Match of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the few of us that saw ROH's Final Battle, this surely has to go to the El Generico and Kevin Steen match that headlined the PPV. They've been feuding for all of 2010, and this match was Generico's mask vs Kevin Steen's ROH career.

The backstory behind the match was that Steen and Generico were former tag team partners. Steen had tired of losing matches due to Generico, and turned on him after they lost at ROH's first online PPV in December of 2009. Steen then teamed with Steve Corino, and Generico partnered with Colt Cabana. The teams wrestled a series of matches against each other, including a brutal chain match in which Cabana forced Corino to tap out. Following the match, Steen stole Generico's mask, unmasking him for the first time. This set up their epic encounter at Final Battle.

Match of the week: El Generico vs Kevin Steen- I expected a bloodbath from this match, as it was the culmination of a year long feud that had been quite brutal at times. It certainly delivered that. Steen powerbombed Generico on the edge of the stage in a sickening manner, and really set the tone for the match. Steen played the role of a sick bastard better then anyone Ive seen, especially when he smiled as he licked his own blood. The "without honor" stipulation was certainly in full effect, including interference by Cabana on Generico's part, and Steve Corino doing the same for Steen. They knocked two refs out in breaking up pins, and Cabana and Generico each delivered a chair shot apiece to Steen's head, the second of which lead to the decisive pinfall for Generico. My only complaint was the unprotected chairshots to the head, which just shouldnt happen in 2010, even within the context of this match. Still an awesome match storytelling wise, and a fitting match of the week, and surely a candidate for Match of the Year.

Honorable mentions: The first has to go to John Morrison and Sheamus, as they really stole the show at the TLC PPV. I wasn't sure how Sheamus would adapt in this environment, but he certainly did quite well. From a storytelling standpoint, this may have been the best match of Morrison's career in the way he sold his knee. The right man went over as well, as the win benefits Morrison far more then it hurts Sheamus.

The other nod has to go to John Cena and Dolph Ziggler on both Raw and Smackdown. Quite the rub for Ziggler to go toe to toe with the face of the company on consecutive nights, and he surely delivered. Cena sold like hell for him, but the work Ziggler did can't be discredited either. Ziggler effortlessly at times countered Cena's signature moves as if they had wrestled many times before, and he was often the aggressor against the typically aggressive Cena. Even in losses, Ziggler is elevated just for hanging with Cena and looking like he truly belongs. Were it not for the ROH PPV, either these matches or the Sheamus/Morrison match could easily have been Match of the Week.

I have to agree with LSN80 and go with Steen vs. Generico at ROH Final Battle 2010. Absolutely great match. Start to finish kick-ass. They had such good chemistry, lots of cool spots, LOTS of false finishes, had me wondering "When the hell is it going to end?!" on more then one occasion. Great showing for those two, great showing for Ring of Honor.

Ha! I beat Jack-Hammer this week.

Pretty solid shows this week. Deffinitly some great matches to mention.

Nothing on RAW that was really that exciting besides Randy Orton vs. Sheamus in their main event. I feel Sheamus is really working hard and making up for just jumping into the main event scene up on arrival. I first thought this match would be a bit slow but it wasn't at all. It was actually pretty decent. Sheamus did some maneuvers I've yet to see him do. A Flying Shoulder Block connects in Randy Ortoin which was exciting and got some cheers. Randy Orton has officially added the Angle Slam to his arsenal. Hits the Orton five moves of doom and goes down for the RKO. It's blocked for the Irish Curse. Another RKO attempt but gets two hands to the face. He heads to the apron and goes for another sling shot shoulder block...RKO pin. Pretty good match, but I'm praying we don't see it again for a while. Pretty solid match though.

Superstars we saw David Hart Smith vs. William Regal was a very technical match up. Probably was overlooked by many this week. But I felt this match proves that DH Smith is just as good as Tyson Kidd is on his own. DH Smith doing some awesome moves in this match as well as Regal. Regal goes for the Butterfly suplex, DH reverses and flips Regal upside down in some sort of reverse Butterfly suplex I guess. Gets a two. Regal hits Knee Trembler which didn't get a lot of reaction and get the three. Tyson Kidd has yet to impress me on his own. DH and Tyson Kidd need to have a proper feud to really showcase their talent. And please WWE, give me some more Regal!

TNA iMPACT time! The only match I saw worth mentioning would be...of course...Chris Sabin vs. Robert Roode. I've said it many a times, I will never get tired of Motor City Machine Guns vs. Beer Money--as long as they give us some different stuff to hang on to. This singles match showed us that Motor City and Beer Money are just as good apart as they are in the ring together. I really loved the beginning of the match as it was fast paced. Sabin does a dive to the outside, which was cool. Robert Roode does a roll up, Sabin kicks out with a follow through roll up. Gets two. Sabin kicks Roode into the corner, Sabin goes outside for the DDT gets caught, Double R Spine Buster. Great match which was very expected.

On Smackdown we saw a lot of great matches. Trent Berretta vs. Drew McIntyre. While it was rather on the short side, it was an amazing showing from both Drew and Trent. Trent brought out the best in Drew McIntyre and really showed some heart in this match. Drew Powerbombs Trent into the corner which made me cringe. Trent Berretta does a spring board drop kick which was an amazing spot. Drew somehow gets outside, didn't really see how. Trent goes for a diving swanton over the top. "Hey Mom look, no hands". Trent falls flat on his neck. Ref calls it. Drew wins. A very exciting match. Its very good to see Trent Berretta on Smackdown again. Drew DDTs him outside. So much for the face turn.

Edge and Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto del Rio and Kane. This should be a fucking awesome match. Edge and Mysterio have a history together and usually put on good showings together. Rey and Del Rio start out. Rey instantly does his usual Lucha Libre style moves and hurricaranas Del Rio into the Ropes. He tags in Edge and loses all momentum. Kane comes in beats on Edge but Edge and Mysterio drop kick Kane out of the ring with Del Rio where Edge powerbombs Rey onto both men. Dust clears, Rey tags in builds awesome momentum kicks Kane's knee and an amazing kick to the head. Rey get sent outside and gets beat up some more by Kane. Tag to Del Rio, fucking amzing kick by Del Rio. Double tag ins, Edge gets Edgucution goes for spear, gets caught by kane, rey send kane outside. 619/spear combo for the win. It ws weird but somehow awesome that we get to see the Intercontinental Championship Triple Threat in the main event instead of this. A very great tag team match. I for see another fatal fourway Heavyweight title match between these four. Phenomenal match.

The main event of Smackdown starting this early?? Triple Threat Match, with Dolph Ziggler deffending his Intercotenintal Championship in a rematch from the TLC PPV against Jack Swagger and Kofi Kingstion. I couldn't wait for this. I say it week after week, either one of these Superstars can make anyone look good and when you put them in a match together, you have absolute GOLD! Match starts with Jack and Dolph beating on Kofi. Kofi chants going then we get Ziggler chants. Awesome! Jackie works on the ankle of Kofi. Double Suplex. They're obviously stalling. Kofi builds momentum knocks both men outside. Suicide dive! Fame-Asser to Swagger from Ziggler. Dolph is having his way with Kofi. Yes, Jack interrupts Trouble in Paradise. Fucking German!!! Goes for the pin on Ziggler and Kofi, both two counts. Swagger powerbombs Dolph and Kofi high high high cross body. Two count. Trouble in paradise misses Swagger ankle lock. Zig Zag connects and Kofi breaks the pin. This is awesome. DDT breaks Swagger's neck. Kofi goes for pin, rope break (Vickie). A lot of near falls in this match which was awesome. Trouble in Paradise takes out Swaggie and Dolph Rolls up Kofi for the win. WOW!

I could've turned off my tv for the ending. I did not care who won this match. Dolph Ziggler deserves the IC Championship. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger beat the living shit out of every match this week. Smackdown put on the best matches this week and really went all out with this Triple Threat. Great way to end the year for Smackdown and the WWE.

Match of the week- Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger and Kofi Kingston.

I guess I'll go right ahead and agree with Hamler here. Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger vs Kofi Kingston was pretty much the perfect ending to Smackdown this week, and definitely blew out the rest of the wrestling this week. But then again, I didn't watch iMPACT, but I doubt there was anything major there compared to this match.

Good back and forth, that actually had me sold on Kofi Kingston perhaps winning it this time. I must say I was delighted to see Dolph retain, and do it in such a sneaky manner. Firm match that definitely deserves the nod this week.

Oh my god guys, this week was fucking an amazing week foir wrestling fans (WWE fans that is). While TNA wasn't a bad show, it didn't have a lot of get matches that really stood out to me. But the WWE kicked off the year with a huge bang!

On RAW, the first match of the New Year was a Falls Count Anywhere match for the WWE Championship; The Miz vs. John Morrison. John Morrison has proved himself with former two-time WWE Champion that is Sheamus in some very good showings. Morrison steals the show everytime he wrestles on the card. These two have natural chemistry and were a great tag team on ECW back around 2007/2008. I have high hopes for this match and dammit, it delivered. Morrison showed very little in ring weakness and no botches. Morrison fights Miz to the floor. He gives Riley the Shining Wizard oin the gaurd rail which was fucking amazing. Morrison climes the big WWE symbol and dives off in a cool spot. Back to the ring a bit later, Morrison hits the Strship Pain and Miz kicks out which I marked out for. Morrison has a table set up on the outside with Miz on top. Goes for the Star Ship pain but misses. Two count--skull crishing Finale for the three. An amaizng match by these two whcuh is no doubt great for both of their careers. Two young guys, who weren't shit a year earlier are now putting on a clinic on the WWE's top show. A lot of trust was put into these two to deliver a great match and guess what? A great match it was.

