Vince Mcmahon - a Bad Employer.

hellod245

Pre-Show Stalwart
I am going to start a new series of threads about Vince Mcmahon. In those threads we will talk about Vince Mcmahon as a employer, as a human being, as a father etc etc.

Vince Mcmahon is THE biggest name in wrestling business. He is the owner of the biggest wrestling company in the world. He is a billionare. I want to see what IWC thinks about this person from different point of views.

First of all we are going to talk about Vince Mcmahon an employer. He has hundereds and thousands of employees working for his company. We all know he is a moody person one day he thinks something and second day he thinks totally different. Sometimes he puts his employees in pretty bad situation due to his changing moods. Nobody including from wrestlers, creative team, commentators to lightmen are safe from his wrath. He can make or brake anyone's career in a friction due to his changing behaviours. Lets see some examples :
Vince Mcmahon fired Bryan Danielson for choking announcer. We all know that every move in the ring in wwe is already scripted so may be everybody knew in advance what was going to happen but still who got punished in the end? The man Vince Mcmahon was pushing to the moon before his release. He changed his mood and fired one of the most talented worker in the whole wrestling world today.

Vince Mcmahon allegadly encouraged his employees to take steroids and other drungs to build up muscle mass in 90s. What kind of employer a person would be who encouraged his employees to take drugs so that they can look bigger ?

Vince Mcmahon fired a guy who suggested him to turn Cena in heel in 2009. I am not sure about this news but one of my friend told me about this. Pardon me if this is wrong news but if it is true ? How can he fire a guy who just gave a suggestion to turn someone in villian because that writer thinks he will generate more revenue or rating for the company. That guy is still thinking about the benefit of the company.

And this one makes me sick. Vince Mcmahon fired Mohammad Hassan for doing an angle based on terrorist which was done just before London bomb attack. How the hell Vince can do that? I understand the whole media was all over wwe when this thing happened. Is'nt it Vince's duty to stand beside his employees to support them. At that time Mohammad Hassan was one of the biggest thing in wwe. He was so good as a heel. He was destined to become champion soon. Doing that angle was not only his fault. He did what he was told to do by creative team. Whole creative team should have been fired for writing that angle but only one man got punished and wwe fans suffered because they were not able to see one of the most entertaining man at that time.

All those incidents were just examples of how bad of an employee Vince Mcmahon is. He made one of the most hectic schedule in any profession that allows his employees to fight for 250-270 days in a year. Almost every employee of him is injured at least once and some of them are injured very seriously. Sometimes he force his employees to work while they are injured. He let Kurt Angle perform at wrestlemania despite knowing he had serious problems with his neck. Currently Rey Mysterio is wrestling with injured knee and his expected time is on halt after Taker got injured. This can ruine someone career or even life.

I did not make the series to criticise Vince Mcmahon or anything. We are going to take a deep look on different faces of Vince Mcmahon, I may be crticial to him in one thread but wil praise him for his good work in others so I want everyone to be supportive and not to treate this series as a random Vince Mcmahon bashing thread. Your views on Vince Mcmahon as an employer .................

Ok, First of all, good thread homie. Im sure something like this has been done but, all in all i dig it. As a employer the wrestlers themselves act like Vince is a great man and a good boss in front of the camera and on the radio shoots in which, i expect them to do so. Behind the scenes i think its 50-50, Unlike TNA the employees know where angles are going and what the company is doing ahead of time so, there is no confusion about what everybody is doing. On the other hand, theres no family feel to the WWE locker rooms and that is a straight stem from how Vince Mcmahon runs his business. Nobody is safe. Nobody is royalty. and EVERYBODY except for Maybe Cena and HHH can get fired at anytime. Until people started saying things, he was encouraging as you said, for guys to take drugs so they can look like freaks except for wrestlers! I also I agree with the Vince over working his guys I mean, in the 80s and 90s guys had minor injuries from time to time and wrestled through it, Rarely SERIOUS ones, This day in age in WWE you hear top tier guys getting those on a regular basis. Vince better act quick and push thes young ones because in two years Edge,Mysterio,Undertaker,HHH, and Jericho could be GONE. One thing i wanna point out is the man IS a good businessman but, sometimes the fans don't agree with whats on TV. My last thing i wanna say is i wish he would allow his employees to do their jobs and not dabble in EVERYTHING, let them work their ideas and see want happens Vince! your not their FATHER! the man has made billions and hes gotta know something, just that he could do better as a employer.

