Dudebusters to TNA?

MoizH28

Pre-Show Stalwart
Okay so everyone has probably heard by now that WWE has released Trent Barreta yesterday and Caylen Croft awhile back. Trent is only 25 years old and Croft is 32. They both are very athletic and have decent ring work from the little I have seen of them on WWE. I would not be surprised if both of them got back as a team and came to TNA especially with TNA starting the Tag Team Pre Recorded PPVs.

Do you guys think Croft and Baretta would work in TNA?
Would you want to see these two in TNA?

I said a while ago on another thread about the Young Bucks/Gen Me, that at this point I don't really care what tag teams tna bring in as the division can't get any worse right now in my opinion. tna need to sign a handful of teams at this point and while the Dudebusters were never the best tag team in the world, They would still help strenthen the tag division.

I don't know what his status is in TNA, but they used to feature Anthony Nese on Impact before. Nese and Baretta used to train together when they first came up and were tag team champion in NYWC (same place where Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins came from). They were a very good tag team and would fit in nicely if TNA ever decided they wanted to focus on tag team wrestling again.

Never heard of the Dudebusters. Can't make my mind up whether thier name is awful or brilliant. What's their gimmick?

I'd hope at this point TNA isn't still THAT desperate for ex-WWE talent. The Dudebusterswere cool.. but they were never that relevant in WWE to begin with, so I'm not sure what TNA would be hoping to accomplish. This isn't a knock on TNA either for signing ex-fed guys. I just hope they'd draw the line somewhere between PPV headliner Jeff Hardy, and jobber only used on house shows Trent Barreta.

WWE never did anything worthwhile with them, so why would TNA? Apart from the fact TNA has a IMO better tag team division than WWE has had for years.

Don't we have enough guys on the Impact Wrestling roster as it is? I haven't checked the roster list on their website in a while, but it seems like a lot for only two hours of TV a week. (Some of them we rarely see on TV.) They've got the Gutcheck segment every month with new guys being brought in. Luke Gallows/DOC is part of the roster. I'm assuming Mike Knox didn't make the Aces N' Eights cut and won't be a regular, but who knows?

TNA needs to figure out what to do with what they have. Trent Baretta? Caylen Croft? Really? People complained about Mike Knox being revealed as an Aces N' Eights member, but he's a bigger name than those two.

WWE never did anything worthwhile with them, so why would TNA? Apart from the fact TNA has a IMO better tag team division than WWE has had for years.

Kids, don't do crack, especially rich kids. You pricks have nothing to feel sorry about.

Trent Baretta popping up on Impact Wrestling would be a nice surprise. It's a good talent with a good look that WWE had little for. Caylen Croft however belongs nowhere next or near WWE programming, TNA programming, ROH programming, iPay-Per-View, standard pay-per-view or any form of structure that allows him to wrestle with a degree of exposure because he is God awful.

Every time TNA brings in a future endeavored talent they lose credibility. They are literally being WWE's bottom feeder when they do that. If they want to become relevant they need to make their own talent. Not a knock on those two guys, they are fine or whatever, but I think if TNA ever wants to move toward a position where people consider them as more than an afterthought they need to generate talent from within.

Every time TNA brings in a future endeavored talent they lose credibility. They are literally being WWE's bottom feeder when they do that. If they want to become relevant they need to make their own talent. Not a knock on those two guys, they are fine or whatever, but I think if TNA ever wants to move toward a position where people consider them as more than an afterthought they need to generate talent from within.

Actually, that's not even remotely true. Talent is talent, regardless of where it once worked. It's only in this McMahon-run universe fans seem to live in these days that this us v. them mentality perpetuates, because back when wrestling was actually great, there were these things called territories where the same wrestler could work in multiple promotions and never get called idiot terms like "reject" for having left, or been fired from another.

WCW, in fact, built a million dollar company on the "cast offs" of what became their biggest rival, which is hilarious, because you never see people calling Triple H, Mick Foley, Steve Austin, the Undertaker, etc. etc. "WCW rejects". But I digress...

That said, I have no fucking idea who the "Dudebusters" are, so I can't quite comment on whether or not they should be brought in. I literally know nothing of either of these two guys, other than they worked for WWE and were in a tag team with a really stupid name. If they've got talent, personality and name recognition, I'm all for it, otherwise thanks, but no thanks.

