Triple H, The Greatest Ever

After the performance at Wrestlemania 25, i think we can all safely say that HHH is the greatest wrestler of the generation. From humble beginnings as Hunter Hearst Helmsley to The Game, we have seen the evolution of a true champion.

Obviously there are some detractors. Some people who say that randy orton should have been the one walking out of reliant stadium with the title around his waist. I must disagree respectfully. Randy Orton is no where near ready to be able to take HHH spot. The Age of Orton is still at adolecence. HHH did what was absolutely necessary for the company, and wouldnt keep the title otherwise. The IWC may love orton, but he is not yet ready to carry the company, and HHH is the most over man of the decade no doubt. Could you find a better face to carry the company? I believe not.

I ask you this. IF RVD, Booker T and Randy Orton have all been "buried", then riddle me this. If they were truly the future of the business, how come they couldnt kick out of a pedigree? Something isnt right there and im sure you alll know it.

HHH is also known to carry giants and behemoths to excellent matches. Last year against Mark Henry during the 3 hour draft RAW was some of the most exciting and fast paced minutes of my wrestling watching life. His battles against Khali and Big show have left me breathless is wonderment.

Alas, Triple H is the greatest champion of all time, 13 times to be precise, and I truly believe that main event was Match of the night, if not year material. Perhaps im not ingratiating myself to those such as Y 2 Jake, but im calling him out if he believes there is a bigger drawing, better wrestler than HHH this side of the pacific. I'd like to close with a statement that holds as true today as it did on Unforgiven 2004

Triple H taught Randy Orton everything that he knows, but not everything that HHH knows. Triple H. Greatest Ever.

You are the problem of the WWE, heres why..... Isn't it kind of funny that the winners where Cena....wearing the knee pads. And HHH, banging the bosses daughter. See a pattern here? HHH only got as far as he did because, he was with his daughter. Cena got here because his kissed vinces ass and bent over, and he said "how high"....Not to mention his movies suck (didn't make shit off that movie), most of the "adult" fans hate him (notice the crowd reaction after he won?), the only merchandise he sells is to little kids and tweeners. Let me ask you.....who pays for the fuckin PPV's? Randy was getting more chants/cheers then HHH, and the fans were booing John Cena.....isn't that odd? The 2 guys Vince supports have no respect with the fans, who have been fans for 5+ years! A guy who can't wrestle and a guy with a power trip. Do you wanna know why WWE's ratings are getting worse by the day? Bet you they drop to 3.1 by the end of this month........because of these two sons-a-bitches! Im fuckin done with this shit, same shit every week, I'm taking a break from WWE.....might start watching TNA, heard their doing great with their recent ratings., must be doing something right...go figure.

You are the problem of the WWE, heres why..... Isn't it kind of funny that the winners where Cena....wearing the knee pads. And HHH, banging the bosses daughter. See a pattern here? HHH only got as far as he did because, he was with his daughter. Cena got here because his kissed vinces ass and bent over, and he said "how high"....Not to mention his movies suck (didn't make shit off that movie), most of the "adult" fans hate him (notice the crowd reaction after he won?), the only merchandise he sells is to little kids and tweeners. Let me ask you.....who pays for the fuckin PPV's? Randy was getting more chants/cheers then HHH, and the fans were booing John Cena.....isn't that odd? The 2 guys Vince supports have no respect with the fans, who have been fans for 5+ years! A guy who can't wrestle and a guy with a power trip. Do you wanna know why WWE's ratings are getting worse by the day? Bet you they drop to 3.1 by the end of this month........because of these two sons-a-bitches! Im fuckin done with this shit, same shit every week, I'm taking a break from WWE.....might start watching TNA, heard their doing great with their recent ratings., must be doing something right...go figure.