I wouldn't call him a bad employer by any means. A lot of the things you brought up can be desputed.

1. Danielson broke the rules, he has admited to that. He was mainly fired because it went agains the PG rating and could have hurt Linda's campaign. I think the fireing is sketchy, I do think there are plans for him to return while this dies down. Vince is smart and knows he can make money of Danielson, most wrestlers have said by now that they think he will be back(and can you imagine the pop when he returns, it will be nuts)

2 Vince was found innocent. Not to mention look at any shoot interview(besides with all the crazy people) when steroids were illegal, vince never once told anyone they had to take them. Even Billy Gunn and Brian Armstrong, who hate Vince, admitted they were never told to take steroids and that they did them on there own accord. Nash, Hall, Holly, Godfather, Droz, all these guys all have said they were never forced or even given the assumption they needed to take steroids.

3. Never heard that one. I am sure there is more to the story, remember the IWC really doesnt know shit when it comes to stuff like that.

4. Well the Hassan angle was taped before the bombing then was show after the bombing, Vince got a lot of heat for that angle and never actually fired Hassan but planned on reworking his gimmick, Hassan whose real name is Mark Copani wanted to pursue acting anyways and has admitted wrestlinf was really just a stepping stone to acting, his release was mutual, but unfortunate.

5. Wrestlers are fully aware of the schedule. If you worked the Indys in the early 90's and the territories in the 80's you had already worked your tail off in the first place. Angle is very hardnosed, do you really think he would have not worked the main event at Mania? Doubt it, that man is a trooper. Rey and Taker are veterans, rumor has is Rey even got his short title run just to keep him happy. I wouldnt be surprised to see Rey get some time off soon since we are building from the kane/Swagger feud to the Taker/Swagger feud. Rey has also had bad knees since the 90's he really needs to hang them up soon.

One thing i forgot to include was Vince not allowing his wrestlers to enter or to get affiliated with other businesses. I can understand that he is trying to protect his employes to go elsewhere by not allowing them to do TV shown and Movies but on the other hand it is illigal to force your employee to stick with the company. Vince has lost The Rock, Mickie James and possibly Jericho(in future) due to his nature to not allowing his employees to spread their talent. If it may take his employees out of the company on the other hand it may bring some publicity and recignition to the company as building future TV or movie stars not as fake tough guys.

I agree on what you are saying. Especially I hate when an injured wrestler has to wrestle for the sake of a storyline/ppv income etc. Micheals had to perform a wrestlemania against Austin with simply not being able to move without pain, he even had to leave the ring in one of the shows before wrestlemania due to his back pain. I remember Kurt Angle incident, which is the major reason why he left WWE, and he still criticizes McMahon for making him wrestle. I also remember Great Khali was on the main event against HHH for no reason, then i learned Great Khali was going to have an operation from his injured knees, so WWE decided to put him on the main event just before the operation. Make the most of it!
On the other hand of course, he is running a business and the first thing he cares about is his profit, just like any other big company. Also lots of wrestlers talk highly of Vince so maybe there are things that we don't know happening at back stage. Remember Micheals farewell speech talking about Vince? Even Bret Hart said Vince was a father figure for him till the Montreal Screwjob.
So from what we can see, he is not a good employer at all, however we may not know what really is happening backstage.

I wouldn't call him a bad employer by any means. A lot of the things you brought up can be desputed.

