If Sting came to the WWE, who would you want him to feud with HBK or Undertaker?

LikeABoss13

Occasional Pre-Show
This topic here is a good one because it involves 3 of the worlds best superstars in the wrestling industry today. It involves Sting, Shawn Michaels, and the Undertaker. Now the question I want to know from everyone is, "If Sting came to the WWE, who would you want him to feud with Shawn Michaels or the Undertaker and why?"

I would want him to feud with the Undertaker because it would be interesting to see how these to wrestle against each other. It doesn't have to be a special match like a Hell in a Cell or Casket Match, but a regular match. These 2 wrestlers are described as the 2 best ever and for this match to happen it would involve Sting to come to the WWE after he was done with TNA. But Sting will never ever do that. But just image how classic of a match it would be between the Undertaker and Sting. I am not saying Sting vs Shawn Michaels wouldn't be as good, but it would be really good in fact. Now I told you what I think, I want to hear what you the fans think.

First off, the Sting to WWE has been done to death, and it usually comes out with the conclusion that he would face The Undertaker.
It just makes sense to everyone that he would face The Phenom, those two never being in a 1 -vs- 1 match is in the top 3 matches everyone wants to see (Hogan -vs- Austin and Rock -vs- Cena being the other two)

Sure Michaels -vs- Sting would be great, but if Sting had only one rivalry it would have to be a one match at Wrestlemania vs The Undertaker.

Just Imagine this match headlining ANY wrestlemania:

Sting -vs- The Undertaker.

'Nuff Said.

Neither......cause I dont want to see Sting in the WWE anymore.....The WWE, or Sting, or the both of them clearly dropped the ball 8 yrs ago in the spring/summer of 2001 when WCW folded, and failed to take advantage of what could've been.....there isnt a wrestling fan alive, who can sit there and say with a straight face, that they werent dying to see Sting drop from the rafters and lay the Undertaker out....culminating with a match at Summerslam 2001, and beyond....or at the very least, bring him in around Survivor Series/Rumble and have him work Undertaker at WMania, right alongside Hogan vs Rock and the Hall and Nash singles matches....Wouldve been amazing to see Sting vs the Undertaker in 2002 WMania, cause Sting was much more viable then...now I dont see myself caring at all that Sting is the only major superstar to never Crossover and work for WWE....alas, what could have been...!?!

I would have to go with Shawn Michaels. Seeing the two of them together on that Gospel program really let off a spark in my mind of if they can have this great of conversation, how good of a match could they have.

Sting V. Undertaker wouldn't have the same feeling for me, because it would obviously just be another 'streak' match. HBK and Sting would have a great match with no stipulations, while if he fought the Undertaker, the Streak would already give me the assumption 'Taker would get the win.

@ Motor City: I don't know who you've been talking to, but not everyone wants to see Cena/Rock, or at least it wouldn't be in their top 3 'never happened' dream matches. It's not in mine, anyway.

you're right

and Rock vs Cena is good but Rock vs HBK is the GREATEST match to never happen obviously those two shouldve wrestled and couldve given a great match and great promos leading to it

imagine the highlight video for that one

they had every damn chance and didnt make a Hogan/Austin or Rock/HBK match

well atleast we got Rock/Hogan that was great

Austin/Goldberg, Chyna/Beth Phoenix & DX vs nWo would be good too (and since everyone always asks i mean the original 3 of the nWo vs DX HBK, HHH & X-pac (i'd put the outlaws in there too, why not a 5 on 3) at the time i mean

anyway if there could be Austin/Hogan & Rock/HBK i'd be satisfied

and Rock could come back, he's in movies so why not just do a WWE film and promote it as he promotes a match against HBK @ WM then later wrestle Cena at SummerSlam

its as simple as that

Id love to see both of those matches. Undertaker being the most wanted. If Sting does end up in WWE, I would really hope it wouldnt be Sting vs Taker at Mania. Any other PPV than that. At least that way it is not as predictable. Maybe have a best of three or something. Come to think of it Id love Sting vs Jericho also. I dont think they crossed paths in WCW.

personally i would prefer 2 see sting vs undertaker as i feel their both darker characters and would put on a clinic wouldnt be as good as shawn michaels vs the undertaker this year but still good

Considering that HBK & Taker pulled off the dream match off at WrestleMania25 with both doing their jobs perfectly enough for the whol world-wide audience to cream enough to get every woman pregnant simultaneously, I would say that both feuds would be a great addition to the WWE.