You have no right to call anyone else a problem, when your views on things are so warped. Look at Triple H before he was dating steph, He was in line for a push as it is because he was a damn good heel. Being involved with Steph helped out his career that's a given but who's to say if he wouldn't have been this far if he wasn't with Steph. Triple H is dedicated to this company, and would still be dedicated even if he hadn't been married into the Mcmahon family.

John Cena is another guy who dedicates his life towards the company and was pushed very hard because he's willing to do so. He has an awesome build can cut a decent promo the only thing that he's lacking is a little bit of ring work. John Cena deserves to be in the main event regardless of what people say about him.

WWE's ratings aren't dropping because Triple H and Cena are on top, if you don't recall Cena has actually dropped a few matches at Pay Per Views. JBL - Batista. The ratings are down because of the lackluster storylines and the new switching to a PG rating and is trying to sway away from the offensive storylines which most wrestling fans grew up with and grew to enjoy.

I'm pretty sure WWE doesn't need you as a fan with your narrow views on situations, you're just another fool who doesn't know what they're talking about. Go watch TNA you won't be missed.

Sorry, even though I defend HHH against just mindless haters, he is NOT the greatest of all time. Not even top 5. He NEVER outsold Hogan, Flair, Austin, Rock. All 4 of those men had SUPURB Face AND hell turns. IMO Hunter is not a great face. Hunter is a very good wrestler, he has earned my respect, but best ever? Come on. Thats laughable at best

And whoever thinks the WWE is tanking just because of HHH or Cena needs to get a clue. If they are so bad, then Orton is so good right? Well wheres the ratings spike when he comes on TV? Oh yeah, sorry, facts bad facts. WWE is tanking cause their storylines suck. Every damn one of them. They have NO tag team division worth a crap, nobody knows which champion is on which show. Big Show having sex with Vicki? Seriously? In the Main Event? Seriously? MITB with Mark Henry? Seriously. I mean I don't like Cena but damn dude, is your hate so blinde for him and HHH that they can do NOTHING right in yours eyes and everything wrong?

After the performance at Wrestlemania 25, i think we can all safely say that HHH is the greatest wrestler of the generation.
Is it really that safe to say? having a succsesful title reign really don't make you the greatest of the generation. otherwise you could say Cena is the greatest for beating two guys for the title.
From humble beginnings as Hunter Hearst Helmsley to The Game, we have seen the evolution of a true champion.
Really? I'm a trips fan but, There is better champions then him, Kurt angle, Cena to name a few. hell look at edge 8 title reigns in what? three years?

Obviously there are some detractors. Some people who say that randy orton should have been the one walking out of reliant stadium with the title around his waist. I must disagree respectfully. Randy Orton is no where near ready to be able to take HHH spot. The Age of Orton is still at adolecence.
Are you kidding? Orton could take over anytime now. Taking HHH's place wouldnt be that hard. All he has done is manage to hold the championship alot. A wise man once said, you might of won the championship 13 times, but don't that mean you lost it 12? Just because you have had it don't nessicarly mean your the best, CM Punk had the title, did that make him good? over? no he had to win the money in the bank for a second time to try and get him over.
HHH did what was absolutely necessary for the company, and wouldnt keep the title otherwise.
what he thought was necessary anyway.
The IWC may love orton, but he is not yet ready to carry the company,
Didn't you just say that?
and HHH is the most over man of the decade no doubt. Could you find a better face to carry the company? I believe not.
Cena?
I ask you this. IF RVD, Booker T and Randy Orton have all been "buried", then riddle me this. If they were truly the future of the business, how come they couldnt kick out of a pedigree? Something isnt right there and im sure you alll know it.
Your kidding right?
HHH is also known to carry giants and behemoths to excellent matches. Last year against Mark Henry during the 3 hour draft RAW was some of the most exciting and fast paced minutes of my wrestling watching life. His battles against Khali and Big show have left me breathless is wonderment.
his match against Khali was good? really? :doh:
Alas, Triple H is the greatest champion of all time, 13 times to be precise, and I truly believe that main event was Match of the night, if not year material.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo HBK vs the undertaker was 100 times better then that. I'm sure even HHH fans agree.
Perhaps im not ingratiating myself to those such as Y 2 Jake, but im calling him out if he believes there is a bigger drawing, better wrestler than HHH this side of the pacific. I'd like to close with a statement that holds as true today as it did on Unforgiven 2004
Jake isn't here at the moment, Please enjoy my company til he gets back.
Triple H taught Randy Orton everything that he knows, but not everything that HHH knows. Triple H. Greatest Ever.
you had to quote something Trips said to end your statement? wow thats amazing.

