Caylen Croft and Trent Barreta-- New hope for the return of Tag-Teams in WWE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well- Barreta & Croft were again a part of ECW this week. A small backstage segment & a match Vs jobbers. Nothing too special lastnight- but I do love thier set of tag-team moves. The powerbomb/neckbreaker moved looked real nice!

Plus- for all of you that didnt like it: They changed their music. I wasnt a huge fan of the music they had- but I did like the fact that it was different from the normal rock or hip-hop stuff that everyone else has as their music. But now- they have music just like everyone else. Some kinda heavy metal stuff apparently.

When is Vince gone move another tag-team up to ECW, so we can get a rivalry goinb between the 2 newly introduced tag-teams?? Im guessing within the next 2 weeks. Lets hope so!!

I'm not happy about that music change at all. Yea people were complaining about it but at least it was original. It stood out among the generic shit that most other guys uses. I thought it was just some background music at 1st. I do however like the fact that now they're using Beer Money's finisher. These guys could be legit once they get off ECW

The tag team that debuted on ECW was a breath of fresh air. And despite the common FCW physical feature, they still had something unique going on. After seeing their range of tag team abilities on Tuesday, I would say that they could play a part in the tag division as much as Kai and Tai did in the Attitude era. I mean, sure, they're really good competitors. But when you stop to think about it, picturing them with DX or even Legacy is just not possible unless it's a squash match.

I'm not happy about that music change at all. Yea people were complaining about it but at least it was original. It stood out among the generic shit that most other guys uses.

The old one only stood out because it was awful. I suppose some might not like the new song if they do not like hard rock, but that must be a fraction compared to how many people who cringed at the old song. It wouldn't have been changed so quickly if someone important didn't realize how bad it was.

I was really happy about the music change. This new one is not only great but I think it fits them better because it will get fans excited for the upcoming match when they make their entrance.

The old one only stood out because it was awful. I suppose some might not like the new song if they do not like hard rock, but that must be a fraction compared to how many people who cringed at the old song. It wouldn't have been changed so quickly if someone important didn't realize how bad it was.

:lmao: That is your opinion sir. I actually loved it and scoured the interwebs to find bittersweet symphony remixes so that I could hear more of it. Even for someone who hated it, you admitted that it stood out. That is something needed today in WWE. Characters are just starting to blur together which causes people to lose interest.

P.S. - I will petition for the return of Bittersweet Symphony
P.P.S. (or is it P.S.S.?) - Give them a tag name, even if it's The Dudebusters people said they went as. Awful name. Awful music. Awesome team

That is your opinion sir. I actually loved it and scoured the interwebs to find bittersweet symphony remixes so that I could hear more of it. Even for someone who hated it, you admitted that it stood out. That is something needed today in WWE. Characters are just starting to blur together which causes people to lose interest.

Standing out is one thing. Standing out because of being terrible is something that nobody wants. Besides, the new theme isn't even that similar to anyone else's except possible Evan Bourne's. I'd much rather have a song that sounds a little similar to another guy's song instead of a song that everyone can tell is mine because of how awful it is.

As for the remixes.... I'm sure they are good. I might look a few up myself, but the one they used for their ECW debut was the single worst entrance theme I have ever heard.

Give them a tag name, even if it's The Dudebusters people said they went as. Awful name. Awful music. Awesome team

That's not exactly how it works. A team could be the greatest team in the world in the ring, but that will not be enough to get them over if they have a song and name that sound awful. Wrestling fans need the best of both worlds. If the in-ring action is to be taken seriously, then they need a good sounding name and a good entrance theme as well because that helps them get over and can solidify their potential as a threat to the rest of the division.

That song would have done them no favors in the long run if they kept it because of how bad it was.

I'm willing to debate this further if you still disagree.

BTW, just so everyone can compare their (former) song to Bittersweet Symphony:

This song is apparently entitled "Semisweet Symphony".

[YOUTUBE]174Vp4JpFsA[/YOUTUBE]

I think it's definitely a Bittersweet Symphony ripoff and the title is pretty much a dead giveaway.