If he does come to the E, he should be placed in a program with HBK due to the fact that this feud would not become as much of a classic as the Taker/Sting feud. HBK is one of the greatest, but pitting him against Sting does not have that same aura around it as having the Phenom take a step up. HBK has also had the better feud of his career compared to Taker. It would look a lot more better for the big feud of the year to go to Taker as he deserves more accollades than he currently does. This doesn't involve a title, would keep the streak intact if these two were to face at WM & benefits the business for the older fans to enjoy two of the greatest past wrestlers going against each other.

i think sting vs taker would be awesome but match would be more of a battle of who's gimmick is better but sting vs hbk would be an even better wrestling match probably the best match of all time

i think sting vs taker would be awesome but match would be more of a battle of who's gimmick is better but sting vs hbk would be an even better wrestling match probably the best match of all time

Who's gimmick is better? And you listed HBK and Sting? :lmao: Really? you can't be serious. The Undertaker has had and still has the best wrestling gimmick to ever exist... It's a simple as that, no one comes close to in that category.

Back to topic. I think I would go with Taker vs Sting. But I want to see crow sting back. The one that didn't speak at all. He just stalked his opponents. How amazing would that feud be. Each time the other wrestled, you would have the other stalking the one wrestling. It could be one of the best build ups in history. Imagine Sting not saying a word. And Taker maybe saying something like Sting will finally rest in peace. I think it would be cooler without either saying a word. That IMO would be one of the greatest feuds that could happen that we haven't seen.

I'd like to see him job to HHH.

(pause).

In all seriousness, the hype for Sting vs. Undertaker, as in the promos, segments, etc. etc. would be more remarkable, with both of them appearing out of darkness, etc. etc.

The best match though, would likely be against HBK because, well, HBK is one of the best pure wrestlers who has ever lived.

If he were to come to the WWE for a retirement run, I'd like to see both feuds.

And the job to HHH.

First off, the Sting to WWE has been done to death, and it usually comes out with the conclusion that he would face The Undertaker.
It just makes sense to everyone that he would face The Phenom, those two never being in a 1 -vs- 1 match is in the top 3 matches everyone wants to see (Hogan -vs- Austin and Rock -vs- Cena being the other two)

Sure Michaels -vs- Sting would be great, but if Sting had only one rivalry it would have to be a one match at Wrestlemania vs The Undertaker.

'Nuff Said.

^^^^ What he said.

This has been done to death but it obviously has to be Taker. Those two would be epic but I would have prefered seeing it back during the invasion or something. They'd still be good now but better back in the day.

Michaels would be a great match, no doubt, but no where near as big a build up as Taker/Sting.

Like most y'all I feel that Taker vs Sting would be the way to go. I'd like to see Sting in flashes. Make it seem like the Taker is seein Sting everywhere....or is it all in his mind? Then at WM the streak comes to an end laying to rest the careers of 2 amazing wrestlers.

...Anyway...

I don't want stipulations destroying my matchup at WrestleMania, so I'm going with HBK vs. Sting. If it is at any other time on the WWE Calendar like the road to SummerSlam or Survivor Series. I wanna see Undertaker vs. Sting. I would like to see the buildup for this match take a while.

if sting came to wwe as what he is now duh of course he would gimmick i mean guys. sting vs undertaker i would love that and hbk vs sting triple h vs sting MAYBE sting vs kane if its true kane might be gone from wwe if sting came to wwe and he would still be here when kane left

I couldnt help to notice how many matches 'Rise/Fall WCW' had of Sting which is strange since he is the 1 guy who Vince never had and I'm sure Steve Borden has full creative control of his gimmick. Its alittle odd unless their is some kind of royalty deal Sting is getting from the WWE much like Jeff Hardy is about to get. So...i sit here thinking will Sting come to the WWE, I think so but not as a wrestler.

