 7. Just my opinion though.

I mean, come on JMT, you gave Fools Rush In 7/10 in that same post. FOOLS RUSH IN. That automatically bumps your rating for Ordinary People up by about seven points.

And by Funny Games, I assume you mean the remake? Have you seen the original?

So since I started this thread and started thinking about all of the absolutely awful films that I have seen, there is indeed one movie that rises above all in my eyes. X said that the worst movie that someone has seen should be something that you can not tolerate, at all. About a month ago I was looking for a movie to watch and came across this film with a badass cover title The Singing Detective and staring Robert Downey Jr., who happens to be one of my favorite actors. So I rented it and brought it him to watch. Not 10 minutes in and I absolutley hated it. I thought if I continued it might get better, but to no avail. This movie literally made me sick to watch, I basically wanted to puke because of the complete garbage that I was watching. Had the film not been a total clusterfuck and focused on the actually intriguing detective story it may have been good, but that is for God to know. I wish no man, friend or enemy, to ever have to watch that trashy film.

I get that you're pissed that it got the win over Raging Bull, and I completely agree with you about that being utter bullshit. But I don't think the film is nearly as bad as you seem to think. The performances in Ordinary People are fan-fucking-tastic, from Sutherland to Moore to a young Timothy Hutton. Not a masterpiece by any means and I agree it's completely overrated, but hardly 2/10 material. I'd say more like 6.5/10, maybe 7. Just my opinion though.

I completely disagree, man. I thought Moore was fucking atrocious. And everything Timothy Hutton did felt so forced. I thought his performance was quite bad as well. Not as bad as Moore, but still bad.

I mean, come on JMT, you gave Fools Rush In 7/10 in that same post. FOOLS RUSH IN. That automatically bumps your rating for Ordinary People up by about seven points.

I like Matthew Perry and Salma Hayek's boobs. Sue me. :p

But that film was more around a 5 than a 7 looking back at it.

And by Funny Games, I assume you mean the remake? Have you seen the original?

Yes, the remake. I doubt the original is better though, man. There's no way the actors in the original are as good as the actors in the remake. Though, the acting being so tremendous in the remake is one of the reasons I hate the movie so much, because I thought all their performances went to waste because of the director's pretentiousness.

Even though I mentioned Funny Games already, Tdigs bringing up Michael Haneke's name in the Bullshit about Movies thread reminded me just how much I despise his film, The Piano Teacher. Cache was a huge piece of shit as well, but The Piano Teacher is also one of the absolute worst, most contrite movies I've ever seen, if not THE worst. In fact, that's right... The Piano Teacher is the worst movie I've seen, so eat that, Tdigs. :icon_razz:

Seriously though, everything about The Piano Teacher was pure trash, outside of some of the acting. The writing was crap, the look of the picture was crap... it was just a crappy, crappy film. Nothing made sense whatsoever, and the ending had to be the worst I've ever seen in any film, ever. Just an all around terrible movie. How anyone could like it is beyond me, and if Tdigs wasn't a fan of the movie, than I'd really go off on the fans of it, but since he's not some of things I want to say about them, I can't say it.

The Talented Mr. Ripley. One of those ''good film'' that's actually really shit. But to be fair, I don't know what I was expecting, the film was made by Anthony Minghella. Director or those gloriously overlong films that win lots of awards. He's like Ron Howard, but longer and more pretentious.

The Talented Mr. Ripley looked like it'd be great. But this shit peaked when Jude Law got hit with an oar. Even then I didn't get the satisfaction I'd have hoped for from the death of Jude Law.

And is it me, or do it have the most boring cast list of all time? Matt Damon is pretty good now, but then he was shit. Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law, they just a bit dull aren't they? Lots of talent, but no real personality. I would've casted Schwarzenegger.

Even though I mentioned Funny Games already, Tdigs bringing up Michael Haneke's name in the Bullshit about Movies thread reminded me just how much I despise his film, The Piano Teacher. Cache was a huge piece of shit as well, but The Piano Teacher is also one of the absolute worst, most contrite movies I've ever seen, if not THE worst. In fact, that's right... The Piano Teacher is the worst movie I've seen, so eat that, Tdigs. :icon_razz:

Seriously though, everything about The Piano Teacher was pure trash, outside of some of the acting. The writing was crap, the look of the picture was crap... it was just a crappy, crappy film. Nothing made sense whatsoever, and the ending had to be the worst I've ever seen in any film, ever. Just an all around terrible movie. How anyone could like it is beyond me, and if Tdigs wasn't a fan of the movie, than I'd really go off on the fans of it, but since he's not some of things I want to say about them, I can't say it.

