• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*OFFICIAL* Old School Wrestling Discussion (Attitude Era to PG Era Discussion ONLY)

Brown would do ok, Godfather would never stand a chance, Mideon.....why would anyone want him back, Val would never stand a chance.

If they accept Brodus, they'd accept Godfather, especially with all of those ****s around him. He wasn't half bad in the ring, either. When given half a chance, that is.

I thought Venis was pretty decent in the ring, I think he'd do alright.

D'Lo was good too, and the Lo Down is one of my favourite aerial finishers I have ever seen. Great move. The Sky High was sweet too.

What did you think about how they brought Flair into WWF? I think he was supposed to be Vince's partner and Austin's buddy. At the time I thought Flair was so out of date. I was just like "get that old fool out of the ring".

Later I thought he was fantastic when he was a member of Evolution.

Do you mean when he came in as joint owner? I thought it was great seeing him back on TV. I didn't think he would end up wrestling much though, I expected his days in the ring to be over at that point

Other than CM Punk, Cena with the Doctor Of Thuganomics gimmick, maybe Orton and all the guys from the AE who are still here, is there anyone from this current era who you think would've been a good fit in the AE?

Other than CM Punk, Cena with the Doctor Of Thuganomics gimmick, maybe Orton and all the guys from the AE who are still here, is there anyone from this current era who you think would've been a good fit in the AE?

Several.

Daniel Bryan, as KB said. A self-righteous douche that no one can stand. Same goes for Punk.

Orton would have been a fantastic AE heel. I often have wet dreams about Orton (think 2008/9) vs. Stone Cold.

Most guys would have been fine. However, some would have never scratched the main event scene - The Miz, The Great Khali and possibly Ziggler.

Another guy: Lesnar. Can you imagine Vince bringing in a UFC champion (once UFC meant something to the masses so Shamrock doesn't count) to face Austin at the height of his powers?

Another guy: Lesnar. Can you imagine Vince bringing in a UFC champion (once UFC meant something to the masses so Shamrock doesn't count) to face Austin at the height of his powers?

They had Tyson. I've always wondered why they blew their load with him as a member of DX/special ref. Could've had something similar to Cena/Lesnar with Austin/Tyson. It's not the same thing, but imagine Austin bleeding all over the place after Tyson drops three or four bombs on him. Tyson still hit like a train in 1998.

Because they needed someone that could work a wrestling match. Tyson could punch but that's about it and Austin would be have to answer why he doesn't just take Tyson to the mat and tie him up.

Because they needed someone that could work a wrestling match. Tyson could punch but that's about it and Austin would be have to answer why he doesn't just take Tyson to the mat and tie him up.

Oh, a few videos of Tyson training with Shawn Michaels and HHH would have solved that.

If Tyson catches Austin with one good punch, it's over!

There's your story. Right there. Could've worked, especially in 1998.

I lost my respect for your big thread right there. Don't you get it? They wanted the media attention, the mainstream media attention. They wanted Stone Cold as a household name. What was on the PPV and in the ring didn't matter it was all about the media coverage.

Do you mean when he came in as joint owner? I thought it was great seeing him back on TV. I didn't think he would end up wrestling much though, I expected his days in the ring to be over at that point

Do you think he was on something that night? He just sounded weird to me. Like he had a stroke or something

I lost my respect for your big thread right there. Don't you get it? They wanted the media attention, the mainstream media attention. They wanted Stone Cold as a household name. What was on the PPV and in the ring didn't matter it was all about the media coverage.

So let me get this straight:

Going the way they did, as in what I said was the right move, and resulting in the biggest ratings boom in company history, wasn't the right move.....why?

See you are just backpedaling

No, not really. I said they needed to keep Tyson out of the ring as a wrestler to make Austin a credible champion. They did and got the name value and success. How is that backpedaling/wrong in the first place?

Do you think he was on something that night? He just sounded weird to me. Like he had a stroke or something

He was having severe confidence and anxiety issues about returning to television I think (he mentions this in his autobiography), perhaps he was just nervous and a bit uncomfortable. I didn't think he was himself, definitely not the old Flair but I don't think he was on anything other than perhaps some medication for that.

Watching Backlash 1999 and I hear Triple H come out to this music

[YOUTUBE]Mw8VWACacjk[/YOUTUBE]

Forgot about that one.

I never liked Kurt Angle. Ever. He's a good technical wrestler, and that is about it. I always found him extremely boring to watch and I'd rather stitch my ears shut than hear him on the mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back