It's hard to find top tier talent outside WWE because they sign the majority of good talent and develop them. The only people that actually feel that TNA intentionally brings in ex-WWE guys are the ones who know little about professional wrestling in the 90's or the Monday Night Wars, when all WCW and WWE did half the time was swap talent.

TNA also has to deal with the fact most top guys on the indies can stay working independently and earn more money than TNA can give them because the majority of TNA's talent works on pay-per-appearance deals.

I agree with the concept of TNA needing to bring in a few tag teams to strengthen their division and I am not even wholly against the idea of signing ex-WWE guys (regardless of their position on the 'E totem pole) providing they benefit the product but I think there are so many better options out there for TNA. Barreta is a great hand in my opinion and I'm liking the idea mentioned earlier in this thread about possibly teaming him with Nese but Croft was never good to begin with and it would be a waste of a roster spot. (speaking of wasting roster spots - Aces & 8's anyone?)

Last November, Trent Berreta tweeted the link to a news article about Caylen Croft. Croft, real name Chris Parvorne, retired from pro wrestling, and is now a full time elementary teacher in New York. It's safe to assume that now Dudebusters reunion will happen in TNA.

I disagree I think if TNA can turn guys that aren't look at by the WWE as stars and they become major stars in TNA I think it makes them look a lot better better. Just like in the 90's when WCW guys such as Steve Austin, Chris Jericho,Triple H and The Undertaker weren't seen to be stars in WCW, but became WWE's Major stars. I'm not saying Trent Baretta is the next Triple H but when CM Punk is putting you over on Cabana's podcast there has to be worth something.

No thanks. Too many small guys as it is.

Give me Alex Riley, Ted Dibiase, or even Kenneth Cameron, but the last thing I'd want is another small guy from WWE, just look how Chavo's worked out.

Barreta does nothing for me and TNA would be better off signing a cheap guy like Rubix to fill the role. Barreta is basically a cheap guy who got a WWE contract, but now since he's been with WWE, he'll no longer be cheap. You could probably buy 11/2-2 ROH talents for what this guy would cost you now, so it's a definite no in my opinion.

I'm all for signing WWE talent if I think it betters TNA, but this signing just doesn't seem worth it.

For the love of Calfzilla, this sentiment gets on my last nerves. Without fail, the same kind of people go on ad nauseum about TNA bringing in talent from other promotions (namely WWE) and place a blank space or static in their heads where the knowledge that WWE does the same should be. :banghead: Promotions acquire, hire, or "steal" other promotions' talent all the time - why is it such a big deal when TNA does it? That was a rhetorical question, mind.

Now, in any case, I agree that TNA doesn't really need the extra talent given how there are wrestlers not being used to the point where they've left the company over it. Though not exactly a complaint, I think that so much of the programming focuses on the same wrestlers to the point where at times the roster seems much smaller than it is. I can't really conceive of what adding them would bring to the company, so I hope not. I'd rather they bring back some talent they lost instead, before bringing in talent I'm not emotionally invested/interested in.

Last November, Trent Berreta tweeted the link to a news article about Caylen Croft. Croft, real name Chris Parvorne, retired from pro wrestling, and is now a full time elementary teacher in New York. It's safe to assume that now Dudebusters reunion will happen in TNA.

Either that, or their going to appear on Impact live in 90 days as the latest unmasked members of Aces and Eights. TWIST!

I never particularly cared for Trent Baretta. I actually actively disliked Caylen Croft and honestly felt like he would ultimately hold his buddy Trent back. Trent alone had an aura of a potential future superstar, but when Croft was around the two devolved into unfunny juvenile goofballs who didn't come off threatening. The trend of Santino Wannabes continues to this day, guys who attempt to get over by acting like a doofus for laughs but not possessing any exceptional in-ring offense or intimidating presence. Zack Ryder is the biggest offender. Trent Baretta had something though on his own, and it's a shame that he didn't figure out an act that could get him back on TV. What hurt him the most, in my opinion, was that he chose to devote a lot of time to a "Where's Trent?" gimmick that poked fun at his absence from WWE TV. I felt this was a childish, bratty response to a problem most wrestlers face early in their careers: How do you get the crowd to care about what you're doing in the ring?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back