You're free to say whatever you want, man. Some films just don't do it for people. I am confident in my assertion that Haneke is the best filmmaker working today. One thing, though: any Haneke film should make you go online to see what other people have said about it, as it should not sit right with you at first.

For example, you mention the bad acting in The Piano Teacher, and the horrible ending. Honestly, I'm kind of confused by this, as the acting and ending were very purposeful and effective. However, I'm not going to hold this against you and be snooty about it, because I myself didn't understand what was going on until I discussed the film with other people.

Before I mention this movie, I should note that I remember this movie from the perspective of a fourteen year old, as I have only seen it once, when it was in theatres, and that was twenty years ago. But for me, Bright Lights, Big City walks away with the prize. I went to see this movie for the sole reason that Michael J Fox was the star. I was a huge fan, and after Teen Wolf and Back to the Future, I had such high expectations for this movie. Now, let me stress the point that I was watching this in a packed movie theatre, not sitting at home on the couch. About twenty minutes into the movie, I was so bored I literally fell asleep in the middle of the theatre. I woke up maybe twenty minutes later when someone bumped my seat, said screw it, got up and walked out of a movie I had bought a ticket to go see. I've seen some pretty bad movies in my time, and some that were so bad they became good, but that is the only time I have ever paid money to watch a movie and couldn't even stay til the end.

I’m sure there are worse movies I’ve seen but I just can’t remember them. Anyways, the first that comes to mind is Tropic Thunder. This was supposed to be a comedy film but honestly, I didn’t find it to be that funny. If I remember correctly, I let out a few chuckles and that’s it. I consider a comedy movie good when I can literally laugh out loud throughout the entire movie and when the movie doesn’t make me regret spending $3 bucks on it. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I thought it was a horrible movie that did not exceed my expectations which were considerably low since Jack Black was in it.

EDIT: By the way, the seeing movies for three bucks thing is completely legal. I promise. I watch them on some channel on brighthouse.

Before I mention this movie, I should note that I remember this movie from the perspective of a fourteen year old, as I have only seen it once, when it was in theatres, and that was twenty years ago. But for me, Bright Lights, Big City walks away with the prize. I went to see this movie for the sole reason that Michael J Fox was the star. I was a huge fan, and after Teen Wolf and Back to the Future, I had such high expectations for this movie. Now, let me stress the point that I was watching this in a packed movie theatre, not sitting at home on the couch. About twenty minutes into the movie, I was so bored I literally fell asleep in the middle of the theatre. I woke up maybe twenty minutes later when someone bumped my seat, said screw it, got up and walked out of a movie I had bought a ticket to go see. I've seen some pretty bad movies in my time, and some that were so bad they became good, but that is the only time I have ever paid money to watch a movie and couldn't even stay til the end.

Bright Lights, Big City was a pretty bad adaptation. Although, I thought Michael J. Fox was pretty good in it; it's just too bad nothing else was up to snuff. I highly recommend that you read the book, if you haven't already. It's completely narrated in the second person, and, although it deals with yuppies, it is nonetheless very moving.

τδιγλε;1501227 said:
You're free to say whatever you want, man. Some films just don't do it for people. I am confident in my assertion that Haneke is the best filmmaker working today. One thing, though: any Haneke film should make you go online to see what other people have said about it, as it should not sit right with you at first.

Almost after every movie I watch, I go onto IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes to see what other people say about it. The Piano Teacher was no exception.

τδιγλε;1501227 said:
For example, you mention the bad acting in The Piano Teacher, and the horrible ending. Honestly, I'm kind of confused by this, as the acting and ending were very purposeful and effective. However, I'm not going to hold this against you and be snooty about it, because I myself didn't understand what was going on until I discussed the film with other people.

If you read my post again, you'll see that I said that the acting was the only GOOD thing about the movie. I also made this clear in your Michael Haneke showcase. It was everything else that I thought sucked, and nothing I've read on IMBD or otherwise has made me changed my mind. The film just reeked of ******ation all throughout and I never saw a reasonable explanation as to why the characters acted the way the acted, or what exactly was the point of the film.