Next match was the Triple Threat Steel Cage match for the Number One Contendership at the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett. There are a lot of escape attempts. First Wade tries to slip away, then Randy, then Sheamus, then Randy again. Orton tries double DDT, but has to stop Wade. Boot from Wade to Randy. Randy and Sheamus are on the ropes as Barrett kicks the ropes as the fall on their balls. Barrett climes and it looks as if he's going to win this. Punk comes out and holds out his hand. Instead he takes the Nexus arm band from Barrett and Kicks him in the face to send him back down to the mat. Shemaus is about to climb out as he runs into an RKO! Randy vs Miz for the WWE Championship once again at the Rumble. Sucks. But very good cage match. Perfect example of a cage match not needing to be violent to be considered good.

Nothing in TNA caught my attention which is very suprising.

On Smackdown, we saw the World Heavyweight Championship match with Kane vs. Edge in a Last Man Standing match. This match was phenomenal. Donnot feel like going into detail with this one but I damn sure was a good match.

Next, Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler again for the Intercontiental Championship. Dolph is a great champion. Probably one of the best in recent years. Dolph has been doing a great job with carrying the title. it's time for him to move to bigger things. Only problem I have, is that can he really draw heat without Vickie? Anyways, tremendous match up for what I sw.

Next we have the Fatal Four-Way number one contender's match. Before it's started, we saw Vickie come out and induct Dolph into the match for it to officially become a Fatal Four-Way now. 3 heels one face is a very odd combination. The match is showing what a bright future the WWE has with these three young guys. The match starts off with the three heels working together to take out the Big Show. Big Show outpowers most of them. Throwing McIntyre over the top. Ziggler gets in a good small beatdown but gets taken to the floor. Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes push Big Show through the gaurd rail eliminating him for a bit. Drew McIntyre gets a little crowd reaction as he's beating up Cody in the ring. Big Show comes back up and kills Drew McIntyre. Wade Barrett of course pops up and beats Big Show down for a second or two. Dolph hits Zig Zag, 2 count, Drew McIntyre DDT, gets two. Cody comes in and Dolph talks him into going after the Big Show and DAMN, gets the Zig Zag oin Cody. He's folding in half for the three. Holy Shit!! That was fucking awesome way to end a match. A very great match to show just what the young stars are capable of on Smackdown.

Last match, Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio two out of three falls.. This should be kick ass. As soon as we start off, Rey goes for 619 but misses and Alberto gets the Cross Arm Breaker. Submits in like the first two minutes. Wow. Rey gets a springboard after commercail. Del Rio reverse a hurricarana into the Arm Breaker. Rey rolls through gets the two. Rey sets up for 619 but gets a clothesline, takes Del Rio down with Oklahoma Roll for the pin. The score is tied up. I feel as if this is being rushed which is a shame because these two can really go. The match is starting to slow down. With a few fast hurricaranas here and there. Rey gets a diving splash from the top. Alberto's announcer holds Rey's foot and Rey Mysterio getd counted out. Hahahahaha! Nice way to end this. Alberto did win after all so I'm fine with that. Rey attacks Ricardo as he eats a 619 and a splash to cap off Smackdown. Great match. Rilvary over?

I don't know. Any match mentioned is worthy of match oif the Week. However, I know most won't agree, but I feel Kane vs. Edge trully delivered and really drew me in to the whole show. The two really used most of the arena and was something that was totally worth watching. Two vets going at it while the rest of the night was focused on putting over younger talent.

Match of the Week- Edge vs. Kane

Good Breakdown Ham.

We had Some Really solid matches from Raw and Smackdown this Week Impact not so Much. Miz vs Morrision Falls Count Anywhere was Good and so was the Triple Threat Cage match with Orton, Barrett and Sheamus. Smackdown had Three Good Matches in the Last Man Standing Between Kane and Edge, Fatal 4 was Good and So was the 2 out of 3 falls match between Rey and ADR. If this Sunday's Genesis doesn't count for this week then I think Rey Vs ADR is the MOTW, if it does count towards this then I think that MCMG vs Beer and Doug Williams vs AJ Styles both have potential to be MOTW.

I'm not really sure what match to go with this week.

First of all Kane vs Edge was pretty damn good, very back and forth and a great usage of the entire arena, and more or less everything around them. It felt like something worthy of a Pay Per View, but then again not really. Considering the fact that Kane and Edge had been through so much, and seeing it end like this was more or less satisfying.

Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton vs Sheamus in their cage match was more or less just as great if not better. They had a very back and forth going over this, and like KB pointed out in his review it seemed much more old-school, and the fact that nobody seemed to go for a pin made it much better considering this was all about escaping rather than to just get the victory. It made for a much better match by having a simple flow, and I also loved the addition of the Wade Barrett / CM Punk moment.

Big Show vs Drew McIntyre vs Cody Rhodes vs Dolph Ziggler. Yeah, great match as usual from all of these guys (Well except for Big Show really, but he managed to make it work with these guys). Some great back and forth action that had Big Show looking way too strong, but I wouldn't say that it necessarily hurt this match, considering the fact that all of the other guys was able to look fairly strong in this match, even if Wade Barrett was the one looking the strongest by simply taking Big Show down without any need of a finisher. I liked that Dolph got the victory, but like I pointed in another thread I'm not expecting much from it.

However, my pick would have to be the triple threat steel cage match between Randy, Sheamus and Wade. The back and forth pace of this match, the finishers being performed, the firm use of the cage and just more or less everything about this match had a good flow, and something that definitely makes it worthy of the Match of the Week.

A really good week of wrestling for a WWE fan this week. I won't bother with a breakdown of all the matches as The Hamburglar did a good job with that. So I'll just go ahead and say that my MOTW was The Miz vs John Morrison.

I was looking forward to this match all week, as I remembered Morrison's last Falls Count Anywhere match against Sheamus, which was very good. Morrison did everything you would have expected him to do by jumping off of everything and making the match fun. I also loved the way he took out Riley. The ending was spectacular with the table spot and a sweet looking Skull Crushing Finale on the floor.

The best thing about the match though was that it made Miz look good. Even without Riley, he was able to pull off a hard fought victory, even kicking out of starship pain, or whatever it's called. I'm still not a fan of the Miz, but it's stuff like this which is helping me to enjoy his title reign so far.

Back this week with the match of the week. Not a bad week. I kinda wish I would've watched the TNA PPV but I'm broke...so yeah. This week was pretty solid. Each show had a match that would all be considered match of the week material.

On RAW, we saw Sheamus vs. John Morrison. Can't say I'm sick of this match because I'm not. These two, like I've said a hundred times, have very great chemistry in the ring. Sheamus is no doubt doing a phenomenal job of putting over Morrison week in and week out in their matches. I'm hoping to see some kind of match to top off their amazing feud. Something that will out do any of their previous matches. The match started with Sheamus on top. In fact, most of the match was this way. Morrison falls to the outside about half way through, and Sheamus was deffinitely targetting the abdomen of Morrison. Front Suplex to Morrison on the stairs. Shemaus sets for the kick in the ring when Morrison falls down I guess. Morrison did a great job of selling his weakness during this match. Sheamus puts him ontop, but Morrison kicks Sheamus' head into the ring post and Morrison gets the knee and the win. A match which saw Sheamus looking very strong but yet losing the match to John Morrison. A very great match as always from these two, not their best, but certianly worth mentioning.

Orton/Lawler vs. Miz/Riley was a massive swing and a miss for me. Why are they shoving King down our throats as of late. Not a bad match but whatever. It won't get my vote for match of the week.

On Superstars we saw pretty good showings from just about everyone on the show. JGlass can back me up on that one. Chris Masters and JTG vs. Chavo and Curt Hawkins. This was a very underrated tag match. Who knew that throwing two lower mid card teams together would actually works. The match actually flew by. Chavo and JTG getting a lot of ring time which is good. The ending came when we saw Masters lock in the Master Lock in on Chavo when Hawkins interfers. Gets back body dropped by Masters who still has the Master lock locked in. Chavo taps. Very underrated match here. These guys need air time on Smackdown. And soi does every other WGN Superstars regular.

Finally TNA time. Guess what? Beer Money vs Motor City Machine Guns. I promised to never say this but come on, this match is getting a bit old. But hey, it made my list for match of the week. It was no doubt as great as some of their previous showings but still a pretty decent match. It seems the match is over when Roode hits a splash from the top, Sabin kicks out. MCMGs gets a double team maneuver. Shelly kicks the shit out of Sabin's bitch ass chin (lulz) and Beer Money hits the DWI...win. Short match, doesn't even touch their previous showings, but still a solid match from both teams, as usual.

On Smackdown we saw a tag match from Del Rio/Rhodes and Mysterio/R-Truth. The match was good, but it was nothing great. They could've did better. It did it's job in promoting the Royal Rumble and throwing a storyline in there.

Next, we saw a rematch between Drew McIntyre and Trent Berretta from a couple weeks ago. A match that was very underrated and a match where we saw Trent Berretta basically die. I have high hopes for Trent and even Drew, he's been showing great agressoin as of late. Match starts off as Drew tries toi get in the ring and Trent knocks him to the floor. Trent attacks Drew until he eats a big boot. Drew knocks him to the floor and slaps the shit out of him. Domination continues for a good two or three minutes. Ternt reverse a german suplex and running drop kick knocks him down. Drew stops his momentum and suplexes him into the corner. Drew goes for the Military Press but gets a role up and Trent wins. That's what I'm talking about. "But Hamler, it was too short", yeah you know what, fuck you. it was a good match. They're slowly building Trent which is amazing. At least he's not on Superstars which is a plus. Like I said, high hopes for Drew and Trent.

