Superstars with worst in-ring chemistry

SD619

Getting Noticed By Management
Throughout the years, we have had many talented guys who had amazing chemistry in between them (Eddie-Rey, HBK-Undertaker, Cena-Punk etc.). Whenever these guys were in the ring together, we have seen great matches.

My question is which pair of talented superstars(not guys like Khali-Big Show) had the worst in-ring chemistry?

My pick is Undertaker-Mysterio. They had a few matches on SmackDown, but all of them were below average. Mysterio never seemed like a threat to Undertaker. Every one of their matches was Undertaker offense followed by a few moves by Rey and then Undertaker’s finisher.

My question is which pair of talented superstars had the worst in-ring chemistry?

I'd say, Taker-Rock. As great as both these superstars are, their in ring chemistry sucked big time. Watching thier PPV matches(KOTR 1999, NWO 2002) had me wonder if these two really hate working with each other. It simply didn't work. Matter of fact, I was really surprised how they were able to produced (Arguably)the greatest triple threat match of all times in vengeance 2002, maybe kurt was the missing piece, after all, he was the MVP of that match, IMO.

To me, almost any Goldberg match had bad chemistry in it. In WCW, it was just him squashing jobbers and facing a few legit stars here and there. Barely anything..

In the WWE, his feuds with Triple H and Brock Lesnar were terrible. He came in with all that hype that he had from WCW and it disappeared when he faced these guys. I've never really seen any chemistry with Goldberg in any match.

I know you said 'talented', so I will let you decide if these guys qualify.....
Hulk Hogan vs Sting and Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior
Go back and watch any of the matches between those guys, there is NO chemistry there at all.

I'm gonna have to go with Triple H and Randy Orton on this one. The build-up and the feuds were great but the matches never seemed right. I never enjoyed any of their matches.

My pick is Undertaker-Mysterio. They had a few matches on SmackDown, but all of them were below average. Mysterio never seemed like a threat to Undertaker. Every one of their matches was Undertaker offense followed by a few moves by Rey and then Undertaker’s finisher.

To be fair, this has very little to do with "chemistry". Anything you want to look at regarding a Mysterio/Undertaker match is the difficulty one runs into in a little man/big man matchup. Ive seen several matches, including their championship match at the Rumble 2010 and their Fatal Four qualifier 2010 that were quite good. In a situation with a Rey and Taker match, logic goes out the window if you don't have the 7 foot Undertaker on the offense for the most part against the 5'7 Mysterio. That's not the result of bad chemistry together, in fact, Ive found it to be quite good. But that's just me.

For me, the worst in-ring chemistry Ive seen has been between Undertaker and Kane. Taker may be the best big man in the business of all-time, and Kane is a very good hand as well. But you put the two of them in the ring together, and what you get is absolute crap. The promo work and the like has been excellent, which is what made what we got in 2010 all the more disapointing. Neither man delivered anything memorable in a good way in any of their three title matches, none which had much business main eventing a PPV. It brought back memories of their past WM matches, and not good ones. It's a shame that two big men who have worked well with other big men hs never been able to put together more then sloppy, boring, in-ring work.

Vladimir Kozlov and Triple H. They had quite a boring match on Smackdown a few years ago and I thought their match at survivor series was beyond terrible and the only shining moment in that match was when Edge returned and won the title. These two are alike, they are both big but not giants like Diesel, Undertaker, Kane, Big show etc, are pretty slow in the ring because of their power and use a lot of strike attacks. Their matches have always been slow and unexciting, and the crowd never seemed to be interested in any of their matches. Bobby Heenan once said that bigger guys aren't that great of wretlers, and for the most part he's right (Batista, Goldberg, Mason Ryan, Mark Henry). Don't get me wrong, HHH and Kozlov are very talented for big guys, but sometimes its hard putting two big guys within the 6'4-6'7 range together to make a good match.

I remember the couple of main events triple H had against Scott Steiner. they were absolutely awful.