and correct me if I'm wrong but isnt, the Rock, Stone cold the same generation as HHH? yep Stonecold is a way bigger draw then HHH.
You are the problem of the WWE, heres why.....
Oh Goody.
Isn't it kind of funny that the winners where Cena....wearing the knee pads. And HHH, banging the bosses daughter. See a pattern here?
wearing knee pads is as good as banging Steph? Fuck I gotsa get me som of those.
HHH only got as far as he did because, he was with his daughter.
Bull shit, use the cliq excuse and you would have more of the truth. He was getting pushed before he was sleeping with Steph.
Cena got here because his kissed vinces ass and bent over, and he said "how high"....Not to mention his movies suck (didn't make shit off that movie), most of the "adult" fans hate him (notice the crowd reaction after he won?), the only merchandise he sells is to little kids and tweeners. Let me ask you.....who pays for the fuckin PPV's?
Right... So it wasn't because Cena is hugely over and Is loved by the people the WWE is targeting?
Randy was getting more chants/cheers then HHH, and the fans were booing John Cena.....isn't that odd?
Not really.
The 2 guys Vince supports have no respect with the fans, who have been fans for 5+ years!
Thats because the fans that are booing them have no idea what they do. get them to go wrestle 6 times a week every week.
A guy who can't wrestle and a guy with a power trip.
Lul'z
Do you wanna know why WWE's ratings are getting worse by the day?
No but your going to tell me anyway right?
Bet you they drop to 3.1 by the end of this month........because of these two sons-a-bitches!
*sigh* thought so
Im fuckin done with this shit, same shit every week, I'm taking a break from WWE.....
Oh no please don't.
might start watching TNA, heard their doing great with their recent ratings., must be doing something right...go figure.
If you want to waste your time go for it.

Uhh, thread isn't about John Cena, so don't go off topic. And I digress, it is YOU that is wrong with the WWE. Instead of just enjoying the ride that WWE gives us, you have to involve yourself in backstage intricacy's of "who puts who over" to "further their career". Why do you care? Sure you can have your favourite wrestler, but you can't call HHH out on beating him.

As far as HHH is concerned he is doing the good thing for the WWE community. The match was good versus evil. And Good won, what is wrong with that?

You have no right to call anyone else a problem, when your views on things are so warped. Look at Triple H before he was dating steph, He was in line for a push as it is because he was a damn good heel. Being involved with Steph helped out his career that's a given but who's to say if he wouldn't have been this far if he wasn't with Steph. Triple H is dedicated to this company, and would still be dedicated even if he hadn't been married into the Mcmahon family.

John Cena is another guy who dedicates his life towards the company and was pushed very hard because he's willing to do so. He has an awesome build can cut a decent promo the only thing that he's lacking is a little bit of ring work. John Cena deserves to be in the main event regardless of what people say about him.

WWE's ratings aren't dropping because Triple H and Cena are on top, if you don't recall Cena has actually dropped a few matches at Pay Per Views. JBL - Batista. The ratings are down because of the lackluster storylines and the new switching to a PG rating and is trying to sway away from the offensive storylines which most wrestling fans grew up with and grew to enjoy.

I'm pretty sure WWE doesn't need you as a fan with your narrow views on situations, you're just another fool who doesn't know what they're talking about. Go watch TNA you won't be missed.