1. Danielson broke the rules, he has admited to that. He was mainly fired because it went agains the PG rating and could have hurt Linda's campaign. I think the fireing is sketchy, I do think there are plans for him to return while this dies down. Vince is smart and knows he can make money of Danielson, most wrestlers have said by now that they think he will be back(and can you imagine the pop when he returns, it will be nuts)

2 Vince was found innocent. Not to mention look at any shoot interview(besides with all the crazy people) when steroids were illegal, vince never once told anyone they had to take them. Even Billy Gunn and Brian Armstrong, who hate Vince, admitted they were never told to take steroids and that they did them on there own accord. Nash, Hall, Holly, Godfather, Droz, all these guys all have said they were never forced or even given the assumption they needed to take steroids.

3. Never heard that one. I am sure there is more to the story, remember the IWC really doesnt know shit when it comes to stuff like that.

4. Well the Hassan angle was taped before the bombing then was show after the bombing, Vince got a lot of heat for that angle and never actually fired Hassan but planned on reworking his gimmick, Hassan whose real name is Mark Copani wanted to pursue acting anyways and has admitted wrestlinf was really just a stepping stone to acting, his release was mutual, but unfortunate.

5. Wrestlers are fully aware of the schedule. If you worked the Indys in the early 90's and the territories in the 80's you had already worked your tail off in the first place. Angle is very hardnosed, do you really think he would have not worked the main event at Mania? Doubt it, that man is a trooper. Rey and Taker are veterans, rumor has is Rey even got his short title run just to keep him happy. I wouldnt be surprised to see Rey get some time off soon since we are building from the kane/Swagger feud to the Taker/Swagger feud. Rey has also had bad knees since the 90's he really needs to hang them up soon.

I dont agree with you some points.

Danielson's action really violated the PG ratings but it also had something to do with Benoit tragedy. How can you fire someone for the mistake of a guy who died in 2007? Daniel Bryan could have been suspended for 30 days(and count it as first strike)instead of getting released.

Vince surely was found innocent in steroid scam but dont you think that why Vince made strict drug policy after Eddie's death. Before his death wwe was that strict on drug use in wrstling. May be Vince never engouraged his employees to take drugs and may i am wrong here but he sure as hell never asked his employees to stop it strictly untill after eddie's death.

Hectic schedule is a big issue in wwe. Wrestlers are getting injured because of this and drug use and pain killer increase also had something to do with the schedule. Wrestlers knew their schedule in advance before signning the contract but they dont have any other option because wwe is the only big company out there so they have to admit on the conditions. Guys like Kurt angle are producing more quality matches in TNA just because their schedule is lighter and they get enough time to rest and plan their matches.

I dont know about if Hassan asked Vince to release him but all in al it were fans who got dumped from the whole thing.

Vince surely is a good businessman but here we are talking about him as an employer. We will definately talk about Vince - The Businessman in this series of threads.

Vince basically has killed the chances of us having many second or third genaration wrestlers like we do know due to his selfishness, and i love wwe just not stupid or blind enough to not see how vince has destroyed wrestling i mean come on i get the pg because thats how it was when we were kids, put no knife edge chops because of flair what the hell is that.

I wouldn't call him a bad employer by any means. A lot of the things
you brought up can be desputed.

1. An employer should stand up for an employee, and should have explained it was written for him to do that, and he should have went after the writer.

2. You are talking about people late during the time he was accused of pushing and providing steroids to his workers, if u ask your so called crazy people like savage, warrior, or even hogan on the right day they will tell you different, and isnt it funny they were gone around that time.

3. On that one yeah u r probably right as we do not always know the truth.

4. It does not matter when it aired, vince should have been punished along with his writers not the damn wrestler who did what he was told man that is just crazy.

5. They are aware of the schedule and like you say if they wrestled in the 90's or early before wrestling was so famous they were used to it, but the way vince basically has schools that groom these new wrestlers it absurd as they have no clue what is about to befall them. Vince should have never let Angle work hurt no matter what and Rey along with others should be made to take paid time off to heal them selves.

