Triple H Vs The Internet World

LEGEND KILLER

Occasional Pre-Show
so i have been a constant visitor to wrestlezone over the years and 2 months or so ago joined wrestlezone forums....there is a ton of bashing towards HHH and its always something along the lines of he is banging the boss's daughter and thats why he is always in the main event picture etc, he has control etc...

here is my theory....

lets take a look at his wrestlemania record...

Ultimate Warrior pinned Hunter Hearst Helmsley
Hunter Hearst Helmsley pinned Goldust
WWF European Champ Hunter Hearst Helmsley pinned Owen Hart
Triple H over Big Show, Mick Foley, & The Rock
The Undertaker over Triple H
Triple H over Chris Jerico for the WWF Title
Triple H def. Booker T for the World Championship
Benoit over HHH and HBK to win the World Championship
Batista over Triple H for the WWE World Title
John Cena over Triple H for the WWE Title
Randy Orton over Triple H/John Cena in a Triple Threat
Triple H over Randy Orton for the WWE Title

that equals a 6 win 6 loss record....he went on a 4 year losing streak in the main event...losing to Randy Orton last year, John Cena the previous, Batista and Chris Benoit respectivly....He made Batista a main eventer, he helped Cena by giving him the belt, he helped Orton....

He is a 13 time world champ...do you all remember he was already in the main event picture before he married Stephanie? He wrestled through that nasty quad injury a few years ago on raw....he is to me 1 of the most dedicated wrestlers of all time...he lives, sleeps and breaths the business...he just gets it....

so i ask internet world do you think you have been harsh on HHH...if he had not married Stephanie and stayed in WWE all these years do you really think he wouldnt have become this huge?

I think he would have been just fine....look at the roster who is better than him? if you can name somebody i am sure you cant name many....

let me know....and ps this is my first official thread...enjoy

I like Trips and respect him...he's totally dedicated. My only issue is that, unlike some of his peers (e.g. HBK, Big Show, 'Taker, Kane etc) he doesn't seem as willing to put others over (a recent example would be the burial of Legacy on Raw a few weeks ago). Further, he is always in the main event and while he's certainly nothing less than that level, it doesn't mean i want him in the spotlight all the time...let someone else have a go. So those are my main issues, obv people will make comments just because of his relationship with Steph but he was at/nearing top level before that...overall, he is good and is the total package but if it was just toned down a wee bit from time to time perhaps?....

As for some of the internet regulars, yeh some of them hound people to death and are only happiest when complaining...at the end of the day this is wrestling, entertainment and some can take it way too seriously..sit back and enjoy for what it is.....

so i have been a constant visitor to wrestlezone over the years and 2 months or so ago joined wrestlezone forums....there is a ton of bashing towards HHH and its always something along the lines of he is banging the boss's daughter and thats why he is always in the main event picture etc, he has control etc...

here is my theory....

lets take a look at his wrestlemania record...

Ultimate Warrior pinned Hunter Hearst Helmsley
Hunter Hearst Helmsley pinned Goldust
WWF European Champ Hunter Hearst Helmsley pinned Owen Hart
Triple H over Big Show, Mick Foley, & The Rock
The Undertaker over Triple H
Triple H over Chris Jerico for the WWF Title
Triple H def. Booker T for the World Championship
Benoit over HHH and HBK to win the World Championship
Batista over Triple H for the WWE World Title
John Cena over Triple H for the WWE Title
Randy Orton over Triple H/John Cena in a Triple Threat
Triple H over Randy Orton for the WWE Title

that equals a 6 win 6 loss record....he went on a 4 year losing streak in the main event...losing to Randy Orton last year, John Cena the previous, Batista and Chris Benoit respectivly....He made Batista a main eventer, he helped Cena by giving him the belt, he helped Orton....

He is a 13 time world champ...do you all remember he was already in the main event picture before he married Stephanie? He wrestled through that nasty quad injury a few years ago on raw....he is to me 1 of the most dedicated wrestlers of all time...he lives, sleeps and breaths the business...he just gets it....

so i ask internet world do you think you have been harsh on HHH...if he had not married Stephanie and stayed in WWE all these years do you really think he wouldnt have become this huge?

