Worst Movie You've Ever Seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't meant to be a WW2 or anti-America thread but, again, brush up on your WW2 history. The Americans supported the war and helped the French and English but chose not to involve their own troops because they didn't want any large casualties, especially not so many years removed from WW1. They were forced into a period of isolationism since the end of the 10s, and the Great Depression didn't help either. There was really no major reason for them to involve any troops unless they had been attacked, and Pearl harbor was really the last straw and they kind of had to enter the war after that.

And can you be more specific about these things portrayed as done by the Americans but not actually done by Americans please?

I haven't watched it in a long time and have no intention of doing so again, but I know there are at least some elements of the film that actually happened but were not done by americans, which is how it is portrayed in the film. Please, it wasn't JUST the English the Americans helped, it was British soldiers.

Another example, is a film I haven't seen, but U-571, starring amongst others Jon freaking Bon Jovi, is a total re-write of history. It's about the capture of the Enigma machine from the Nazi's. and it was British troops that captured it, but the film portrays Americans recovering it.

If you're not willing to find me the proof of this, then I can't take you seriously, you're just making anti-american horseshit up.

Please, it wasn't JUST the English the Americans helped, it was British soldiers.

I don't even understand this sentence. The Americans didn't just help the english, but they also helped the british soldiers? :blink:

As for U571, i haven't seen it so I can't comment, but I'm going to say that you misunderstand the fact that a movie is fictional, and it needs to be modified if it's based on a true story or a novel in order to fit the 2 to 3 hour format and to create an intrigue that's interesting for viewers. again, I haven't seen this particular movie, so I can't comment explicitly.

The same applies to a certain extent to Saving Private Ryan. But I want you to read this quote taken directly from Wikipedia:

Thereafter it presents a fictional search for a paratrooper of the U.S. 101st Airborne Division. While this part of the plot is a work of fiction, the premise is very loosely based on the real-life case of the Niland Brothers.

So I don't know what else to tell you... it's a work of FICTION. The page goes on to say that it did create some controversy for ignoring the British involvement in D-Day... but like I said, it's a work of fiction that focuses on one particular story within the war. The beginning is a set-up for the rest of the movie.

Speaking of that part of the movie... the first half hour of Saving Private Ryan is probably one of the best scenes in the history of film. I don't see how you can bash it so much based on this Anti-American rubbish and completely ignore what the movie did for cinema.

Number 1!!!

Open Water - TWO HOURS OF TWO PEOPLE BOBBING IN THE WATER. The movie goes as follows.

*boob at the beginning*........."oh no the boat left"..........."eww, did you just pee?"...............*gasp*"A SHARK"...."no, it was just a jelly fish"............"well this sucks, I'm gonna die now"........THE END!

You just watched a two hour movie, by reading a 1 minute script.

Sadly, Open Water was the only movie on this list that I paid to see. Because I liked Jaws... and thought that since people were saying "scarier then Jaws" it was gonna be good. Biggest piece of shit ever made...... and like every piece of shit... it has a sequel.... that I won't be seeing.

Theres a sequal coming out this year for it.:zzzz:

If you're not willing to find me the proof of this, then I can't take you seriously, you're just making anti-american horseshit up.

I don't even understand this sentence. The Americans didn't just help the english, but they also helped the british soldiers? :blink:

As for U571, i haven't seen it so I can't comment, but I'm going to say that you misunderstand the fact that a movie is fictional, and it needs to be modified if it's based on a true story or a novel in order to fit the 2 to 3 hour format and to create an intrigue that's interesting for viewers. again, I haven't seen this particular movie, so I can't comment explicitly.

The same applies to a certain extent to Saving Private Ryan. But I want you to read this quote taken directly from Wikipedia:

So I don't know what else to tell you... it's a work of FICTION. The page goes on to say that it did create some controversy for ignoring the British involvement in D-Day... but like I said, it's a work of fiction that focuses on one particular story within the war. The beginning is a set-up for the rest of the movie.

Speaking of that part of the movie... the first half hour of Saving Private Ryan is probably one of the best scenes in the history of film. I don't see how you can bash it so much based on this Anti-American rubbish and completely ignore what the movie did for cinema.

What I mean is, it was the British army fighting in WW2, not the English army. Scots, Welsh and Irishmen all fought in WW2.

By ignoring British involvement, it does 'americanize' the film, and the history of when the film takes place.

Look, the reason I didn't like it was only partly because of the 'america is so great' aspects of it. I just don't think Tom Hanks is a talented actor at all, and I didn't enjoy the film.

Despite the opening to the film, in my opinion (and remember that's the point), it's not the greatest war movie of all time. Platoon, Apocalypse Now, and especially Full Metal Jacket are all better.

If a movie is 'based on a true story' then it is fictionalized, but not fiction. What U-571's plot is about DID happen, and history is represented falsely in that film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back