Swagger vs. Kofi. What the fuck is with these repetitive matches? This match will be a good showing nonetheless. Swagger takes instant control in like a minute into the match. Swagger continues his dominations. Goes for the slingshot splash. Kofi reverses one. Kofi misses Trouble in Pardise-Belly to Belly from Jack. Near fall. Kofi reverses Oklahoma Slam into the SOS. What the fuck? Botch? Confusion.

From the reviews I've read, Genesis was a good PPV. However, I didn't watch it. Kinda sucks because I'm sure they had some pretty good matches on the card. This week saw a lot of matches that we've seen plenty of (Morrison/Sheamus, MCMGs/Beer Money, Kofi/Swagger) not that that's a bad thing. This week, FROM WHAT I SAW, would have to go to Sheamus and Morrison in their match. I'm really loving these two. Its getting harder and harder to top their previous showings which can be said for any of these matches this week. Give these two a match to top everything they've done...Iron Man?? :shrug:

Match of the Week - John Morrison vs. Sheamus.
Again, didn't watch Genesis so..

Several matches stood out to me this week that could have been match of the week, but only one match was truly signiifcant in changing the landscape of its company. More on that later.

#5Smackdown- Kofi Kingston d Jack Swagger: If only they would give these two more time, they could put on an absolute clinic in terms of wrestling ability. This still was a darn fine 7 minute match that showed Swagger using his size and strength to his advantage, only to be folied later by Kofi's quickness. It was nice to see the SOS back, and used as a finisher. **.5/5.

#4 Smackdown: Rey Mysterio and R-Truth d. Cody Rhodes and Alberto Del Rio:
A darn fine 15 minute tag match that really could have gone either way. They worked a nice, fast pace that was surprising smooth, especially with Truth involved. I liked the ending, where Rey tagged in, hit a sitting senton and a crossbody on Cody for a nearfall. Both men went for rollups but Del Rio broke the count. Cody went for the Alabama Slam but Rey countered with the 619 for the win...A fun tag match that served as showing men who will likely all have their moments in the Rumble. **.75/5.

#3:Raw-John Morrison d. Sheamus:
I know we've seen this match before, but the chemistry these two have is off the charts good. Morrison had Sheamus down and set up for Starship Pain, but Sheamus recovered and pushed him over the top rope.
Following the break the wrestlers traded offense in a brawl. Morrison got the advantage and sent Sheamus to ringside. When Morrison tried to dive on Sheamus, he ended up taking a knee to the gut. Cole put it over nicely by saying you could almost hear the ribs cracking. Morrison came back with a running knee/Shining Wizard and pinned Sheamus clean. This was, as expected, a strong television match. The running knee still hasn't connected, as I don't think anyone in the building had any idea that was the finish based on their initial response. They popped big once they realized Morrison won, but it's going to take more time to get the running knee established. Finishes like that will help. ***.25/5.

2. TNA Genesis- Beer Money d. The MCMG's to win the World Tag Titles: This wasn't as good as their matches from 2010, but it was still a fine match. Sabin went for a tornado DDT off the ropes, but Roode countered with a great Northern Lights Suplex for a strong near fall. A short time later, Beer Money hit the DWI, but Sabin kicked out. In the end, Sabin accidentally kicked Shelley in the corner, and then Roode rolled up Sabin and got the pin to win the tag titles.This was indeed a very good tag match. Just like Sheamus and Morrison, I could watch the two teams wrestle over and over and not get tired, they're just that much fun to watch together. It also put over the notion that Beer Money cant beat the Guns without them beating themselves, making the Guns look strong in defeat. An excellent match. ****/5.

1. TNA Genesis- Mr. Anderson d Jeff Hardy to win the World Heavyweight Title: This match wasn't necessarily the strongest match in terms of quality, but the excitement and psychology both before and during the match was off the charts. Bischoff coming out to "congratulate" Anderson on his win over Morgan was nice, as was Hardy smoking a cigarette and being in "dress clothes" on his way to the ring as he thought it would be a cakewalk. Anyway, Hardy hit the Twist of Hate as soon as the match started but Anderson kicked out. Hardy worked the match in his clothes, which included a tie. He picked up Anderson again and hit another Twist of Hate, while Anderson kicked out again. Anderson flung Hardy to the floor, and Morgan hit a discus clostheline on him and tossed him back in to the ring, where Anderson got a near fall. Anderson hit a neckbreaker and went for a cover, but Hardy kicked out. Hardy got the better of Anderson again and grabbed a chair at ringside. Mick Foley ran out and took the chair from Hardy. Ric Flair walked down the ramp and wanted to go after Foley, but security stood between them. Hardy went to the top rope with Anderson down in the ring. Anderson stood up and crotched Hardy on the top rope. Hardy ended up pushing Anderson off and then hit him with the Swanton, but Anderson kicked out again. He came up bleeding from the forehead Later, Hardy called for his brother to come out. Matt ran down to help, but Rob Van Dam came out and cut him off. Bischoff climbed inside the ring and wound up to hit Anderson with a chair, but Anderson kicked him and then hit the Mic Check. Jeff entered the ring and went for the Twist of Hate, but Anderson countered with the Mic Check and got the clean pin to win the title.

This was a nice surprise for those of us who ordered the PPV, and it really put over Anderson strong as he kicked out of Hardy's finishers. Even the interference and the counter-interference made sense based upon the individual wrestlers agendas to those who've been following Impact. At ten minutes, its hard to label this match as the MOTW in terms of quality, but it surely made the most impact, and it was fun as well, and deserving of MOTW.

Match of the Week: Mr. Anderson d Jeff Hardy to win the World Heavyweight Championship.

I'd have to go with John Morrison and Sheamus as well. This week's wrestling really hasn't been anything spectacular. Well maybe TNA produced something decent, I didn't watch Genesis nor iMPACT, so I can't say.

But John Morrison and Sheamus once again performs at a good level of wrestling. Sheamus and John seems to have gotten a lot of chemistry in the ring, and I'd like to think that it makes for a pretty cool match with the sort of power house vs the slightly ground based high flyer (Much like Shawn Michaels vs Triple H - Yes I made that comparison, I don't like it either.)

The rest of the matches this week were either too short, or not really worth mentioning, so that's why they won't be mentioned. John Morrison vs Sheamus gets it this week.

Very well rounded shows this week. RAW blew me away with their very solid action. I don't exactly know what to chose this week, that will probably change when I get to the end of this post.

On Monday Night RAW we saw two guys who have had a very sucessful 2010. John Morrison vs. The United States Champion Daniel Bryan. A phenomenal match this was. The only flaw was the amount of time the WWE gave these two great atheletes. Morrison freah off a several victories over Sheamus that pushed him to the sky. Daniel Bryan comes from a very sucessful title reign with the US title. the match started off with technical warfare. A lot of reversals from both. Both seem to be working on the arm. Bryan sends Morrison outside. Bryan looking to dive throught the ropes only to slide out when Morrison side steps. They sprint back to the ring. STALEMATE. Back from commercial and Morrison has a head lock. Morrison knocks Bryan down and takes a long time for Starship Pain. Bryan kicks the shit out of Morrison's face. Pin attemp/kickut. Double cross body knocks both out. Bryan goes for a German Suplex only to have Morrison flip and land on his feet. Series of awesome roll ups and school boys. Bryan's Labelle Lock is a no go. Morrison hits the Flash kick and knee to the face for the pin. I was fine with Morrison going over the US Champion. Daniel Bryan didn't look like a rookie here and I was iompressed with both in this match up.

Next up is Dolph Ziggler vs. Randy Orton for the first time ever. Number one contender vs. Number one Contender. Dolph was recently put in two matches back to back with John Cena and really stood out in that match. Maybe he can do the same with Randy Orton. Dolph, suprisingly, starts out with agressively with a series of attacks on the oh so dominant Orton. Randy gets the upper hand with a massive clotheline. Randy's momentum is stoped when Ziggler hits a drop kick to take out Orton to his knee. Ziggler picks at the knee for a good while. Rnady reverses and get the Back Breaker to buy time. Randy build momentum and gets the Orton five moves of doom. Fame Asser stops the RKO attempt. Angle Slam into a Sleeper. Sleeper into RKO. No one expected Dolph to actually go oiver Orton but it was still a damn good showing.

RAW main event consisted of Nu-Nexus leade CM Punk vs. John Cena. I'm not understanding why they didn't save this match for later. But whatever. Cena starts with the upper hand as he hits a nice bulldog. He's going at Punk with a series of strikes and what not. Punk stops the momentum with a Kick to the head. Cena falls as Punk drop kicks Cena to the floor. Head scissors like triangle choke on Cena. Cena starts up his own five moves of doom. Punk stops him with a Calf kick. Attitude Adjustment attempt blah blah. Punk reverses and hits the springboard clotheline. Punk with a complete shot and with the move still locked in, Punk locks in the new "Anaconda Vice". He gets the rope. After battling on the floor, Cena gets the top rope leg drop/face buster. After Cena is out, "Batistwo" (get it, Batista and two ha!) Hits the ring and kicks Punk for the win. Punk wins. A phenomenal matcgh that was definitely PPV quality. I was at the edge of my seat each minute. The STF, Anaconda Vice, AA, every move had me thinking the match was over. I love the new Punk!