Ahhh...here come the mindless marks of WWE! HHH doesn't sell, John Cena doesn't sell....those are facts! Let me ask you, how did Cenas movie do? Good, eh? That wasn't wrestling you complete tool! So, Cena dosnt sell in "theaters", nor in wrestling....Cena and HHH are the problems of WWE! Before you jump on a "realistic" wrestling fan, get your knee pads off, when you realize wrestling is DEAD! When vince goes away from his failed ventures: XFL, WWE Movies....and actually focuses on.....WRESTLING!!! We can begin a NEW ERA of WRESTLING! You sheep.....

Ahhh...here come the mindless marks of WWE!
:blink: Where?
HHH doesn't sell,
He don't? Now your completly wrong here. If he didn't sell why on earth has he headlined Alot of manias, got the title so many times... AND do not start with the sleeping with the boss's daughter.
John Cena doesn't sell....those are facts!
If they didn't Sell they wouldn't have a job its that simple.
Let me ask you, how did Cenas movie do? Good, eh? That wasn't wrestling you complete tool!
thats not very nice, you might of hurt his feelings :(
So, Cena dosnt sell in "theaters", nor in wrestling....Cena is the problem of WWE!
:lmao: the problem? I think he is the answer. not the problem, If he was the problem why are so many people fans of him?
Before you jump on a "realistic" wrestling fan, get your knee pads off, when you realize wrestling is DEAD!
What are you trying to say here? I read it five times and still have no clue.
When vince goes away from his failed ventures: XFL, WWE Movies....and actually focuses on.....WRESTLING!!! We can begin a NEW ERA of WRESTLING!
how is this, Anything to do with HHH being the best wrestler ever or not? You barely even talked bout him.
You sheep.....
Baaa

Ahhh...here come the mindless marks of WWE!
:blink: Where?He don't? Now your completly wrong here. If he didn't sell why on earth has he headlined Alot of manias, got the title so many times... AND do not start with the sleeping with the boss's daughter. If they didn't Sell they wouldn't have a job its that simple.thats not very nice, you might of hurt his feelings :(:lmao: the problem? I think he is the answer. not the problem, If he was the problem why are so many people fans of him?What are you trying to say here? I read it five times and still have no clue. how is this, Anything to do with HHH being the best wrestler ever or not? You barely even talked bout him.Baaa

Talking to you is like booing at the Special Olympics, you just don't do it. Lets have a chat in this forum 1 month from now, so I can own you when RAW rating drops below 3.0! Casual fans left the WWE 4 weeks ago, and haven't came back since. 4.1...to....3.5...going into the biggest PPV of all.....Why? your product is really fucked up, and your main eventers cant sell.
Hey, vince said jump.....now you say: how high? You mindnumbing sheep!

Ahhh...here come the mindless marks of WWE! HHH doesn't sell, John Cena doesn't sell....those are facts! Let me ask you, how did Cenas movie do? Good, eh? That wasn't wrestling you complete tool! So, Cena dosnt sell in "theaters", nor in wrestling....Cena and HHH are the problems of WWE! Before you jump on a "realistic" wrestling fan, get your knee pads off, when you realize wrestling is DEAD! When vince goes away from his failed ventures: XFL, WWE Movies....and actually focuses on.....WRESTLING!!! We can begin a NEW ERA of WRESTLING! You sheep.....

HHH sells, kids eat up his merch, especially with the DX merch. I seriously enjoy the hell out of Triple H. Not because he slept with Steph, but cause he is one of my Top 5 favourite wrestlers of ALL time.

I enjoy WWE shows, I couldn't careless whether its "realistic" or not, its wrestling, its the best fake violence I know of. If I wanted realistic, I'd watch UFC. Which I don't because it gets old when there isn't an interesting storyline behind it.

If you hadn't noticed, it is focused on the wrestling, ya know, how these last few months have been building toward Wrestlemania, where they Wrestled. If that isn't focusing on Wrestling, I don't know what is.