I think he would have been just fine....look at the roster who is better than him? if you can name somebody i am sure you cant name many....

let me know....and ps this is my first official thread...enjoy

HHH wasn't in the main event til he started messing around with Stephanie... When they got married & when they started messing around are 2 totally different times .... No he would have never been this huge if he wasn't with Stephanie either ..

that's my opinion on how I watched his whole career sky rocket once he started messing with Steph ...

The people who don't use the internet don't really know much about his backstage position or alot of hem would probly feel the same way.

*Waits for a HHH fan-mod to ban me again .....*

oh don't get me wrong, triple h is very good at what he does. i just don't like the fact that he has been in the title picture so freakin much lately. it's getting old. the guy is one of the best in the business. but he is just pushed too hard too much.

Triple H is a very dedicated person. He has dedicated himself to the wwe for the past decade, his work ethic is second to none (maybe John Cena's, sorry but it's true) but his only problem is his ego. He refused to ever put Chris Jericho over, back in the day, recently he refused to put over Jeff Hardy even though it would have been a very smart move. Now he refuses to put over Orton !!! I mean come on, Orton is the TOP STAR right now in the entire WWE and to refuse to lose to him at wrestlemania was pretty selfish in my view.

Triple H's career will be defined by the world title even though true greatness doesn't need soooo many title reings. Least to say the business is slowly passing him by, he thinks he's funny but his humour is quite pathetic. Orton gets more cheers than he does at certains arenas. Isn't there something wrong with that ?!

Suffice to say HHH should do what's best for the wwe and try to make others look good for a change instead of always destroying people. Taker does it, Shawn does it, hell even Cena showed great signs of maturity by helping swagger look great on raw a while back, so my question is why can't he !!! Alright he made Batista, wow what a wrestler Batista is, his matche are my bathroom breaks unless someone amazing is in the ring with him. Sorry for the long rant but I don't like it when older wrestlers are made to look unstoppable against the future and present of the wwe.

Just look at the match on raw between randy and HHH, randy looked sooo weak at the end when Trips kept beeting him up with a steel chair, then boom RKO !!! Randy has to win cleanly and decisively against HHH !!! That is how I will judge HHH on his immediate future. If he puts Orton over he'll have done the right thing in my book, but if Randy gets the belt by some shit fluke at backlash, suffice to say HHH just refuses to look weak for once.

Do what's best for the business, let Randy have a great moment where he pins HH clean !!!

The bolded part is the problem.

SEVEN straight WrestleManias in which he has been in a world title match.

Yeah, I agree with you there and I've always thought that HHH is grade A. The mojority of people think like that too. But a wise man once said that "You ain't gonna please 'em all". The only reason why people might dislike him is just nature. Some people like apples, others like oranges, simple as that in my opinion. It's just a shame though that some of the haters won't just leave it alone... They say stuff like "He's married to bosses daughter, so he gets the deluxe wash" (car metaphor). These are the people that feel the need to try and back up their dislikes when they really don't need to and all they have to say is "He's just not my cup of tea". Simple really... Take me for example, I hate 'mint'. All I just need to say is "I don't like the taste", it's fine! You don't have to justify your tastes, it's human nature, it makes everyone unique as a person. So to all these people saying stuff like "I try to watch and like Cena, but I just can't". It's okay and it's healthy, it makes you different.

I'm sorry if I've rambled on if you were looking for just a simple answer... I feel I may have answered it. So, to make a long story less long:

Triple H is an apple. The majority of people like the taste, others don't. But some others don't have to give excuses like "They grew it wrong" or "They over watered the apple tree" just say you don't like it and it's perfectly fine!

Just like this comment, some people will agree others will disagree...

LOL, I've WAY over cooked this answer.

I'm certainly not a Triple H fan, when he's a heel I think he's one of the best, but right now I find him boring as a babyface, but I agree the hate he gets goes overboard.

I don't doubt that he uses his influence to get his own way on occasions, but to suggest he "would be a jobber if he wasn't banging Stephanie" is ******ed, and I've heard that kind of argument so many times.

I will agree though that now he's reached veteran status, it's time for him to step away from the title picture and slowly start putting over younger guys, like Taker & Shawn Michaels do and Flair did. The way he put over Batista in 05 was one of the best examples ever of putting someone over, he was dominated by Batista for months yet he was still the most over heel in the company, I think he should do this more regularly.