WWE Superstars on shitty WGN is up next. This show is always over looked. I can always be found in the LD every week if you're wondering. Anyways, Tyson Kidd vs. Yoshi Tatsu. I wish I would've taken a few notes for this but I didn't. So I won't say much. Standouts in the match included lots of quick action. Tyson Kidd acting like a true heel. Yoshi with a head scissors submission on the floor when Tyson nips up and taunts to the crowd. Very funny. Kidd works at the legs. Goes for Sharpshooter only to be pinned with a roll up. Yoshi wins.

On Thurday's episode of iMPACT!, is saw very little action worth mentioning. Not a bad show, don't get me wrong, but still not enough action for me this week. It sucks I know.

Finally Friday Night Smackdown, we saw Cody Rhodes' apparent answer to fame, when he faced off against the entertaining Rey Mysterio. Cody has new trunks I think. Whatever. The match starts up with Cody getting the upperhand. Very agressive is Rhodes. Mysterio gets hurricarana. Cody picks at Rey's knee/leg. Rey gets thrown outside only to roll through. Rhoeds goes after him only to headbut the stair. Ha! Rey spring board/pin, then a Cross Body/pin. Mysterio 619 to the face, as Cole, Striker, and Matthews bitch because of Cody's face. Rey wins. Short match but it was pretty solid nonetheless.

I would just like to say that Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger in the wrestling match, was bullshit and didn't showcase any abilities from either men. Their previous matches were some of the best I've seen, but this match was pure shit. Come on now. :disappointed:

Next up, Edge vs.....Justin Gabriel! His mystery opponent I guess you could say. Two months ago, we would've definitely saw Wade Barrett in this match. But when Barrett said the Corre has no leader and that they share the spotlight, I guess he wasn't kiddin'. Gabriel has the shot of a life time right now facing the World Heavyweight Champion. Hopefully we'll see a good match up. They start out with the traditional lock up, Edge with the arm hold. Spin kick from Gabriel to the Edge O Matic. 2 count. Gabriel gets some shots in the corner. Big Boot to the floor as we head to commercial. Back. Gabriel on the offense. Gabrial hits a russian leg sweep as he locks in some sort of full nelson with his leg. Edge gets out. He gets a take down and goes up. Edge nails a drop kick mid air. Edge O Matic on the ropes as Gabriels goes to the floor. They both go back in. Edge on top. Gabrial nails a leaping kick and tries a superplex only to be knocked down. Cross Body from Edge. Corre attacks as Zeke hits Edge. Gabriel wins. You know what, I'm fine with this. It keeps Edge looking strong while putting over Gabrial/Corre. They attack Edge making him look vulnerable. Great match nontheless.

Great matches this week, from WWE anyways. Great shows from everybody. The match of the week will go to Punk and Cena for their showdown on RAW. The match actually kept me tuned in and had very great action. A match that saw no domination from Cena which is what I was hoping for--Punk and Cena were really even matched here. Cena/Punk have definite chemistry together.

Match of the Week- CM Punk vs. John Cena

I have to agree with Hamler on this one. While John Morrison vs Daniel Bryan was a good match, I still have to give it to John and Punk.

Not only because of the fact that while Morrison and Bryan tore down the house in a good hold for hold wrestling match, I just see more appeal in John Cena vs CM Punk. Their matches has always been good in some way or another, even if they have been short, there's been something to offer the crowd. And this was still the case this week, even if it ended in a DQ due to Mason Ryan, I still had a lot more joy in watching this match than I did with any other match this week.

So the victory goes to John Cena vs CM Punk.

I've decided to start rating my matches out of 10. 10 being fucking awesome and 1 being totally shitty. However, this is Match of the Week thread so there won't be many 1's. This is my first time doing this so forgive me if you totally disagree with a rating.

Not the best week for me. RAW was probably one of the worse shows in quite a while. TNA held their own and Smackdown was too very solid.

We start out this week with Monday Night RAW. Its the show before the Royal Rumble and tonights episode features a great bout between the Smackdown World Heavyweight Champion Edge and. RAW's WWE Champion The Miz. I like the way this match went down but it obviously should be the main event anytime we have two champions facing one another. But whatever. The match starts off with the traditional lock/headlock. Edge knocks Miz to the floor. Back from the break with good back and forth action throughout the match. Edge goes for Spear later on only to be attacked by Dolph Ziggler. A long match which lasts a good 20 minutes or so. Even though the match didn't have a winner, it was still damn solid. Edge can still go at his age and both men did a good job of carrying this match. Match Rating- 7/10

WWE Superstars on WGN match of the night was R-Truth vs. Tyson Kidd. Yes that R-Truth. Like I've said multiple times. Superstars is a place to experiment with moves and such. The match had some good spots. RTruth looking like a technical king here. Tyson working the wrist. A lot of traditional but great maneuvers here. Tyson goes for the Sharp Shooter as he gets knocked to the floor. Springboard Elbow to Truth as Tyson goes for a roll up. 2 count and Truth hits the "What's Up" and gets the pin. Great match with both men looking good. Truth using his varition of Shelton Benjamin's Pay Dirt. I believe he's like the 78th guy to use that move. Good match nontheless. Match Rating- 6.5/10

Next up is TNA iMPACT! when the X-Divison made its return when one of those Young Buck guys took on Chris Sabin and Amazing Red in a phenomenal, Triple Threat instant classic match that was so awesome to see. I took as much notes as I could with this fast paced shit but I got most of it. Fast paced already. Red does a roll up, reversed by Sabin, then Sabin's is reversed by Red. 2 count. A lot of moves I can't keep up with as this match is really fast. My mouth is drooling. Hurricarana to Buck from Red. Massive Clotheline from Sabin. Dive from Sabin to Buck accompanied by a huge pop. Buck in Control. Buck slows down the pace with a headlock. Rey double Missle Drop Kick. More flips and whatnot from Red. Red goes for Springboard only to be caught in a suplex/nexk braker by Sabin. Buck nails a facebuster on Sabin. Red into his flip powerbom. Red goes to top only to be taken out by Buck into a DDT. 3 count and Buck brother number one win. Although I can't tell these two guys apart, the Bucks are amazing in the rin. This match trully brought back old memories. Hopefully we start to get more X-division later on. Match Rating-9/10

Smackdown's match with Rey Mysterio, and Kof Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio and Kane is up next. Match starts with Kane and Kofi. Kane dominating for the most part. Kofi takes out the knee. Del Rio gets tagged in. Del Rio with a snapmere/drop kick. Kofi gets an Elbow as he tags in Rey to a loud pop. Double team maneuver. Kane gets in and dominates Rey this time. 619 attempt fails and both knocked to the floor. Kofi suicide dive to Del Rio with Rey attacking Kane. after domination of Kofi, Rey gets the hot tag in. Drop of dime to Kane as Rey does some amaziong maneuvers. Mysterio goes for springboard only to be big booted out to the floor. Back from the break as Del Rio is taking it to Rey. Mysterio huge kick to Del Rio. Kane in. Rey with a DDT as he tags Kofi. Kofi with a huge springboard crossbody. He has an ass load of momentum....nevermind. Del Rio stops it. Del Rio shoves Kane as Kane big boots Del Rio and Kane walks out. 619, Trouble in Paradise for the win. Very very very great match here. Kane giving the rub to the young guys and this match was obviously setting up for the Royal Rumble. Nice match. Match Rating- 8/10

Next match on Smackdown is the Main Event! Rated RKO- Randy Orton and World Heavyweight Champion Edge take on Dolph Ziggler and The Miz. So pumped for this match. Please don't dissapoint me guys. Match starts out with Dolph/Orton. Lock up as Dolph is acting very agressive. Massive Clothesline from Orton as he takes control. Miz runs as Randy chases him. Miz/Edge back and forth. Orton gets in and is orgasming massively. Back from break as Dolph is once again acting agressive towards Orton. Miz headlock on Orton. Edge builds momentum. Edge goes for Spear but is distracted by Riley. Edge O'Matic. Doloh goes for Zig Zag only to be speared! Great main event here. Nice seeing Dolph getting huge heat from the crowd. Nice. Match Rating- 7.5/10

Wasn't the greatest week. But I loved the action from each show. They're obviously setting up for the Rumble which is fine with me I guess. However, I was really into iMPACT! This week. So that may influence my decision.

Match of the Week- Max Buck vs Amazing Red vs. Chris Sabin

Steaming off the Royal Rumble PPV, WWE was phenomenal this week. They weren't alone, TNA saw the arrival of 'They' who turned out to be Fourtune. A great week for any right minded wrestling fan.

