Vince McMahon: One Last Run

Cleavo77

Occasional Pre-Show
Fairly simple thread here. Obviously Vince McMahon is still the head of the company, but it is inevitable that someday he will step down and Trips will succeed him. But we KNOW he is going to have at least one more lap around the track. The questions here are simple:

When will he come back: Will it be this summer? This year? Next year? Will it be on RAW or a Pay-Per-View?

How will he come back: Will he be asked to? Will it be a surprise?

Will he be face or heel in his final run?

When he finally steps down; will it be his choice, or will some sort of stipulation for him to step down?

And the Final Question:

How would you book Vince's last Run on WWE TV?

This is a creative/scenario thread. No wrong answers. Just have fun with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how I see it.

As I said, the last time we saw Vince he left the ring in tears after loosing control of his company. That's it. It's Triple H's game now (no pun intended).

Johnny Ace had been making frequent appearances alongside VKM in recent weeks leading up to the Chairmen's departure. Ace's long standing claim that he was loyal to Vince was tested, and we all know how that turned out.

Today, while HHH is still COO, John L. has all the power he ever wanted. Complete control of Smackdown and RAW, as well as VP of Talent Relations. Yet, he is still texting on that phone of his more than a 12 year old girl.

WHO IS HE TEXTING?!?!?!

My theory? Vince... After Vince got kicked out of his own company, there was no chance in hell he was going to go quietly. He had an "Ace" in the whole (Pun intended).

I'm thinking that in the grand scheme of things, Johnny is just a puppet for Vince. This "people power" will get too out of control, and need someone to step in. Things need to get worse than they were when Vince was around, so the only logical choice would be to bring him back. So they do.

First order of business? Vince turns on Ace and says YOU'RE FIRED! Vince can deny all allegations, and begin his final run with the company.

I haven't made up my own mind regarding the specifics of face or heel, when or where his return will take place, or how he will retire, but that's sort of why I made this thread. Just curious of what you guys are thinking.

No. Now John Laurinaitis is becoming like how Eric Bischoff was when he was the GM of RAW. He is becoming a strong, great heel authority figure in the WWE. Vince firing him will ruin all the momentum and WWE was very pathetic before Laurinaitis arrived as the GM.

Vince can just show up unexpectedly by revealing that all along he has been the maestro pulling all of Johnny's strings and that it has been Vince running things all along and that Johnny Ace is just a puppet for the puppeteer, that being Vince and then Vince comes back as a heel at SummerSlam and Vince fires Triple H as COO re-gaining control of WWE

Several years back, Vince himself said that he was no longer interested in being an on-screen character and preferred to devote his energies entirely to the business side of WWE.

Personally, I think its a wise decision because the Mr. McMahon character has run its course. It was an innovative and entertaining character at one time but, now, a lot of it seems dated, especially with some of the over the top antics Vince does. Several years back, when Vince & Shane were feuding with Shawn Michaels, the Mr. McMahon character just didn't have it. Vince's feud with Bret Hart a few years back wasn't well accepted, even though both guys did their best.

Right now especially, a lot of fans simply aren't interested in an authority figure being the center of attention. Look at the reception Hulk Hogan's return to TNA as the GM of IW has gotten. People aren't exactly flocking to see him back in the spotlight. It's much the same thing here. Big Johnny comes out and does his thing, garners heat for the night and the rest of the show is on everyone else. Besides, Vince coming back anytime soon would render the whole GM thing with Big Johnny & Teddy Long pointless as well as JL's attempt to garner power that's been going on since last summer. Also, remember when Vince was "relieved of his duties" by the "WWE Board of Directors" last year? That in and of itself is a sign that times are definitely changed for the Mr. McMahon character. After all, Vince looked all too human when his son in law stripped him of his position as COO and looking like a beaten old man is not what Mr. McMahon is all about.

On top of all that, Vince McMahon is gettin' old. I think Vince is 65 years of age and, according to reports, he just isn't what he used to be. Hell, who is at 65? Allegedly, he doesn't have the energy that he used to, he gets sick much easier and much more frequently than he used to and he's at a point in his life where he's slowing down. After all, Triple H is basically being groomed to take over for Vince when he steps down, which is assumed to be within the next few years.