Triple H is a very dedicated person. He has dedicated himself to the wwe for the past decade, his work ethic is second to none (maybe John Cena's, sorry but it's true) but his only problem is his ego. He refused to ever put Chris Jericho over, back in the day, recently he refused to put over Jeff Hardy even though it would have been a very smart move. Now he refuses to put over Orton !!! I mean come on, Orton is the TOP STAR right now in the entire WWE and to refuse to lose to him at wrestlemania was pretty selfish in my view.

How would putting over Jeff Hardy be a smart move. About a year ago when Hardy was beginning his push he got himself in trouble and suspended. Removed from MITB (Which he probably would have won) and in the dog house because of it. Now the recent rumor of him leaving WWE when his contract is up in June/July. Why put someone over who really isn't in it for the business. Triple H is the WWE, he lives and breathes WWE. There is no one in the company more deserving of a World Title than him.

I like Hardy and see the potential in him, but he isn't a Main Eventer. He is exciting to watch in the ring, but today in wrestling you need to be able to cut a promo or you wont ever make it. Put him on a mic and it would be a sad show. He needs a manage, but they don't do that much anymore.

Triple H has put over people, he is selective. I think he has a right to be. He is the future of the WWE whether anyone likes it or not. He is married to a McMahon. When he retires he will remain in the company on screen and off screen. He will look out for whats best for him and this business.

HHH wasn't in the main event til he started messing around with Stephanie... When they got married & when they started messing around are 2 totally different times .... No he would have never been this huge if he wasn't with Stephanie either ..

that's my opinion on how I watched his whole career sky rocket once he started messing with Steph ...

The people who don't use the internet don't really know much about his backstage position or alot of hem would probly feel the same way.

*Waits for a HHH fan-mod to ban me again .....*

Alright Notorious....Triple H won his first world title when he had Chyna by his side....so NO he wasnt with Stephanie at the time.....

He would be huge bc if Batista can be multiple time world champ i think almost anyone can...

Triple H's career will be defined by the world title even though true greatness doesn't need soooo many title reings. Least to say the business is slowly passing him by, he thinks he's funny but his humour is quite pathetic. Orton gets more cheers than he does at certains arenas. Isn't there something wrong with that ?!

Suffice to say HHH should do what's best for the wwe and try to make others look good for a change instead of always destroying people. Taker does it, Shawn does it, hell even Cena showed great signs of maturity by helping swagger look great on raw a while back, so my question is why can't he !!! Alright he made Batista, wow what a wrestler Batista is, his matche are my bathroom breaks unless someone amazing is in the ring with him. Sorry for the long rant but I don't like it when older wrestlers are made to look unstoppable against the future and present of the wwe.

Just look at the match on raw between randy and HHH, randy looked sooo weak at the end when Trips kept beeting him up with a steel chair, then boom RKO !!! Randy has to win cleanly and decisively against HHH !!! That is how I will judge HHH on his immediate future. If he puts Orton over he'll have done the right thing in my book, but if Randy gets the belt by some shit fluke at backlash, suffice to say HHH just refuses to look weak for once.

Do what's best for the business, let Randy have a great moment where he pins HH clean !!!

I will say this....look at my log in name...LEGEND KILLER....means i am a hugue Orton fan and yes i agree HHH should have lost this years Mania and lost clean....point in case he is deserving to me in the main event. The guy has lost the last 3 Main events at WM and lost the title....that speaks volumes and he lost last year to Orton and was pinned in the triple threat so i think its suffice to say he does put people over but i will agree he is vocal about who what when why where.....in conclusion Orton should be World champ and Orton and HHH are my favorite wrestlers...

Triple could have made on his own. He has what it takes.
But he wouldn't have been in the main event picture for 10 straight years!
And he didn't give Cena the title.

