The Wrestling Album and Piledriver

HeenanGorilla

Championship Contender
I enjoy old school threads and as time goes by "old school" brings posts from teenage "smarks" who talk about the Rock and Austin. haha Not what it means to me; so, I thought I would get more specific. Now I know true "old school" wrestling happened before my time and before the WWF became what I knew it as. But my "old school" is 80s-early 90s. I know they came out with CDs and tapes of ring music for Ken Shamrock and Gangrel and others in the mid-late 90s...but I like to go further back. The wrestling albums hold great memories for me. I have both of these on albums vinyl.

I loved the cover of The Wrestling Album and could NOT WAIT to rent the Piledriver video tape to see the new videos. I remember one time that my dad took me to a match and they played the videos for those of us who got there early enough. Jive Soul Bro, Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo, etc. Now, trust me, the feeling you get from Girls in Cars will not be confused with Motorhead's The Game. haha But both of these albums are cool to me and I figured I would open it up to those of you who were around for them.

I remember when both of these came out. The cassette version came in an LP-sized cover (or at least the ones I got from K-Mart back in the day). I was saddened when both went out of print, but I still have the cassette version of Piledriver (that I ripped onto my computer for future generations to enjoy), and the CD version of The Wrestling Album that Koch Records put out a few years ago (which has also - to my knowledge - gone out of print also).

I'm surprised that when Koch did the reprint for The Wrestling Album they also didn't do one for Piledriver as well...

I thought they were great. Were the first of their kind, and the Piledriver album pops up now and again when start want to make fun of Vince. The DX parody of vince doing I believe it was called stand back was priceless. (correct me if I am wrong on the title). To add to this I loved the one that came out in the late 90's that had DX's theme on it. Me and my friends would drive around with it blasting in the car. By the way I think the themes of times past are far superior to the ones today.

Yeah, maybe CM Punk can get these re-released with the ice cream bars. haha! These were great..I have been listening to Land of 1,000 Dances since I posted this. Great video!

To this day, "Eat Your Heart Out Rick Springfield" by Jimmy Hart ....and "For Everybody" by Roddy Piper are two of my favorite songs. Great stuff!!

Oh yeah? You make fun of teens for mentioning The Rock and Austin as being old school, but yet, you go on to say, "old school for me is..." Well, old school for those teens are Austin and The Rock. Just like I'm sure there's an old fart that could come in and make fun of "your old school" as well. :)

Anyway, I collect wrestling cds. Even those generic cover cds that have been released throughout the years. I still need Piledriver and The Wrestling Album. From those older albums, I do have WrestleMania: The Album but I'm having a hard time finding those others. Guess I could do Ebay, but that site ticks me off some times. Even WCW had some old school theme cds. There was Slam Jam and The Christmas Brawl. They both had some good themes as well. :)

Oh yeah? You make fun of teens for mentioning The Rock and Austin as being old school, but yet, you go on to say, "old school for me is..." Well, old school for those teens are Austin and The Rock. Just like I'm sure there's an old fart that could come in and make fun of "your old school" as well. :)

Anyway, I collect wrestling cds. Even those generic cover cds that have been released throughout the years. I still need Piledriver and The Wrestling Album. From those older albums, I do have WrestleMania: The Album but I'm having a hard time finding those others. Guess I could do Ebay, but that site ticks me off some times. Even WCW had some old school theme cds. There was Slam Jam and The Christmas Brawl. They both had some good themes as well. :)

I didn't make fun of them. In fact, I addressed the fact that this was MY "old school" and addressed that there are older generations. So, your post really--besides not contributing in any useful way--really makes no sense. Thanks for proving my point though.

I thought they were great. Were the first of their kind, and the Piledriver album pops up now and again when start want to make fun of Vince. The DX parody of vince doing I believe it was called stand back was priceless. (correct me if I am wrong on the title). To add to this I loved the one that came out in the late 90's that had DX's theme on it. Me and my friends would drive around with it blasting in the car. By the way I think the themes of times past are far superior to the ones today.

Stand Back, yep you got it right. haha! I do like when they reference it these days. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtCtZ5x9EJI

Is it just me, or was Roddy Piper not saying "FOR" everybody? Listen to the lyrics...the word "FOR" doesn't really make sense. Just sayin'

I didn't make fun of them. In fact, I addressed the fact that this was MY "old school" and addressed that there are older generations. So, your post really--besides not contributing in any useful way--really makes no sense. Thanks for proving my point though.

well you did call them "teen smarks," so to me that is pretty much poking fun at them, like they don't know what they're talking about just because they're younger than you. And i could care less about contributing to a pointless thread like anyway. All you talked about was a couple of old cds and I said yeah, I'd like to own them too. Not sure what else you really wanted to talk about. This site truly is full of assholes.

well you did call them "teen smarks," so to me that is pretty much poking fun at them, like they don't know what they're talking about just because they're younger than you. And i could care less about contributing to a pointless thread like anyway. All you talked about was a couple of old cds and I said yeah, I'd like to own them too. Not sure what else you really wanted to talk about. This site truly is full of assholes.

I love delusional idiots like you that read/respond and then say they don't care. Then don't reply, ********. Just realized you call yourself trashboy...that does more than I could. Enjoy life.

Why does pretty much every wrestler has to have a rock/metal theme now.

There seems to be so much less effort put into their themes these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back