But as a GM/Commissioner role. He wouldnt have to wrestle except for a few instances, if he felt like it and yet the merchandising would be through the roof. Sting gets a good check, merchandise is up, the show all of sudden becomes viable. Raw sucks, lets face it. Also, as a pure HUGE longshot, lets say the Ultimate Warrior does manage to get in the HOF (unlikely), Sting would be perfect to induct him since they broke in together as part of the Blade Runners.

Lastly, Vince gets the one guy he never got to seal the end of WCW once and for all showing that to make it one has to come to the WWE. Even most of the TNA marks (AJ/Joe/Daniels) even had 1 day in the WWE (tryout)

I think i would probably say HBK. Though i would probably rather see him do something with one the younger guys like Jericho or Orton who have both had great feuds with "legends". I doubt we'll see either though. At this point i'm just hoping he considers a guest host spot on RAW that includes a match.

This is a very tough one for me. I am a huge Sting and HBK fan as U can tell from my username. On one hand, I would love to see Sting vs Undertaker just because of their difference in style of wrestling and because of their gimmicks. I think they would fit good into a feud as part of a good vs evil angle or something like that. But I think I'm gonna have to go with HBK vs Sting. Looking back at the match with him and Undertaker, I think it was HBK who brought out the best in Taker and not the other way around. I think he could do the same with Sting and bring out the best in him and produce an amazing match with the Stinger. It could also be done in a retirement angle and say that HBK retired flair and he'll retire the Stinger as well. That would be huge for HBK. Not that he needs any more things on his resume but to retire both Flair and one of Flair's classic enemies would be priceless.

'Nuff Said.

The fact that it'd be at Wrestlemania would put me off. Who's going to win? The Undertaker of course. In general that doesn't bother me, but I like the excitement of watching and not knowing who's going to win. With a match being booked THIS huge and a fantasy for some people, if it had to be one match with the Undertaker I wouldn't want it at WM.

It also wouldn't make a whole load of sense from a business stand point. Wrestlemania pretty much sells itself on name value alone. This could be done on a different PPV to guarantee a lot more buys than the average for that PPV as people were desperate to see this.

Undertaker, easily

These two at Wrestlemania would be unbelieveable. I know The Undertaker would win, obviously, but who cares? These two could have an unbelieveable match, and it's the best thing from a business standpoint. Having this match at WrestleMania could garner a LOT of interest, so it makes sense.

I for one would much rather see a feud between Sting and HBK. The Undertaker is great and a fellow legend, but at the end of the day I would simply prefer to see what Sting and HBK could do considering they both are about the same build and wrestled more of a similar style than 'Taker and Sting do.

Either way, just to see Sting in a WWE ring...I can't describe quite how hard I'd mark out. I'd be an eight year old kid again, jumping up and down in total glee. A 'Taker feud would be great, but I'd prefer to see something like HBK-Sting culminating in a match at Wrestlemania (with Sting winning). That would be epic on so many, many levels.

Why pick between the two when you can have Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Sting in a Triple Threat Match at No Way Out with the Winner getting a WWE Title shot at Triple H. This way, you can have Undertaker and Sting at Mania with the proper build up already and have HBK vs. HHH, DX Explodes, for the WWE Title as the Main Event.

First of all, if Sting comes to the WWE, I would stop watch wrestling altogether. And I'm gonna get negative feedback for this, but I truely think that WWE would kill Sting. But I guess I'd like to see him feud with The Undertaker. But I'd rather see Sting against Chris Jericho.

Tough choice. I almost feel like it's two completely different styles in question. On the one hand, I think if you're looking for a better wrestling match I would want to see HBK/Sting. But I think overall, The Undertaker vs. Sting would make an awesome program, overall. The mind games would be endless, assuming Sting was classic anti-nWo Sting. Either way you'd have to incredible feuds.

I wouldn't pick. I think the WWE could/would have done both. Sting would have feuded with both Undertaker and HBK during his stint in the WWE, so I say both of them as it would likely happen. However I'll go along and play the game... if I had to choose, I guess it would have to be Undertaker. I just love the Undertaker and I think these two could have a hell of a feud and a great storyline. Arguably two of the greatest gimmicks in wrestling going toe to toe would be huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back