Sting, just do the right thing and go to the WWE

This is a very intriguing post. You know, I don't think it would be such a bad idea to see Sting in a WWE ring. I'm certain it would be good for business, too. Now, I do remember what Sting himself said in his TNA Return Of An Icon DVD. He said he never wanted to be in the WWE because of how he felt his character would be used. Personally, I think that, Vince being Vince, he would let the fans soak Sting in for a minute and then piss all over him.

Personally, I think if Vince actually played it safe and smart for a change (and not put him in a BS program like he's doing with the Hitman), than this could be just what Sting and the WWE need.

I think, if WWE actually acquired Sting, they should start hyping up his debut right around November - and maybe even as early as SummerSlam, they could start circulating a foreboding rumor that Sting had been approached for a Hall of Fame nod.

Give him the works; the cool teaser vinettes, the creepy signs of his arrival, the whole royal treatment. Bring Good Ol' JR back on commentary just to make sure that it sinks in. Have him debut at the Rumble and win the actual Rumble match. After that, have him challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship (regardless of who has it - although it would work well if someone like Cena was champ at the time; IT WOULD WORK BEST IF RANDY ORTON WAS CHAMP AT THE TIME!!! Can you imagine that? The ultimate Legend Vs. Legend Killer Match at WrestleMania!!).

At Mania, you have him win the World Heavyweight Title (not the WWE Championship) - preferably from Randy Orton. The night before, put him in the Hall of Fame. This way, he goes out on top of the world with the belt on his shoulder that began his career.

Having him in WWE could also set fans up for two classic Icon Vs. Icon programs against Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker, respectively. I think it would be pretty cool...

...but would Sting?

I want to say at one point way back when, The Rock showed interest in wanting to work a program with Sting. If it was done right (and by done right, I mean let the Rock and Sting have complete creative control over the angle) I could see him and Rock in a feud for a final farewell to both from the wrestling world. Summerslam would be an interesting start point but I would think that Rock vs Sting would be more of a Wrestlemania moment.

Sting has grown stale. He needs to end his carreer in WWE on the biggest stage. Being known as the greatest wrestling star to never work with the WWE isnt that great to be known as..lol Its like being Dan Marino who some would say is the greatest QB to never win a Super Bowl. I hate the WWE product it hasnt been fun in years, but lets face it they are the Super Bowl of the wrestling business. There belt has been held by the greatest names in history from Rock,Flair,Hogan,Austin,Warrior,Andre,Bret Hart,and the list goes on and on.

Yeah I dont think Sting needs the WWE, but he is stale in TNA. Why not go and give your fans something to be proud of. Make that last year of your career something special. He could single handly give the last great suprise in a over all stale failing wrestling era. Hell it might make me watch WWE again. I though Bret Hart would but he just isnt working out. Bret was a guy known for in ring talent not on the mic. He doesnt have that talent anymore. Sting however can still go on a pretty high level.

Sure Dan Marino didnt need a super bowl to have a good career, but we still have to see him on the NFL network countdowns of top QB's to never win a super bowl. Hell google it he is number one. In fact you see his name more when they talk about not winning a super bowl. Sting you didnt like WWE because of thier adult programming before and now your beloved TNA is trying to make the change to adult content while WWE has backed up to PG content.

I think its time for a much needed change. Go ahead and get your SUPER BOWL!!!

A better analogy than the Dan Marino comparison would be a Damon Allen comparison.

Who, you say?

Damon Allen played his entire professional football career in the CFL, throwing more touchdown passes in pro football than anyone else. However, no one knows who the hell he is, because he played in the "B" league, with a smaller audience and less exposure. Allen was a great quarterback, but not good enough to cut it in the NFL. And to be recognized as one of the greats, you had to prove yourself in the NFL. Like Doug Flutie did. After a stellar career in the CFL, he had to go back and try the NFL one more time, his legacy demanded it. Allen couldn't make the leap, in fact I don't think he even tried. And he won't ever get the respect he earned because of it.

If Sting remains in TNA until his imminent retirement, he'll be just like Damon Allen, respected by the hardcore CFL fans, who are a fraction of the total football audience, like the TNA smarks will respect Sting but he'll never achieve his full due props. To establish yourself as one of the best, you have to do it at the highest echelon. If you can't or won't, your achievements will never be quite the same, you'll be "what if'd" forever. To truly consider Sting as an elite pro wrestler, he's got to go on the grandest stage of them all, and do it with the big boys. Otherwise it's all speculation and conjecture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back