The Final Deletion

JoeFromTomsRiver

Championship Contender
TNA has me intrigued for the first time in a while. They released some reaction videos of guys watching what we will see later on Impact, and they seemed legitimately flustered, confused, bewildered, etc.

I haven't been paying too much attention to the Hardy feud but I know they've kind of gone the route of Lucha Underground where it is "hollywood" instead of just "wrasslin".

Apparently this latest installment goes somewhere we've never seen before. One of the guys who reacted said "this is like game of thrones". That leads me to believe that Matt Hardy ends up getting decapitated. You heard it here first. Anything short of that and i will disappointed based on the hype they've been putting out.

The Hardy feud has been absurd, yet somehow, some way has actually turned into Must-See TV.

Matt's character development is ridiculous. He calls himself "Broken", speaks in an accent that developed out of thin air and dissipates into it at times, looks like the fucked up love child of Sweeney Todd and a psycho-ward inmate, and yet through it all, this is somehow utterly entertaining. I was literally laughing out loud at him being wheeled out last week in a wheelchair that he, again through that silly accent, referred to as "chair with wheels".

I have no idea how or why this happened, but it's legit entertaining.

Just watched it. Worst piece of television ive ever seen in my entire life. I tuned in because i saw russo saying it was the greatest thing hes ever seen lol what a mark. Russo is a phony because that shit was terrible.

Just finish watching this thing and let just say that I never laugh so hard in my life. This was probably the worst thing ever produce on a wrestling program. I'm pretty sure that the hardy's and the tna creative staff watch lucha underground and decided that they could do something similar but the end product just felt out of place and sadly I turn out to look like a joke and that's to bad because you can clearly see that the hardy's put alot of efforts into this but at less, the young bucks and vince russo actually liked it.

I was entertained by it. And I think that was the point. It may be ridiculous, but it was so ridiculous that I was entertained. Well done TNA. And Matt's character development has been awesome. I wasn't really a fan of him before this. I always liked Jeff better, but this is akin to Abyss becoming Joseph Park in my opinion. Something completely different, yet still fun to watch.

The final deletion was entertaining a.f. It may have been ridiculous, but that was the point. The people bashing this, took it WAY too serious. The Hardys and TNA found a way to make a Hardys boys feud we've seen hundreds of times and made it unique.

To steal a quote I saw last night...
To me that showed just because wrestling is old doesn't mean that everything has been done before. There's still ways to make wrestling fresh and innovative and different. Staying the same isn't going to bring the fans back they need to evolve and adapt and hopefully that match may be a step in the right direction

For me wrestling was about the crazy over the top characters and storylines. It was what helped legends become "larger than life". That's something that has been missing in wrestling for quite some time (,especially wwe).

The final deletion was crazy, but it was entertaining, compelling, and told an actual STORY. Well done, TNA.

(Also have to give props. to Matt. Probably the first time I've ever been interested in him.)

I have no problem at all with them going outside the box like this. I was just led to believe there would be more to it based on the reaction videos that TNA released early in the day yesterday. It was nutty but was expecting it to be even more absurd.

It was fun as fuck and in many ways epitomizes the style TNA should be embracing whole-heartedly: Grimy backyard/southern wrestling with big pinches of humour.

It was the first TNA I've watched in at least five years. It was absurd. The whole thing was some of the silliest shit I've ever seen.

But I was entertained.

What the actual Fcuk... I mean literally, what WAS that? I get that Matt is channelling the love child of ToeCutter and Zoolander... I get that Jeff is kinda screwed either way and has to go along with it... but who the hell let that on TV, much less gave them budget to do it?

I don't blame Matt, he's obviously trying something new in a world where a Penis suplex can get over and Roman Reigns is a serious thing... but this actually had me worried for his state of mind a few times... only thing I can see is he realised being the Troma or Roger Corman of Wrestling is a thing now...

This is a classic case of shoot the guy who said, I like this idea... we'll go with it, rather than the Hardyz...

Vince ain't gonna touch em now...

It was funny. It was over the top comedy. I'm a bit biased- I haven't kept up with TNA ever since Hogan gave Abyss his magical WWE HoF ring. But The Final Deletion was entertaining, different, and well produced. Things that people here usually don't say when they reply to TNA threads. It was very much like watching an Adult Swim show and that isn't a bad thing. The Hardy Boyz have taken a fairly by the numbers sibling rivalry and turned it into unique Must See What Happens Next television. It's not meant to be taken seriously. It's meant to be entertaining, and it was.

Matt Hardy using drone to project a hologram of himself. The Hardyz shooting fireworks at each other. Matt kicking out of a treetop Swanton. Willow emerging from the lake. The gardener tazing Jeff but somehow winding up under the Willow mask. Matt Hardy successfully executing a grander fireball finish than Hulk Hogan ever dreamed of.

It's nothing less than all sorts of stupid, but it's the most I've watched of TNA since 2010. Mission accomplished?

Also, that xylophone was pretty extraordinary.

