Tag Teams that you miss

freaky107

Complete Awesomeness
I have been thinking lately about the tag team division pretty much going straight down the crapper. It has ben completely boring latley and doesnt have nearly enough exciting teams. So my question is this : What tag teams do you miss the most?

For me, it would have to be Paul London and Brian Kendrick. My reason for this is that i am a big fan of fast paced wrestling and to have two very fast paced high flying in a team was purley awesome. They were just so exciting to watch.

I also enjoyed Big Show and Kane. Even though i do like fast paced wrestling, Show and Kane were just so dominate and were still fun to watch.

Any thoughts?

I miss the most obvious choice... Edge and Christian. I mean... they totally reeked of awesomeness. Everything they did in the ring was great. The wrestling was great. The storylines were great. Their pranks were great. Their mic work was great. Everything about these 2 just defined entertaining tag team wrestling. And just for the record, their run where they did the 5 second pose in the ring... for those with the benefit of flash photography...was just BRILLIANT. I wish the WWE would just release a DVD of every single moment E&C had on television. I would purchase that so I could relive every match, every 5 second pose, every gimmick, every interview segment... everything. These 2 were ARGUABLY the greatest tag team of all time.

I miss The Spirit Squad.

Most people hated these guys but I thought they were so entertaining and great to watch. They worked well together and had great chemistry and they felt each others pain whoever it was in the ring at the time.
They were Tag Champs for the most part of 2006 and had some decent feuds with DX & The Legends and I feel that Vince and the writers could have done more with them rather than just disbanding them as suddenly as they did.

i miss the Road Warriors.some might disagree but i think these guys always put on a great match.i'd love to see a team try to recreate the Warriors with maybe Animal as their manager.but anyone who does that would be ripped apart by the old school fans.unless Animal's son ever decides to try wrestling then it might work.3D can claim to be the best tag team of all time but for me it will always be Animal and Hawk.

OH WHAT A RUUUSSSHHH!!!!!!!!!

Deuce N Domino, and Moore & Yang.

I loved Deuce N Domino. They were the first team I ever saw when I first started watching wrestling. I don't even know whether they were heel or face, I just loved their look and gimmick.

This leads me to Moore & Yang. I thought they were on the fast track to getting gold, but then Yang got busted and Moore got released. When Yang came back, they used him as a jobber, which pissed me off.

When those two teams fought, I didn't know who to vote for. The tag division was actually pretty good back then, it's just too bad they didn't have unified belts. Deuce N Domino, Miz & Morrison, Moore & Yang, Cryme Tyme, Hawkins & Ryder... It would have been good.

The team I miss the most is easily the New Age Outlaws. These guys were so awesome together in every way. Cutting promos, putting on exciting matches, and always being on the brink of main eventing, these guys were an amazing team to watch, and one that I loved back in the day. Unfortunately, and obviously, neither of them will EVER be back in the WWE, so that is not worth hoping for.

Another team I miss was X-pac and Kane. X-pac brought the excitement and energy, and Kane was the dominant member. Even their theme song was cool, with the mixup of both. There is even an outside chance of seeing this team again, even though it is very unlikely.

I miss lots of tag teams. Here are a few of them that I miss the most-

The Hart Foundation- I loved the pink and black attack. Back then, Anvil was the perfect powerhouse and Bret the technician.

Demolition- I never watched NWA or WCW way back so Demolition was my team over the Road Warriors.

British Bulldogs- I loved when they chased down Bobby Heenan with Matilda their mascot. Dynamite was pure power and yet a technician at the same time.

Strike Force- At the time, Tito Santana's flying forearm was the bomb.

The Brain Busters- Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson. Two members of the Horsemen. Nuff' said.

The team I miss the most is easily the New Age Outlaws. These guys were so awesome together in every way. Cutting promos, putting on exciting matches, and always being on the brink of main eventing, these guys were an amazing team to watch, and one that I loved back in the day. Unfortunately, and obviously, neither of them will EVER be back in the WWE, so that is not worth hoping for.

Another team I miss was X-pac and Kane. X-pac brought the excitement and energy, and Kane was the dominant member. Even their theme song was cool, with the mixup of both. There is even an outside chance of seeing this team again, even though it is very unlikely.

I was also a big X-Pac and Kane fan. They worked very well together. Both Kane and X-Pac can work well with anyone it seems.

Deuce n Domino always made me switch the channel. Lengthy and tedious entrance.

I'd go with the Hardy Boyz(early 00s) & Edge & Christian. Yeah, the obvious. How can you not miss these guys, very nostalgic.

Hmmm...I like when tag team partners looked the same, thus giving a higher feeling of partnership. I'd have to say that the team I would want back is Demolition. With the right guys I think they could recreate them today. Knox and Festus maybe. Just that of that, they would make a good tag team either way. Another team would be the Nasty Boys. They were really nasty for real lol. Hart Foundation is a given, both versions. I would sell my soul to have kept Canada/USA going. Notable mention: The Rockers, LOD, Too Cool....