WWE Royal Rumble

Edge vs Dolph Ziggler. We start out this week at WWE's 24th annual Royal Rumble PPV. We saw the World Heavyweight Title defended in a singles match featuring the challenger Dolph Ziggler and World Heavyweight Champion, Edge. This match is a fantastic way for Dolph Ziggler to showcase his ability. There is a strong possibility Dolph will be holding a title by this time next year. The match starts out with the basic lock up/headlock and whatnot with Edge getting full control afterward. Edge gets knocked to the floor and crawls back in for a two count. Dolph goes for a shoulder jawbreaker then the leg drop face buster only to be countered by Edge into a Powerbomb. A cross body then another two count. Fameasser finally connects and gets a two. Edge goes for Spear but Vickie bitches and Dolph pulls out the Sleeper. Edge has a sharpshooter in and Vickie pulls ref out of the ring and Kelly Kelly takes her down. Edge is distracted and Dolph gets Zig Zag! One, Two...Edge rolls the shoulder up. Edge fights out of the Sleeper hold and hits a jawbreaker I believe, and the ref is down. Edge hits the spear and Killswitch (Unprettier) for the win. Great match this was. Edge did a wonderful job of putting over Dolph in this match. I loved the ending, using the Killswitch to end the match. Phenomenal match. Match Rating- 8/10

Next, Ahhh the awesomeness of the Royal Rumble match. Guess who starts out? Cena and Orton, nope. Sheamus and Morrison, nope. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan...yep. Cum flowed all over my living room (Mark Out #1). Bryan is nailing some good ass shot and kicks and hits a big move from the top rope. Number 3 turns out to be Justin Gabriel. After a 450 miss, Bryan tosses him out with number four entrant Zack Ryder after about 20 seconds. William Regal gets in at number five to start it up woth Bryan. Dibiase is number 6-does shit. Morison is out at number seven and hits the flash kick. C4 to Bryan. Regal bumps Morrison out to the floo...oh wait. Some crazy ass Spider Man shit from Morrison (Mark Out #2). Yoshi, Husky Harris, Chavo, Mark Henry and JTG are numbers 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12. And finally Michael McGillicutty to help CM Punk out a bit. Masters is number 14. Otunga is number 15 to bring in four members of Nexus. Nexus wipes everyone out of the ring including Bryan and Morrison. The are alone. Tyler Reks is 16 and goes buh bye. Koslov is 17 and Truth is 18. Both out. Kahli is back but number 20, Mason Ryan takes him out. Booker Fucking T is in at 21 as a big pop blows the roof completely off (mark out #3). Siscors kick to Otunga and e get a spinaroni. Booker is out.

Cena is out at 22. Hornswaggle is out along with Tyson Kidd for numbers 23 and 24. Ehh, a little comedy which I didn't care for. 25th, 26th and 27th go to Slater, Kofi, Swagger. Swagger does the splash to both Kofi and Cena. Cross Body nails Swagger. Sheamus is number 28 as he cleans house. Buh bye Horny. Rey is 29 and does his usual flips and shit. Wade is 30. Dolph Ziggler is 31 and 32 is Deisel (mark out #4). Desiel eventually is eliminated by a guy he doesn't respect in Wade Barrett. 34 is Riley, 35 is Big Show and 36 is Zeke. Zeke slams Show as he eliminates him. WOW! Santino is 37 and 38 is Del Rio. He takes his sweet time getting to the ring as number 39 Randy Orton comes outs. RKO to everyone as Drew, Sheamus and Kofi are out. And number 40--oh my fucking god its....KANE??! I hated this. The past few years we've seen guys like Cena or Edge return to a massive pop. Kane was a total let down. Kane goes out by Rey and Rey is out by Barrett. Riley distracts Cena as Miz eliminates Cena. Del Rio eliminates Orton. He thinks it over as Santino goes for the Cobra. No go. Del Rio is the winner (Mark Out #5)!!! Wow, hard to write and my notes were terrible. Nonetheless, a very great unpredictable Rumble Match. Del Rio winning proives how much the WWE are pushing young guys to the top. Del Rio would make a great World Champion. Match Rating- 10/10!

WWE RAW

RAW was a great show, Headlining the event was the RAW Rumble. 90 seconds between each entrant. Whoever wins this match, faces The Miz at Elimination Chamber.the rest will make up the participants in the Chamber itself. Starts out with Sheamus and Morrison. Headlock takeover and arm bar. Traditional start up. The Irish Curse slows down Morrison as Cena is third. Cena straight for Sheamus as he eats a facebuster, fishermans suplex. Attitude Adjustment is reversed into an Enziguri. Morrison working on Sheamus as Punk is number four. Punk enters and does the shining wizard/knee to cena. Cena hits a Belly to Belly on Sheamus-- his 6th move (lol). Truth is number 6 and is straight for Cena and is looking really Good! Morrison and Truth are sent to the apron. They both do a Shawn Michaels like pull up back into the ring which Truth massively fails! 6 is king. CM Punk hides as 7 enters which is Randy Orton. Orton is going Crazy. Punk eliminated as Truth eliminates Orton. He's orgasming again outside...Morrison sent to apron. Gets knocked down, what the fuck. It seems gravity has just failed. Morrison hangs by his feet. That motherfucker, I hate how he can do that shit but I cant. STF on Sheamus as Morrison hits the Starship Pain/Elbow to Cena.Bro Kick to Morrison and he's out. Cena goes for FU to Sheamus. Lawler eliminates Cena and Cena helps to Eliminate Sheamus. Aweosme match here. I'm perfectly fine with Lawler getting a championship shot here. With the rumours of retirment, its a great way to go out. Match Rating- 9/10

TNA iMPACT!

I loved iMPACT this week no doubt, but, there was nothing that I can even consider match of the week here. Great show though.

WWE Smackdown

Drew McIntyre vs. Kofi Kingston. Both start out as Kofi is moving fast here. Drew rolls Kofi through and goes for pin. Drew is very agressive. Fast paced action as Kofi leaps and rolls and hits and flying Elbow. Kofi goes for arm bar and Drew rolls through. Nice technical work from both men. Counters and knocks Kofi down. Kofi gets a kick in the corner and goes up for a High Cross Body but lands on his feet. Kofi into the stairs. Drew back with a submission. Drew counters Kofi into a Gut Buster. More shots to the ribs. Nice ass Drop Kick from McIntyre. Huge DDT to Drew. Firing up with the Boom Drop. Trouble in Paradise misses and Alberto comes on Screen. Scott Drop and McIntyre wins. Awesome match. Who the fuck said Kofi suck? I'm liking the new Drew McIntyre. I believe he's in the Elimination Chamber. That leaves Kofi to face Del Rio I guess?? Match Rating- 7/10

Edge and Kelly Kelly vs Dolpoh Ziggler and Lay-Cool. This handicap match is for the World Heavyweight Championship. Keely Kelly and Layla are fine as fuck! Dolph and Edge start it out...oh wait. Vickie is saying the spear is illegal and he'll be stripped of the title. Dolph being agressive. Hard hitting already. Edge gets an elbow and back body drop to Dolph. Tag to Lay-Cool. Michelle McCool is in means Kelly is in. "Kelly Kelly is defending the World Heavyweight Champion" says Matthews. Wow, it hasn't really sunk in until now. Back from the break as McCool is beating the shit out of Kelly. Kelly with a headsissors choke in the corner. Kelly is being really agressive. Big slap to McCool. Layla is in. Facebuster to Layla as Michelle knocks out Layla on an accident. Spear by Kelly Kelly as she beats Layla. Wow! lol. Good match here, I somewhat think the Divas slowed it down again. But when's the last time we'll see Divas main eventing a major WWE show? Lol good match that progresses the Ziggler/Edge storyline. Match Raing- 7/10

Hamler's Match of the Week- 2011 Royal Rumble

Great Breakdown as always Hamler and I can see why someone would pick the Royal Match I'm going to go to with a different Match that happened at the Rumble. My Match of The Week is Ziggler vs Edge I though that this was a Great Match and an Awesome way to kick off the Rumble PPV the match was fanatsic and I would probably have it in the **** or ****1/2 star match. The Match started slow but built to a Good Middle portion and a Fantastic Finishing Sequence with Edge using the KillSwitch to pick up the win. Great Match and it gets my pick for MOTW.

Great Breakdown as always Hamler and I can see why someone would pick the Royal Match I'm going to go to with a different Match that happened at the Rumble. My Match of The Week is Ziggler vs Edge I though that this was a Great Match and an Awesome way to kick off the Rumble PPV the match was fanatsic and I would probably have it in the **** or ****1/2 star match. The Match started slow but built to a Good Middle portion and a Fantastic Finishing Sequence with Edge using the KillSwitch to pick up the win. Great Match and it gets my pick for MOTW.

I know you're an ROH fan Joe so I'm wondering, did you see the TV title match Daniels and Edwards had on HDNet this week?

GREAT week for wrestling. Two great Dragon Gate USA iPPVs, an awesome Rumble, and a great week of television. These are the three matches that stuck out though:

WWE
Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler (Royal Rumble 2011)

Everyone has already mentioned this one, but I'd be remiss to leave it out. Probably the first serious candidate for a 2011 Match of the Year, that crowd so red hot I thought I was watching Tully Blanchard take out Magnum TA's knee in the Greensboro Coliseum for a moment. Hot crowd, tons of near falls, nice and long, just a fantastic match and probably the best singles match Edge has had since his 'Mania match against Jericho last year. ****1/4

ROH
Eddie Edwards vs. Christopher Daniels (ROH on HDNet 1/31/11)

Awesome TV title match here on HDNet this week, Daniels and Edwards both looked phenomenal as they wrestled to a 15 minute time limit draw only to have both men agree to an additional 5 minutes. Daniels got the win with seconds left and ended Edwards nearly year-long TV title reign. Awesome match, hope to see a rematch down the line. ***3/4

Dragon Gate USA
Masato Yoshino/PAC vs. Naruki Doi/Ricochet (United: Philly iPPV 1/29/11)

Another early candidate for match of the year, PAC and Ricochet put on a fucking superhuman performance, flying around like pinballs on speed. Seriously, if you love high-flying action, go find this match IMMEDIATELY because it was balls-to-the-wall awesome from start to finish. Best Dragon Gate USA match in a long time. ****1/4

I'd probably lean towards Edge/Ziggler for my match of the week as well, simply because of the star-making performance from Ziggler.

I know you're an ROH fan Joe so I'm wondering, did you see the TV title match Daniels and Edwards had on HDNet this week?