Well if the superstars have friends in the WWE and the friends tell them how crazy it is, they still go on and sign.

Also the company probably warns them about their injuries and the schdule before hand and they still sign.

THEY SIGN THE CONTRACT! Not Vince(well he does but that's just to make it final).They get themselves into it.

Do you know Vince McMahon personally, work for the WWE, or anyone who does work for the WWE? Most likely not. Most of the things you have said in your thread are actually straight up bullshit and are things you have read off of the internet with no actual backing to them. Please site some sources when you want to make points like these.

Now fact is, I grew up with someone who does work for the WWE currently (he would babysit me when my dad wanted to go out and his mother was my school nurse), in fact majority of the IWC HATES him, because of a character he plays, WHICH IS NOTHING LIKE HIM IN REAL LIFE.

Vince Mcmahon fired Bryan Danielson for choking announcer. We all know that every move in the ring in wwe is already scripted so may be everybody knew in advance what was going to happen but still who got punished in the end? The man Vince Mcmahon was pushing to the moon before his release. He changed his mood and fired one of the most talented worker in the whole wrestling world today.

Bryan Danielson was fired for several reasons that night. He was legitimately choking Justin Roberts that night; which was more on the end of Roberts fault, but you can tell the difference when you are and aren't actually choking someone very easily. He also spit DIRECTLY into John Cena's face that night. Another HUGE no no when you are trying to stick with a PG Rating.

Vince Mcmahon allegadly encouraged his employees to take steroids and other drungs to build up muscle mass in 90s. What kind of employer a person would be who encouraged his employees to take drugs so that they can look bigger ?

KEYWORD here....say it with me...ALLEGEDLY! A shame all those guys who worked for Vince have all come out and said that was all bullshit. Vince never encouraged or promoted the use of Steroids. That would be a good reason why he was acquitted of all charges.

Vince Mcmahon fired a guy who suggested him to turn Cena in heel in 2009. I am not sure about this news but one of my friend told me about this. Pardon me if this is wrong news but if it is true ? How can he fire a guy who just gave a suggestion to turn someone in villian because that writer thinks he will generate more revenue or rating for the company. That guy is still thinking about the benefit of the company.

LOL what?! Pretty sure your friend fed you a pile of shit and you enjoyed every last bite of it.

And this one makes me sick. Vince Mcmahon fired Mohammad Hassan for doing an angle based on terrorist which was done just before London bomb attack. How the hell Vince can do that? I understand the whole media was all over wwe when this thing happened. Is'nt it Vince's duty to stand beside his employees to support them. At that time Mohammad Hassan was one of the biggest thing in wwe. He was so good as a heel. He was destined to become champion soon. Doing that angle was not only his fault. He did what he was told to do by creative team. Whole creative team should have been fired for writing that angle but only one man got punished and wwe fans suffered because they were not able to see one of the most entertaining man at that time.

IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT THE NETWORK WAS MORE THEN WILLING TO BREAK THEIR CONTRACT AND REMOVE SMACKDOWN! FROM THEIR SCHEDULE!!! Oh wait, that was a huge part of it. Besides, both parties mutually agreed to the release.

All those incidents were just examples of how bad of an employee Vince Mcmahon is. He made one of the most hectic schedule in any profession that allows his employees to fight for 250-270 days in a year. Almost every employee of him is injured at least once and some of them are injured very seriously. Sometimes he force his employees to work while they are injured. He let Kurt Angle perform at wrestlemania despite knowing he had serious problems with his neck. Currently Rey Mysterio is wrestling with injured knee and his expected time is on halt after Taker got injured. This can ruine someone career or even life.

He CAN NOT ever force someone to work when injured. You do realize these guys do have to be checked out and have medical exams all the time, right? If the doctor says there is no way they can preform, then they can not be forced to. They can sign a waiver though to preform if they so choose to, but then Vince's hands are clean of further injury, because they elected to go against doctor's orders. These guys elect to and sometime are given incentives to work through an injury, but they are never forced.

