It's That Time Of Year Again - Sting Edition

That's total horse horseshit. The fact that Sting has never be in the WWE has absolutely no effect on his legend status. Who the hell would think any less of him?

I would definitely think less of him if he concludes his career without having competed in WWE, even at his advanced age. I'm not saying the guy isn't a legend, but the extent of his legacy is definitely minimized without at least a brief appearance on the grandest stage of them all. It's a Doug Flutie analogy.

The dude's made Vince McMahon beg like a dog for years.

I'm more than satisfied with his legacy.

The thing is, would he really pop the buyrate if he had a Mania match? It would be a nice nostalgia thing for viewers of a certain age but most kids wouldn't give too much of a damn if he faced Taker. I suppose there would be other matches on the card to cater to them but even still, it's not like it's a deal that WWE should be really desperate to pull off.

If WWE's really making a play for older fans with this Network thing, Sting could be a huge asset this year.

I have no problem with Sting calling it a career. I don't see it tarnishing his legacy if he does go to WWE but he had a great career without going to WWE, he's one of the few guys that can say that in the last 30 years which says a lot. At this point Sting in WWE doesn't do much for anyone, even the fans that are clamouring for it will find that out the day he winds up on WWE TV (hopefully they won't have to). 10 years ago that would be huge but not so much now.

Sting reminds me of latter day Ric Flair. The good stuff was so long ago that I don't accept it's the same person.

I's still like to see him show up for a short run though.

If WWE's really making a play for older fans with this Network thing, Sting could be a huge asset this year.

Thats a fair point. Could work better for both as WWE have more use for him and Sting could be guaranteed a steady income as part of a legends roundtable or god knows what. Both could be more willing to negotiate.

He's also great at heartless advertising.

Sting reminds me of latter day Ric Flair. The good stuff was so long ago that I don't accept it's the same person.

I's still like to see him show up for a short run though.

It would be cool to see just for one promo and maybe a well protected match, but it's not something I'm dying to see.

If the match happened now though, well, it wouldn't be much worse than it would've been 10 to 12 years ago, since Undertaker moved back then like Sting does now, odd how they've kind of reversed. Like Sting's aged naturally and Undertaker is some Skeletor like freak.

I'm in the boat of wanting a 55 year old Sting over getting a 45 year old Batista.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by Mick Foley or even Ric Flair. Also, I wouldn't mind him facing a newer talent to get said talent over.

However, I'm completely against the idea of having him face The Undertaker. For starters, the whole "Similar Gimmick" shit is ******ed. Sting is The Crow and Undertaker is [at best] Grim Reaper. Not really that similar if you as me. Second, I'm pretty sure that their styles would never go well. And I'd the rather not see two of the biggest names have the worst match in their careers in a "once in a lifetime" match. That's just me.

Has anybody been inducted by Hogan? If not, Sting would be fitting as they generated the biggest story in WCW history, and Sting is a special induction, having never competed in the E.

Lance Storms latest blog notes that Sting would be a brilliant choice to induct Warrior, seeing as they started out together in the Blade Runners or whatever, and most importantly, Sting is one of the few guys who didn't badmouth warrior on the WWE DVD.

The thing is, would he really pop the buyrate if he had a Mania match? It would be a nice nostalgia thing for viewers of a certain age but most kids wouldn't give too much of a damn if he faced Taker. I suppose there would be other matches on the card to cater to them but even still, it's not like it's a deal that WWE should be really desperate to pull off.

WM XXX would probably draw anyway. Good point!

Honestly, it'd probably be hard to make a story out of Taker vs Sting only because the two (when sting's gimmick first started) gimmicks are similar. Fact of the matter is, it'll be for nostalgic purposes. Hell I even had a tough time trying to think up stories in TEW for the two.

Honestly, it'd probably be hard to make a story out of Taker vs Sting only because the two (when sting's gimmick first started) gimmicks are similar. Fact of the matter is, it'll be for nostalgic purposes. Hell I even had a tough time trying to think up stories in TEW for the two.

You mean the zombie and the surfer? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back