Compare to the real Bittersweet Symphony:

[YOUTUBE]Zx3m4e45bTo[/YOUTUBE]

Changing their theme song was an absolute sin, because it helped define their characters. You aren't supposed to necessarily like their theme, since they are Heels. This theme was perfect for their attitudes.

However, I was very pleased to see them get some mic time after the match was over with on ECW this past week. They are actually giving these guys some time to develop on the mic, which I am very surprised to see, since Vince has made painfully obvious that he is not a fan of tag team wrestling.

But good for Vince and good for them. Let's see some more tag teams come into play, Vince.

I'm willing to debate this further if you still disagree.

That's great because I do. Also, I'm happy there's still a few of us that cares enough about tag team wrestling to at least keep this thread going.

Standing out is one thing. Standing out because of being terrible is something that nobody wants.

I beg to differ. For the sake of argument let's disregard the fact that some people actually like their semisweet symphony (hahaha good find there Sidious). So now the general consensus is that no one can stand their music. That's even better because they're heels and aren't supposed to be liked. The theme song standing out for being bad just gives them another reason to be hated leading to more heat.

Besides, the new theme isn't even that similar to anyone else's except possible Evan Bourne's.

The simple fact that you can already name another superstar's theme the song is similar to goes to show that it is not original. My point is that semisweet symphony at least made them stand out among what has become generic characters in WWE. It gave them some personality among a group that's becoming harder and harder to distinguish between. Also, I had to youtube both Bourne's and their new theme just to remember how they sound. You're right, they are similar. Similar to many other theme songs of the past as well.

I'd much rather have a song that sounds a little similar to another guy's song instead of a song that everyone can tell is mine because of how awful it is.

Well that is your personal preference isn't it

As for the remixes.... I'm sure they are good. I might look a few up myself, but the one they used for their ECW debut was the single worst entrance theme I have ever heard.

You really should. You're almost sure to find one you like with the amount of mixes out there. I suggest the Jay-Z but my friends like the Coldplay version.

That's not exactly how it works. A team could be the greatest team in the world in the ring, but that will not be enough to get them over if they have a song and name that sound awful. Wrestling fans need the best of both worlds. If the in-ring action is to be taken seriously, then they need a good sounding name and a good entrance theme as well because that helps them get over and can solidify their potential as a threat to the rest of the division.

I was just thinking of a possible catchphrase really if people actually disliked the name and theme so much. However, I still disagree. There's no way the wrestling fans need all that to get someone over. We can't possibly all agree on what is a good song. I don't like most of the theme songs in WWE in fact and I still enjoy the wrestler if he's good in the ring and on the mic. The fact that Barreta and Croft's theme stood out so much should've been a positive sign to the WWE and not a red flag. More on that in a bit

That song would have done them no favors in the long run if they kept it because of how bad it was.

I think it would've helped them to get over as heels actually. Even if it's just the "Ugh I hate that theme song" from the fans, it at least gets the fans to care. I have yet to ponder why I should care about Drew McIntyre or Vance Archer. Absolutely nothing about them stands out and I have yet to see any personality from them. Just the fact that Barreta and Croft went with such an out-there theme song gave us a little taste of their personality and now that's already gone. The E dropped the ball with these two by switching to such a generic tune

I personally thought the old music was better- just cuz it was different. Plain & simple. I wont go any further into it then that.

My main reason for coming back & posting here is cuz of another tag-team I watched on SmackDown this week. (please- this is not a spam: I started this thread in hopes of new teams being added into the discussion) Another reason I started it in the WWE section.

What do you guys think of the team of Gordy & Yang? Can itwork?whenthey came out to the ring and Jimmy gave away his cowboy hat- I thought: "wow- kinda expensive to just hand to a fan". But then it was mentioned by one of the announcers: (I forget the quote) Something about not just being an asian redneck anymore- & something to do with "hip-hop" or something?? (maybe someone else remembers) THEN- I thought maybe this was Yang "killing off" the redneck gimmick and goin into something more "Jeezy-like".

