US Championship: Kofi Kingston v Miz v Big Show v Carlito v MVP v Jack Swagger

I felt this match should just be Kofi vs Show. That was how they went, show beat bourne (the other contender they had going after it lately), then show beat kofi non-title. so you do a one on one with show and kofi. Basically WWE scrapped all of their booking and said "ok, top guys who aren't on the card are in this match"

I'm pretty confident that the Miz is gonna win this match as well as Maryse winning her's as RAW's newest power couple will unite the next night.

Miz - 75%
Kofi Kingston - 15%
Big Show - 5%
Jack Swagger - 5%
MVP - 0%
Carlito - 0%

Swagger is feuding with MVP. Carlito is feuding with Primo. Big Show is feuding with Kingston. Miz is the wildcard. I see him pinning Kofi and the next night on RAW we get Miz and Maryse!!

I can't judge this match before I see it, so despite the fact that I might feel like this match won't be given too much time, I'm not saying that it won't be a good match. However, some of the participants in this match are a bit random if you ask me.

The Miz would be a perfect candidate to fued over the United States Championship. A Kingston/Miz fued over the title would be something that I wouldn't mind seeing.

Big Show has been attacking the champion for a few weeks, so it would make sense that he would be given a title shot. But, I don't remember a single time that Big Show said that part of his motivation was because he wanted the United States Championship... something he was only the 2nd man to hold.

Carlito is someone that I believe could have an epic fued with Kofi Kingston. Battle of the Caribbeans? Anyone? So, I like having Carlito in this match, just to give it some flavor, but with the whole Primo thing, do you really think that Carlito will actually win? Unless WWE is willing to have the Carlito/Primo fued over the United States Championship, which seems a bit unlikely.

M.V.P. is a former 2-time U.S. Champion with this being his 3rd title shot since losing the title to Kingston back in June. He's not walking out of my hometown with the title. It's time for him to move to the main event and leave the U.S. Title behind.

Jack Swagger is the perfect person to be United States Champion. At this point in time? No. When M.V.P. invited Jack Swagger to the V.I.P. Lounge, I thought that this would result in a fued between the two. The United States Championship should not and does not to be involved in it.

So, this match has some pretty solid workers, so I'm not expecting a horrible match between these six competitors. But I ask, where is Evan Bourne? Did a non-title win against the champ not mean anything?

Prediction: Kofi Kingston defeats Big Show, M.V.P., Jack Swagger, Carlito, and The Miz to retain the United States Championship.

this isnt making sense to me

they have been building up with show, kofi and bourne for a couple weeks now and bourne has a pinfall victory over kofi and they leave him out of the match and throw in carlito?? explain that one for me

i can understand mvp and swagger being thrown into this match for tv time and miz because really what are they doing with him anymore and having him win the title could be good, but CARLITO REALLY WTF, it just doesnt make sense, cuz everyone knows he has no chance of winning, but if bourne was thrown in at least it would have been believable

some make some sense of this for me will ya??

i expected a triple threat match for the US title featuring Kofi, Bourne, & the Big Show at NOC to be announced on tonights raw but was somewhat surprised to find out that itll be a six pack challenge that doesnt even feature Evan Bourne

however i cant picture seeing carlito, big show, or the miz winning

carlito wont win cuz hes in a feud with primo & i doubt the creative team will have those 2 feud over the US belt

i think ultimately evan bourne will interfere & cost big show a chance at winning the belt which is prolly the reason why bourne wasnt even placed in this match

i can see why everyone is picking the miz to win but he wasnt even involved in the 6 man tag match on RAW & i know hes the only one of the 6 not currently in a feud but if he wins then who is he gonna start a feud with???

i hope swagger does win the belt because obviously it fits his gimmick the most since he's the All American American but i have doubts since he's currently in a feud with MVP, although he or MVP could win & then the 2 could feud over the belt

in the end, it makes sense just to have kofi retain the belt then defend the belt against big show or evan bourne or even both at summerslam

IMO, jack swagger winning isn't a bad idea. think about it. him and mvp fueding over the US title..kinda reminds me of austin vs rock for the IC title before they really got there push. now im not comparing either of them to austin or rock. but they're both being talked about for a big main event push. before austin and rock got to the main event they fueded over the IC title.

as for kingston..i'm sorry but trade him to smackdown because i just think theres to much star power on raw.

the miz? i doubt he wins but then again, its the miz. he could pull an edge

big show? he'll end up jobbing to the winner..

carlito? really would've like to seen bourne. but then again i'm not the storyline writer, so who knows.

