Who had/has the best chemistry in Pro Wrestling

airvar

Pre-Show Stalwart
Watching Raw this monday got me thinking.. During the "Meltdown of the year" category they had Edge and Christan Reunite to present the award. At first I was honestly upset due to creative not holding together a decent long term feud (Was really hoping for Edge Vs Christan).. But the just GREAT chemistry these two have, weather against each other, or as "best friends" was astounding, and got me to think of some of the other in-ring competitor's who had that type of chemistry.. It's not always about one or either guy being great, some people just pull out the best in each other.

Some of the names that started poping into my mind were Eddie Guerrero and Christ Benoit, Matt and Jeff Hardy, Undertaker and Kane, Austin and the Rock, Hogan and Savage..

So I have decided to make a thread asking which pair of superstars exemplified chemistry with each other.. It can be any two superstars, as true chemistry with another guy extends both in-ring and out of the ring.

My personal pick is Shawn Michaels and HHH.. I mean there have been others with argubally the same or more in-ring chemistry, but I just don't feel like anybody matched the total package these two offered together.. There feuds against each other were legendary, and they formed one of the top stables in pro-wrestling history in D-Generation X.. No matter which way you threw these two together it usually resulted in one hell of an angle

I'm going to go with The Rock and Foley. Whether against each other or part of Rock n Sock Connection. They might not have had as much in-ring chemistry as some but the two personalities complimented each other perfectly.

For purely in-ring chemistry there surely can't be that many that could match Angle/Benoit.

i would go with scott hall and kevin nash. the outsiders on wcw was stuff of legend. not to mention they were pretty decent on the ring and really good on the mic together

Had? I would probably go with Austin-McMahon. So often the stuff that happens outside the ring in prowrestling isn't good. They put together one of the best feuds of all-time based primarily off of excelling in those segments consistently. Both were so good at their own role it is easy to miss how seamlessly they tied the two together.

Has? I'll go with Beer Money-MCMG. In-ring the way these teams work with eachother is quite special.

There are two for me. Triple H and Shawn Michaels has the best chemistry in the WWE. They can entertain and certainly put on a hell of a match whether its with or against each other. Another would have to be TEAM 3-D. These guys have brotherly love like nobody else but can also hate each others guts and make it seem real like now in TNA.

I've got a few picks:

Dynamite Kid-Tiger Mask: Had a legendary feud in Japan that produced one classic match after another !

Jack Brisco-Dory Funk Jr.: Wrestled classic after classic match all over the world in the 1970's.

Freebirds-Von Erich's: Best wrestling rivalry of the 1980's were just perfect together as the ultimate heels vs the hometown babyfaces !

Ric Flair-Ricky Steamboat: Just clicked right away and for more than 10 years put on classic's !

Rock n Roll Express-Midnight Express: 4 guys(Morton, Gibson, Condry, and Eaton) who could go and throw in Cornette and you couldn't go wrong whenever they got together inside the ring !

Autin and McMahon

These two epitomised the Attitude Era. There is no way either would have been as successful without the other. Everything they did together was golden and their rivalry will go down in history as one of the all time greatest.

Rock and Mick Foley

Whether it was in the ring or on the mic, the talents of these 2 bounced off each other perfectly. Some on their Rock n Sock work is fantastic, and their I Quit match at the 1999 Royal Rumble is one of my all time favourite matches. Both are hilarious and excellent workers.

Bret Hart and Mr Perfect

I always thought these 2 were unbelievably well suited to wrestling each other. Their styles meshed perfectly and they never failed to put on a great match.

Undertaker and Kane

Their demonic characters were best suited as rivals, but they also had great in-ring chemsitry as the Brothers of Desctruction tag team.

Edge and Christian

As real life best friends, and with a lifetime of working together, these 2 never failed to entertain. They worked perfectly as a tag team, but it was also their backstage and promo stuff which stood out for me. Noone would have pulled off their geeky, fun loving characters better than Adam Copeland and Jay Reso. Hilarious

Even though I only saw them wrestle together once I thought that Kaval and MVP had amazing in ring chemistry with each other, that whole big guy little guy dynamic, coupled with their awesome posing and color matching just screamed awesome to me

I can't believe no one has said this yet: Owen and Bret Hart. Their matches in 1994 were legendary and each promo seemed legitimate and real, with both brothers bringing out the best in each other both on the mic and in the ring.