Niether of these 2 have been on TV in a while, so I have ZERO problem with them forming up a tag-team. They actually have the ability to put on some great tag matches too!

I say: Run with it Vince!! If Gordy & Yang stick as a team, that'll be 2 new teams in less then a month!! YAY tag-team division!!

Has anyone toyed with the idea that ECW will become a TAG TEAM ONLY brand?

Think about it, MVP/Henry, Baretta & Croft, The Hart Dynasty, Primo/Bourne, UNIFIED tag titles being held by none other then D-freakin-X?! B&C have been brought into ECW through the new talent initiative just to give us a taste of whats to come, a place where all the midcarders & jobbers without any real chance of moving through the main event can compete for one of the most prestigious titles in the WWE.

Tag teams are on the way back baby, and I'd like the thank the Dudebusters for bringing it to us

That's great because I do. Also, I'm happy there's still a few of us that cares enough about tag team wrestling to at least keep this thread going.

Indeed. Glad you accepted my challenge, I haven't had a good debate on here in a while.

That's even better because they're heels and aren't supposed to be liked.

How do you know they are heels? They haven't done anything to really get them much heel heat yet. If anything, they seem like arrogant faces to me. We'll see if they turn or not.

The theme song standing out for being bad just gives them another reason to be hated leading to more heat.

They shouldn't use a bad entrance theme to get them heel heat. The only time that an annoying song helped a team become more annoying was Right to Censor, and that made sense. These guys though would not be getting heel heat from the song, they would be getting "YOUR SONG IS AWFUL" heat from it. They would have to fully turn heel and act like heels to get real heel heat.

The simple fact that you can already name another superstar's theme the song is similar to goes to show that it is not original.

No it doesn't. I can tell them apart because one is faster paced than the other. They sound similar, but look at how big the roster is. It is going to get increasingly difficult to find decent songs for everyone without a couple sounding at least a little similar.

My point is that semisweet symphony at least made them stand out among what has become generic characters in WWE. It gave them some personality among a group that's becoming harder and harder to distinguish between.

Their mic ability and in-ring skills are supposed to do that though, not their theme music. The list of what's most important in setting yourself apart from the rest of the roster from most important to least important goes something like this:

1. Mic skills
2. In-ring ability
3. Finishers
4. Gimmick/personality/character when you are onscreen
5. Entrance (movements, music, lighting effects)
6. Your name
7. Anything else

See what I mean there? They could separate themselves by being different on the mic, different skill sets in the ring, and their gimmick as arrogant gamers.... all before similiar entrance themes becomes an issue.

Let's keep using Evan Bourne since he was brought up as a similarity. Baretta and Croft are better on the mic, Bourne is more of a high flyer in the ring than they are, and his finisher is nothing like theirs. They already stand out when compared to him, and moreso when compared to anyone else in the federation.

Similar to many other theme songs of the past as well.

Which ones?

You really should. You're almost sure to find one you like with the amount of mixes out there. I suggest the Jay-Z but my friends like the Coldplay version.

I'll look them up.

I was just thinking of a possible catchphrase really if people actually disliked the name and theme so much. However, I still disagree. There's no way the wrestling fans need all that to get someone over.

Why not? It takes more to get someone over than you may think. Even the legends had to start from scratch.

The fact that Barreta and Croft's theme stood out so much should've been a positive sign to the WWE and not a red flag. More on that in a bit

Disagreed. They changed the music because fans responded to them positively, meaning that they will be given an actual push. There is no way that a song as awful as their debut theme would be used for a wrestler that is to be taken seriously. They can get a decent push and help out the tag team division in WWE all because someone important may have noticed "Hey, these guys need better entrance music if they are going to get over enough."

I think it would've helped them to get over as heels actually. Even if it's just the "Ugh I hate that theme song" from the fans, it at least gets the fans to care.

Wrong. If they hate the song so much it might get them to start disliking the team too. At the very least it would turn into "this is a great team, but OMG their song is horrible". Eventually that would have to change if they were going to be taken seriously.

I have yet to ponder why I should care about Drew McIntyre or Vance Archer. Absolutely nothing about them stands out and I have yet to see any personality from them.

