What 2 superstars have had the best chemistry?

matty256

Pre-Show Stalwart
Obviously this whole idea is a purely subjective look on things so not everyone will agree with my choices, but I've put together 10 tandems who I think best meshed together, in the ring. Sometimes a great rivarly can produce great matches, othertimes it's just a heated rivalry with matches that are just simply, "good" and you remember the RIVALRY "MORE" then the matches.

So here are my top ten:

10. Shawn Micheals and Undertaker:
As proved again in 2009, these two could still captivate an audience. In the classic and original Hell in a Cell Michaels bumping helped make Taker look extremely dominant. In this feud though, both guys could have the upperhand on one another and it would still be believable. Over time they have provided a number of tremendous encounters and that is due to the fact they could gel together so well.

9. Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle:
One word comes to mind when thinking of these two wrestling men in the ring together. CLASSIC. Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle were almost made for each other and each time they went at it you know you really were in for a Pure-Wrestling match. Benoit really brought the best out of Kurt Angle and the two never had one Bad Match together.

8. Razor Ramone and Shawn Micheals:
Not only were these Clique buddies just that, they ushered in a new style that helped push both men to the moon. There match at Wrestlemania X still holds up and taking into account the fact they provided another tremendous match at Summerslam 95, it was clear the two flowed so well together. Both these guys knew how to mix things up in the squared circle, Ladder or not.

7. Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero:
There "Goodbye" Match at ECW in 1995 (2 out of 3 Falls) is so good that it's scary. I've never seen any two Wrestlers perfect such quick exchanges and at the same time put on an absolute clinic in a very technical fashion. They provided other great matches over the years but it was the fact it was Guerrero and Malenko coming together which made it as special as it really was.

6. Triple H and The Rock:
Undeniable Attitude Era Icons always clashed for a good time. Whether it was for the IC title while The Rock was still Rocky Maivia, or whether it was putting on an awesome Ladder Match that helped elevate both there career's. But the best was when they were both main eventers in the year 2000 and in the spring time at Wrestlemania, Backlash and Judgment Day provided Classic Matches that still stand the test of time.

5. Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio:
Two men who could go out there and provide a Classic Encounter just about every time is a theme you will see repeated in the description from here on out, but that is why this is nearing the top of the list. Also two people who were extremely close outside the business knew each other in and out of the ring incredibally well. In WCW they provided arguably the greatest cruiserweight matches of all time and in the WWE they did the exact same. There match at the 1997 Halloween Havoc remains heavily praised to this day and there 2005 bouts are nothing to ignore either

4. Steve Austin and The Rock:
Two of the biggest wrestlers of all time, and certainly in recent history always had the fact they were the biggest and most popular to there advantage. That right there would of been fine and did the job, but that wasn't it. When these two went at it both men had such a bond together that the crowd ate up every move, every hold. Whenever these two go at it the audience is completely captivated due to the natural chemistry the two had with one another, which is a reason it is also one of the greatest rivalries of all time.

3. Bret Hart and Steve Austin:
Pink tights...what the hell's that all about Bret? Sunglasses and Sparklers, what a load of Crap. Not only was the Rivalry unmatched, the promo's legendary, and the times groundbreaking. But the two men inside the ring were quite simply, made for one another as said by Vince McMahon on the Hitman's DVD. There matches at Survivor Series 1996 and Wrestlemania 13 still stand as two of the greatest matches I have ever seen. Both men also lead there respective country in an all-out war at the 1997 "Canadian Stampede" Classic. When these two men collided during that bout the whole Saddledome shook, it was beyond intense. Stone Cold and The Hitman were anti-heroes to one another and seeing these two meet in the ring is an absolute gift

2. Mr. Perfect and Bret Hart:
These two could wrestle blindfolded and I'd still be convinced they could put something together past four stars. People like to claim there matches were "Perfectly Executed" because well, they were. It didn't matter if it was 1989, 1991 and Hennig had a bad back, or in 1993 Wrestling a Perfect match at the King of the Ring.

I have watched there King of the Ring Clash a lot of fucking times, it is one of my all time favorite matches for a reason. I love how smooth, how crisp everything is perfected. As the great Bobby Heenan states "This is Wrestling. Randy Savage says this is a "CLASSY match". Jim Ross loves the offensive exchanges and puts his first REAL emotion I've seen into his voice in this company. Curt Hennig and Bret Hart might of been great friends, but they were better opponents.

1. Ric Flair and Ricky The Dragon Steamboat:
Two fantastic workers to say the least, developed a natural bond having wrestled each other countless number of times. There 1989 trilogy still stands up twenty years later as some of the greatest matches ever seen. Both these guys were like Peanut Butter and Jelly, they just flowed so well. they`re definitely number one when it comes to who has the most chemistry imo which is where I am putting them.

