MCM/GenMe and Trent Barreta/Caylen Croft

BourneToFly

Dark Match Winner
So I was just watching ECW since it's going to die soon. It seems to me that Trent Barreta and Caylen Croft are WWE's answer to the Motor City Machineguns. They're fast paced, high flying, and really fun to watch. With the exception of The Hart Dynasty and Cryme Tyme, they're the only legitimate tag team left in the WWE. I just feel like they're basically the WWE version of MCM. Even GenerationMe has the same style, so it's like WWE trying to regain a fast paced, fun tagteam.

Thoughts?

I dissagree. WWE really frowns on the style of wrestling that MCMG or Generation Me perform so croft/barretta can't really be called a wwe answer to those guys. They are similar yes (young and fast paced) but they will never wrestle the fast spot fest style of the TNA teams.

If by WWE's answer you mean a watered down ripoff then yes. The character's played by Barreta and Croft are basically simplified versions of the MCMG. But as far as their in ring ability they're nowhere near MCMG or Generation Me's level. To put it simply when I see MCMG and Generation Me in the ring I'm entertained, when I see Baretta and Croft I'm reminded immediately of how much better MCMG and GenMe is.

If by WWE's answer you mean a watered down ripoff then yes. The character's played by Barreta and Croft are basically simplified versions of the MCMG. But as far as their in ring ability they're nowhere near MCMG or Generation Me's level. To put it simply when I see MCMG and Generation Me in the ring I'm entertained, when I see Baretta and Croft I'm reminded immediately of how much better MCMG and GenMe is.

exactly and if people havnt seen mcmg overseas work i HIGHLY recommened watching their matchs against apollo 55......wwes style prevents barreta and croft being like any tna or roh team

The only thing the teams have in common is that they're young and are in teams. Croft & Berretta don't even have a tag team name. Lol. That just shows how much of a factor they are. Those 2 guys are average at best. I've yet to be impressed by them let alone wowwed like how MCMG & GenMe leave me. Really, there's no point to Croft & Berretta. I can see those 2 being released after the E is no more.

Reactions: gd
Not at all. The MCMG are actually, interesting and do much more flippys and cool looking moves that get me excited. People actually know who they are and they actually have fans. They've even wrestled in Japan and gotten great reviews.

Meanwhile, GenerationMe isn't really even what I'd call a team. They're more like 2 random spot monkeys who are in TNA just for the hell of it. Why did they even bother giving them names? They should've just been Monkey 1 and Monkey 2. Would've been much easier to identify them.

B&C on the other hand, are bland as hell. Posibbly the most unimaginative teams ever. There gimmick is that they're friends who play video games together. That's just awful. Furthermore, they just lost to YoshiDust, which isn't exactly the most prestigous team out there.

They may be similar in the fact that they're both jobbers, but that's about it.

What bugs me is that they are not allowed to be who they are in FCW. I've watched Croft & Beretta in FCW and I have been highly impressed. They have had the titles a few times and are probably the best team there. They are fun to watch and funny as hell on the mic. Sure they had that laid back, surfer type gimmick in FCW but in WWE they have had them push it where they both seem bored and they don't even care if they are there. Hopefully they will put them on SmackDown and let them have a couple matches with Cryme Tyme & Hart Dynasty to show that they are actually incredibly skilled.

In terms of The Guns. Right now, there is no body better in a juinor division tag team. These guys can fly, theycan mat wrestle, they can pull things you've never seen before and they are greta ont he mic. Mixing both a serious vibe with some comedy to make it entertaining.

I disagree trent barreta/caylen croft are not even in MCMG or GenerationMe's level yet.The dudebusters are really a joke for me they have that stupid arm movement that they do.This dudes are really lame they are not high flyers they dont have any style at all really they should send them back to FCW.They be saying that they are going to be the 2010 tag team slammy winners of the year hahaha yeah right.Come on.So the dudebusters same style as MCMG and GM hell to the nooooo!!!!!!!!!

Alright this cleared up a lot. I was never really seeing them as being like MCMG or GenMe. I just thought WWE was trying to create a fun, fast-paced tag team to combat them, to be an answer to the threat of these two TNA teams, but I do agree with the fact that they're a watered down, less entertaining version. They're definitely not Brian Kendrick and Paul London. It just kind of popped into my head for a minute that Vince McMahon was trying to have a fast paced team of high flyers, but their talent is nowhere near MCMG or GenMe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back