*OFFICIAL* Old School Wrestling Discussion (New Generation & Earlier Discussion ONLY)

Watching a Nitro episode from 1995 on the Network. It's Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko. The announcers are hyping it saying how we're going to see great wrestling. Don't blink. These guys are going to fly around. Then shortly after the match starts the camera goes to the back to see Hulk Hogan arrive in the arena. Not a split screen but the camera focusing on the ring is completely abandoned for the camera backstage. I wish I was an IWC member in a Nitro LD when they left at the beginning of Guerrero vs. Malenko to cut to Hogan in a segment that clearly could have waited. Heads would have exploded.

Watching a Nitro episode from 1995 on the Network. It's Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko. The announcers are hyping it saying how we're going to see great wrestling. Don't blink. These guys are going to fly around. Then shortly after the match starts the camera goes to the back to see Hulk Hogan arrive in the arena. Not a split screen but the camera focusing on the ring is completely abandoned for the camera backstage. I wish I was an IWC member in a Nitro LD when they left at the beginning of Guerrero vs. Malenko to cut to Hogan in a segment that clearly could have waited. Heads would have exploded.

They cut to the segment during the match? That's so weird. I mean, probably not then, but still.

That was a common thing back then and it was very annoying. It makes more sense though as things felt more spontaneous and realistic, but at the same time they could have easily gone to a split screen.

That was a common thing back then and it was very annoying. It makes more sense though as things felt more spontaneous and realistic, but at the same time they could have easily gone to a split screen.

It's something WWE need to harness as everything on RAW just comes off as so planned.

Even a supposedly spontaneous attack just happens to break out when there are no matches in the ring or we are not at a break.

Oh that stuff drives me crazy. It's so ridiculously convenient that apparently no one has a conversation during a match and the camera just happens to be looking at them. The fact that you never hear so much as a door opening means that either the offices have no privacy or the people were just standing there waiting on a cue.

WWE now can barely generate enough content to have one thing at a time, which isn't necessarily a knock - they've hours upon hours upon hours to fill every week.

Yeah, pretty much. It's not like they weren't employing the use of split screen at the time.

WWE Network is showing the 1987 Slammy Awards later this afternoon. I loved that show as a kid. If you like 80s WWF I highly recommend it for a good laugh. I just hope they don't have to edit or omit any of the musical performances.

The Slammys were so much better when it was a separate show and looked like an actual awards ceremony instead of just mixed in on an episode of Raw.

Someone from the show that year had a sense of humor. Spoiler tags cause its giant.

MvJFPmd.jpg

Someone from the show that year had a sense of humor. Spoiler tags cause its giant.

MvJFPmd.jpg

Not as much of a sense of humor as you would think. The term kayfabe (or at least one version of it) comes from a fictional boss that would have to be consulted if a fan got too close to finding out what was really going on. If a wrestler was asked something they weren't supposed to answer, they would say they had to clear it with K./Kay Fabe before they could answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back