All of the bashing that goes on when it comes to people like triple h is a little ridiculous. When you think about any company there are favorites, and most people get there by either working their ass off or having a family member own the company. With triple h you have a person that worked his ass off to be where he is and then married steph. Oh and as for him being in the title picture constantly lets look at this

Oct - Dec 05 Not in title picture
WM 22 gets shot loses
Backlash 06 gets shot loses
June 06 - Jan 07 not in title picture
August 07 - Oct 07 not in title picture
No Mercy 07 wins title but loses it later that night
WM 24 which was almost 6 months later is next title match and loses

Now lets look at John Cena
WM 21 - NYR 06 Champion
RR 2006 gets title back
ONS 2006 loses to RVD
Main events with Edge as champ from July - Sept
Unforgiven 2006 Wins title back
No Mercy 07 forfeits title due to injury
RR 08 comes back and wins it gets title shot at next 3 ppvs
May 08-August 08 not in title picture
SS 08 comes back from injury and wins WHC
NWO 09 loses title to Edge
WM 25 wins title

Basically it shows that you can do better than triple h without marrying the bosses daughter. This just shows that maybe theres another reason (like the fact that he is a great performer) that triple h is where he is

I agree. Triple h isn't where he is because he's married to Steph. He's constantly putting over other talent. So to say he's always winning matches and always has the belt is far from the truth. If anything, Triple H loses more matches than he should and he hasn't been the champ in a while b4 this. And if him being married to Steph was the case, don't u think he'd be champion 24/7, 365 days a yr? Like no1 else besides him would have the belt. B4 this, how many WM's did he lose? When he lost to Cena at WM a few years back, that was his idea. So he could put over Cena. When he lost to Randy at the Rumble, it was so he could put Randy over. So b4 u haters start bashing him, look at what he's done for other talent.

Let's remember Vince had big plans for Trips before the infamous "MSG Incident". He was scheduled to win KOTR and get the Mid-to-Main Push. But after MSG Vince needed to make an example out of him. He was in Slop matches at In Your House while SCSA took the unexpected ball and ran like hell to the New Attitude Era.

So the fact Trips is wher he is doesn't surprise me, he got there 1 year or so later than planned. I love the guy, I was a fan when he was in WCW as TerraRyzing because he looked like a better Warrior colne than the Renegade.

Trips marriage benefits him...yes. But here are some reasons why people also 'hate' on him:

While the OP mentioned his WM record he buried more people through the years outside of the big one. In no particular order....

Didn't want to elevate Jericho or Benoit initially, so he lost his title defenses in "Dusty Finishes", where the decision gets reversed, he keep his title.

Refused to go to Smackdown initially so Raw had to trade 3 main eventers to get him back...elevates his value.
He refused to put Brock over causing the whole Hogan/Taker/Rock/Brock transfer of the WWE Title.

When the WHC was 'created' it was given to him straight, adding no value to the belt.
If he won it in an actual tournament where other stars could've been elevated I wouldn't of minded.

Because of this creative had to merge every other title in the universe including the IC just to give it SOME value. Unmasking/Emasulating Kane in the process, Katie Vick...there was no need for that.

He humiliated, then destroyed Booker T at Mania, and killed him in the rematches that followed. He buried Orton after he won the WHC.

Separately Eugene is getting major crowd reaction for his schtick and while it wouldv'e helped elevate him to actual mid-card status, HHH involves himself in the gimmick, making Eugene his BIGGEST FAN just to destroy him..

When the Spirit Squad was drawing heat for their gimmick, he reunites DX, buries the Sqaud, killing any momentum they could've garnered along with Raw's entire tag team division.

And it's how he buries them, let's look at the Legacy match. Did Dibiase/Rhodes look at all good in the match? Did they look like WWE Superstars let alone former Tag Team Champions? Or did they look like old school 'enhancement talent' (SD Jones/Barry Horowitz)

Everyone knew who would win, but damn take a beating, let them tag in and out, let them look like they deserve to be in a WWE ring. You might as well put on the SECURITY shirts.

The bottom line is that if Triple H wanted the respect of the wrestling community, he shouldn't have done what he did. I find it very hard to believe that given his looks, his talent, and his ability, that he couldn't have had any other woman on the planet ... but Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie McMahon was supposedly his "one". I just find that to be a complete load of crap.

Bottom line is that he didn't marry into that family out of love. He married into that family for money, power, and for security, and everyone knows it. The problem is that there is nothing he can do to change that perception of him from fans as long as he wrestles. But, at the same time, does he really care what the fans think? Something tells me he doesn't, all that much.

