AS18: Chris Beckford vs. Constantine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Ascension saw Constantine injure Elite X Champion Austin Reynolds after his debut ended in a draw, he now faces Reynolds' rival and former challenger Chris Beckford who didn't take kind to Constantine's actions. Will Beckford play this one safe or will he show Constantine that there is competition to be feared amongst the roster? How will this fare with Unscripted approaching and the Elite X currently having no challenger as of yet?

Deadline is Tuesday 27th July 23:59 EST

As the scene begins, we see a suburban housing estate. The sun is beating down on the kids playing in the street and a warm, homey environment is prevalent. There is people out cutting their respective lawns as the sun lashes them. All of a sudden, a long limousine pulls into view at the end of the street. Everyone stops what they were doing and chatter begins between the adults of the scheme. The kids do not share the same reserved judgement and shriek with excitement as they run to the sides of the car and begin patting the window, their hands thick with the accumulated mud of the day of playing. Upon reaching it’s destination, the limousine stops before a house in the middle of the street.

The driver’s door of the limousine opens up and a sharp-suited man steps out. Waling towards the back of the car, the driver breaks up the crowd and makes his way to the passenger door. He opens it slowly and a neatly polished shoe hits the ground. As the man gets out of the car further, we notice that it is John Constantine. He is dressed very smartly and business-like. He grimaces at the kids who want to shake his hand. Taking a deep breath in, he extends his hand out to the kids and forces a very wide smile on his face. Shaking a few of the kids hands, he turns back towards the limousine and takes out a handkerchief from his pocket. He wipes down the windows and then wipes his hands. He walks towards the house and knocks on the door. After a few seconds, a man dressed head to toe in denim (save for a WZCW cap) opens the door. Constantine’s jaw drops slightly as he notices the man’s dress sense.

Man (Clearly taken by surprise): Oh my God! It’s Constantine!

Constantine (Composing himself once again): Mr Sinclair, I presume?

The man, clearly in shock of meeting a WZCW superstar, cannot seem to formulate sentences anymore. Constantine, noticing this decides to talk himself.

Constantine: Mr Sinclair, I have a very big wish that I want to run past you. May I come in?

Sinclair can’t seem to speak due to his shock and merely opens the door wider and beckons him inside. He takes off his cap and scratches his head as the shock takes over him. He closes the door behind him and beckons Constantine into his lounge. There, a woman is sitting reading a a broadsheet newspaper.

Sinclair: Sharon, we have a special visitor!

Sharon looks up from her paper and gives a unwelcoming noise

Sharon: Hmph!

Sinclair (Seemingly finding his voice): Take no notice of her, Mr Constantine! She was never a follower of you on the campaign trail and since “the affair”, she hasn’t really considered you human.

Constantine (Clearly annoyed but masking it somewhat): That’s… OK. Everyone is entitled to their opinion sadly enough.

Sinclair: Take a seat, Mr Constantine.

Constantine sits down on a plush leather sofa and Sinclair takes a seat across from him in an empty chair.

Sinclair:
Now, what can I do for you?

Constantine: Firstly, I must thank you for welcoming me into your home, Mr. Sinclair. You and your… lovely wife have really put a wonderful home together here.

Sinclair: Well, thank you! I said to Sharon that we should have green for the den but she wanted mage-

Constantine (Cutting him off): Sorry to interrupt but I have a busy day and I must press onto important matters at hand. You see, this coming Ascension, I face a man who could be very dangerous indeed. I assume you know I am talking about Chris Beckford already. Your rather natty baseball cap tells me that you are a smart WZCW fan and I appreciate that.

Sinclair nods.

Constantine: Now Mr Sinclair, it took me a long time to do this but I managed to track you down and I suspect you know why.

Sinclair (Stuttering a little): The h-h-head!?

Constantine (excitedly): Yes, indeed! You see, Mr Sinclair. I know it was you that caught the head of Mr. Baller last week and I know that you made a quick exit from the arena. Now, we can all keep this whole affair really quiet and nothing more will come of this matter. You see, that head means a lot to me. I have to get inside the head of Chris Beckford and by having that head I know I can accomplish that. He is clearly traumatised by what happened last week and by having that head in my grasp; I can use it to my advantage. Now, in return, I am willing to write you a very large cheque. $50,000 is my valuation of that head and if you give it to me, that sum of money would be yours.

Sharon (Sharply): We can’t!

Constantine gives her a sharp look that she doesn’t notice as her eyes do not life from her newspaper.

Sinclair: I think what my wife is trying to say, Sir. Is that we would give you the head but we already framed it and gave it to my son…

Constantine (looking appalled): You gave a decapitated head to your offspring!?

Sinclair: Please understand, Sir that my son is the biggest Chris Beckford fan and he cried all the way home from the arena last week. I was initially going to sell the thing on the internet or just punt it into an ocean somewhere but he really wanted it. Who were we to refuse him of something that we already have?

