A+ in Chemistry

the troop

Occasional Pre-Show
A few days ago, I was watching the 2003 royal rumble with Chris benoit vs Kurt Angle for the wwe title. It was a phenomenal match with good back and forth wrestling. Then I got to thinking, I have never seen a bad Benoit-angle match. They just had such great chemistry together. They could mat wrestle, chain wrestle, even brawl a little bit. Then I got to thinking about other wrestlers with good chemistry.

Aside from Benoit-Angle, Jerry lynn and Rob van dam had some great chemistry. They also complimented each others styles very well. With matches going for 30 minutes, they definatley pushed each other's limits.

Another duo would be christopher Daniels and Aj Styles. When they were rulers of the x-division they had some great matches with some great high spots. From the iron man match to the ulimate x, all of them just left me in shock and awe. Okay maybe I am exaggerating.

I could think of more but I'll just get to the question, who do you think had great chemistry in the ring together and always put on great matches?

Well one of the most obvious answers would have to be Flair and Steamboat. Their trilogy in 1989 is still one of the most revered series of matches in history. Before that they lit up the Carolinas with their feud in the late 70's and early 80's over the Mid-Atlantic versions of the U.S. and TV Titles. Unfortunately, as Flair has noted on a number of occasions, a good number of those matches were not televised and therefore never witnessed beyond the hometown crowd. They were perfect foils for each other- Flair with his flamboyancy and his quintessentially brash and arrogant character and Steamboat with his soft-spoken all around good guy image. Even Steamboats jet black hair and Flair's ultra-bleached locks added to the contrast. Plus, then when they got in the ring it was magic- the matches were fast-paced, hard-hitting, excitement-filled encounters that it would be impossible for any true wrestling fan not to get absorbed in.

I also thought Austin and Rock always put on good matches together. Plus, they were both such masters on the stick they could play off of each other tremendously well in promos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back