The bottom line is that if Triple H wanted the respect of the wrestling community, he shouldn't have done what he did. I find it very hard to believe that given his looks, his talent, and his ability, that he couldn't have had any other woman on the planet ... but Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie McMahon was supposedly his "one". I just find that to be a complete load of crap.

Bottom line is that he didn't marry into that family out of love. He married into that family for money, power, and for security, and everyone knows it. The problem is that there is nothing he can do to change that perception of him from fans as long as he wrestles. But, at the same time, does he really care what the fans think? Something tells me he doesn't, all that much.
That's a little unfair really. Trying to say why someone married another is ridiculous, especially if you don't know who they are. I mean, do you think that no other wrestler thought about that? Do you think that Stephanie wasn't aware of that possibility?

There are a lot of things that I'll criticize about Triple H, but who he married will never be one, and WHY he married her doesn't even register with me. Would his career have been different if he hadn't married? Probably. But it doesn't change what he has done in the business, or the work he's put into the business.

That's a little unfair really. Trying to say why someone married another is ridiculous, especially if you don't know who they are. I mean, do you think that no other wrestler thought about that? Do you think that Stephanie wasn't aware of that possibility?

There are a lot of things that I'll criticize about Triple H, but who he married will never be one, and WHY he married her doesn't even register with me. Would his career have been different if he hadn't married? Probably. But it doesn't change what he has done in the business, or the work he's put into the business.

I don't think it is unfair at all really.

I do think Triple H would have still been a key player in WWE programming and probably still would be a Main Eventer, had he not married Stephanie McMahon. I am not discounting his abilities.

However, people do marry others for money, power, and all other sorts of reasons other than what they should be marrying people for--- that being love.

A longtime WWE employee who was with the company for over 15 years, once told me that the marriage between Vince and Linda was one out of business, more so than love, which he could tell given his relationship to both of them.

But besides that, again, one means to tell me that of all the people on the planet that Triple H could have married ... that special someone just so happened to be Stephanie McMahon, the daughter of the most powerful person in the wrestling business? I'm sorry, but that is a major eyebrow raiser if there ever was one.

However, with that being said ... should he really care? It's his life to do with how he pleases. And if both he and Stephanie are "happy", then so be it. He just simply is never going to have the respect of the fans for what he did. If he is okay with that, then so be it.

HHH has said for months, he does not want to be a face. He would much rather be a heel. So why is he a face?

Cena is the one that is shoved down our throats and made out to be Hulk Hogan 2000. So what, is he banging Shane McMahon? And I love how everyone just assumes HHH wanted to so call bury Jericho, Booker, The Spirit Squad. I can't say for sure he wanted too, or for sure he didn't want too.

Maybe it was Vince's idea. I mean Vince IS the guy who thought giving away a million bucks a week was a good idea.

Cena buries Edge 10x worse than ANYBODY HHH has so called buried. So is that Cena too? Or is that one Vince.

Personally I think Orton is boring. And the ratings show it. I don't know what the answer is, I really don't. I don't think its HHH or Orton. Maybe CM Punk if they do it right, but who knows.

Maybe the Benoit thing really has Vince spooked. And he knows WITHOUT A DOUBT the only two men on his Roster that bonafide WON'T do anything dumb is HHH and Cena. Orton is supposedly one strike away from being fired. Maybe that has Vince spooked. He gives Orton the belt, he screws up, and bam your in a world of trouble again.

Orton and Kennedy and Hardy was going to given the ball. And they could had ran with it. But through injuries and just stupidity that wasn't to be.

Everybody bitches about WWE being predictable and they are, yet Vince suprises us two WMs in a Row, and we hate him for it. Personally I dont think its time to give Orton the strap. Let him lose a few more times, really make sure the crowd WANTS him to have it. When HHH starts getting booed 95% of where he goes, then its time to drop the title

