It's That Time Of Year Again - Sting Edition

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Since we're coming up on Wrestlemania season, everyone and their mother thinks Sting is going to WWE for Wrestlemania.

Here's what I want to know: Assuming Sting leaves TNA, why does he have to go to WWE? Why can't he just go home and stay out of wrestling? Every year that we hear this argument it comes off like Sting MUST go to WWE or he'll be attacked by rabid possums. Why does Sting have to go to WWE when he leaves TNA? He'll be 55 in April and has probably made a fortune over the years. Why does he have to go to WWE?

I'm on both sides of the fence here. Sure I'd love to see Sting come to WWE and have a match or two (I'm thinking Cena and Taker). If he doesn't though, so be it. Good on him.

It truly depends on what he wants to do. He could be one of those wrestlers that feels that wrestling is all he knows. He might need to stay around the business regardless of how much he's saved up throughout his career. If he goes to WWE for Wrestlemania, it could be a nice payday for him, but would they want to keep him afterwards?

The only thoughts I have.

One: Wrestlemania would be a hell of a retirement party, and the smarky 'mania crowd would give Sting his due. Nice retirement bonus too, I'd bet.

Two: Its a feather in stings cap EITHER way. If he goes, he gets his Wrestlemania moment, if he doesn't, he's the guy who never joined WWE.

I don't care to speculate, I'd take it if offered. I would look forward to it and I think it would be nice for Sting. But I'm a sap for the elderly.

KB seems to hate the idea of Sting and WWE coming together more and more each year.

Why?

I don't hate it. I don't see why it's necessary though. I like the idea of there being one guy that never went. It's like the Undertaker's Streak. Without that one thing, both guys aren't nearly as legendary.

I am okay with having Sting and Warrior being both inducted in this year's Hall of Fame. Maybe a tag match for old times sake against The Real Americans and I'm done.

I love Sting, but I'd rather he retired than wrestle Undertaker in a match at Mania, allowing the new fans to see nothing but the older, slower, kinda broken TNA Sting that wrestles in a t-shirt, in a match booked as an epic, that will probably disappoint.

I don't hate it. I don't see why it's necessary though. I like the idea of there being one guy that never went. It's like the Undertaker's Streak. Without that one thing, both guys aren't nearly as legendary.

That's total horse horseshit. The fact that Sting has never be in the WWE has absolutely no effect on his legend status. Who the hell would think any less of him?

I actually don't care. I'm more excited about anything Daniel Bryan does than Sting making his "long-awaited" debut in WWE only to wrestle one match on a Legend's contract.

If that ever happens, I would love to see him more as the "Insane Icon" character (not necessarily with that very name), than the Crow Sting, Blonde Sting, or the general Icon Sting.
Insane Icon Sting vs Undertaker would be like Joker vs Batman. A man The Undertaker isn't acquainted with, a man immune to The Undertaker's mind games and tricks. A man that is as accustomed to the darkness as The Undertaker is.

To quote Alfred Pennyworth,
You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand.

With respect, Master Wayne, perhaps this is a man that *you* don't fully understand, either.

As in the Undertaker who has had the best matches of his career without using those mind games and just being Undertaker the Legend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back