Archer I'll give you, but how does McIntyre not stand out? He had a short run as an unknown, then came back this semester and made a huge impact because he was better than ever. Vince wouldn't have done the storyline of handpicking him as a future world champion if the guy wasn't talented or didn't stand out somehow.

Just the fact that Barreta and Croft went with such an out-there theme song gave us a little taste of their personality and now that's already gone. The E dropped the ball with these two by switching to such a generic tune

The tune is not generic. Name me 5 members of the WWE roster who have a similar sounding song, and Evan Bourne can't count since we have already mentioned him. If it's that generic you'll be able to without looking any up on youtube.

Their mic ability and what they do in the ring are supposed to show us their personality, whereas the entrance theme should be the "tip of the iceberg" rather than the 90% of it that's underwater. WWE did just the opposite of dropping the ball on these guys. Changing their music may have saved them from being future endeavored because fans can now take them seriously and get excited for their matches.

What do you guys think of the team of Gordy & Yang? Can itwork?

They would make an interesting team. I liked the team of Yang and Moore, and this reminds me of them because they got teamed up for the same reason that Moore & Yang did.... neither had anything better to do and weren't onscreen much. I predict that this could be a bit of a sequal to that team because Slam Master is a bit of a "reject" like Moore was, and Yang was in both teams. This could become "Redneck and Reject #2".

That being said.... I think it could possibly work but they would need to actually keep the team together because they are capable of putting on good matches if they don't get split up. They won't be a "true" tag team, but they would be entertaining and that's what matters.

Indeed. Glad you accepted my challenge, I haven't had a good debate on here in a while.

Anytime.

How do you know they are heels? They haven't done anything to really get them much heel heat yet. If anything, they seem like arrogant faces to me. We'll see if they turn or not.

Fair enough. I'm not 100% yet but they did insult DX as well as cut a cocky little promo after their match last week claiming next year's tag team slammy. They even snatched the mic from the announcer lady to do it. All seems heelish to me.

They shouldn't use a bad entrance theme to get them heel heat. The only time that an annoying song helped a team become more annoying was Right to Censor, and that made sense. These guys though would not be getting heel heat from the song, they would be getting "YOUR SONG IS AWFUL" heat from it. They would have to fully turn heel and act like heels to get real heel heat.

I never said they should use a bad entrance theme in order to get heel heat. But if that "bad" entrance theme gives a heel team some heel heat then it's a plus for them. Oh no, I tried my best to block Right To Censor from my memory banks and this is what you do to me. Just when I thought we were getting along hahaha. But yea I think they're definitely building up for a full heel run. They even got a few boos last show.

No it doesn't. I can tell them apart because one is faster paced than the other. They sound similar, but look at how big the roster is. It is going to get increasingly difficult to find decent songs for everyone without a couple sounding at least a little similar.

This is where you are wrong sir. It is quite possible for everyone on the WWE roster to have a distinct theme. There are so many genres of music out there that has yet to be utilized by the E. Semisweet Symphony was very distinct and helped Barreta and Croft stand out. I think if the E were really willing to try something different for a change then these 2 would still have it and we wouldn't get stuck with only metal and a handful of rap and pop songs for themes.

Their mic ability and in-ring skills are supposed to do that though, not their theme music. The list of what's most important in setting yourself apart from the rest of the roster from most important to least important goes something like this:

1. Mic skills
2. In-ring ability
3. Finishers
4. Gimmick/personality/character when you are onscreen
5. Entrance (movements, music, lighting effects)
6. Your name
7. Anything else

See what I mean there? They could separate themselves by being different on the mic, different skill sets in the ring, and their gimmick as arrogant gamers.... all before similiar entrance themes becomes an issue.

Let's keep using Evan Bourne since he was brought up as a similarity. Baretta and Croft are better on the mic, Bourne is more of a high flyer in the ring than they are, and his finisher is nothing like theirs. They already stand out when compared to him, and moreso when compared to anyone else in the federation.