We might see Vince pop up on very rare occassions, maybe if WWE has some sort of mega announcement planned.

I agree with the theory that Johnny Laurinaitis is being puppeteered by Vince in his absence away from the company. The rest of it, I haven't really thought out. I reckon Vince will returnto TV in time for a programme leading up to a well deserved Hall of Fame induction and his eventual farewell at WrestleMania 30. Will probably incorporate something to do with the Undertaker's streak or a match up against Triple H for total control.

I suppose if vkm wanted one more go - it would have to be against .................John Cena yes john L is his puppet and he could say he bought back The Rock and now Brock Lesnar and somebody else after that perhaps Goldberg! I could see a classic survivor series where Cena teams with Austin,The Rock,HBK and Triple H vs VKM Brock Lesnar,Goldberg,Batista & Randy Orton - future vs the past plus it could lead to a couple of final wrestlemania matches

No, just No. We've had enough of Vince and his wretched family stinking up the joint. The Mr. McMahon character was stale 10 years ago and seriously what would we gain watching John Cena or CM Punk fighting a broken down 65 year old? His Wrestlemania match against Bret was just plain sad unless you enjoy watching trainwrecks.

Plus like Jack-Hammer said people just aren't interested in watching an authority figure being the center of attention anymore. It ran it's course. There's nothing else left to say or do with it. Eventually even wrestling needs to move on.

I can see Vince being the master mind behind Laurinithis. It would make sense. I can see Vince wanting one more run. Eventually, coming back and taking over for Laurinitis probably at the beginning of 2013 to set up a program for Mania 29. I could see him being involved in a feud against Triple H. or the Undertaker. Maybe he will say he is the only man who can end the streak and challenge undertaker to a Streak vs. CEO match, with McMahon Rules. This would simply mean Vince can do what ever he wants in the match but undertaker has to go strictly by the rules. Vince could have guys come down and do most of the fighting for him to only lose in the end. Maybe a casket match? I think if he comes back it will be to feud with one of these two legends. I think he will be heel to the end of his Mr. McMahon character. Either a send off for his character at Mania 29 or Mania 30, involving Undertaker or Triple H. I would predict.

A lot of you guys are jumping to some crazy conclusions... Bret Hart and McMahon feud wasn't accepted well by the fans?... well when your target market is now kids who were born well after Bret Hart was wrestling or relevant, and what made the tension exist between the two of course it will come out bad.

Not to mention Bret is the worst, was the worst, and will always be one of the worst ever on the mic. Talk about boring and corny...

Hulk Hogan isn't the same as Vince, Hulk Hogan over saturated his exposure to people as a whole since WCW. Nobody likes that guy or family, wrestling fan or not.

I think CM Punk and Vince could be a decent feud, but Punk is such a pussy that in my mind it just work out well. Same thing with Cena... McMahon's best moments were always against guys who could go that extra mile over the top... Stone Cold, Rock, Jericho, Michaels, Now if that kind of character exists, I don't know, I guess CM Punk is the closest to it at the moment.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Vince come back, but I definitely don't want to see him wrestle and I don't think he would if he did.

Also, people saying HHH taking over the company, I really don't know I don't care to, but Shane doesn't have anything to do with the company anymore? Find it hard to believe HHH would be put above his kids even if he is an in law now.

Authority figures still have a big space in the WWE and I can't see that changing in the foreseeable future. I mean as pathetic as it is, how many guys can you say night in and night out match Otunga and Laurinitis on heat? Maybe 3 or 4... and its funny the way some of you guys are against it. It's his company, he can do what he wants. I know people say they won't watch, but I'm more likely to stop watching if he came back than you are and I wouldn't mind seeing it.

I think Vince will only appear on screen when needed. He may show up one week to make a major announcement, like the draft lottery or some other big announcement, only to get interrupted by someone.

I don't think we will ever see him in a major program again, but I think he will appear from time to time, where it doesn't interfere with John Laurinatis doing his job.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say CM Punk at Rumble 2014.

Let CM Punk continue to defend his title all the way to Rumble 2014. Give him mic time to insult VKM, let him drum up the promo material, let him make the story line. Thats what he does best!