For me, its Kane and RVD xD. I know it's not the greatest of choices, but the way that they were portrayed was good. RVD giving Kane Hungry Hungry Hippos for christmas was boss lol. As for teams from before the 00's it would be The Four Horsemen. That group made The Tag Team and the concept of a Stable.

id have to go with the teams from when tag team wrestling was the shit! The road warriors, demolition, hart foundation. samoan swat team, the freebirds, the horsemen, the strike force, the midnight express, the rock n roll express, the brain busters, doom, and even the nasty boys just to name a few.

oh yea, how could i forget, the steiners, the bulldogs, the rockers, the twin towers, the powers of pain and even the colossal connection which was andre the giant and haku!

ok bottom line is that the way the wwe is going with its tag teams there will nver be a fun exciting tag team division like there was in the late 90's early 2000's. i finally thought they had a good thing going when they unified the belts but then they go n break up primo and carlito why tag away anther tag team dumb IMP. one tag team i want back is gotta be any form of the old school d-x the outlaws xpac n hhh when ever there were together they were fun to watch listen to and cheer for.

if u want tag team wresting these days its all about TNA! watch one week and u can see how much they care about tere tag teams they have like 3 or 4 tag teams trying to get the belts which is awesome bc there is so much comp!

E&C for sure. So talented together. So talented apart. No question. They were really the nucleous of the whole legendary three way with the Hardy's and the Dudley's. Really the unsong heroes of the feud, given that they won every damn match, aside from TLC 3.

There are a lot of teams I miss and for various reasons.

The New Age Outlaws, they were hillarious, but a very forminable team, well rounded.

The Outsiders, Hall and Nash, I absolutely marked out for them everytime I saw them, we never knew who was gonna be targeted by them and humilated.

The Hart Foundation, I love the Hart family, awesome group, nuff said.

Edge and Christian, these guys were remarkable in how well they meshed, perfect partners and a perfect team.

Hardyz, see above.

The Brothers of Destruction, yeah I know they never really did team up a lot, though they still do on occasion, but I love Kane and Taker as a team, unstoppable, should have been together a long time

Owen and Jarrett, great well rounded team, with awesome gimmicks. "Don't piss me off." "Hey slapnuts." "Enough is enough." "I am not a nugget."

dude i totally can not believe that no one mentioned THE BEST tag team ever! Harlem Heat, i mean come on those guys were both power, and technicians, they had mic skills, they were close, they made sure that tag team wrestling was alive. plus it was awesome when booker didnt have those dreads, i mean come on now, why hasnt some wrestler just pulled those things when he takes off running, its bound to happen. and it was way before that queer King Booker gimmick.

I liked the Hart Foundation and Demolition were cool when they first arrived ( Crush ruined them)

The Horsemen (pick a combo)

Midnight Express (w Stan Lane)

The Freebirds (Hayes and Garvin)

Road Warriors

The Steiners

The Rock N Roll Express

Minnesota Wrecking Crew

The tag team that I miss are the best ones in my opinion which is Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit. No matter how much they didn't get along, when they were a team, NOBODY couldn't stop them. At there time period they were probably the best wrestlers ever to team up.

Anybody remember The Beverly Brothers, with The Genius as their manager?

They were great heels, and some of The Genius's promos were funny as hell.

But I miss Edge & Christian's "5-second poses" pure comedy genius, maybe when Edge comes back from injury he'el turn face and E&C reformation might be on the cards.

The WGTT of Haas & Benjamin were'nt bad when Team Angle split up neither.

And who can forget the Bros. of Destruction especially during the Invasion angle.

The team I miss the most is Priceless, pre-Job Squad or pre-Legacy, depending on which end of the table you are sitting. These guys had so much goddamn potential.

Honourable Mentions:

- The Hardyz (any form)
- Morrison & Dykstra (this was supposed to be the Miz & Morrison team. Imagine Dykstra's in-ring skills with Morrison...)

Who do I miss most? well, some have been mentions such as Hart Foundation, Demolition, LOD, but there are others. Natural Disasters was always fun to watch, the Mega Powers (hogan and macho together), M$Man and IRS with Virgil, Brother of Destruction, Rockers, I had an odd fun time watching the attitude era with all the stables like Men on a Mission, Nation of Domination, Disciples of Apocalypse, Ministry and then Ministry of Darkness, The Smoking Gunns, Bushwackers were funny as hell, 3 minute warning, The Mean Street Posse(hiliraious to watch get their asses kicked as Shane's rich boy pals), Brittish Bulldogs, the Colossal Connection, the Fabulous Freebirds(who had a short cameo in the movie Highlander, one of my favorites), Head cheese(or any team with Al Snow), Kronik( i liked them ok. they were 2 big guys who could move), the Oddities(what ever happened to Kurgan?), Radicalz, Quebecers, Midnight Express(old and new), Steiner Brothers(before Scotty injected a steroid factory), Harlem Heat, Twin Towers, and so many more that were just thrown together or taken apart before they could hit their stride or due to WWE's lack of foresight and insistance on size over talent.

I miss every tag team because there aren't any tag teams anymore. Shit there were only 4 and they just broke up another one (The Colons). You name 'em, and I probably miss 'em. If I had to pick though it would be The Dudley Boyz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back