Yeah I saw the Match between Daniels and Edwards I thought it was a Phenomenal Match and I think it might be the Best Match I've seen from Daniels since his return to ROH and if its not his Best I would put in the Top 3 It is definielty my second favorite match of the week 3rd being the YOSHINO/Pac vs Doi/Ricochet at the Dragon Gate iPPV. My only problem I had with Daniels Edwards was not the actual action of the match but going into the match I knew Daniels was going to win the Belt because of the way ROH tapes their HD net shows other than that I thought it was a Really Good Match

I'm gonna have to go with the Royal Rumble match this time. It had a lot of great moments, as well as some funny and cool spots like John Morrisons save on the barricade, Hornswoggle giving the AA to Tyson Kidd and Booker T / Kevin Nash making their returns to a WWE ring.

Either way, it was just the overall most enjoyable match of the week, perhaps the year thus far. So I think it should definitely get the victory this week.

A honorable mention would have to be, like Xfear noted, would have to be Dolph Ziggler vs Edge, which was a pretty good match, even though it didn't really seem like anything of a show stealer. Can't deny the ending being great though, with the Killswitch for the victory.

Nothing too great from this week, from a wrestling stand point anyways. So forgive me if I don't do my usual layout and whatnot. Nothing from RAW is worth mentioning at this point, and nothing from TNA really stood out enough for me to mention. Smackdown, like always, had some good matches.

TNA iMPACT!
iMPACT!'s main event consisted of Kurt Angle and AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy and Jeff Jarrett in tag team action. The match starts out with a headlock takedown by Angle to Hardy to start it off. Early belly-to-belly overhead suplex from Angle. It looked like Hardy was tossed into Jarrett's direction causing Jarrett to get tagged in but Jarrett doesn't enter the ring. Jarrett gets in when Styles is in a prone position but once Angle gets tagged in, Jarrett rushes out of the ring. Hardy grounds Angle and Jarrett is tagged in as Angle is on the defense. Angle avoids a clothesline and then a kick from Jarrett and we get a tease at the ankle lock. Hardy interferes. Hardy is in hammering on Angle. Hardy is going to the top rope but takes a while. This gives Angle time to counter. Both men are down and we get a double tag when they get to their feet. AJ wants the Styles Clash but Jarrettgets out of that. Pele kick. Angle comes in and suplexes Hardy. The Angle Slam on Jarrett but Jarrett slides out of the ring. Angle chases him into a springboard forearm. Styles pins Jarrett. Great match. The Jeff/Kurt angle is really awesome and this match shows it. Great heel work from from Jerrett aswell.Match Rating- 6.5/10

Friday Night Smackdown

First match tonight, Alberto Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston. Yeah, I liked this one. Having Kofi going up against the highly likely future World Heavyweight Champion smells like the beginning of a push. Let's cross our fingers. Del Rio starts the match with a low kick and starts punching and kicking Kofi while he is on the ground. Kof fires back with a simular attack and stomps a mud hole in Del Rio. Kofi misses a corner drop kick and Del Rio hits a big back breaker for a one count. Del Rio puts Kingston in a rear choke. But Kofi powers out just to be thrown down by his hair. Alberto puts Kofi in a cross face maneuver. Del Rio misses a drop kick and falls out of the ring but lands on his feet. As he gets back in the ring Kofi starts building momentum and then hits the Double Leg Drop. Kofi to the top rope and hits a really high cross body for a 2 count. Kof hits the SOS but Del Rio grabs the ropes to stop the possibly 3 count. Kofi measures Del Rio but misses the Trouble in Paradise and chases Del Rio out of the ring. Alberto slams Kofi's arm against the steel steps and then throws him back into the ring. Alberto makes Kofi tap with the Crosss Armbreaker. I wish the match had gone oin a bit longer. Iot wouldn't have hurt to have Kofi get some offense but whatever. Good match nonetheless. Match Rating- 7/10

Up next is Wade Barrett vs. Rey Mysterio. These two have never met in the ring and its actually refreshing to see this match. Perhaps why I liked it so much. Barrett starts the match with a kick that floors Rey and he begins to stomp away on him. Rey tries to pick up the pace but Wade stops Mysterio's momentum with a high knees. After a strong whip into the turnbuckle Wade gets a 2 count. Mysterio goes to the top rope but Wade hits him and he gets stuck upside down and Barrett stomps away. Wade tries to hit a clothes line but Rey pulls down the top rope and Barrett falls out of the ring. Commercial. When we come back Rey is trying to fight back but Wade has him down with a arm sufboard like submission. Rey rolls out of the move and hits a spring board cross body for a 2 count. Rey tries to hit a second rope cross body but Wade catches him. Rey fights away from Wade and hits him from the top and the pace begins to quicken. Rey hits Wade with a Buzzsaw like kick for a two count. Barrett goes for the Wasteland but it is fought out of and Wade counters back with a slam. 619 attempted but Justin Gabriel makes the save. Wade hits the Wasteland to end it. Two fresh main eventers going at it in a very solid match from both guys. Match Rating- 8/10

Last match is Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship with Vickie as the referee. Dolph rolls up Edge for a really fast 2 count to start out. The two lock up and Edge pushes Dolph into the corner and starts beating on him. Vicky pulls him off but Dolph does the same thing and Vicky lets it go. Another really fast 2 count. Dolph picks Edge up by the hair and then hits a neck breaker. Dolph tries to use the sleeper hold but Edge stops him and hits the Edgecution. Dolph gets back up and hits a drop kick. Edge counters a second rope axe handle smash with a flap jack which was fucking awesome. Edge starts to build momentum with two big clothes lines Dolph stops the momentum with a jaw breaker but Edge counters a Zig Zag with a Impaler DDT. Vicky count to 2 and then puts Ziggler's foot on the rope. Dolph hits the Fame-Asser for another 2 count. Edge ducks a clothes line and hits a running forearm. Vicky wants the Spear... She tries it on Edge and “twists” her ankle. While a ring side doctor is checking Vicky's ankle Edge hits the Spear but there is no other ref Edge blatantly hits a Spear right in front of Vicky and Clay Mathews of the Green Bay Packers comes down in a ref outfit and gives Edge the 3 count. HUGE pops for Matthews.Vickie bitches. Wow, actually pretty damn solid. Fuck the screwy pin attempts and the finish, the match was better than some of their others. Phenomenal match to end the week. Match Rating- 8.5/10

Hamler's Match of the Week- Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler

Match Of The Week

WWE Monday Night Raw Standouts
Jerry The King Lawler & Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz & Ted DiBiase - This was easily the best match on a heavily storylined and promo filled Raw. It was a fun & entertaining 10 minute tag team match that did a good job of further hyping interest in the WWE Championship match at the EC ppv. Lawler did a good job of holding his own in the match and since he was never a very technical guy in the ring & avoided a lot of major injury, he's probably as overall capable in a match now as he was 30 years ago. It was also good to see Daniel Bryan involved in something that had some relevance to it instead of seeing him bogged down with Divas. Here's hoping that it's a sign that the WWE is going to get back on track with him. Bryan got himself a decent rub by teaming with a legend and more than holding his own against the reigning WWE Champion. Lawler gets the win over DiBiase, which works because DiBiase's stock is pretty low at the moment and was really the only one that a loss wouldn't hurt here.

WWE Superstars Standouts
Natalya vs. Alicia Fox - This was a really good Diva match with two women that can work well inside the ring. At 7 minutes, it's one of the longer women's matches I've seen on tv in a while. It was a good, back and forth competitive match. The outcome was pretty obvious since Natalya has a rematch for the WWE Divas Championship this Monday on Raw and she got the win via the Sharpshooter. There was a slight botch on the vertical suplex Natalya used but nothing major.

TNA iMPACT! Standouts
Kurt Angle & AJ Styles vs. Jeff Jarrett & Jeff Hardy - This was a fun tag team main event on iMPACT! that featured a good amount of star power in TNA. It also went roughly 15 minutes, which was a nice change as matches that go 10 minutes or more on iMPACT! have become something of a rarity. Some good storytelling went on during the match between Jarrett & Angle as they did some last minute hype for their match at Against All Odds. This was also AJ Styles' first match since injuring his hip and his first as a face in close to a year. Styles looked good and having him pick up the clean pinfall victory for his team was a nice touch.

WWE Friday Night SmackDown! Standouts
Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio - Very solid 5 minute match that could've been great if it'd gotten about another 5 minutes or so. I'm hoping that this match was a sample of what we could get later on from these two as I think they'd have a good feud. Kofi hit a lot of his key offense in the match and looked good against Del Rio. Del Rio did get a clean victory with the armbar submission, which was expected as it was the right call. He's the #1 contender for the WHC after all and they've done a good job of building up Del Rio's armbar as an "unbeatable" submission hold. There's good chemistry between these two and I hope to see a program between them later on down the line.

Rey Mysterio vs. Wade Barrett - I enjoyed this match a lot and thought it was a fun mesh of styles. Mysterio hit some of his signature spots and Barrett looked resilient against the former World Champion. I think the match could have been better but, overall, it was a quality 10.5 minute match. Barrett scored a needed win here over Mysterio and it was actually clean when you get right down to it. Mysterio kicked Justin Gabriel off of the apron as he provided a bit of a distraction but there was no real interference. Barrett hit Wasteland for a good credibility building win for both himself and The Corre.

Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler - Another good match to close the show with but it wasn't as good as their singles match at the Royal Rumble. I enjoyed it, both of them looked strong and continue to show that they have good chemistry together, but I think the special referee stipulation sort of took attention away from the match. Vickie Guerrero as the cheating ref did overshadow things a little. Having Chad Matthews come down and make a 3 count on Ziggler was a great touch and sent the fans home quite happy. The crowd was hot for the match but I'm hoping that this is the last match Ziggler has for the title for a while. This makes the third WHC match that Ziggler has lost against Edge and I think they need to cool it before it gets stale.