HHH sells, kids eat up his merch, especially with the DX merch. I seriously enjoy the hell out of Triple H. Not because he slept with Steph, but cause he is one of my Top 5 favourite wrestlers of ALL time.

I enjoy WWE shows, I couldn't careless whether its "realistic" or not, its wrestling, its the best fake violence I know of. If I wanted realistic, I'd watch UFC. Which I don't because it gets old when there isn't an interesting storyline behind it.

If you hadn't noticed, it is focused on the wrestling, ya know, how these last few months have been building toward Wrestlemania, where they Wrestled. If that isn't focusing on Wrestling, I don't know what is.

You missed my point. What I was referring to was, Vince needs to stop focusing on failure movies, and focus on what got him here: WRESTLING! Stop making movies no one cares about. And put all of your energy on Creative and making the best product ever! Did the Attitude Era have movies? No, they focused all of their energy of creating the best product around, wrestling! None of this hollywood shit (like Kid Rock) they should of had the tag team match in that time. WWE "mainstream" will never work! Stick to what got you here. Very simple

Stick to what got you here? NO NEVER! That will destroy wrestling, I can't see how you want things not to change. By that statement, you'd want a guy like HHH to have a year or two long title reign, prove he is a true American and shout brother after all sentences.

Change is good, instead of needlessly fighting it, go with it, enjoy the ride, or get the hell off the bus.

Uh HHH is not the greatest ever not even close, he is not even in my Top 5

he is not even the best Wrestler during his Era, I still put both The Rock and Austin over HHH any day as well as HBK who carried an entire Federation on his back when everybody took off for the money in the WCW

just because you win the title a bunch of times does not make you the greatest especially when you dominate during a time when Wrestling was at its worse and ratings have been at an all time low

I think the WWE goes out its way to try and convince people that HHH is great, we know he is ONE of the greatest but it seems to me like they are trying to convince people that he is the greatest ever and I personally just don't think he is better then guys like the Rock, Austin or HBK and it is no way he is as big of an ICON like the Undertaker

Hey I was kidding!
HHH is obviously not as big as Austin and never will be, but I feel he is the target of a lot of unjust criticism. Especially from people who have obviously never met him and just base opinions on what they see. Seeing him go over another wrestler is not some bosses daughter treachery, it might be just that HHH is a better wrestler than Khali. Although that could be disputed in India.

On the subject of Wrestlemania, i feel that the venue, WRESTLEMANIA 25, made the result of HHH winning a bit more bitter for fans. Wanting Orton to go over so badly may have soured their opinions a little bit, and just that it is the grandest stage of them all, that they will find an easy target in HHH to attack, not writers or creative.

Im not great with history, but didnt Orton go over the two biggest draws in the company last wrestlemania?

Although I am impressed Sparky, almost as many quotations as Jake. Let me try!

Cena got here because his kissed vinces ass and bent over, and he said "how high"

Ok besides the apparent affront to the language that I use so dearly, and the amalagamation of what I think is three different sayings, you're idea is that John Cena suddenly showed up and didnt work towards anything, and recieved some giant push by being friends with Vince McMahon. Am I the only one remembering the rapper years?

Before you jump on a "realistic" wrestling fan, get your knee pads off, when you realize wrestling is DEAD!

Ok something about a realistic wrestling fan, knee pads, dead wrestling, and getting off. I dont know either Sparky.

HHH doesn't sell

HA. So maybe Trips couldnt sell ice to an eskimo, but do you expect them to be walking away with anything less than 2 DX t-shirts, a glowstick and a copy of Smackdown Vs Raw 2009?

You sheep.....

Im the sheep, for not jumping on the HATE HUNTER band wagon with everyone else and hiding behind backstage rumours and pissed off former employees.

Why? your product is really fucked up, and your main eventers cant sell

Oh, I always love the wonderfully self centred arguments that dictate "Well hey, I dont like Cena, and I dont own his T-shirt, so he must not sell! What does Vince McMahon know? I've been watching wrestling since I was a kid! He's only been running the biggest wrestling company in the world for decades!