So those are who imo had the best chemistry together

I think Mr. McMahon and Stone Cold Steve Austin definitely needs to be up there. The feud made the Attitude era and lasted literally years. I don't care how great they were in the ring together, their rivalry will never be forgotten. We've had countless Boss/Wrestler feuds since then but none of them have worked nearly as well as McMahon/Austin because their chemistry has never been matched.

I think Mr. McMahon and Stone Cold Steve Austin definitely needs to be up there. The feud made the Attitude era and lasted literally years. I don't care how great they were in the ring together, their rivalry will never be forgotten. We've had countless Boss/Wrestler feuds since then but none of them have worked nearly as well as McMahon/Austin because their chemistry has never been matched.

Yeah, this was probably one of the greatest feud ever. I don't think that any other superstar could feud with Mr McMahon and have such an impact as that one did:la:

I'm going for something a little more recent since all the best old school chemistry pairings have already been named.
Chris Jericho and CM Punk

Now we've only seen I think 3 matches from these guys and the matches have always been on Raw. But every night these guys go one on one, they steal the show. Great counters, near falls, outsmarting each other.
It's awesome.
I'm hoping that when Punk cashes in MitB, Jericho gets a title shot. Cause I've been praying for Jericho/Punk, World Title, with a PPV amount of time. That match would easily be MOTN. Hell, if they really had enough time, I'd see a MOTY dark horse candidate.

Hmm... How about Rob Van Dam and Sabu? They easily have the most memorable encounters, friend or foe, in the history of ECW. Every single time you see one of their matches, you know that these guys trust each other and that allows for some straight up crazy ass shit! Also the fact that they started their careers together and faced each other basically the whole way adds a lot to their chemistry.

How could you not include Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels in that list?!?!? Their feuds ran for extensive periods of time and never getting stale. Their matches were very entertaining..and most importantly unpredictable!

Angle and Benoit btw deserve to be much higher up on that list

Jericho/HBK: These guys have similar styles and they always put on a good match. Great back and forth, great storytelling. Personal favorites are, of course, the classic WM 19 match and the ladder match at No Mercy. Whether on the mic or in the ring, not many match ups are as good as this.

Punk/Jericho: Next to Morrison, no one works better with Punk than Jericho. Every time these guys go, they always have a good match and it's with Jericho that you get to see how good Punk really is. I hope to see a real fued between these two in the future.

Edge/Cena: I always love when these guys fued. Edge is my favorite person for Cena to fued with. These have had lots a great matches (RR 06, TLC, Last Man Standing). Great clash of gimmicks too; The goody-goody, clean cut guy versus the manipulative Rated R Superstar. Screw Orton, screw Batista, Edge is Cena's only true rival.

I've actually got 2 Hogan-feuds that I felt meshed well together

1.) Hogan/Andre - The unstoppable force meets the unmovable object. Everytime these two stepped in the ring it seems like it was gonna be a classic.

2.)Hogan/Million Dollar Man - I have long felt that this is the top feud in WWE history. Someone determined to take down Hogan but always bringing in bigger and bigger dudes. The fact that this match never headlined a Wrestlemania is a crying shame.

All great answers so I'll try to name a few that snuck by:

Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero: Arguably two of the best cruiseweights ever. Great friends and men that always sought to steal the show. For those who are looking to contradict my point based on their last feud over Domenik, please go back and watch Halloween Havoc 97's mask vs title match--easily one of WCW's best matches of the late nineties.

Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart: Wow. When you find a bad match here, let me know. While the Iron Man Match at WM12 is probably their best match, the Survivor Series 97 is my favorite-not based on the screwjob but because they brawled for ten minutes; wrestled another 15 before the climatic ending.

wow no one has said FLAIR / STING.
Did these two ever had a bad match with each other? Even their match on the last nitro was better than half the shit we see today.

For the old ECW fans how aboot RAVEN / DREAMER the were great together.

I'd agree with the ten originally posted so rather than just recycle what's been said I thought I'd offer some alternatives. These are in no particular order by the way.

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels
According to thier short interview these guys have wrestled nearly 30 times all over the world and TNA's greatest matches have almost always involved them. The Unbreakable three-way, their Ironman matches, the King of the Mountain Qualifier, their run as a tag team; no matter where you look these guys have put on an exciting and original match. There have been plenty of high-spots, but they were used intelligently and helped tell the story. They weren't all about the high-flying, these guys could mat and chain wrestle with the best of them.

Samoa Joe and CM Punk
Their trilogy. 'Nuff said.

Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H
Arguably the most hate-filled feud from 2000 to 2005, I don't know what others thought about their on-again off-again battle, but I personally thought at the time it was the best face and the best heel in wrestling meeting and not just for the sake of it, they found new motivation to throw them together each time and it layered over each tme. I'm not sure if they planned Triple H to be behind him being run over when they did it, but it certainly gave legitimacy to their hatred and I thought they always had great matches.

Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels
Based on Bret's boos, Shawn's DVD and interviews both have done allegedly their backstage hatred was all a part of the act (before Montreal of course), and if that's true they did a damn good job of it because the way most people saw it these two hated each other so damn much but put it aside to entertain the hell out of their audience every time. The Ironman match is of course the frontrunner for audience, but that was by no means their only classic.

Undertaker and Batista
Has Batista ever looked better than in his feud with Undertaker? I HATE Batista but even I was digging their matches.

Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuiness
I believe they've met 7 times and I can't find a bad match amongst those. At first Nigel was Dragon's bitch and now in recent times Nigel has shown his stuff but they both gave us something new everytime. For as long as I'll live I'll never forget the bloodbath headbut-fest that was Unified. ROH's best two technical wrestlers and most prolific champions (Joe was dominant but against worse competition and with less regular defences) in one of the longest standing rivalries, pure wrestling gold.

Tommy Dreamer and Raven
These guys wrestled for almost a year and Tommy never beat Raven but every time the fans ate it up. They dragged absolutely everyone on the roster into it and made the audience care, they desperately wanted Tommy to beat Raven. It was a creative feud and both parties played their parts expertly. Raven was the greatest character in ECW history and Dreamer was the ultimate underdog.

Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho
Surprised this hasn't come up before but they worked almost as well together as Benoit and Angle. They made WWF the thing to watch in 2000 if you liked technical wrestling from fresh faces.

Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe
Though their rivalry grew stale once they put every title on the line these guys have never had a bad match. Their first two were electric (remember the stiff headbuts leading up to them from both? Ouch!), Lockdown was great, their Impact match afterwards was good, you could just tell they were each other's wet dreams. I'd wager Kurt Angle made the decision to jump to TNA because Joe was there, and TNA saw money in putting their unbeaten monster against the best technical wrestler in the world.

The Freebirds and The Von Erichs
Do I need to explain this one?

I'm actually surprised nobody has mentioned Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. These two real life best friends could always create electricity in the ring, complimented each other extremely well, and could put on a classic match whether in a house show or PPV.

Kurt Angle and Edge
When Edge was coming up in 2002, he feuded with Kurt Angle. These two always put on amazing promos and amazing matches. It was Edge who got the crowd to chant "You Suck!" during Angle's theme song.

Angle and
Edge was great it is extremely underrated as it was a big part into the build up of Edges career as a single wrestler and a main eventer.

a feud that always worked for me was Batista and HHH. it sound lame but they actually put ob descent matches together besides WM.

Edge and Cena was a great feud and one i never get tired of because of how they draw the crowd in so well.

Hardys vs Edge and Christan vs team 3-D the classic of all tag team wrestling really changed the way we looked at tag teams.

Yeah, this was probably one of the greatest feud ever. I don't think that any other superstar could feud with Mr McMahon and have such an impact as that one did:la:

Yes that was indeed one of the best feuds ever but what i meant by who had the most chemistry was who put on the best matches. Trust me if i was talking about best feuds Austin and Mcmahon would have been in the top 3 easily

The matches between Sting and Vader in WCW when Vader was such a huge monster and the "best big man in the business" at the time were awesome.

Vader had a few matches with Mick Foley which again meshed together so well.

And finally Mankind vs Undertaker it could have been a burial ( excuse the pun ) for Mankind but ended up elevating Mankind as a man who could take a massive amount of punishment and Taker as not just a super over "Dead Man" but a big man who could wrestle as this is where the new style of Undertaker began

I kind of hesitated on this one, but what about Jericho and Mysterio? The match at Judgement Day was easily the best on the card, and the old WCW feud was nothing less than epic. Also Bret and Owen. They put together classic matches every single time they met. You grow up wrestling each other, you are bound to pick up some form of chemistry.

RVD & Jeff Hardy had some great matches over the hardcore and IC belts....both could do the spot-heavy and the little amount of actual wrestling they did matched well.

RVD & Jericho too...

HBK VS. HHH: The shatterd friendship, the tears, the blood,the matches, the well everything! This in my opinion was the best feud of all time! And HBK and HHH not only have great chemistry as opponents but also as friends and tag partners, DX DX DX! 'nuuf said.

Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart have great in ring chemistry, on one hand it's hard to believe how much they hated each other outside of it, but on the other they were so good you just have to assume they had hard feelings behind the 'joking' promos. They had some of my favourite matches of all time, and held the WWE together at some points. Excellent promos and matches from both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back