He can turn heal, start boasting about being unbeatable and backing it up again and again and again. The Vince can step in and say something like "you may be the champ, but I am the owner!!!" He can then defeat Vince at the Rumble and continue boasting about how good he is until...

DONG!!!!

Light out!

Undertaker comes out.

"You have been a great champ, beat everyone except me at WM. Lets av it"

Leading to a WWE champion of 3 years or so vs the streak.

OFC just my dream :)

Oh, I am not a CM Punk fan either, I just think this would be the best way to Vince to return if he ever did.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say CM Punk at Rumble 2014.

Let CM Punk continue to defend his title all the way to Rumble 2014. Give him mic time to insult VKM, let him drum up the promo material, let him make the story line. Thats what he does best!

He can turn heal, start boasting about being unbeatable and backing it up again and again and again. The Vince can step in and say something like "you may be the champ, but I am the owner!!!" He can then defeat Vince at the Rumble and continue boasting about how good he is until...

DONG!!!!

Light out!

Undertaker comes out.

"You have been a great champ, beat everyone except me at WM. Lets av it"

Leading to a WWE champion of 3 years or so vs the streak.

OFC just my dream :)

Oh, I am not a CM Punk fan either, I just think this would be the best way to Vince to return if he ever did.

Stupidest post I've seen in some time...

ANYWAYS back to some semblance of reality..

No no no no no no no no no no no.. We do not need to see Vince on TV anymore... The whole point of his "being relieved of duties" by HHH was to get him off tv... We are LONG past the point where ANY McMahon (maybe with the exception of a "step mcmahon" in HHH) needs to be the center of attention on tv... Look Vince was a great character, and he can always stop by if something "Big" needs being said, or to "fire" some other on screen performer, but he does not to be involved in any storyline aside from that...

Wrestlemania 2000 and the invasion angle failed miserably partially due to the "talent" involved in the invasion (Vince didn't buy out goldberg and others then and there like he should have, and its hard to really have an "invasion" with Bill DeMott and Buff Bagwell) but also due to the fact that it wasn't about the "wrestlers" it was about McMahon fueding with McMahon.. you had Shane leading the WCW gang eventually teaming with Stephanie and the ECW crew leading to the Alliance.. and it was more about them against Vince than it was the wrestlers (not to mention most of the feud involved WW(F)E products rather than WCW or ECW people...

Look vince had his moment he shouldn't come back again.. he doesn't need to come back again... If you think he does, especially if you want him to be the puppetmaster for John Laurinitis go look back at the multiple times Vince has been the puppetmaster behind Heel characters in the past and see how well it turned out then (Corporate Ministry?!??!?!?!) It sucks and would suck to see it again

Vince should come back for special occasions, IE Hall of Fame, announcing the location of Wrestlemania, the Draft, other special bull shit things they do.

He should come as Vince McMahon pre- "Mr. McMahon." Just come back as the guy who owns the company. Maybe put on a bit of a show, hardcore "Fire" some body, and go about his merry way.

Johnny Ace is perfect in his role right now, as is Mr. H's. Vince just kinda isn't needed on screen anymore.

Look vince had his moment he shouldn't come back again.. he doesn't need to come back again... If you think he does, especially if you want him to be the puppetmaster for John Laurinitis go look back at the multiple times Vince has been the puppetmaster behind Heel characters in the past and see how well it turned out then (Corporate Ministry?!??!?!?!) It sucks and would suck to see it again

Now this might be part of the stupidest post of all time. Are you saying that the corporate ministry was a bad idea? Or at all implying that it was a failure? Were you watching at that time at all?

That gigantic faction gave alot of guys a purpose for a long time. You all bitch lately that stables wouldn't work nowadays, and then say shit like "Oh well Dolph Ziggler needs more TV time". Dolph would be an awesome #2 in some sort of a corporate "stable" or whatever the fuck you call them now.

I'm not at all suggesting it be repeated, because almost anything that is out right repeated from ten years ago will give most of you guys a fucking heart attack. But to say that the corporate ministry didn't work, or that it sucked? That's fucking laughable.