Did the Attitude Era have movies? No

Well actually, yes it did. Who could forget "3 Ninjas: High Noon At Mega Mountain" with Hulk Hogan? Or Suburban Commando with The Undertaker and the Hulkster? What about The Rock's early stints in the Mummy 2?
Im not saying these movies were good or that I even saw them, just that you're wrong really.

WWE "mainstream" will never work!

What the hell are you talking about? Weren't both the 80's boom period and the attitude era basically made by people who werent usually wrestling fans tuning in? Isnt that the aim of the TV ratings you hold so high? Or should we keep wrestling in backyards where only TRUE fans can appreciate it.

HHH, best wrestler ever? no. Great wrestler? yes. He rocks.

triple h the greatest ever?

the iwc do not give hhh the credit he deserves, he has been in the mania event so many times because it is good for business, he has also lost in that main event so many times because he knows it is good for business,

when you are good, draw and are over you will alaways be good draw and be over regardless of whose boss you are doing or how much arse you kiss

vince knows more and most regardless of how much push you give a guy, it is only his efforts in the ring that get people over

only a few over the last 10 years have stepped up to the plate. HHH is one of them

triple h the greatest ever?

not yet, but he has another 5 years wrestling, 10 infront of the camera in some capacity and the rest of his life behind the scenes.

one day he will be right up there with the greats

I think Orton should have gone over, but the main thign that was wrong was that the match was just pure shit. It started out well with the finishers being hit early on and you thinking where can they go from here...but they just took a shit on all the fans instead. If HHH has to massage his own ego, at least make a good match out of it.

HHH is not the greatest ever. And Liberalkiller why dont you wait till Monday Night Raw tonight, and see where Vince is going with this. The DRAFT is in 8 days and that always makes it in interesting.

I don't intend to jump in the mindless drivel, so let me start:

First off Cena and Triple H sell, they aren't Hogan and The Rock, but you see a stadium full of Cena hats, Mysterio masks, DX shirts, and Hardy armbands. They sell.

What I feel HHH, whom I've always liked, not as a favorite, none-the-less supported, can't sell is the WWE universe that stepped away from wrestling to get back into it. When a good amount of people probably stopped watching HHH was most likely the champion. Fast foward to Evolution-same thing, fast foward to DX-reunion he's bumping off the better draw and champion Cena for the WWE to sell DX t-shirts. Fast foward to this past summer, HHH goes 75-2 and loses the belt cheaply so he doesn't have to lose it to Hardy himself, fast forward to No Way Out, Triple H pins the Undertaker. There's no opening to enter in.

I don't think it's all HHH, but January and February seen great ratings for RAW, which have gone down steadily since HHH's victory in the EC. I love Edge as well, but how many times can we see the same trick done with both of your title-holders? I genuinally believe that chased away people trying to get back into it.

The only person HHH himself has put over is Batista.. I cannot think of anyone else. HHH's last WM victory, prior to last night, was over Jericho, who had just beaten the Rock and SCSA, but HHH beats him? That doesn't stunt him at all, does it? Match also main-evented ahead of the Rock vs Hogan. Orton beat HHH for the title at No Mercy 2007, but look how HHH dropped it, not by Orton looking better, just because he had to compete against Umage and get injured. He couldn't drop the belt to Hardy, he'd rather make Kozlov look trashy (he is, but that's besides the point), and Hardy look like a failure than to drop it cleanly and elevate them.

At some point HHH needs to make someone else look better, but I'm not counting on it anytime soon. I like HHH but he's getting very stale, even to me.