Match Of The Week - Rey Mysterio vs. Wade Barrett - I probably enjoyed this match more overall than any other match this week. I was surprised to see Barrett pull out what can be considered a clean victory over Rey Mysterio. Barrett spent so much time feuding against John Cena in the second half of 2010 that he hasn't really had all that much of a chance at spreading his wings and going after many other big names. The Corre is a brand new faction and they've scored several credibility bolstering wins with this one as probably the most impressive. I can't really argue against Edge vs. Ziggler, it's just that we all knew the outcome and the gimmick stipulation took too much attention from the wrestlers and put it on Vickie.

Wow, awesome week this week. RAW kicked total ass even before The Rock showed up. With a great opening, and at least 3 great matches, RAW took this week for show of the week.

TNA Against All Odds

We start out the week with TNA's annual PPV Against All Odds. While many did not care for this PPV, you have to admit, it did have a couple good matches. First Match, Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett. If Angle won, he would've received custody of his kids. If Jarrett wons, Angle would have to walk Karen down the aisle. They start out normal technical stuff. Angle baits Jarrett into a back suplex and takes control on the mat. The action goes to the floor where Karen slaps Angle. Angle punches Jarrett repeatedly as Karen watches on in disgust. In the ring, Angle avoids a charge and spears the ringpost. Jarrett throws him shoulder-first into the guardrail and takes over in the ring. Jarrett goes up top but Angle suplexes him. Both men are down. They trade punches and Angle hits a belly to belly suplex. He applies an ankle lock but Jarrett quickly escapes. Angle hits the three german suplexes but gets caught by an enzuigiri.

Jarrett goes for the Stroke but finds himself in an ankle ock. Angle hits the Angle Slam. A distraction from Karen allows Jarrett to sneak in a low blow. Jarrett hits the Stroke for a two. He goes for another one but Angle accidentally pushes him into the referee. They fight on the floor where Jarrett tosses Angle into the ring steps. Jarrett grabs a chair but Angle blocks the shot. Angle goes to use the chair but the referee takes it away from him. Jarrett tries a quick rollup to he kicks out. A distraction from Karen allows Jarrett to hit the Stroke from the middle rope for another two count. Angle with a german suplex and applies an ankle lock. Karen enters the ring and stops the referee from seeing Jarrett tapping. Jarrett hits Angle with a chair and covers for a nearfall...again. Jarrett turns an ankle lock into a rollup for the victory. Pretty damn good but Karen interference got in the way of this match. I get they are trying to make Jarrett a true heel but he could've achieved this without Karen at ringside.Match Rating- 7/10

Next match, Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy for the TNA World Championship. We've seen theses two have a pretty good rivalry in the past. Let's see if they can do the same on a PPV. We start as Anderson dodges a charge and Hardy collides with a ladder. Hardy responds by hitting a neckbreaker onto the l adder. Anderson stops him from climbing and hits a neckbreaker of his own. Hardy connects with a mule kick and a corner dropkick. He uses the ladder to deliver a low blow. Anderson hits a russian leg sweep onto the ladder and uses another ladder to climb. They battle on top of a ladder and Hardy hits a sunset bomb. Hardy leapfrogs over a ladder but misses the signature flying leg drop. They trade reversals and Hardy back drops Anderson onto a adder. He takes control until Anderson throws a ladder at him.

Hardy whips Anderson into the ring steps and sends him into the front row. He hip tosses Anderson over the guardrail and onto the concrete floor. In the ring Anderson hits a suplex onto a ladder and begins to climb. Hardy stops him and hits the Twist of Fate Hate. Anderson responds with a roll onto the ladder but misses a swantan. Each man climbs a separate ladder. Anderson goes for the Mic Check but falls to the ring. Hardy loses his balance and falls off his ladder as well. Hardy quickly climbs the ladder again and retrieves the belt to become the new TNA World Champion. Nice main event without being anything special to save the show. They were able to put on a few unique ladder spots and managed to avoid anyshitty moments. The finish was anticlimactic but I'm glad we got no stupid screwy finishes. Match Rating- 7/10

Monday Night RAW

Wow, what a great RAW. First match of the nigh, we saw CM Punk vs. John Cena. A phenomenal exchange of words begins the show as they lock up with Cena getting the advantage. Cena goes straight into the ring post and rolls to the apron. Punk nails a clotheline. As we take a commercial we see Punk in control. Back from the break with CM Punk dominating once again. After a few quick pins, Punk goes for a very nice body scissors submission. Cena freakishly outpowers Punk and goes straight for STF but Punk gets out on top agaion. Jabs and quick chop like kicks to Cena. Cena firing up. 2 Shoulderblocks, Spin Powerbomb, and "You can't see me". Attitude Adjustment but Punk reverses into a Calf Kick. Another Body Scissors. John Cena outpowers the move once again into the Electric Chair position. Cena gets a very well executed Gutwrench and goes to the top. Cena gets knocked up and Punk delivers a High Knee/Facebuster combo but Cena reverses the Facebuster but is stopped by Punk's Swinging Neck Breaker. GTS into a Crucifix cover. Punk with a fucking kick to Cena's head. Punk goes up top to deliver a Cross Body but Cena rolls through. AA once again reversed. A member of New Nexus is under the ring with a chair and hands it to Punk. Punk launches it into the ring and the ref fetches the chair as Punk gets a wrench and GTS for the win. A very nice match with a very nice ending. We saw very little domination from Cena which is always great to see. Both men did a fantastic job here. Match Rating- 8.5/10

Next match here is the United States Champion vs. WWE Champion. Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz. Typical lock up blah blah blah. Arm drags and and arm locks takes Miz down. Huge drop kick. Bryan goes for a Naked Choke. Miz gets to the ropes quickly. Head lock from the Miz slows the pace. Daniel Bryan gets out and starts to build momentum. Drop kick to the corner. Miz rolls outside of the ring. Bryan goes to the apron and tackles Miz. Daniel Bryan with a drop kick. Daniel goes to the top to deliver a fucking huge HUGE drop kick to the Miz. Atempt at a Labelle Lock ends with a rope break. Miz fucking kills DB with a hanging Neckbreaker using the ropes. Miz in total control. Superplex attempt reversed into a rolling powerbomb to Miz. Miz rolls Bryan for a near fall. Huge kick like chops to Miz. German suplex to Miz. DB nails another kick. WOW! Electric chair position into a Skull Crushing Finale from the WWE Champion. These two have amazing chemistry and I would love a proper feud between the two sometime soon at the main event level. A phenomenal match this was. The match rating was very high for me, sorry if you don't agree. Match Rating- 9.5/10

Last match, a match which very few liked, but I for one loved it. King Sheamus vs. Randy Orton. Agressive lock up. Sheamus clubs away at Orton. Orton gets the upper hand as he stomps away. Misses the Knee Drop and Sheamus hammers away. Orton with a Backbreaker. Sheamus with more massive clubs to the chest. Hernandez like flying shoulder block to Randy Orton. Randy builds momentum. Irish Cure stops that momentum. Superplex to Randy. After stalling Randy hits and Rko to end it there. A solid match but these two need to stay away from each other. They've feuded way to much for a young Sheamus. Average match with a weird ending. Match Rating- 6/10

WWE NXT

This is the first time I believe I included a match from NXT. NXT's main event saw the United States Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Derrick Bateman. I've never seen Bateman in the ring before but dammit he impressed me. I don't usually watch NXT but after heaing how great the match was I had to youtube that shit. Didn't take notes for the match so I copied and pasted this from the main page. They followed the code of honor and Ziggler called them out on it. The pros made stupid comments throughout the match which consisted of a 3 minute arm bar spot to start. Bateman finally shoved Bryan to the floor and hit a suicide dive. Back from commercial as Bryan hits a clothesline for two. He continued to put a clinic on with Bateman and went to the top. He posed and missed the flying head-butt. Bateman hit a vicious clothesline for a near fall, and followed with a powerbomb out of a kickout for another near fall. Bryan hit a superkick and walked over to Bateman. Bateman grabbed the arm and tried to hook the LaBell lock. They rolled around for a moment and Bryan flipped over and hooked the LaBell lock for the submission win. Unique finish. Match Rating- 7/10

Friday Night Smackdown!

The first match, while good, was a major cluster fuck. Half way through the show we saw WWE Champion The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston who is the Intercontinental Champion. The two lock up. Reverseing rear holds. Headlock irish whip into a shoulder block from Miz. Take down by Kingston. Three standing Cross Body near falls to Miz. Kofi building momentum. Miz stops momentum. Miz in control. Kofi battles out as Miz stops him once again as we go to another commercial. Back with Miz suplexing Kofi. Swinging surfboard reversals. Kofi gets out with a roll up. Kofi with kicks and punches. A nice standing Hurricanrana to Miz. Kofi up top into a HUGE cross body. Kofi goes for a flying clotheline but Miz gets the Neckbreaker/Back Breaker combo. Kofi firing up. Boom Drop from Kofi! Trouble in Paradiose but Alberto comes out and interrupts it. Roll up from Miz on a distracted Kofi. Kofi reverses the roll up into one of his own. Kofi is once again distracted and Skull Crushing Finale to Kofi for a Miz win. Nice solid match. Miz has definitely improved as of late. I don't know if its his opponents or himself, but Miz has really stepped his game up. Great job this week from Miz by putting over two midcard Champions in Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston. Match Rating- 6.5/10

Hamler's Match of the Week- The Miz vs. Daniel Bryan

Not too bad of a week for the average Wrestling fan. WWE's annual Eliminatioin Chamber PPV was a phenomenal event.

