Old School Tour

rbv13

Championship Contender
As a lifelong fan of the spectacle known as professional wrestling I’ve spent the better part of three decades attending numerous life events. I’ve been privileged enough to attend events hosted by major worldwide and national companies, the top territories and the smaller independent promotions. Over the years I’ve typically enjoyed every show I’ve attended but in the grand scheme I can’t help but to fondly look back at the events of my childhood. The sense of wonderment and emotion I felt back then is something I’ve only felt a handful of times in my adult life.

The Network has seemed to have found a bit of success with their original program Legends House, Old School RAW episodes are typically a boost for television ratings and fans seem to get excited when the stars from yesterday make appearances in the now. Plain and simple, nostalgia is a powerful devise.

My suggestion is a WWE hosted “Old School Tour”, spanning generations of years gone by. Imagine a night of Rock’n Wrestling, Territories, NWA/WCW, New Generation, Extreme Revolution, Attitude and Ruthless Aggression all under one roof. It could be a spectacle for fans of all ages to take a step back in time and rekindle those emotions of yesteryear.

The Old School Tour Proposal:

Four sets of tour dates sporadically scheduled over the course of one or two years’ time frame. Each tour would feature three shows; Friday & Saturday nights plus a Sunday matinee. The venues for events would be smaller in size or an old school arena, creating a more intimate and traditional setting. Each set of dates would feature a variety of performers, some who can still go in the ring and others for those feel good moments. Each set of dates would also feature two special hosts to highlight each show.

Possible Location:

Northeast: New Jersey & two New York Shows (Sunday at MSG) w/Special Host Hulk Hogan & Bruno Sammartino

Midwest: Ohio, Indiana & Illinois w/Special Host Bret Hart & ?????

South: Kentucky, Tennessee & Georgia w/Special Hosts Ric Flair & Jerry Lawler

Southwest: Oklahoma & two Texas Shows w/Special Hosts Steve Austin & Jim Ross

West: Washington & two California Shows w/Special Host Sting & The Rock

Would this be something of interest to anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back