Constantine (shaking his head slightly): No matter, where is…

Constantine looks at the writing on the back of his hand.

Constantine: Little Timmy, aged 9?

Sinclair: He’s just in his room.

Mr Sinclair gets out of his seat and exits the room. He shouts for Timmy from outside of the room and a quick pattering of footsteps becomes evident. A muttering from outside the room is heard and then Sinclair and his son enter the room. The boy, clearly taken aback by Constantine, immediately sits down beside him quietly. Sinclair returns to his seat.

Constantine: Timmy, I need a big favour from you. Your daddy tells me that you are big Chris Beckford fan. Truth be told, so am I. I was just thinking to myself that I am such a big fan that I would love to get him a gift to show him my appreciation for his work. Any real fan would do the same, don’t you think?

Timmy nods his head.

Constantine: Great! Now, what I need from you is Mr. Baller’s decapitated head! You see, Chris is very fond of that head and I would love to give it back to him, you know to celebrate his achievement…

Timmy looks at his parents, very worriedly.

Constantine: Oh don’t worry, Kid. I wont be using this head fro anything bad. I am just going to use it to crush your hero into a million pieces and hopefully take away his career so that the world will be free of his blight. Really, it’s quite innocent.

Sharon drops her newspaper as Timmy begins to cry.

Constantine: Tears of joy, that’s so damn sweet! Now listen to me, did you see what I did to Austin Reynolds last week. The Elite X Champion is now a shell of a man. I destroyed him and this head will only make that easier to do with Chris Beckford. He is a nobody and the fans deserve a new hero. Once who will lead them into the new generation. The fans need a leader of men to rid them of this putrid filth like Beckford and Reynolds. With your help, little Tim, I can do that. What do you say?

Timmy runs over to his mother, sobbing. She embraces him and then stands up.

Sharon (Screaming): You! Get the Hell out of my damn house!

Constantine gets to his feet and tries to reason with her.

Constantine: Now, I know I have been unfair. I offered you people $50,000 dollars and didn’t offer little Timmy anything at all except the crushing defeat of his hero. So, give him this. It’s from the Constantine range for kids!

Constantine pulls a white T-shirt from his pocket and gives it to the child.

ofn47r.png

Sharon looks horrified and ushers Constantine through her hall and out of the front door. Slamming the door behind her, Constantine doesn’t have the chance to reason with her. As the loud sobbing of Timmy comes from inside of the house, Constantine brushes himself down…

Constantine: Well, I guess I have eradicate Beckford the good old fashioned way.

*Scene opens with the camera pointing towards the sky, it's a horrible day with dark clouds over head and we can see droplets of rain on the camera screen. The camera moves down and we can see we are in a suburb surrounded by plenty of houses and trees. We can see kids playing in the street throwing a football to each other. In front of them we can see Leon Kensworth stood in a black raincoat with an umbrella over his head. The camera does a 360° turn, as it does we can see an elderly woman swiftly bringing in her washing due to the rain, A young man and his girlfriend walking down the street hand in hand and bus going past with several people looking out the window, seemingly at Leon Kensworth. Suddenly we hear the engine of a car in the distance, after a few moments a blue Ford Fiesta pulls up in the car we can see Sam Remmington. As he gets out of the car the rain begins to get more severe, Sam swiftly puts up an umbrella.*

Remmington: Alright lads?

Kensworth:
Hey Sam, yeah I'm good, a little wet but good.

Cameraman:
I'm soaked

Remmington: Yeah you look like you’re a bit wet. (Sam points at his umbrella) you really ought to get yourself one of these.

Kensworth: So Sam what’s been going on with Chris recently?

Remmington:
I have no idea, I've been over in England recently and haven't spoken to Chris for a few weeks but I saw Apocalypse and Meltdown last week. I really need to have a chat with that man.

Kensworth: How shocking was last week. I mean he punted Mr Ballers head clean off and now we see Constantine went to get the head from the fan who took it home with him. What are your thoughts on that?

Remmington:
Oh no, sorry Leon but I'm not saying anything about anything till I speak to Chris. He was due to be here at half 3 wasn't he. Its quarter to 4 and he's still not here.....hang on I'll phone him.

*Remmington walks out of shot, we can he a few words and mumbles off camera but nothing majorly coherent*

Kensworth: Joe are we all set up so we can start filming as soon as Beckford arrives?

Cameraman: Erm I've been filming since before Sam arrived. We can use some of this for the promotional shots.

Kensworth:
Fair enough.

*Remmington walks back into shot*

Remmington: He said he will be here any minute

Kensworth: Ok cool. So how’s England?

Remmington:
A lot like here at the moment, it was pissing it down in Leeds and its pissing it down here. What’s been going on in the fed recently?