WWE Elimination Chamber

Pretty much everything on the card was worth the pay. First up was an exhibition match between Kofi Kingston and Alberto Del Rio. Alberto just using this match as a little build up to Wrestlemania to make him look good. Even though it was totally predictable, the match was still a good showing. Why the hell is Kofi getting less reaction than Del Rio? And it's not just any reaction, but more cheers. Wow. They start off pretty basic. Del Rio takes advantage of a distracted Kofi but eats a nice high dropkick. Kofi goes for a submission but Alberto rolls to the outside. Inside the ring, Kofi is sent to the apron and Del Rio throws him into the ring post. Another toss to the ring steps, rolls him in and covers him.

Del Rio works over the injured ribs of Kofi as the crowd is having dueling chants. Kofi builds momentum with flying Elbows and finally ther Boom Drop. Trouble in Paradise, but Del Rio blocks. Kofi goes for a high ass cross body but Del Rio reverses with the knees. Kofi shoves him off and hits an amazing dropkick. Kofi with a nice flying DDT. With the ref distracted by Ricardo and Kofi can only get a two. Del Rio dodges a corner attack and hits a neckbreaker. He locks on the cross armbreaker and it's all over! Excellent match here between these two guy who have amazing chemistry. Only problem, Alberto did very little to work the arm of Kofi during the match. I have no problem with Kofi losing here as it is for a good cause. Alberto needed a god win to set him up for the World Heaveyweight Championship at Wrestlemania. Match Rating-8/10

Next up, we have the World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber with Edge vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Wade Barrett vs. Kane vs. Big Show. Big Show taking the recently 'released' Dolph Ziggler's spot in the Chamber. Edge & Rey are starting us off. Mysterio chops Edge's legs with nice kicks. Edge hits a flapjack. Rey hits a nice headscissors out of the corner but gets sent back first onto the steel on the outside. The two battle on the top with Mysterio hitting a super hurricanrana. Wade Barrett is out next. Boots to both Mysterio and Edge. They fight back together for a moment but Rey is sent sliding into the chains and Barrett drops Edge with a swinging sideslam. The three battle for a while with no one really gaining any momentum. Kane is out now. He beats the shit out of everyone. He builds momentum. Straight kick from Rey to stop him. Everyone is down after a few lariats. Drew McIntyre is out next. Drew tosses Rey headfirst into the glass. Edge kills Drew with the Edgacution. Big Show finally enters with tons of momentum.

Chops all around. Barrett is gone with the Knockout punch. Future Shock to Big Show! But he kicks out. Big Show to his feet as Rey hit a seated senton from the top of the pod thing. Awesome spot. A combination of a 619, Spear, and a Chockslam to take out Big Show. Drew is then eliminated by a chockslam from Kane. Spear to Kane. Before leaving, Kane lays out Edge and Rey. After getting up, Edge goes foir the Spear as Rey counters. Rey goes up top but is nailed with a sit down powerbomb. Sharp Shooter to Mysterio. Rolls through and Rey gets a two. Edge nails a sper but Rey Kicks out. 619 combo but Edge kicks out. Spear in mid air for the three thus, retaining the World Heavyweight Champion. This match was fuckion awesome. Probably the best Elimination Chamber I've yet to see. The selling of the pain proves the match needn't to be violent to be entertaining. This match rates almost perfect. Match Rating- 9.5/10

Last we have is the RAW Elimination Chamber consisting of John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. R-Truth vs. John Morrison vs. Sheamus vs. CM Punk. A huge Elimination Chamber with 6 of the biggest stars in the WWE. None other than John Morrison and Sheamus start things off. Sheamus hits a shoulder block to start us off as the crowd gets behind..uh...CM Punk. Sheamus slaps Morrison but Morrison attacks with rutheless agression. Over the top dive to Sheamus as he goes for the flash kick but Sheamus dodges. Morrison misses but lands on the chain walls and hits the flash kick. Holy shit. Haha! Orton enters orgasming everywhere. DDT to Sheamus on the steel. He stomps away. Orton with a Superplex. CM Punk is the fourth man inside but the door is jammed with Punk halfway through. Orton beats him down badly. RKO! What the mothfuck? I quit! Oh wait, GM says the selection thing was messed up. He's back in.

Irish Curse and Flash Kick on Orton. John Cena is next. Sheamus jumps him immediately. Cena fights him off and goes for an AA on the steel to Morrison but blocks it. They trade blows as Sheamus hits a slingshot double shoulderblock. Orton clotheslines him back inside. R-Truth is next out to kill the buzz. Oh nevermind, Sheamus with a Brogue Kick shortly after he enters. RKO to Cena on the steel. Brogue Kick to Orton but he kicks out. GTS to Orton and he's gone. Shining Wizards to Cena and Sheamus. Morrison is on top of the pod and crashes down to Sheamus to eliminate him. Punk locks in submission on Cena but Cena battles out. After Punk and Cena go at it for a while Morrison gets eliminated after a GTS. Attitude Adjustment on the steel for the three. Awesome match here but definitely not as great as the Smackdown one. John Cena winning here is expected and I think that took away from the match a bit. I was calling for Morrison but Cena was the better man. Morrison steels the show and without him, thios match wouldn't even be on my Match of the Week list. Thank you Morrison. Match Rating- 8/10

Hamler's Match of the Week- The Smackdown Elimination Chamber

Um, did I miss something? Or was this week totally dominated by WWE's Elimination Chamber PPV? Nothing from RAW, Smackdown, or iMPACT! drew enough attention from me to call it match of the week. All were actually pretty great shows, but the actual in ring action was horrid this week. Could've certainly been better. However, I seriously doubt any match would've beaten the Smackdown Elimination Chamber for my pick for match of the week. A phenomenal match with very little flaws. If you didn't see it, you're a dumbass.

The Match of the week was easily the Smackdown Chamber match. It may have been the best Chamber match since the first one. The spots were brutal, all 6 men worked hard and shined when given a chance, and the right man won. The exchange between Edge and Mysterio both in the beginning and the end of the match was phenomenal and both men sold like crazy for one another. Its certainly an early Match of the Year candidate. The only wrestler who waasn't given a chancxe to shine was Barrett, whose stock has apparently fallen since exiting Raw. He still played his part well, as did the over 5 men. McIntyre looked strong throughout the match, Kane looked dominant at times, and it rightfully took Big Show taking several finishers to be defeated. This match had high drama and when Rey kicked out of the spear I believed he had a legitimate chance to win this match. There were other solid matches such as the Raw chamber and Del Rio vs Kofi, but the Smackdown Chamber was definitively the best match of the week.

Not much of a week as far as in ring wrestling goes.

TNA iMPACT!

iMPACT! this week saw a phenomenal show. A very different feel. Somewhat of a live (even though taped) feel. Throughout the night, Hogan, Bischoff and Flair bicker about who exactly the 'Network' has chosen to face Jeff Hardy for the TNA Championship. It turns out to be Sting! Sting vs. Jeff Hardy for the TNA World Championship. Sting arrives with a huge pop from the crowd. The match starts with Sting right on the offense with clotheslines playing off the crowd. Sting goes for the Scorpion but Hardy ducks out. Hardy clubs Sting's back slowing the pace. He's kicking him in the corner and tries a suplex but Sting reverses into a Scorpion. Hardy struggles to the ropes to break the hold. He ducks out again, but Sting goes out after him as he suplexes him on the ramp. Sting runs Hardy into the railing a couple times. Stinger Splash attempt on the rails but Hardy moves.

Jeff Hardy is back in control of the match again and locks in a headlock. Hardy tries to club away but Sting beats his chest...vintage! Scorpion Death Drop gets a very very very close pin fall. Another missed Stinger Splash, and Hardy goes to the ropes. Sting crotches him and then drops him with a Death Drop. Sting drags him to the center of the ring and does the Scorpion Death Drop one more time. Sting gets the pinfall and he is now the new TNA World Champion. This match wasn't the greatest. It wasn't a classic. In fact... if you watched it on mute, it would've been quite boring. But the crowd just fell in love with the match as they cheered for Jeff and Sting almost equally. This match proved just how much a crowd is needed to have a successful match. Match Rating- 7.5/10.

Friday Night Smackdown!

Smackdown started off right with an Edge promo talking about Vickie's firing last week. Drew rushes the ring and Teddy makes the match. Edge vs. Drew McIntyre. They start off quick and agressive with Edge getting the upper hand in the corner. Edge misses the shoulder block into the ring post as Drew works on Edge's arm. Drew uses the ropes and ring apron to work Edge's arm, now into a submission. Edge fights his way out as a Big Boot nails Edge. Now outside, Drew slams Edge's arm against the announce table as he throws him back in. Drew then rips off the tape on Edge's elbow and back into the arm submission. Edge rolls outside and back body drops Drew. He throws Drew back in as he goes to the top. Edge nails a high crossbody. Edge catches the boot of Drew spins him around and Spears him. Edge goes for the pin but pulls up the shoulder. He then locks in the Edgucator for the win. We saw a pretty much even match throughout. Drew had his fair share of offensive maneuvers against the Heavyweight Champion which is deffinitely good. Edge winning with the Edgucator shows Alberto Del Rio he can too, make someone tap. Nice, quick way to start off Smackdown. Match Rating- 7.5/10.

Hamler's Match of the Week- Drew McIntyre vs. Edge

Uh, I guess so. Sting vs. Jeff Hardy was a nice match. A match in which the crowd was very into. However, if given just five more minutes, the match would've been better. Sting, hot off a nice return, basically dominated the TNA World Champion. Edge vs Drew McIntyre wins this one because of the balance of offense throughtout the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back