I was thinking the ways things have changed considerably this year that Vince has stepped away from a full time schedule already and HHH & Steph have been the main influence backstage. Either that or he's listening to the right people now and has gotten rid of the yes men.

Either way some things have definately changed for the better the past 6 months.

Vince McMahon the character has run it's course and he said that on screen, it's time to prepare for the after life from being the Higher Power to being a real person again and a doting grandfather. He can return as onscreen appearances but they've already set the stage that he is not incharge anymore and it's now Triple H running the ship, why would if it were legit the "Board" re-elect Vince at his age and knowing his past actions and the falling from grace the past 6yrs of WWE.

Now this might be part of the stupidest post of all time. Are you saying that the corporate ministry was a bad idea? Or at all implying that it was a failure? Were you watching at that time at all?

That gigantic faction gave alot of guys a purpose for a long time. You all bitch lately that stables wouldn't work nowadays, and then say shit like "Oh well Dolph Ziggler needs more TV time". Dolph would be an awesome #2 in some sort of a corporate "stable" or whatever the fuck you call them now.

I'm not at all suggesting it be repeated, because almost anything that is out right repeated from ten years ago will give most of you guys a fucking heart attack. But to say that the corporate ministry didn't work, or that it sucked? That's fucking laughable.

yes im saying that the corporate ministry was a bad idea... yes im saying that it was a failure... yes i was watching at the time (and before that, and after that)..... The fact was that I hated it at the time (and now) not because it was a stable, but because it was the STUPIDEST STORYLINE NON SENSICAL THING EVER! Look I'm happy it allowed mideon and viscera tv time (even though they were getting it as part of the ministry of darkness...) I'm happy I got to see big bossman and most of DX on tv (oh wait I saw them on tv all the time anyways)... Hey I got to see the Brood on TV more, (oh wait I didn't really see them in the corporate ministry so they lost tv time.. shit. my bad)

no what i hated was that they had built up a program where the undertaker and his ministry were going after the corporation (remember they hung big bossman by a noose) most notably though they went after vince's daughter... The big payoff to all of this was that undertaker's "Higher power" that was giving the orders all along was Vince himself??!?!?!?!?! Really?!?!?! That made you happy??? that made ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER?!?!?!?!?

I dont mind the idea of a stable (even now a days) but really I HATE NONSENSICAL BOOKING THAT INVALIDATES WHAT HAS LED UP TO IT... It was shoddy booking that fucked the "corporate ministry" and there is no way to say it was a "good idea" or that the "IWC" hates it cause they hate all stables.. fuck no..

Edit: Also just saw again that you said gave guys a purpose for a long time...... So yeah soon after all this all the background guys bounced around (cause they weren't the main focus) so that brought along Naked Mideon, and Viscera/Big Daddy V.. I'll give credit though it did give us the APA and also Edge and Christian, but don't say that this angle did that, unless you're counting unintended consequences.

I wont be the least bit surprised if he pops up over the summer to be honest, even if it is just for a couple of weeks to help in the building of a storyline, akin to his role with Punk last summer. Vince came back to try and restore some order to his company but in the end only added to the chaos, leading to HHH and Ace's involvement. He doesn't need to be around for long to affect a storyline, which is one of the great strengths of his character.

There was a report from last year that pointed out how over the last few years Vince has returned over the summer months only to end up on the receiving end of some punishment; Punk last year, Nexus taking over the year before and the "selling" of WWE to Trump in 2009.
http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1311397875
http://wrestleheat.com/vince-mcmahon-5-consecutive-summers-major-wwe-angles=9780

Whether he makes it 6 summers in a row is another matter, but as I said if he wanted to appear again if only for a short amount of time, I have little doubt it would make a significant impact on certain storylines leading into the second half of the year.

This is how i would like to see it happen, Vince McMahon returns around the time of Hell In a Cell and starts feuding with Johnny for the Ownership of Wwe which leads to a 5-On-5 Team Vince vs Team Johnny Match at Survivor Series for the ownership, which team Johnny wins. Then at Tables, Ladders and Chairs Mr McMahon challenges Johnny to a Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match with the contract for Wwe Hanging above the ring Vince wins the match and regains ownership of his company.

then.