One thing i forgot to include was Vince not allowing his wrestlers to enter or to get affiliated with other businesses. I can understand that he is trying to protect his employes to go elsewhere by not allowing them to do TV shown and Movies but on the other hand it is illigal to force your employee to stick with the company. Vince has lost The Rock, Mickie James
and possibly Jericho(in future) due to his nature to not allowing his employees to spread their talent. If it may take his employees out of the company on the other hand it may bring some publicity and recignition to the company as building future TV or movie stars not as fake tough guys.

Guess what, they all knew this when signing their WWE Contracts. Where you get that this is illegal baffles me, because it's far from it. You have signed a contract stating you are working for the WWE, which means any outside projects you want to do while under that contract means you need to get the approval of the WWE while under contract or you are breaking that contract. It's simple Business 101.

Vince surely was found innocent in steroid scam but dont you think that why Vince made strict drug policy after Eddie's death. Before his death wwe was that strict on drug use in wrstling. May be Vince never engouraged his employees to take drugs and may i am wrong here but he sure as hell never asked his employees to stop it strictly untill after eddie's death
I agree that Vince may have never promoted drug use but he surely looked the other way on many occasions. Just listen to Nash and Hall talk about all the drugs and drinking they did on the road, clearly it didn't seem to be a serious problem to Vince until Eddie died. But at the same time no other wrestling companies had policies either, you really cant blame Vince but you need to blame the industry itself

Hectic schedule is a big issue in wwe. Wrestlers are getting injured because of this and drug use and pain killer increase also had something to do with the schedule. Wrestlers knew their schedule in advance before signning the contract but they dont have any other option because wwe is the only big company out there so they have to admit on the conditions. Guys like Kurt angle are producing more quality matches in TNA just because their schedule is lighter and they get enough time to rest and plan their matches.

Yest again it comes with the job description, you don't say people who run steel mills are bad employers because they work long hard hours? Like i said before Rey has had bad knees since he was young, he is still going out there on his own accord, he could get the time off if he needed but he is a top babyface and i dont see that happening.

I am going to start a new series of threads about Vince Mcmahon. In those threads we will talk about Vince Mcmahon as a employer, as a human being, as a father etc etc.

Vince Mcmahon is THE biggest name in wrestling business. He is the owner of the biggest wrestling company in the world. He is a billionare. I want to see what IWC thinks about this person from different point of views.

First of all we are going to talk about Vince Mcmahon an employer. He has hundereds and thousands of employees working for his company. We all know he is a moody person one day he thinks something and second day he thinks totally different. Sometimes he puts his employees in pretty bad situation due to his changing moods. Nobody including from wrestlers, creative team, commentators to lightmen are safe from his wrath. He can make or brake anyone's career in a friction due to his changing behaviours. Lets see some examples :

I did not make the series to criticise Vince Mcmahon or anything. We are going to take a deep look on different faces of Vince Mcmahon, I may be crticial to him in one thread but wil praise him for his good work in others so I want everyone to be supportive and not to treate this series as a random Vince Mcmahon bashing thread. Your views on Vince Mcmahon as an employer .................

Well, to add my 2 cents to this thread...

1. When the whole Nexus angle began, its been said that there was no script on what the Nexus had to exactly do. They were just told to go out there and destroy things and make it seem like it was unscripted...which it looked that way. Not one single person in the Nexus had a word by word script on every action that needed to be done that night.

But I can see him not standing up for his workers. If Bryanson was fired, so should have the ones responsible to have told them what was allowed and what was not allowed.

2. I'm sure he encouraged some to take steroids, but everyone has a mind of their own. He didn't strap them down and inject them into wrestlers. As an employer, yes you have a point, it's not greatest decision an employer can make, but then you also have to look at the wrestlers and partly blame them for doing it too. I'm sure some did it on their own without being told, just like someone said in a previous post regarding Billy Gunn.