Prediction: either miz sneaks in a win in "Edge" fashion, the all American American claims wht is his, or we will see kingston retain. So either Miz, Swagger, or Kingston. 50/50 chance

The belt would look better right now on The Miz or Swagger. I would prefer Miz over Swagger for right now...only because they are trying to go a different direction with The Miz after the Cena/Miz encounter that happened. The Miz would be a better fit and would give a little more credit with a title around his waist. The Miz has not been pushed towards a singles title since his departure with Morrison. Morrison has already been Intercontinental and ECW Champion (only giving credit for the underminded show it is in WWE)...seems like after NOC, there gonna give Morrison a run towards the WHC , why not help Miz as a solo star by finally putting a singles title on him? Makes sense. I'd say let the Swagger/MVP feud marinate a little more. Carlito? Already in the title hunt? Big Show looks dominant on Monday, but it is only going to lead him being the guy people should focus on, but not being a big factor at the end of the match.

Kingston is good, but a face like him, I don't get excitement over a guy like him trying to retain his title. The heels today are more exciting having to chase a title then a babyface defends it nowadays. Kingston is very athletic and entertaining, but I don't care if he loses.

A guy like Rey Mysterio is cared enough where if he loses a mid-card title, it is made a big deal. Kofi...if he loses...its like..."Oh ok." (click).

Order of who i would like to see win:
Miz, Swagger, Show, Kofi (if needed), Carlito, MVP

Cluster fuck. Plan and simple. I initially thought it would be Bourne vs. Kofi, with interference by Big Show, then i figured it would be a Triple threat match. But WWE wants to try and work in everyone, save for Bourne and Morisson, two of the hottest singles wrestlers out there. It's quizzical at best.

Here's my issue- they have Carlito in a feud with Primo. Why not put him in the match instead of Miz? What has Miz accomplished on Raw? Entertaining promos, certainly, but he isn't reaking of awesome. He has lost to Cena twice, cleanly, and got squashed on PPV. He's made palpable attempts on macking on Maryse, only to be met with the hand. You know, the hand. He's shot Hornswaggle with a T-shirt gun. He beat up Golddust. Not exactly the best record. But who has pinned Kofi? Bourne. And he is no where to be found.

Morrisson is another issue altogether. I think he is between feuds and divisions right now. And really has no where to turn, since Jericho is involved in the tag team angle. God willing, Hardy fails to recapture the gold, and we see Punk vs. Morisson at SummerSlam.

But yeah, my only problem is with the Miz in this match. He should have taken a back seat to either Primo or Bourne.

The only problem i have with this match is that Carlito is in it for no reason what so ever and Evan Bourne who actually did Beat Kofi isn't. What did Carlito do to be able to get a title shot already, he jump is brother from behind and that's about it, so in my book that doesn't make you a contender for a title.

The thing is, they've been building this storyline with Bourne, Kofi and show for weeks now and for some reason they just decided to scrap the whole thing and the only thing that could come to mind is that Bourne might be injured from last week's match with big show and that why Carlito is in this match because outside of that, it just doesn't make sense.

Logically, I agree with Evan being in this match and not Carlito. He could be injured or something, maybe p!$$ed someone off backstage, I don’t know. Other than that, I like the “unpredictability” of this match, with 5 Challengers. This is 6 Stars that the audience has no idea what happens to any one of them after N. O. C. Either way, the order of who I like to see win the Ford of WWE Titles is:

1. Miz (Never had a Singles Title in the WWE, something new.)

2. Jack Swagger (Had a great ECW Title run, so a US Title run could be just as good, or better, and it’s something “fresh”.)