Hmmm I guess I can understand why you have mic skills at the top (it is purely entertainment programming now) but find it strange that you think the finisher is more important than the character. The gimmick is really what makes or breaks a wrestler. The fans need a character to connect with, good or bad. I think that the theme goes hand in hand with what they characters are portrayed as. That's what it's there for: an easy and effective way to get the characters persona through to a huge audience. Thinking you know Edge or Batista walking alone or John Cena's time being now. Semisweet Symphony brought some personality to Barreta and Croft. There's no way you can argue that their new theme does that.

Which ones?

The Brian Kendrick for one, Benoit's old theme also.

I'll look them up.

Let me know what you think.

Why not? It takes more to get someone over than you may think. Even the legends had to start from scratch.

They sure did. And most of them had a bad-ass entrance theme that was identifiable. Think about the excitement the audience feels when Stone Cold's or The Rock's music hit. That's another thing it's there for. You hear a specific sound and you know that's your favorite wrestler coming out.

Disagreed. They changed the music because fans responded to them positively, meaning that they will be given an actual push. There is no way that a song as awful as their debut theme would be used for a wrestler that is to be taken seriously. They can get a decent push and help out the tag team division in WWE all because someone important may have noticed "Hey, these guys need better entrance music if they are going to get over enough."

Now you're just making an assumption (and we all know that means you're making an ass out of u and some guy named mption). There was no report on why the music was changed. It could just as easily have been a legal issue due to copyright infringement on Bittersweet Symphony.

Wrong. If they hate the song so much it might get them to start disliking the team too. At the very least it would turn into "this is a great team, but OMG their song is horrible". Eventually that would have to change if they were going to be taken seriously.

How exactly does that make what I said wrong? You just said hating the song might make people dislike the team which is what you're supposed to be as a heel team. That actually proves me right.

Archer I'll give you, but how does McIntyre not stand out? He had a short run as an unknown, then came back this semester and made a huge impact because he was better than ever. Vince wouldn't have done the storyline of handpicking him as a future world champion if the guy wasn't talented or didn't stand out somehow.

That's his storyline that stands out, not him. He still has no personality as of yet. He's just another tanned long-haired muscular dude in undies. If you think he stands out then tell me what his character is

The tune is not generic. Name me 5 members of the WWE roster who have a similar sounding song, and Evan Bourne can't count since we have already mentioned him. If it's that generic you'll be able to without looking any up on youtube.

Challonge!! hahaha. I shall accept. Their new song is similar sounding to McIntyre's, Gail Kim's, Miz's... uhhh CM Punk to an extent... and I'll go with The Brian Kendrick since you didn't say current.

Their mic ability and what they do in the ring are supposed to show us their personality, whereas the entrance theme should be the "tip of the iceberg" rather than the 90% of it that's underwater. WWE did just the opposite of dropping the ball on these guys. Changing their music may have saved them from being future endeavored because fans can now take them seriously and get excited for their matches.

Well I still disagree because my friends and I were excited when Semisweet Symphony used to come on but now we're left wondering who's coming out. Of course what they say on the mic and do in the ring shows their personality. But my main argument here is that a superstar's theme music is an easy way to get a character's persona through to a huge audience while showing what the superstar represents. Semisweet Symphony did that, Generic Metal Tune C does not

Fair enough. I'm not 100% yet but they did insult DX as well as cut a cocky little promo after their match last week claiming next year's tag team slammy. They even snatched the mic from the announcer lady to do it. All seems heelish to me.

Nah they seem like arrogant faces. It sounds kind of like something a younger version of DX would do. (2009 DX if they were in their 20's, not the original but better version of them). It might be borderline acts of a tweener, they may turn fully heel though. Then we'll know for sure.

I never said they should use a bad entrance theme in order to get heel heat. But if that "bad" entrance theme gives a heel team some heel heat then it's a plus for them.

That wouldn't be "I'm booing you because you're a villain" heat, it would be "Your song is awful, go away!" heat. They should get booed for acting like heels and not for bad music.

Oh no, I tried my best to block Right To Censor from my memory banks and this is what you do to me. Just when I thought we were getting along hahaha.