3. He fired someone just for a suggestion? If that were true, that would be wrongful termination and could have led to a lawsuit. Doubt it happened.

4. I think you need to check the facts on this. Hassan quit the WWE, he was not fired. Whether a wrestler gets fired or quits, they all get the same "future endeavored" message. As an employer, yes, he should have backed up the wrestler, but didnt he do that in a way? He didnt fire the guy, they were working on a new gimmick, which most likely wouldnt have gotten over as fans like the Hassan character.

5. I totally agree with you on making the wrestlers work too many days. I think if they would work less house shows, maybe their TV/TV Tapings, PPV's would sell out. Who knows? and yes, as an employer he should be taking care of his injured workers.

Of course Vince McMahon is a terrible employer, all wrestling promotions have, are, and will continue to treat their employees like slaves because they've been able to get away with it decade after decade. It's a damn shame that every WWE wrestler doesn't have health insurance, and it's an even bigger shame that there's no retirement policies in place for these guys, these guys literally destroy their bodies for Vince, and he treats them not like human beings but like commodities to buy and sell and throw away when he's done with them.

Not to say Vince is the worst boss or anything, he's almost on the right track by offering to pay for rehab/detox for any former or current employees, which is a great thing for him to do. But you always just hear the same thing again and again from just about anyone and everyone who's ever worked for Vince, and that is that he's a douche. Part of that comes from him being such a bad employer, undoubtedly.

I dont agree with you some points.

Danielson's action really violated the PG ratings but it also had something to do with Benoit tragedy. How can you fire someone for the mistake of a guy who died in 2007? Daniel Bryan could have been suspended for 30 days(and count it as first strike)instead of getting released.

Vince surely was found innocent in steroid scam but dont you think that why Vince made strict drug policy after Eddie's death. Before his death wwe was that strict on drug use in wrstling. May be Vince never engouraged his employees to take drugs and may i am wrong here but he sure as hell never asked his employees to stop it strictly untill after eddie's death.

I dont know about if Hassan asked Vince to release him but all in al it were fans who got dumped from the whole thing.

Vince surely is a good businessman but here we are talking about him as an employer. We will definately talk about Vince - The Businessman in this series of threads.

I think he's definitely cutthroat businessman, but there's no way to know if he's a bad employer unless you worked for him. We've all heard stories some if true would say he's a prick to work for. Some of the points you made would would make him prick too if true, but I don't know if they are.

I can see why Danielson got fired the Benoit tragedy may have been 3 years ago, but it's something that will haunt WWE forever. I personally hate that he got fired. I think he fired him before the media started mentioning that incident and bring up Benoit again.

They've had drug testing policies in the past. The Ultimate Warrior was let go in '92 or '93 for testing positive. Shawn Michaels was suspended in '93 and stripped of the IC title it's in his book. They stopped testing when they almost went bankrupt. I don't know why they didn't keep up the testing after they became successful again. It probably could of saved some lives.

I don't think having a hectic schedule is necessarily being a bad boss. It's to make the most money. Everyone who signs know what they are getting in to. It doesn't seem to bother than when they're getting rich and living their dreams. Most guys choice to work big matches especially Wrestlemania while injured on their own. So they don't let their fans down and miss paydays. I don't think Kurt Angles matches have been any better in TNA. Jeff Hardy's sure haven't. TNA only has a lighter schedule because their not as successful. If they hit it big they'll have a brutal schedule as well.

I've seen articles and interviews with Davari who has said Hassan asked for his release. His heart wasn't totally in the wrestling business, and he didn't want to put forth the effort of repackaging himself into another gimmick. He was more interested in becoming a actor.

I've never heard that He fired someone for suggesting to turn Cena heel. I think that's a little far fetched. He turns peoples ideas down all the time that's the point of a creative team.They come up with ideas run it by him and he decides what to keep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back