3. Carlito (It’s been a while since he had a Singles Title run.)

4. Kofi Kingston (I wouldn’t mind him dropping the Title, only to regain it later and build on his character.)

5. Big Show (He’s playing the "Andre" role really well. No need for Titles at this point in his career, especially a Mid – Card Title.)

6. MVP (I hope he gets screwed somehow, gets a measure of revenge the next night on Raw and then pushed into the 10:45 slot on Vince’s “Santa Maria”. No need to put up the Mid – Card Title “Road block” in front of the Most Valuable Player on Monday Nights. “Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win.” – The Great Mike Brady, I think.)

Nothing against MVP, but obviously he's the least likely to win this match, because he's held the title twice before. Which, Show and Carlito have also done too, so I'd rather not see history repeat itself right now. And how does Carlito have a chance anyway, he was the one pinned in the six man tag on Raw last night, and by his own brother, who was the only one of the six to not be in this six pack challenge. Obviously Swagger, Miz or Kofi are the most likely to win. The Miz probably has more chance than Swagger because he has yet to even win a singles title. And I would rather see him or Swagger win, because it would be the most interesting outcome, if not then hopefully Kofi retains.

I could see something like Primo taking Carlito out of the match and that solves that issue, setting up a Summerslam match. Maybe the younger Colon could take out his older brother before the match, so an open spot could be given to say, someone like Evan, maybe?? Weirder has happened before, so why not??

"ZOMG, Clusterfuckz"

Who the hell gives a shit? This match will be a perfect opener, and gets the entire mid card contension on the card. Itll be awesome, with a good mix of high flyers and big guys. Also allows Kofi to loose the belt without getting beat, which is a positive.

I just cant see Kofi leaving here with the belt. Cant see it. Itll be tough for him to go against contenders after he beats them al in one match. Therefore, I can seriously see Jack Swagger taking this, with Teh Miz as a dark horse.

They didnt bring Jack Swagger to the show for nothing. Lets get er goin.

Personally, I actually see the Big Show winning this. I don't think they brought him down to the mid-card just to job. For the past few weeks, he's been dominating all the other wrestlers which is what I see him doing at NOC and winning. As a second choice, I'll pick Jack Swagger and Kofi retaining as a third/dark horse.

Don't you know WWEs booking yet? Bigshow has been dominant to make him look good so he doesn't lose as much value when he loses the match.

Being dominant makes you the LEAST likely to win the match.

It's wrestling booking 101.

I'm going with Miz or Swagger.

Yeah, but there's a difference to being beat by a main eventer like John Cena than a mid-carder like Swagger. Show's too good for that, and he's also done it before when he beat Eddie Guerrero for the title in 2003.

I doubt very much that Kofi is going to retain. Lawler and Cole pointed out that Kofi's chances of retaining the title aren't good based on the math of the match. I think it'd be a bit of a neat twist if Kofi were to keep the strap, since a lot aren't expecting him to and would give him some credibility as a champ, but I won't hold my breath.

The Big Show, Carlito and MVP have all held the U.S. title in the past and I don't look for either of them to take it this time. I expect a completely new champ to emerge out of this match. I think Swagger is the superior competitor to the Miz at this point. Swagger's a former ECW Champion, he's made an impact on Raw while the Miz hasn't really done much yet. This could be Miz's night to shine, but the WWE is grooming Swagger to be a main eventer and holding the U.S. title for a while would be another step in that direction. The Miz ultimately needs to build himself up as a singles competitor, the thing he had with Cena was fairly entertaining, but didn't really build up the Miz as a strong competitor.

Something about Jack Swagger, the All American American, walking out with the United States Championship just seems like the right fit at this point.

Pretty sad when a United States title clusterfuck is the only match I give a flying shit about on a PPV.

Kofi isn't retaining, and I can only see two guys that are worthy of the belt right now. That's Miz and Swagger. It makes more sense IMO to give it to Miz. Where the fuck is he going right now? A angle with Maryse? lulz. Swagger is feuding with MVP and that can go on a few months. Miz needs this more than the rest at the moment and he's already proven himself when given the opportunity after the draft. Give it too him.