I've seen some stupid things on this board, but this one takes the cake. It's one thing to not enjoy someone's ring work or mic work. It's another to question why they married someone. Speaking as a 24 year old who would like to get married in the future, your eyes are always open because you never know when love might hit you. I myself am involved in the entertainment industry, and there is a certain attraction you have to others in your industry. My guess is, Steph and Paul's shared love of the business was just one thing they have in common. It's not uncommon for men to marry women in the industry. Sable is married to Brock Lesnar and previously, Marc Mero. Miss Jackie and married to Charlie Haas. Kristal is married to Bobby Lashley. I'm pretty sure Miss Elizabeth and Randy Savage were married. When you spend so much time on the road with people, you get to know them and love could bloom. None of these other people are questioned. Triple H only is because it happens to be a McMahon he married. This is a girl who spends her life writing for, marketing for, among other tasks for the company. You think she was going to fall for an accountant? Get off the guy's back and get off hers. I wish them all the happiness in the world along with their 2 children and hope that they have what we all want: happiness, health, and life.

And I love how everyone just assumes HHH wanted to so call bury Jericho, Booker, The Spirit Squad. I can't say for sure he wanted too, or for sure he didn't want too.

Is it really just coinsidence that he happened to be the guy that did the burying to all of them? I never said he wanted to, but it seems odd that he's the one that almost single handedly decimate the Raw roster with only him and HBK standing.

Shawn was the only one to win the WHC cleanly and not get destroyed by Trips in that time. His best friend....another coincidence huh? Notice I never mentioned Goldberg in that time period because that's the only one I feel Vince intentionally buried.

Cena buries Edge 10x worse than ANYBODY HHH has so called buried. So is that Cena too? Or is that one Vince.

I've seen plenty of matches betwee these two where THEY BOTH looked good. Yes Cena came out on top, but he didn't destroy Edge in the process. Just look at the matches. If HHH actually let these guys look good in his win then I'd feel different. Instead he runs through you and then pisses on your pinned body. It's not very entertaining.

Maybe the Benoit thing really has Vince spooked. And he knows WITHOUT A DOUBT the only two men on his Roster that bonafide WON'T do anything dumb is HHH and Cena.

Maybe, I'll concede this point.

But can you explain the purpose of HOW he wins his matches? Why did Legacy have to lose like that?

Disclaimer: I am a huge Triple H fan.

So now many of you may stop reading this. Triple H's record at WM seemed better before Steph. If he didn't win this year, he may be started to become the Buffalo Bills or the OSU Buckeyes of the WWE; on the big show but doesn't get it done. (No disrespect meant to those fanbases but the public thought started to become "not again.") Worse, he could the Kane of WrestleMania; perennial jobber.

Look at his losing streak. Look at who he lost to. Benoit, people were starving for it. Plus Triple H tapped out. Could have swapped spots with Michaels and tapped at Backlash. Batista, had to try it. He does alright when he's in front of someone good and can sell tickets. Plus, to this date, I do not think he has ever beaten Batista. Cena, face of the company. Orton. This is the only one he didn't get pinned or tap out of the streak. Funny thing is though, "The Age of Orton" began around 5 months earlier when Orton defeated... HHH.

Does he put over everyone? No. Should he? No. Taker put over guys like Khali and Henry. What chance did they have? Kane has put over so many people its ridiculous. He put Benjamin over multiple times and what has he done with that? Who did Jeff Hardy defeat for his first IC title and solidified himself as a singles competitor? (This happened during the two-man power trip with Austin and HHH. Defeating a top heel for a singles title?) Who did Jeff feud with last fall making him look like a legit main-eventer? How many other main-eventers has Jeff had any real feuds with? (Edge is the only other one who Jeff has had anything looking like a sustained feud.) Who else was on RAW that could carry the show? How else was Evolution going to get over unless they were led by the best? Kind of the idea of Evolution.

When someone beats Triple H, it means something. The WWE really wants you to pay attention to that person. Cena went for a year as being a good champ who beat a champ few took seriously in JBL. When he beat HHH, you knew where Cena stood in the company.

Okay, I mentioned (what I feel are) his positives. Here is what are his negatives. He is inconsistent. He is capable of great matches. But he seems to strike out every now and then. This wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't at major PPVs. HHH vs. Scott Stiener. HHH vs. Chris Jericho at WM18. HHH vs. Orton WM25. He is not a super over face. Can play a good face but not the top face. Much better heel.

Overall, when I think of Triple H, I think of Bret Hart. Guys who could work any kind of match. Guys if your company is in trouble, you can count on to at least keep you going. Guys who are picky about who they put over. Complete all-around packages. Both had/have deficencies but both are great overall.