I can't help but see this match as a good thing. Was it the most ridiculous thing I've scene since Triple H making sweet love to Katie Vick in a funeral home? Yes. But it was entertaining. I couldn't stop watching. The only real, legitimate complaint I have is the quick action cuts. It made it a little hard to follow at times. But it was so campy, over the top, and insane. Even from a "It was so bad it was good" perspective, this was must see TV. And in TNA's situation, that's a good thing. I haven't watched a TNA match since they tried to compete on Monday Nights. This had so much buzz. Even if you can't give this match your blessing, and hate it so much that you resent it, you still have to give them credit for trying something fresh.

Final Deletion, the match and all the segments leading up to it, was brilliant. The only negative thing I have to say was that the quick camera cuts made it a little hard to follow. Still, that was something unique that hasn't been done before, and has easily made this the Feud of the Year. Matt's character is fantastic, which helps make up for his declining wrestling skills. WWE hasn't had a show that entertaining in months, if not years, and none of their rivalries going on now even comes close to the Hardys. Kudos TNA, you've actually done something right.

Dear TNA, your DVDs are generally shite. Please release the entire new Matt Hardy vs Brother Nero as a DVD set with everything as "Directors cuts" with alternative commentary by Matt (in character)
I want to buy it

Anyone who is praising this segment, change the channel Disney channel is 46. WWE will always be on another level of any other wrestling company know matter how much it currently sucks. The 16 man match was more entertaining then this lmao.

Anyone who is praising this segment, change the channel Disney channel is 46. WWE will always be on another level of any other wrestling company know matter how much it currently sucks. The 16 man match was more entertaining then this lmao.

No one here is under any delusion that TNA will magically rise up and best the giant corporation. The 16 tag match was America vs Foreigners 5000, and was just yet another lazy booking decision. The same show had the Vaudevillains vs Golden Truth. WWE could air on the Dinsey channel at this point. So excuse us for giving someone out there a little credit for at least putting the effort into making something different.

If WWE fans can get behind unicorns, brass JRPG covers, and ass related cereal, I see no reason to shit on Final Deletion.

Kudos to them for trying something different that was intentionally bad for a laugh.

The Final Deletion is the Sharknado of professional wrestling. And that's the best thing is could have possibly achieved. People love Sharknado because of how outrageous it is, and it gets people talking whenever a new one comes out. The Final Deletion has done the exact same thing for TNA. I couldn't tell you the last time I've seen any TNA programming outside of the other Broken Matt segments, but I made sure to catch The Final Deletion.

Is it silly? Yes. Is it over-the-top? Yes. Is it awesome? Absolutely.

TNA needs to embrace the campiness and craziness of it and go fully in that direction. Take the storytelling out of the Impact Zone as much as possible and produce segments and matches like The Final Deletion whenever it can. It needs to be doing the opposite of WWE at all times, and doing something creative and original is the perfect way.

Honestly, didnt like one bit. Probably im very short minded and cant get the whole idea behind the (to my eyes) subpar segment and actual "match".

I get bizarre ideas, i like them, i get campiness, i get over the top. Yet, if they tried to do any of that, they failed.

Now onto the match itself....really? i mean, there was nothing special in that match, not even the botched spot of the fire.

And dont get me wrong, im not knocking tna, im knocking that particular segment/match.

Jeff and Matt had great matches in the past, they always did. This was just a very out of the box idea, that went south.

Once again, its just my opinion, theres no right or wrong in taste, this particular case was not mine cup of tea.

Did you see the opening segment of RAW on Monday? Talk about "Disney Channel" stuff. Grown men having a food fight.

I haven't seen it yet but the consistent talks about this match has surely profited TNA and has served the purpose it was fully intended for and that's making people talk about it.

Another thing: TNA has had a record viewership this week more than 400000 at Pop TV. Their whole purpose is served.

That was the dumbest thing in pro wrestling since Katie Vick. How could anyone like that? It was awful, and no one is talking about it. So what if they got 400,000 viewers. WWE gets 3,000,000+ every single week. TNA is irrelevant and always will be. It is insane and embarrassing to call that 'storytelling' and 'must-see TV'. You could not be more wrong. How is this a good thing? It's mind-blowing. Sorry if I rub anyone the wrong way, but that was truly an awful segment.

"...and no one is talking about it" he says, in a thread about it, talking about it, among other fans talking about it.

kgface.gif

I get you're being hyperbolic because you didn't like it, but the only who couldn't be more wrong is you. Because even former/current WWE performers like Jericho and Foley have praised it, and spoken their praise publicly on podcasts and Facebook.

People are talking about it. Even if that talk is to say how much they disliked it, and it's one of the best decisions TNA has made in a long time because of this. It's got people talking about TNA. That's what they need, because as the numbers boost proves, it gets eyes on the product. That gives them a chance to continue to get more eyes on the product and maintain/grow those numbers. Simple marketing.

That was the dumbest thing in pro wrestling since Katie Vick. How could anyone like that? It was awful, and no one is talking about it. So what if they got 400,000 viewers. WWE gets 3,000,000+ every single week. TNA is irrelevant and always will be. It is insane and embarrassing to call that 'storytelling' and 'must-see TV'. You could not be more wrong. How is this a good thing? It's mind-blowing. Sorry if I rub anyone the wrong way, but that was truly an awful segment.

No one is talking about it? You're talking about it right now though. Unless you consider yourself a "no one."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back