The Final Deletion

The segments were great. Funny.
The match itself was 4/10 at best. Weird editing.
The random stuff they did during the match was great(fireworks, willow, boat etc).
It was very creative.

Best match of all time? Hell no. Highly entertaining? Hell yes!

That was the dumbest thing in pro wrestling since Katie Vick. How could anyone like that? It was awful, and no one is talking about it. So what if they got 400,000 viewers. WWE gets 3,000,000+ every single week. TNA is irrelevant and always will be. It is insane and embarrassing to call that 'storytelling' and 'must-see TV'. You could not be more wrong. How is this a good thing? It's mind-blowing. Sorry if I rub anyone the wrong way, but that was truly an awful segment.

This is a thread talking about that match that you say no one is talking about. As a matter of fact you are talking about it yourself.

You know it's fine if you didn't like it, I myself thought it was a bit strange, but I give them credit for thinking outside the box and at least trying something different. It's not going to be to everyone's taste but that's okay, it did what it was intended to do and that's bring attention to the product.

what. the. fuck.

my brother and I used to do shit like that when we were 10.

i guess when the company is going bankrupt they need to get creative when renting arenas gets too expensive.

Okay a few people talking about. Point is they still only have 400,000 viewers, and how long are they going to stay tuned in?

It was the most watched episode since TNA moved to PopTV. 410K is significantly higher than their usual 310K-ish viewership. There are already memes and gifs made of it. Plenty of people are talking about it.

Matt Hardy is a creative genius, amazing what one can come up with when given some control of their own ideas becoming featured. It was that absurd it was fun, and the wrestling world are talking about it. TNA can use the positive vibes, and the LIVE episode July 12 to hopefully increase their momentum

I've spoken my opinions on Final Deletion in the spam sections, but since I'm so frequently down on TNA, I feel it's important that I speak up when I feel they're doing something completely right.

Here is the secret to understanding professional wrestling. You are welcome to disagree with it, just as you are also welcome to be wrong: If people are talking about it, it's working. The goal of professional wrestling isn't to make great art, it's to transfer dollar bills from one wallet to another. (Which isn't to say professional wrestling can't be art, but the "what is art" discussion will end when the sun swallows the earth.)

For the first time in what feels like forever, people are talking about something TNA did on their television screens. I can't remember the last time people actually wanted to come to this section to talk about something that doesn't involve late paychecks or ratings discussions. They've done something they haven't been able to do in years. Can they carry over the momentum into more viewers? That's Step Two; Step One has been successfully accomplished. A successful start has a better chance of further success than no start at all.

Here's my only main gripe with Final Deletion; Billy fucking Corgan is currently working for TNA. He is an absolutely brilliant composer, and the backing music, for a hilariously overtheatrical production, was mailed in. It feels like they were ready to go with a crazy idea like Final Deletion, but didn't go all the way with it; and if you're going to go over-the-top, you might as well go way the fuck over the top.

So this is Rayne, publicly stating that he thinks something TNA did was a brilliant move. I will even go a step further; the structural issues currently threatening TNA's survival are no longer coming from within the company, but are part of the larger issues affecting the cable market as a whole. TNA's actually doing shit right for a change, which is honestly even weirder than Final Deletion.

According to Jeremy Borash on Wrestling Observer, he pretty much edited and produced the Final Deletion and most of the Hardy bits. So Corgan himself wouldn't have been directly involved on the music and stuff. So I wouldn't be too hard on the ol' geezer, Rayne.

According to Jeremy Borash on Wrestling Observer, he pretty much edited and produced the Final Deletion and most of the Hardy bits. So Corgan himself wouldn't have been directly involved on the music and stuff. So I wouldn't be too hard on the ol' geezer, Rayne.
That's like forcing Michael Jordan to pass the ball to Christian Laettner.

It was certainly unique! Some bits I liked, some bits I didn't. I loved the fireworks bazooka and the Swanton from the tree. I disliked the Willow sequence and the ending was shit - albeit surprising (a good thing) as I fully expected 'Brother Nero' to win.

I liked the concept of fighting outside an arena m, Omega-style. I HATED the camera shots, especially at the start of the match, where we had a weird 'third-person/first-person' hybrid of camera behind Matt as he punches followed by camera behind Jeff as he punches.

Ultimately they took a base idea from Lucha Underground, which is fine by me as LU is bloody fantastic. In my opinion it didn't work as well as it could have (the drone sequence I thought was terrible) BUT as people have said it created a buzz. They put 10k viewers in their average. People like me who long since gave up on TNA and only rarely dip in and out actively sought out this match. Mission accomplished. It will actually be interesting to see where both go from here.

Oh and that's the first I've ever seen Reby Sky. WOW!!

Haha, I've watched this twice now and I'm still not sure how to take it. Were The Hardyz being serious, or were they doing it tongue-in-cheek. The accent Matt has developed for this angle is completely bizarre and I feel like I shouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did!

"It's a dilapidated boat!" was absolute comedy gold, that cracked me up big time. However it was meant to be taken, it's definitely created a buzz throughout wrestling, and got some much needed attention and eyes on TNA, so it has been successful in that sense. The challenge now is for TNA to KEEP these extra viewers and impress them enough that they keep tuning in to Impact in the coming weeks.

That was the dumbest thing in pro wrestling since Katie Vick. How could anyone like that? It was awful, and no one is talking about it. So what if they got 400,000 viewers. WWE gets 3,000,000+ every single week. TNA is irrelevant and always will be. It is insane and embarrassing to call that 'storytelling' and 'must-see TV'. You could not be more wrong. How is this a good thing? It's mind-blowing. Sorry if I rub anyone the wrong way, but that was truly an awful segment.

Yet, you take the time to comment on it? That dumb WWE RAW Jul 4th food fight was the dumbest shit I've seen on tv in a LONG time. I seriously doubt you have even seen the segment. You just trolled over from the WWE board because it's so boring and stale lately. Troll.....ignore.

I LOVED the segment. I laughed so hard I actually shat my pants. No lie. It was that awesome!

Yet, you take the time to comment on it? That dumb WWE RAW Jul 4th food fight was the dumbest shit I've seen on tv in a LONG time. I seriously doubt you have even seen the segment. You just trolled over from the WWE board because it's so boring and stale lately. Troll.....ignore.

I LOVED the segment. I laughed so hard I actually shat my pants. No lie. It was that awesome!

Yes I do, to tell you how bad it was. The food fight was 5 minutes and a one-time thing. This is a main event feud that lasted 30 minutes. See the difference?

Seen what segment? The Final Deletion? Because I just gave a summary of the first 10 minutes in my last post in this thread. And no I'm not a troll.

The production value was just bad, and it was more really bad comedy than anything.

Just watched it.

It was really an unique experience for me as it was the first time I saw something like this. Wrestling wise it was damn bad. Trading of finishers so soon into the match was bad. Entertainment wise, it was par. The end was weird too but so is Hardy Vs. Hardy feud. I think that TNA overdid with the background music there.

Still Kudos to TNA for trying something out of box and it seems like this change did pay them via viewership increase.

Now, my problem with this is that is that it should have been the end of this feud a way for jeff to take a break and push matt as a psycho heel character but after last night, it seem like this was just a the start of of the feud and we are going to have to sit through those type of vignette for a while now until we ge to the next match between these 2 for jeff's freedom and while this was great as a one off, if the over do this, it will become stale and won't seem special anymore.

After watching it all every week, I'm still unsure as to whether broken matt hardy thinks we should be laughing at, or with, him. Entertaining though, in a car crash way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back