What do you expect from Constantine?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Right now, I must say that I am struggling to get into the run of form that I was in when I started with Constantine. Maybe it is because I am not as good or as motivated as I was then but I really think it is because I have deviated too far away from his initial character.

What do people think? Am I writing Constantine wrong? Do you think i should play more of a heel or less of a heel. Do you think that I should go back to writing RP's about Constantine's development? Or do you think Constantine doing what Ty did in the last round and focussing all of the RP on his opponent would make more sense for the Power Trip?

I am very interested to hear what you think, if you can find the time to answer.

Thanks, guys!

I think your writing him just find dude, I haven't really been seeing to much going off track from when I first started reading untill now. You can double up on charicter Devolopment and talking about your opponet in your rp's if you want, or you can just do them singular. Just make sure you keep to your gimmick when your doing the straight down to the buisness match rp's. Tell us why your better, use your gimmick. Really stick it to them!

I think some development right now wouldn't hurt. Honestly, I thought the STPT breakup was a little too sudden, and it just left you in a tailspin, having to not only salvage the Reynolds feud, but also find your footing again after being chewed up and spat out by Showtime.

Where does that leave you? Well, you are going to KC as part of one of the biggest matches. Unlike some of the others around here, you know you're going to be part of the show, so taking the time to develop shouldn't hurt at all. I don't think you need to change anything drastically, but perhaps a better look at Constantine's purpose would help.

I think you're going in the right direction, as I was never a fan of 'The Salvation'. A little more insight to the past never hurt and that could prove useful to Constantine in the future. Also, play off of other storylines. One of my favourite RP's of all time was your Baller RP. I found it hilarious and something similar to that could be great.

For me, I feel that Constantine started off superbly, he was connected with all his RPs and something felt continuous with him, when you did the gimmick change, it was sudden and Constantine's direction went with the change because the purpose of his RPs jumped around a lot more than prior to the change.

I think the biggest criticism out of the last RP I can give was that you just had your team mate turn on you, and barely a word (at most a line) was dedicated about it. I felt that where normally your RPing around circumstances is near perfect, it was a missed moment to propel Constantine forward and get some good momentum going into KC. Given you chose Showtime to represent you, I can guess this will see that chance come again and I know it's on your mind to do it, so make the most of this opportunity.

I think also, seeing Constantine's psychology working in this match build will be interesting, like how does he want to end Reynolds, what match types will he consider? Definitely use the split to get momentum for you. Plus, I loved the "I'm Constantine and I'm better than you!" line, that was something that made him a badass.

I feel for you big guy. This whole STP thing has almost put you into an Alex Riley state and I kinda do blame myself for letting it happen as it occured around the same time I was leaving creative and my online time shrunk like Al Snows testicles in Montreal (Foley is Good, read it!) so there has really been no collaboration between us. I do agree with Phoenix how the sudden "Saviour" gimmick change got you off track. The first problem was it's suddeness, no real build to it, and the second being we have too many "Saviours" right now.

Your last fer RP's have been really good and it's because we've seen Constantine getting back to his political routes. You have to remember that you've had some stiff competition with Ty, Hunter, and Reynolds. I guess the only suggestions that I can make is to go back and re read your RP's from your debut to Unscripted. Your LL RP where you told us Constantines entire past may have shot you in the foot by giving away too much but don't be afraid to go back and use it.

I also have to agree with Phoenix in regards to me. The break up was sudden and nothing about it or our coming together has made much sense. Now that I'm representing you in your Pick your Poison match... I really don't know what to make of us. I brutally attacked you and called you a disgrace, but you've been lying down and... well... taking it. LOL. I don't really know... (Also on that note, Phoenix or Ty, can one of you PM me explaining where we're going with what happened at MD/AS)

Your writing style is good. A politician is a tough gimmick to work with. My advice to just really tear into Reynolds. Bring up your past encounters, how he has yet to beat you or that he took the cowards way out in your last match at LL. Remember that every politician THINKS he is the good guy. Remember how when I was feuding with Reynolds how I tried to paint him as the bad one, not me. Think about it that way. And also like Phoenix said, don't be afraid to let out any fustration that Constantine should be feeling after what I did to you... especially if I do something to screw you over this week.

There's some damn good advice here. I would go with most of it. The development is crucial for the future and push the outrageously brash ego-driven antics. Use the events of the show in your favour and use that as justification for your actions.

In character, Constantine has outsmarted Reynolds and the last RP was good on its own but within the situation of the other events, it lacked a lot.

Thanks for the advice, guys. You are not telling me anything I didn't already know but I did need to hear it from others.

So, I thank you sincerely.

I'm just gonna jump in here. It's not really advice or anything as much as it's where I'd see myself going if I was writing Constantine.

The people didn't believe in Constantine when he was running for office and turned on him on the campaign trail. Titus didn't believe in Constantine when the two met up. And now Showtime has shown so little faith in Constantine that he can cast the politician aside like he's nothing. Constantine if offended by this, perhaps even dejected. Despite him feeling he had the right stances in politics and knowing he brings the right stuff to the table in WZCW, he feels alienated. That said, this is Constantine -- He's arrogant enough to believe that he's so far above the people that they don't appreciate him because they aren't sophisticated enough to understand where he's coming from. For me, that's where he's at if he's a heel. Alternatively, there's a face turn in there where Constantine sees the error of his ways and understands the presentation of his message has been crude and he begins to campaign like a proper baby-kissing, flag-pin wearing all-American politician. Although something like that may have to wait until after Kingdom Come. For now though, tow that heelish line and make sure you just rip your adversaries to shreds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back