I can only give my personal opinion on the HHH as the greatest of all time. I was huge Triple H fan from 1999-2003(what I believe to be his prime years). His character was different he could still move really well, and was a heel who could still win. Alot of Top guys helped put him in that position (I.E. The Rock, Steve Austin, Big Show and most importantly Mick Foley). However since his first quad tear and subsequent return he has been less than impressive in the ring (IMO) and that's due largely to his surgically repaired quad, which is to be expected. When he came back in 03 he was big, juiced up and couldn't move and as a result had a tougher time telling good stories in my view. A few years go by and he tears his other quad comes back and has been the Ace (along with Cena) of the company. But to be honest THAT WRESTLEMANIA MATCH PUT ME TO SLEEP, LITERALLY. Personally I've felt that way about alot of matches in which I have to watch Helmsley for more than 15 minutes over the past 6 years. I'm not disputed his ability to pull a decent gate or keep the ratings steady, he has proven that. But his work over the past 6 years in my view has left alot to be desired. I remember at Wrestlemania 2000 I was the only one in a room full of people who poped when HHH won, I was the biggest Triple H fan on Earth, because it always looked as though he was on the verge of defeat but could somehow get the win. Now he just spits water, makes "intense" faces that seem to be consistent with the face one makes during intense bowel movements, and posesses the second coolest lighting show (behind Taker) in all the WWE. From 99-02 I believe HHH had as good a three year run as a heel of any wrestler I can remember since I began watching wrestling in the late 88 when I was 4 years old. These past 6 however have left me falling asleep on my couch only to wake up pissed that I fell asleep during a PPV that was 55 dollars. Again, just my opinion.

OH, and Ricky Steamboat IS INCREDIBLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wwe is goin down in ratings because they dont change anything, the main eventers stay the same year by year and they will only push people who are on steriods or are big in size, take bobby lashley, if he stayed with wwe he would have been a main eventer by now but cm punk works his ass off and he gets one crappy reign and back down to mid carder, i hope ring of honor gets to be big as thats where REAL wrestling is without people on steriods, just normal sized great wrestlers

First while I do not think that Triple H is the greatest of all time but he is certainly up there but, as has been mentioned, only as a heel. If you think of Triple H's best matches most, apart from maybe his ladder match with the Rock, came when he was a heel. His major strength is his in-ring psychology, which is most useful when playing the dastardly heel and the heel is the most important factor in the vast majority of matches. Triple H's ability to play the bad guy to the Rock, Stone Cold and Mick Foley is what has made him great but as a face, aside from DX, he struggles.

One thing that I think has been overlooked in the mess that was the main event at Wrestlemania XXV was the performance of Randy Orton. I agree with the majority that Orton has the look and the persona to be a top heel for a long time, perhaps even taking over from Triple H in the long run. His acting has come on leaps and bounds in the last year and the Legacy angle fits him. However, his in-ring work (aside from his big moves - the RKO, his elevated DDT, the punt and headlock/backbreaker) is for want of a better word, boring. His headlock actually looks painful but is used too often and for too long. Aside from that I cannot think of anything else that makes Orton stand out. He badly needs to expand his repetoire to prevent his whole in-ring gimmick becomes stale. If he was truly ready to take over at the top then he should have been able to pull out a good match, even if he had been politiked out of capturing the title.

I think that the only reasons he is on top is for two reasons. One The Rock, Lesnar and Austin all left. Two he is with the Step. I think he would have won the title anyways, but not as many times. He is great, but only the greatest of this era (the after Austin, after Rock era) because they left and Brock didn't stay. I mean there are two World Titles, but if Brock were still around, what are the chances that he would be the biggest star.

Fans, to some degree, are stupid...just because they cheer a certain wrestler doesnt mean that wrestler is great and should always come out on top.

I think HHH would have gotten just as far had he not married Steph, and if John Cena wasnt such a dependable worker, he would have ended up being another Brock Lesnar. Dont forget, Hogan pandered to the little kids during the height of his career, and now those "kids" are 20 & 30-somethings begging for one more Hogan match, but turn around and in the same breath cry about Cena being shoved down their throats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back