Kensworth: Well Titus seems messed up from losing the title to Vengeance. Austin Reynolds got messed up last week at the hands of Beckford’s opponent Constantine. The Pride of Toyota are dominating the tag division but then again there isn't much of a tag division, and Chris has been sat in dark rooms a lot....

Remmington: Dark rooms?

Kensworth: Yeah for the past couple of weeks in his interview time he has been sat in darkness with something covered over by a towel.

Remmington: That doesn't sound good....

*As Sam and Leon continue to discuss what’s been happening over the course of the last few weeks, the camera shot on our screen changes. We are in a church; we can see the altar, stained glass windows and the organ. There are a number of people sat in the pews, the majority of them old men and women. The Camera pans round we can see one man sat right at the back of the church in the last pew. We can see its Chris Beckford. He is looking straight towards the cross. He is wearing casual clothing not something you would usually find a church going man to wear. He has a black T-Shirt and Blue jogging bottoms on. Chris appears to be holding something in his hand but the camera cannot get a look of what it is. The camera rushes over towards him as we begin to hear what he is saying*

Beckford:
(Softly) I'm scared. What will I become? I didn't mean to do it...it just happened. I've just been so frustrated recently and I snapped. Forgive me. I didn't mean for his head to come off. I haven't been able to sleep...thinking about it constantly. I'm not a bad person. Please help me get on the right path. The problem is I'm not going to face any charges for this. What I did was wrong and I need to get past it...help me.

*Beckford’s phone begins to ring. He stands up and walks outside the church the camera follows.*

Beckford: Sam...Oh Erm...I'm about a minute away I'll be there any second now.

*Beckford runs towards his black BMW and jumps in. The scene switches back to Leon and Sam still discussing what has happened recently in WZCW. As they are speaking a car is heard pulling up.*

Kensworth: Finally he is here.

*Beckford's BMW pulls up out gets Beckford and he walks towards Sam. The children who were throwing the football around realise who has just got out of the car and they run off.*

Beckford: Alright Sam, been a while.

Remmington: Yeah it has. We need to talk. What the hell happened last week?

Beckford: It's not something I want to talk about right now. Lets just do this and we can talk later.

Remmington:
Leon tells me you have been sat in dark rooms, and what the hell is under that towel they tell me about?

Beckford: NOT NOW Sam.

*Beckford brushes past Sam and goes towards Leon.*

Beckford: Let’s make this quick Leon; I'm sure we all have other places we'd rather be than getting wet through in the street. Why we couldn't do this inside the arena or anywhere inside baffles me.

Kensworth: Look it's come from above. The Management want me to take the interviews outside the halls of arenas. This is why we have come here to Yachats Oregon. Ok So first question, last week on Meltdown we witnessed something that has never been seen before. Why did that happen Chris?

Beckford: Well it was quite simple Leon, I looked at the match ups for last week and It said I had Mr Baller...I agree we had never seen it before and it was a fantastic match up and I'm grateful got the win. Hopefully the higher ups will look at that match and say ''this guys deserves another shot at the Elite X Championship''

Kensworth: No I meant what happened after the match with the decapitation of Mr Baller?

Beckford:
Well I offered him my hand as a show of respect and he decided to attack me. That's all I need to say on that matter.

Kensworth:
Ok...Erm...moving on. This week on Ascension you face up against a man who destroyed the Elite X Champion Austin Reynolds in Constantine. Due to the fact that you haven't beaten Austin and Constantine decimated him with relative ease are you worried about your match up?

Beckford:
I watched Ascension last week and I've heard the rumours this week about Constantine. What type of a man must he be that he thinks it’s a good thing to go to a fans house and tell him that he is going to destroy his favourite wrestler? Constantine is a coward. Reynolds was done after he dropped him on the steel ramp but he had to continue. Reynolds was defenceless and he still carried on attacking him...a cowardly move. Now don't get me wrong I don't like Austin Reynolds but one thing I hate more than him is people who sneak attack and hit defenceless wrestlers. Constantine you are nothing more than what we see every week in WZCW. A ''I'm the greatest because I have money'' type of wrestler. Face it your nothing better than a Doug Crashin or a Mr Baller and we all know how that ended when the latter was in the ring with me. So bring what you need to, because I will NOT let you or anybody interfere with me becoming the next Elite X Champion. My time starts now.

Kensworth:
And what would you say --------

Beckford:
I'm done with this Leon I've said all I'm going to say. Sam, we will catch up through the week.

*Beckford walks towards his BMW as the kids who were playing football earlier come towards him wanting autographs. Beckford gives them his autograph and stays to take a photo with the boys. Afterwards he goes to get in the car as he does he turns to Leon.*

Beckford: You see Leon...This is what it’s all about. Lighting up a kids face...taking a little time out of your day to make people happy. That’s what people like Constantine and Reynolds don't understand. That’s what makes me different from them.

*The scene fades*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back