The Rock and anyone in the WWE at the time could also be added to the list, he had great chemistry with most wrestlers, most notably Mick Foley, Stone Cold, HHH and Undertaker

I'm ending this post with another one that i thought people would've said: Stephanie McMahon and Triple H, I think that entire saga from 1999-2002 was the most exciting evolving storyline at the time

Misawa & Kobashi

There matches together, you know: the numerous 1-on-1 and tag team encounters. Some of them being PWI awarded 5-Star matches. Even though PWI is pretty biased towards WWE/American wrestling sometimes, they hit the head on the nail with giving these such high ratings.

I can't believe no one has said this yet: Owen and Bret Hart. Their matches in 1994 were legendary and each promo seemed legitimate and real, with both brothers bringing out the best in each other both on the mic and in the ring.

I'm ending this post with another one that i thought people would've said: Stephanie McMahon and Triple H, I think that entire saga from 1999-2002 was the most exciting evolving storyline at the time

I definitely agree with these two. Owen and Bret were phenomenal together, I would love to have seen a feud between the brothers for the world title. I think had Bret remained in WWF and not gone to WCW, this would have eventually happened.

Also, great shout on HHH and Steph. The McMahon Helmsley regime was brilliant IMO, definitely one of my favourite storylines. Also I am going to add Kurt Angle to that as well. The love triangle storyline between HHH, Steph and Kurt was hilarious and made for brilliant TV. I am not usually a fan of relationship storylines in wrestling but this is one of the few exceptions. Angle was brilliant in this.

Flair-Dusty Rhodes had fanatsic chemistry together ! From the great promo's to the common man vs the arrogant rich heel it always seemed to work between them. The matches were hit or miss sometimes in my opinion. I thought Dusty had better matches with Tully Blanchard myself.

Can't believe nobody's mentioned this pair yet... Ric Flair and Sting. Arguably one of the five greatest rivalries in wrestling history, their chemistry was never more evident than on the night of the final Nitro when they brought a close to the TRUE WCW. It was the "WHOO" versus the "OWWW," the Figure-Four versus the Scorpion Deathlock, Horsemen allies turned World Title rivals... it had it all.

Also, a non-wrestling pick... Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon. As far as I'm concerned they're the benchmark for a two-man booth. And for all the great matches they called, my favorite moment (while still iconic) didn't even happen in the ring. When Shawn Michaels put Marty Janetty through the Barber Shop window:

Monsoon: Right through the glass window of The Barber Shop!
Heenan: Janetty tried to dive through the window to escape! Did you see that?
Monsoon: ARE YOU BLIND?!
Heenan: What an act of cowardice!

I'm going to throw one in there just for difference's sake. I agree with all of the ones I've heard so far, and I'm sure I could pull a good obscure rivalry out of my hat just for fun, but I'm going to throw out Raven and Tommy Dreamer in ECW. The way these two went at it was just madness. That was a great storyline that attested to their abilities back then because they kept it interesting for such a long stretch of time.

Another ECW one, I really liked the in-ring chemistry of RVD and Jerry Lynn. Thought they worked a match amazingly together.

Over the span of time, I would say that LOD had a good chemistry together. To be a highly revered and legendary team such as they were took a vast amount of chemistry.

Honorable mention goes to the Rockers, simply because I loved the fluidity of their matches back in the day. They worked together almost like they were sharing the same brain.

I'm sure there were others (as I end this, Magnum T.A. and Nikita Koloff come to mind) but these just seemed to pop into my head after I read the question.

Really tough to choose who had the best in history. HHH-HBK is a great choice, so is Hall and Nash and pretty much every named mentioned on here. But I gotta agree with those who have mentioned Austin and McMahon. Obviously not the best in ring chemistry, but when you change the wrestling business by yelling at each other combined that with a beatdown here, an arrest there and the usual stunner it made up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back