Steiner couldnt lift Triple H up to do any of his moves and by the end of the matches triple H looked seriously pissed off. WWE barely used Steiner again and he certainly was nowhere near any main events.

Goldberg and Triple H was pretty bad as well. Goldberg had no idea about ring psychology and it showed in these terrible matches

Batista vs King Booker: They had a program on Smackdown for the World Heavyweight Championship. Had two matches one at Summerslam and the other at Survivor Series and were both stinkers. Batista completely no sold the entire match.

I agree with the HHH and Orton matches. I think it had to do with me expecting so much more out of them though. You know who else really disappointed me, was the Edge/Jericho match up.

Undertaker & Kane vs Kronik

Sorry but Kronik was pretty sweet in WCW, and it's not like they were green. Brian Adams was Crush from Demolition and Disciples of Apocalypse, and Brian Clark was Wrath & Adam Bomb.

Their chemistry was terrible together. IMO it seemed more like Undertaker & Kane were unimpressed with Kronik's in-ring repertoire and decided to no sell, and that resulted in Kronik getting sent back to developmental organizations.

It should have been a dream match.

The other I think of is Brock Lesnar & Goldberg.

Batista vs King Booker: They had a program on Smackdown for the World Heavyweight Championship. Had two matches one at Summerslam and the other at Survivor Series and were both stinkers. Batista completely no sold the entire match.

Probably cuz Batista legitimately had beef with Booker (remember back in about 05 or 06 when Booker whooped his ass for talking sh#t?).

But my vote goes to Zeke vs. Barrett. They're both good superstars, but their styles just don't mesh well.

Undertaker & Kane vs Kronik

Sorry but Kronik was pretty sweet in WCW, and it's not like they were green. Brian Adams was Crush from Demolition and Disciples of Apocalypse, and Brian Clark was Wrath & Adam Bomb.

Their chemistry was terrible together. IMO it seemed more like Undertaker & Kane were unimpressed with Kronik's in-ring repertoire and decided to no sell, and that resulted in Kronik getting sent back to developmental organizations.

It should have been a dream match.

The other I think of is Brock Lesnar & Goldberg.

I gotta agree with you on this match. Just watched it and it was terrible. Undertaker was getting so pissed off at these guys. I was a major Kronik fan in WCW but this was just sad to watch. I cringed when they couldn't even take a punch without selling it. Even Kane was telling them how to work at times. I agree it was really bad.

The true mark of a great wrestler is he can sell you in interviews to watch him face almost anyone, then deliver a good-great match vs even the least talented guys.

That said Batista vs Booker T should have been much better. Batista had a great look, was athletic for his size, and in a 20 minute match had enough skill set to hold up very well without a lot of gimmicks. Booker may never have been a true main event star but he was very recognizable and fairly good in the ring too, better than Batista. Why this match wasn't better is beyond me.

Big show and john cena!

every match i have watched with these 2 facing each other has been god awful. especailly that atrocous judgment day 2009 match. thier wrestlemania 20 match was decent at best. but that cant make up for the crap that happens everytime these two square off 1 on 1.

The John Cena and Randy Orton matches never lived up to the expectations imo. Randall and Johnboy just didn't have that chemistry together.

I remember the Steiner-HHH matches and I thought they were awfull. But I knew Steiner still had it but it was his back injury that was the reason for it.

And what I read about HHH's series of matches against Goldberg is that he didn't like Goldberg and so that's why he let him wrestle long matches. Goldberg didn't have the stamina for that so in that way HHH could reveal his weakness.

Al Snow and Big Bossman.

worst pairing in wwf/e history. They had no chemistry together and the one ppv match they had toghether was the worst match of all time imo.

If you aint seen it youtube kennel from hell match. It will soon make you switch it off.

I liked Al Snow and Big Boss Man matches personally. I liked the stupid brainless hardcore matches the WWF put on around that time...just a bit of Attitude Era fun. They had more than one PPV match. The Summerslam 1999 Hardcore match was fun with Road Dogg taking over the mic work and the match spilling outside the arena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back