UFC 133 Rashad Evans vs Tito Ortiz 2 Live Duscussion.

Rashad has been my favorite fighter for a while and I couldn't be happier to see him avenge one of just two fights in his career that he hasn't won. He seems to get better with every fight and I think he has a good shot at beating Jon Jones assuming Jones takes out Rampage, which I believe he will.

I'm with JMT, that was the best overall performance Rashad has put on ever. I was hoping Tito would pick up the win so badly, and I was marking out when he got the Guillotine in, but tonight showed that Tito will never get near a title shot again.

Still though, it's going to be hard for Rashad to beat a guy who is much better than him at everything in MMA.

Akiyama needs to go down to 170. Great performance by Vitor, who I think should get the winner of Leben vs. Munoz.

Rashad has been my favorite fighter for a while and I couldn't be happier to see him avenge one of just two fights in his career that he hasn't won. He seems to get better with every fight and I think he has a good shot at beating Jon Jones assuming Jones takes out Rampage, which I believe he will.

Agreed.

Rashad without Greg Jackson game-planing for him looked fucking ferocious. Plus he's probably juicing it up with Big Foot Silva, which doesn't hurt either. ;)

Seriously though, 'Shad looked fantastic. If the UFC signs Dan Henderson, I'd love to see Rashad vs. Hendo next.

Still though, it's going to be hard for Rashad to beat a guy who is much better than him at everything in MMA.

When you really look at it though man, you can't say that with 100% conviction.

I mean, wrestling wise, we really don't know who's better between the two, and the same goes for stand-up. Jones may be better at both, but it's not a guarantee. And Jiu-Jitsu wise you have to give the edge to Rashad since he's a black belt.

If it happens, I think 'Shad vs. Jones will be a closer fight than most people expect.

Akiyama needs to go down to 170.

Agreed.

Great performance by Vitor, who I think should get the winner of Leben vs. Munoz.

Vitor vs. Leben would be incredible.

I think leaving Greg Jackson's camp was a blessing in disguise. He still has all of his old training instilled in him plus now he has a new camp where he is obviously learning even more and improving as a fighter. He hadn't fought in over a year and didn't miss a beat.

Evans looked great. I'll admit it and he was even humble in victory, or at least as humble as he can be. Sad to see Tito lose. He looked decent, threw some great knees and the guillotine was sick but not sick enough. I was yelling so hard when he got that choke in and my heart broke when Shad's head popped out of it. Oh well, that is MMA. Great performance by Evans.

My boy Vitor looked amazing tonight. I would seriously love to see him fight the winner of Munoz/Leben or even Brian Stann. Belfort will always be a personal favorite of mine.

Vitor vs. Stann would be great. I'll be sure to try to order a replay, or try to find somewhere were I can watch these fights.

Also, why's everyone counting out Rampage vs. Jones? Obviously Jones runs Rampage into the ground in every category except striking, but I'm not ready to count out Rampage in this fight. I feel like he does have some chance, and it would be great to see him with that belt again. Remember, he was really counted out vs Chuck Liddell as well, but look what happened with that.

Who's ready for ufc 134; man what a card that looks like.

On vacation but felt the need to pop in here. Congrats to Rashad, I hear he looked amazing. I also hear Tito didn't look terrible. The only other fight I cared about was Rory vs Pyle. Rory is a fucking BEAST. He's got a huge future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back