A six man match for the US title? Sounds good to me! Let's see who's all in it.... MVP has already held this belt before and for a long time, he does not need to win this match.... The Miz could make a good US champion. The feud with Cena was good and he should have already gotten a midcard belt by now.... Carlito, ha ha yeah that's not gonna happen.... Big Show I really hope he does not win this.... Swagger is feuding with MVP, otherwise I would have picked him to win this match.... then there's Kofi. A long title run would benefit him, as long as they keep up with the title challenges and he looks strong in title defences. Kofi will likely retain here.

Dagger Dias prediction.... __ KOFI
_

Again, no idea on who'll win; it can realistically go to anyone but Carlito and Big Show. It will be an enjoyable wild and spot filled match. I see Kofi retaining, however there's a lot of possibilities here, so I anticipate the results. Personally, I'll be rooting for Swagger, as I think he'll do great with it, and can be involved in some potentially decent feuds.

I have no idea who could win. It could really be anyone, even Carlito. I'd prefer to see Kofi retain, but I won't cry if Swagger or Miz gets it. I have no predictions. This match should just be a fun, wild match.

If Miz gets it and Maryse retains we could be seeing a power couple in the works. If swagger gets it, he's be The All American-American United States Champion. If MVP gets it, then they don't plan on pushing him to the main event anytime soon. If Show gets it, it could be quite fun to watch. If Carlito gets it he could feud with Primo over it. I'm actually looking forward tot heir feud after their performance during the six-man tag match.

It should be good, and anyone could win it.

I want Swagger to win. He's a great asset to the business, has a lot of talent and could have some great matches with this belt. Big Show just annoys me, so while he probably will win it, I really don't want him to. Another good option would be The Miz, a nice long feud with Swagger over this belt would be good momentum for both.

this was SUCH a clustershit, especially live, but was pretty fun, that being said. The live crowd was mega confused when Primo came out, I suppose the subsitution was explained on the live broadcast. Kofi has light up shoes on. Im serious. I thought Swagger had it maybe one time. I popped for pretty much everyone in the match, especially Miz and Swagger. Miz got a pretty good reaction overall, as did Swagger. Pretty fuckin suprised Kofi won, and some REALLY cool, exciting spots during this thing. Not bad at all, if a bit unconventional.

this was SUCH a clustershit, especially live, but was pretty fun, that being said.

I feel like more matches should be like that, if we're dealing with mid card stars. Sure, it may mean that ring psychology is completely thrown out the window, but it leaves that sense of unpredictability, that you're not sure who's going to win. And it worked for this match.

The live crowd was mega confused when Primo came out, I suppose the subsitution was explained on the live broadcast.

Not really, but I can see why they did it. Carlito and Primo are fighting. Therefore, stick them in a match together.

You know, does anyone else have a fast food chain called "Primo's Pizza" where they live? Every time I see Primo, I feel like he should be getting ready to hand me my deep dish pepperoni pizza. I guess that's my confounding way to say he's not getting over.

Kofi has light up shoes on. Im serious.

And so begins the big old push. New shoes.... Big push....

thought Swagger had it maybe one time. I popped for pretty much everyone in the match, especially Miz and Swagger. Miz got a pretty good reaction overall, as did Swagger.

From where I saw, seemed those two, sandwiched by Kofi, were the most over, with the Miz over on Swagger. Otherwise, no one seemed to care for Carlito or Primo. Maybe that's just me...

Pretty fuckin suprised Kofi won, and some REALLY cool, exciting spots during this thing. Not bad at all, if a bit unconventional.

I like that unpredictability, and as I feel, if you got em, use em. I kind of wish Smackdown did the same thing with it's IC belt, with Rey, Dolph, Morrison.... And well, that's pretty much it.

I dont understand why Evan Bourne Wasnt in the match, he was fighting with Kofi and Big Show yet they left him out of the match. Pretty good match i liked the random ness was a really fun match to watch

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back