Do I think he would be this great without Steph? Maybe not 13 time champ. But 10 or 11 probably. Two shows to carry. Thin roster. Two titles. This is why Edge has 8 in three years. If the WWE continues this format, 16 will be a standard, not the pinnacle.

i think he wouldve still been where he is at but i dont think he would be a 13 time champ and be champ like 2 or 3 times a year if he hadnt married steph....it just gets ridiculous and a little old...i mean does anyone else in the wwe have 2 theme song? nope just him....its just all a little cowincidental( i know i spelled that wrong haha)

hes trying so hard to be ric flair and he just needs to accept hes not and never will be the nature boy!

Wow, another thread where Triple H gets bashed for his marriage. How original. Let's look at the 100% verifiable facts first.

-Triple H is married to Stephanie.
-He had 13 world titles to date.
-His previously stated Wrestlemania record.

Yep, that's pretty much all anyone on here can and completely verify without question. No one knows what backstage politics go on in the WWE or even TNA for that matter. The only thing most people hear about from the backstage are comments from former employees who make it crystal clear that they have an ax to grind.
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know what's going on backstage and I will never claim to until I come home from a long day at WWE headquarters, booking meeting, or live show events. I WILL however sit here and tell you that the majority of the men(and women) that enter that WWE ring bust their ass to look good, take falls, and bleed for our personal enjoyment. The gentlemen on this board taking shots at a man's personal life and his reasons for getting married are not fans of the wrestling business as a whole. Instead, you thrive on unsubstantiated "rumors" of a man's love for another woman and the drama you can cause from them.
That being said, my view is as simple as this. Triple H would have been a huge main eventer regardless of his marital status. His abilities and his work ethic are what got him where he is today. Did being married to Steph help him out? I'm sure it didn't hurt at all. But if the rumors are true as to when him and Steph initially got together, then you can't deny that he was already being pushed up the proverbial ladder. He still gets more cheers than most of the other faces and he draws like almost no other. His merchandise isn't all over the crowd from free give aways. There's a reason for it.
It's the same with Cena. I'm, by far, NOT a Cena fan. But the fact remains that he draws money, the kids love him, and he is known for his work ethic. I'm just as sick of Cena as most of the general adult population, but I'm more sick of the fact that Cena's in ring performance, money drawing capabilities, and work ethic are on the same level as Triple H, but he doesn't get the shit that Triple H does since he didn't marry a McMahon. Cena's already on his way as far as title reigns are concerned as well.
Speaking of which, I don't think I read one thing about how often Cena's had the title and for how long as well. As soon as he comes back from any sabbatical, the straps immediately back around his waist. If you really want to talk about someone being shoved down our throats, then there's something to chew on.
One last point. On him "burying" Jeff and Randy, get real. The WWE has to watch there ass when putting the title on them and making them the face of the company. Jeff's on his last leg right now and Randy's been in a little hot water himself. It's only smart business to be apprehensive about them. As far as Triple H winning at Wrestlemania, to me, it made the most sense. Triple H needed to win that one as it wasn't about the title or Wrestlemania. It wouldn't matter what time of year that one happened. Triple H has to get some retribution for the family and then he can lose the title at Backlash. It wouldn't make sense to have Orton win the title first and then at the next pay per view go on to lose it right back in order to achieve the revenge that Triple H had to get.

Let's take a good hard look in the earlier career of HHH

It was 1999, he was a bumbling midcarder who's finishing move, the pedigree was no-selled by a guy named Kane (ironically enough Kane would fall for the same move in the future) in a house show..

people have come and gone before him, the fact that he was there since 1995 and still hasn't won the big one yet. You see guys like The Rock, Kane, Steve Austin, and Mankind trade the belt against each other already, and then where was The Game? well, at that time The Game just showed the late Andrew Martin a video of his drugged girlfriend (Steph O Mac) getting married to him in Vegas..

And now I can't say I blame Triple H for trying to hold on to his top-spot, I guess he feels a bit insecure about what had happened on his earlier career, I mean isn't it degrading that someone just no-selled your finisher? (although it was part of Kane's gimmick to be impervious to pain)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back