:lmao:

Yeah, Right to Censor was one of those teams that people just loved to hate.

This is where you are wrong sir. It is quite possible for everyone on the WWE roster to have a distinct theme. There are so many genres of music out there that has yet to be utilized by the E. Semisweet Symphony was very distinct and helped Barreta and Croft stand out. I think if the E were really willing to try something different for a change then these 2 would still have it and we wouldn't get stuck with only metal and a handful of rap and pop songs for themes.

True, there are definitely a lot of music genres out there. It might not sound right for some characters to come out to techno or oldies though. Rock and Rap are generally the best way to go, and in some rare cases (although I don't like the genre myself) country can work too depending on the character. I'm a big fan of heavy catchy rock songs, that may be why I like a lot of the current entrance themes.

Hmmm I guess I can understand why you have mic skills at the top (it is purely entertainment programming now) but find it strange that you think the finisher is more important than the character. The gimmick is really what makes or breaks a wrestler. The fans need a character to connect with, good or bad. I think that the theme goes hand in hand with what they characters are portrayed as. That's what it's there for: an easy and effective way to get the characters persona through to a huge audience. Thinking you know Edge or Batista walking alone or John Cena's time being now. Semisweet Symphony brought some personality to Barreta and Croft. There's no way you can argue that their new theme does that.

Yes and no. The Finishers are more important than the character in the sense that you can have two similar characters with two different finishers. Songs do set them apart further, but generally they don't get as distinctive songs until they are very over and/or breaking into the main event. Many guys started out with a generic theme, even Cena.

The Brian Kendrick for one, Benoit's old theme also.

Not really. Baretta & Croft's new song is much heavier than Brian Kendrick's. Benoit's had a different sound to it, more distorted guitar, whereas B&C's new theme has a 80's metallica feel to it.

Let me know what you think.

The Jay-Z one was pretty good. Haven't looked up the Coldplay one yet.

They sure did. And most of them had a bad-ass entrance theme that was identifiable. Think about the excitement the audience feels when Stone Cold's or The Rock's music hit. That's another thing it's there for. You hear a specific sound and you know that's your favorite wrestler coming out.

Yes, but that's not always the case until they are breaking into the main event. Stone Cold didn't have the glass shatter at first and the Rock didn't have "If you SMELL" at first. The wrestlers get better and more unique songs as they move up on the ladder.

Now you're just making an assumption (and we all know that means you're making an ass out of u and some guy named mption).

No actually it means that an ump will shun you lol.... I heard that on tv once, Fresh Prince I think.

There was no report on why the music was changed. It could just as easily have been a legal issue due to copyright infringement on Bittersweet Symphony.

Possibly. Until that report comes in, it could just as likely have been my theory that a higher ranking official wanted it changed. A lot of fans didn't like it though.

That's his storyline that stands out, not him. He still has no personality as of yet. He's just another tanned long-haired muscular dude in undies. If you think he stands out then tell me what his character is

A young Scottish wrestler handpicked by Vince to be world champion in the future who defeats anyone who stands in his way. He also reminds me of a young version of Triple H, that comparison has been seen by others as well. His storyline and his character happen to be one and the same right now. Sometimes new guys don't have "true" gimmicks yet. Look at Cena before he became the rapper.

Challonge!! hahaha. I shall accept. Their new song is similar sounding to McIntyre's, Gail Kim's, Miz's... uhhh CM Punk to an extent... and I'll go with The Brian Kendrick since you didn't say current.

I can easily tell their song apart from all of the above. Gail Kim's has a techno feel to it and I don't consider it even the same genre. McIntyre and Miz are slower heavy rock, B&C are fast heavy rock. Punk's has the most similarity out of any you listed, but even his I can tell apart. B&C's new song if compared to anything, can only be compared to Bourne because of that Metallica/Megadeth type of sound it has.... or Dragonforce if you want me to use a modern example.