I’m sure there are worse movies I’ve seen but I just can’t remember them. Anyways, the first that comes to mind is Tropic Thunder. This was supposed to be a comedy film but honestly, I didn’t find it to be that funny. If I remember correctly, I let out a few chuckles and that’s it. I consider a comedy movie good when I can literally laugh out loud throughout the entire movie and when the movie doesn’t make me regret spending $3 bucks on it. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I thought it was a horrible movie that did not exceed my expectations which were considerably low since Jack Black was in it.

I'm truly baffled by this. I understand if you don't like Tropic Thunder, but how could anyone say it's the worst movie they've seen?

Personally, I thought it was awesome and entertaining as hell. Also, I have to say Jack Black's performance was by far the worst in the film. Maybe that's why you didn't enjoy: your favorite guy was the shittiest part of the movie.

Almost after every movie I watch, I go onto IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes to see what other people say about it. The Piano Teacher was no exception.

If you read my post again, you'll see that I said that the acting was the only GOOD thing about the movie. I also made this clear in your Michael Haneke showcase. It was everything else that I thought sucked, and nothing I've read on IMBD or otherwise has made me changed my mind. The film just reeked of ******ation all throughout and I never saw a reasonable explanation as to why the characters acted the way the acted, or what exactly was the point of the film.

Oh, I read your post, and you said some of the acting was good. My bad for not qualifying the statement.

How is the ending to The Piano Teacher horrible? Here you have a brilliant, middle-aged piano teacher whose neuroticism and domineering mother have made it so that she views sex as a game of power. As she's about to perform the ultimate one-up on her quasi-rapist, he comes into the concert hall acting as nonchalant as humanly possible. The person that she thought of as a costar in her morbid fantasy turns out to just be someone who wanted to bed her and be through with her. Thus, she stabs herself because of how naive and childish she truly is (the fact that she is a genius in other respects only exacerbates the situation, and the disturbing nature of this revelation probably explains why she decides to stab rather than slap herself).

I'm truly baffled by this. I understand if you don't like Tropic Thunder, but how could anyone say it's the worst movie they've seen?

Like I said, I am pretty sure that I've seen worse films than Tropic Thunder. I just can't remember them right now. That's just the first one that came to mind when I saw this thread.

Personally, I thought it was awesome and entertaining as hell.

I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea. I thought there were some pretty good parts but overall, I thought the movie was horrible.

Also, I have to say Jack Black's performance was by far the worst in the film.

Agreed.

Maybe that's why you didn't enjoy: your favorite guy was the shittiest part of the movie.

Actually, I really dislike Jack Black as an actor. I don't find him funny at all and maybe that's what affected my opinion on the movie. But it wasn't just him, like I said, overall I thought it was bad. I really did give it a chance but for some reason I didn't really enjoy it. Maybe I should give it a second viewing and see if my opinion changes.

I went into Tropic Thunder with pretty high expectations myself, primarily because of the pairing of Ben Stiller and Robert Downey Jr. I'll agree, it was nowhere near as funny as I expected it to be. The only parts I found truly funny were the scenes featuring Matthew McConaughey and Tom Cruise. The scene where Tom Cruise starts screaming into the BlackBerry was quite possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen in a movie, ever. The actor on the other end of the phone sold it so well with his facial expressions, as did McConaughey, and by the end of the scene I was laughing so hard that I paused the movie and got my former roommate to come out and watch the scene over again with me.

Beyond that though...meh. It was a letdown, but it was still decent.

Flu Birds, and it's not close. I'd rather sit through a 96 hours marathon of Battlefield: Earth then ever have to lay eyes on that movie again.

It was a SciFi (now SyFy) original, and was about these oversized crows that carried the flu, basically. They were attacking these kids that were, I guess, in juvenile detention, and they were fighting them off...

Yes, it's as ******ed as it sounds. There's at least a tit shot, but they're long and droopy.

Cabin Boy. Outside of the Letterman cameo (which was AWFUL-ly hilarious) this movie dried out my eyeballs and lowered my IQ.

The Dragonlance movie was the biggest letdown by far, and was a horrible movie to boot. Floating boobs, wierd 3-D fighting 2-D animation, Laurana making out with old geezer Elistan, this one was a head shaker.

Oh yeah, and I love Fools Rush In too, JMT. My fave romantic comedy of all time.

Without doubt, the worst film I have ever seen is Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End. It just defies belief how awful this film is. The CGI is distinctly average, the plot has so many holes it may as well be a piece of cheese and the acting. well dont get me started on the acting. Even Johnny Depp, who I consider to be an excellent actor, was poor.

Feel free to tell me how wrong I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back