The night after the Royal Rumble The lights go out in the arena and a loud Gong is heard and out walks the returning Undertaker, he starts walking down to the ring when Mr McMahon attacks him from behind with the help of Triple H and Shawn Micheals, Vince then tells The Undertaker that he will face him at WrestleMania and he will end the streak.

Then at WrestleMania Undertaker is about to tombstone Vince when Triple H runs down to the ring and distracts the referee then Shawn Micheals jumps into the ring and hits The Undertaker with Sweet Chin Music, Vince falls onto Undertaker and wins the match and ends the streak.

This is how i would like to see it happen, Vince McMahon returns around the time of Hell In a Cell and starts feuding with Johnny for the Ownership of Wwe which leads to a 5-On-5 Team Vince vs Team Johnny Match at Survivor Series for the ownership, which team Johnny wins. Then at Tables, Ladders and Chairs Mr McMahon challenges Johnny to a Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match with the contract for Wwe Hanging above the ring Vince wins the match and regains ownership of his company.

then.

The night after the Royal Rumble The lights go out in the arena and a loud Gong is heard and out walks the returning Undertaker, he starts walking down to the ring when Mr McMahon attacks him from behind with the help of Triple H and Shawn Micheals, Vince then tells The Undertaker that he will face him at WrestleMania and he will end the streak.

Then at WrestleMania Undertaker is about to tombstone Vince when Triple H runs down to the ring and distracts the referee then Shawn Micheals jumps into the ring and hits The Undertaker with Sweet Chin Music, Vince falls onto Undertaker and wins the match and ends the streak.

one issue with that Johnny Ace doesn't own WWE so why is Vince fighting for ownership of something John doesn't own. Laurinitis is just the GM of Raw and Smackdown. he still answers to Triple H and the board of which Vince still holds the main seat.

did we forget that Vince was only fired basically from his onscreen duties ie the COO role not Chairman of the board and he came back in october to relieve Triple H of his duties as GM of Raw but was still allowed to be acting COO. ie Trips still answers to the board and subsequently Vince and Laurinitis answers to Trips.

then.

As rediculous as this sounds when you first read it....I would love to see this happen the more I read it. Vince created the streak, so he should end it. Get the two guys notorious with being favored by Vince throughout their careers and screw over the guy who was always seemed to be unappreciated for his loyalty (unless it was WM season).

Imagine the reaction this would get. Even if they give huge false finishes for Vince and let Taker win anyway it would be HUGE. I would whole heartedly believe that Vince could end the streak. I mean think about it?

Will this happen? Likelihood is probably not much higher than 0 but other than Cena, who else could realistically be a threat to Undertaker's streak for the purposes of storyline other than Vince?

I can see Vince being the master mind behind Laurinithis. It would make sense. I can see Vince wanting one more run. Eventually, coming back and taking over for Laurinitis probably at the beginning of 2013 to set up a program for Mania 29. I could see him being involved in a feud against Triple H. or the Undertaker. Maybe he will say he is the only man who can end the streak and challenge undertaker to a Streak vs. CEO match, with McMahon Rules. This would simply mean Vince can do what ever he wants in the match but undertaker has to go strictly by the rules. Vince could have guys come down and do most of the fighting for him to only lose in the end. Maybe a casket match? I think if he comes back it will be to feud with one of these two legends. I think he will be heel to the end of his Mr. McMahon character. Either a send off for his character at Mania 29 or Mania 30, involving Undertaker or Triple H. I would predict.

:lol:

Wow. This is a horrible idea. I don't care how old Taker is, in no way would a match between him or Vince ever work. Nobody would buy it. This is a man that has beaten HHH two years in a row. He'd be able to destroy Vince.

then.

The only reason the Undertaker's streak should EVER be broken is to give a rub to another superstar. Either for a heel that the WWE wants to make into the most hated heel of all time, or to a Cena, Punk, Rock, Lesnar Orton type of character to further solidify their legendary status. Not saying Orton is legendary, just using him as an example.

Vince ending Taker's streak is pretty much the worst idea ever.

i see VKM returning and helping Drew Mcintire become WWE chump sorry champ as he is VKM futrue champ as he said himself and was the only time i ever seen him say someone WILL BE world chump sorry champ in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back