Well I still disagree because my friends and I were excited when Semisweet Symphony used to come on but now we're left wondering who's coming out. Of course what they say on the mic and do in the ring shows their personality. But my main argument here is that a superstar's theme music is an easy way to get a character's persona through to a huge audience while showing what the superstar represents. Semisweet Symphony did that, Generic Metal Tune C does not

In the long run it would still have associated them with a really cheesy sounding entrance song because that's something that a wrestler should not have if he wants to be taken seriously. This new song if they use it long enough could become associated with them in a more positive way because it's the type of music that gets fans excited.

Your turn!

I've very much enjoyed what I've seen from this time, despite the horrible entrance music they started out with. They're very charismatic, and their first joke was great- "Didn't that guy used to be a pirate?", and I was ooked from the start. They're both very athletic, and fairly good in the ring, with great characters. They kind of remind me of Edge and Christian in that sense. It surprised me how badly the IWC reacted to them, and I'll bet its a matter of time before everyone warms to them, and I like the poisitivity in this thread.

As far as setting off the tag team division- I dont think so. If they were to bring up a lot of tag teams, sign some tag teams (The Briscoes are supposedly on Vince's shortlist), and build somethign, then we'll start talking, but for now I don't see it.
As far as teams, I think Jimmy Wang Yang and Slam Masta J work well together, and since the wWE loves putting over singles stars by having them beat a jobber star, why not have a jobber tag team to do the same?

As far as teams I'd like to see-
Sheamus and Drew McIntyre- Both hard-hitting blue chippers. Perhaps "The United Kings", would be a good name, based on their cockiness and homeland?

Chris Jericho and CM Punk- Probably won't ever happen, at least not in the near future, but would be pure awesomeness, and put on great matches.

MVP and The Miz- Of course, this would involve MVP turning heel, but I think it would work well with their cocky personas. I can't think of a god name for them, but it would help them get over and be a good team.

Dolph Ziggler and Mike Knox- A Michaels-Diesel-esque team, or even Jerishow-esque, with Knox being the big man taking everyone out, and Ziggler being the talker, and the one who provides the talent.

I watched ecw for the first time in a long time and caught these two guys in the back talking with goldust and yoshi.. First off I like them just by how they spoke.. They r the new kids on the block who act like most iwc.. They hate older wrestlers and want them OUT! So they act cocky and just sounder entertaining.. They don't sound as boring as ryder and hawkins had when they started.. Haven't seen them wrestle yet but I like them.. And idk if it has happened or pushed more but I'd like to see goldust and yoshi start taggin like tajiri and spike dudley (I think I don't remember so please don't bite my head off lol) and have them do what these guys do fight against no bodies work some tag magic and become a known face team... Then with croft and berreta always tlkin crap bout them and older wrestlers start a legit fued surrounding these four talented guys.. Yes goldust is talented and don't forget yrs ago he was suppose to return and get a HUGE push.. So this would make names for the three new comers and add more LEGIT teams to the small list already.. I like henry and mvp and hope they stay together with Kofi as a close friend of theirs.. Just an idea and opinion lol.. Great post btw

I do not think that this new team is foreshadowing a new return of ballyhooed tag team wrestling. I think that they are nothing more than another team. It seems as though in general in the WWE, there are 3 types of tag teams (not counting impromptu ones thrown together for a main event on smackdown or raw):

1. Veterans teaming up together. This typically happens when there isn't anything else to do with them storyline wise, so they make a tag team. Usually it seems they win the belts for a while, or at least contend for them.

2. New hires teaming up together. This isn't uncommon for a debut, but this seems to be done for mostly the sole purpose of determining which of the two has staying power. Eventually the team gets split up and one gets pushed and the other dwindles and gets future endeavored. There are a few rare exceptions (morrison and miz) where both do well in singles.

3. Tag teams that just sit around waiting to take on the tag teams from categories #1 and #2 above but aren't going anywhere. Cryme tyme is a perfect example.

So this emergence of croft and barreta hardly seems any different than anything we've seen before. I honestly don't know if fans lost interest so WWE stopped pushing a tag team division, or if WWE stopped for other reasons. But since we see impromptu tag teams thrown together during raw and smackdown all the time, probably just as often as singles matches, I can't see a new tag team division being given much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back