T. N. Oh no.

Danger Burger

Thread Killer
From the main site:

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting the angle where three masked men attacked Sting two weeks ago on Impact is a way to get Sting off television.

TNA needed a way to get Sting off television without people asking why he isn't going to be involved in the Bound For Glory series.

As of now, TNA doesn't know who they are going to have be revealed as the three men. It is expected the storyline will be put on hold for a little bit.

Why oh why would anyone be so unplanned?

Is anybody surprised? This is typical TNA. This is what makes Vince McMahon the #1 guy. There are stories around the internet and on podcasts, etc, that whenever somebody from creative pitches a storyline idea for Vince, the first question he ALWAYS asks is "What's your finish?"

If TNA would've just asked themselves that same question before they pulled the trigger on this stupid bullshit, they wouldn't have booked themselves into a corner with this.

Is anybody surprised? This is typical TNA. This is what makes Vince McMahon the #1 guy. There are stories around the internet and on podcasts, etc, that whenever somebody from creative pitches a storyline idea for Vince, the first question he ALWAYS asks is "What's your finish?"

If TNA would've just asked themselves that same question before they pulled the trigger on this stupid bullshit, they wouldn't have booked themselves into a corner with this.

Are you freaking kidding me? WWE has more stories that go nowhere, are never resolved, are changed with ZERO explanation or clearly have no idea what the goal is than TNA could ever dream of. I know TNA does a lot of stupid stuff but come on.

I wouldnt say theyre booked into a corner, the problem is the complete opposite. Like you said the finish is the second thing you should have. Theres only two things a story needs, a problem and a solution, and they forgot one.

I can only assume they had no finish for the AJ/Dixie problem, so it dragged and swerved and (hopefully) died. The sting scenario is still salvigable though... I guess i'll have faith. Shoddy, complicated or nonsensical endings are all too common in wrestling these days though.

So they couldn't have just had Sting said I'm going away for awhile without having to start a story in which they didn't have a finish for?

Yeah, you're right. WWE would never leave a storyline unresolved or incomplete. Whenever they are unsure where to go with an angle, they simply have the RAW anonymous General Manager, podium and all, bring it to a logical conclusion.

Hogan: "We need to get rid of Sting, BROTHER!"

Bischoff: "I know, Garrett can take him out and then-"

Lagana: "For the 2,000th time, we're not pushing Garrett up everyone's ass, he is what comes out of everyone's ass, because he's shit."

Hogan: "Listen to him, JACK!"

Sting: "We could always bring back Jarrett to take me out, because considering my Hall of Fame induction, thousands of fans calling for Jarrett to have been first and the fact It'd be a nice comeback that could lead to an interesting storyline, we could attract viewers over it."

Bischoff: "...Jarrett?!"

Hogan: "Guy we sent to Mexico, DUDE!"

Bischoff: "Oh yeah... hey, can we send Garrett to Mexico and push him in the M-"

Hogan, Sting and Lagana: "NO!!!..."

Hogan: "...Brother!"

Kind of a weak beatdown if it was meant to keep him off TV for a while.

How about this, "Sting, why you no in da BFG Series?"

Answer: "I'm in my fuckin' 50's and shouldn't have to score points to earn a title shot."

Regardless, this info came from a BS dirt sheet and better it gets out that there is no ending rather than the actual ending. This in some ways is an improvement for TNA.

Has nobody noticed the flaw in this report yet? Prior to Sting's beatdown, all of the participants in the series, except for the loser of the Roode/ Anderson match, had taken place and Mike Tenay had explained that these were the complete 2012 BFG Series competitors. In other words, it had already been established that Sting was not part of it.

I could see this as a way of removing Sting from the title picture until Destiation X is out of the way when he can return to get his rematch with Bobby, given that Roode had screwed him at Slammiversary X by using the beer bottle (which is a simpler and much more logical explaination).

They probably have an idea but no set conclusion.

I say wait for the storyline to actually conclude first, for all you know it could turn into something really good. It can't be any worst than Rikishi running over Austin.

Kayoh is an idiot. Klunderbunker explains why.

Onto this "report", I'm calling bullshit. TNA and the WWE have both been shitty at times with storyline follow-up, but as Barber points out, the competitors were already picked, so it would be too late to take him out. TNA might ignore it for a while as the BFG series builds up, but it'll probably come back in a month before BFG.

Kayoh is an idiot. Klunderbunker explains why.

Onto this "report", I'm calling bullshit. TNA and the WWE have both been shitty at times with storyline follow-up, but as Barber points out, the competitors were already picked, so it would be too late to take him out. TNA might ignore it for a while as the BFG series builds up, but it'll probably come back in a month before BFG.

Ahem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back