Sting, just do the right thing and go to the WWE

wrestlingfan2

Dark Match Winner
I've been watch TNA and have been fairly pleased with the product, but one thing needs to change.Sting in my opinion has done just about everything he can do in TNA. Yes, he could feud with an Ken Anderson or Ric Flair but the wrestling fans want to see Sting vs HHH, Shawn Michaels, Orton, Cena, and the Undertaker!

We all know Sting is going to hang them up sooner than later. Going to the WWE would be a great send off. He doesn't have to work very much and he'll make great money. Most importantly, the fans deserve it! He has done everything he can for TNA and it seems they are on there way. A change would do Sting very good.

All it would take is a year run (maybe a little longer) and all come to an end at WrestleMania. Wouldn't an Undertaker v. Sting match at WM be an awesome end to both guys career? Even if that wasn't possible, it would be great to see any of those matches on any televison show or PPV. It seems a lot of wrestling fans are restless these days. Wouldn't this wake them up.

So Sting, do the right thing for you, the business and for wrestling fans. Jump ship and have a well deserved send off. I know you don't care much for that stuff but you deserve it.

I would be like a little marky 10 year old if I saw sting walk through the guerrilla stage with his trenchcoat and bat in hand during RAW or Smackdown. It's no doubt that Sting could cement his legacy by ending it on the Big Show (no, not Paul Wight's fat folds).

However, even though we know him coming to WWE most likely won't happen, there is something that he knows he must do. A rematch from the 2001 Ric Flair match on the last nitro. I believe these two could still tear it down in the ring, they know how to work with each other better than most blood brothers do. Even in Ric's shape and age he could still do a damned good job with Sting in the ring with him. These two would show all the youngsters in the back exactly what a good wrestling match is all about.

Matches I'd like to see?

Sting Vs. Undertaker

Sting Vs. John Cena (of all people, but I think the match could actually work quite well).

Sting Vs. Shawn Michaels

Sting Vs. CM Punk (in his current Messiah gimmick).

Any one of these matches would have me throwing my wallet at WWE and just saying "TAKE ALL MY MONEY NOW"

Why would it be the right thing for Sting to do? He doesn't need to do it. He has built up a huge career and legacy with a massive fan following without the WWE.
He was the most over wrestler when he barely spoke two words at times which is a testament to how great he is. Sting doesn't need to go to the WWE to get a proper send-off. His career wasn't hurt by not going to the WWE so isn't going to help much if he does decide to go.

Sting doesn't need the WWE nor does the WWE need Sting. Sting's legacy is already secured and has been for a long time. Hell, Sting didn't even need TNA and just started working in TNA because he wanted to.

If Sting ever went to the WWE, there's a possibility that his legacy could be tarnished depending on exactly what WWE Creative has him do. Sting is one of the few huge names in North American pro wrestling of the past 25 years in which Vince McMahon had nothing to do with his character's concept, creation or the success in which Sting amounted over his career. That in and of itself is something of a unique quality about Sting.

As far as Sting's time in TNA goes, he can stay or retire as it doesn't really matter to me at this point. As of right now, he's doing the whole skulking in the shadows thing that he was doing 12 and 13 years ago. And that doesn't really do anything for me personally at all. For Sting, at this point in his career and even his life, he's probably done all there is to do in TNA that's worth doing for him. I'd rather see him walk away with his legacy in tact rather than the risk going to the WWE might bring with it.

I agree...Stings time to go to the WWE has long since past. He isn't the draw he used to be, nor is the WWE devoid of star power that someone like Sting would give them a boost.

Sting is fine without WWE. I will even go af far to say that when he does retire give it a year or two and A WWE Sting DVD will come out followed by a HOF induction (if he wants it). He's doing great without them and the only feud I want to see him in anymore is Sting vs Undertaker.

WWE needs Sting a hell of a lot more than Sting needs WWE. he has proven for over 20years that you don't HAVE TO work for WWE to be a huge star in the wrestling world.
Sting do yourself a favor and stay where you are happy.
He has taken two relatively small wrestling promotions and have been with them from the time he started wrestling(WCW) and relatively at the begining of the exsistance of TNA.
He would be branded a sell out if he ever went to WWE and personally I wouldn't want to see the send off vince would give him. i can guarantee that it wouldn't be ANYTHING like Flair's. He'd get jobbed out to people like Shamus and drew macintyre just because he's a huge star and everyone knows who he is and i'm positve that Vince would see Sting as a person he cause use and abuse to try and make legitamate stars out of people that don't deserve it yet.

thank you for your time

Sting going to the WWE now would be like when Michael Jordan left basketball to play baseball. It was new, but it turned out uneventful and Jordan eventually left to do what he did best. Sting one of only true legends left that hasn't been involved in any way shape or form with WWE. He was a huge star in NWA and WCW, and made a nice Impact in TNA.

Look at Terry Funk and Dusty Rhodes uneventful reigns in WWE. Dusty was turned into a plumber who wore poka dots to the ring, and Funk was turned into Chainsaw Charlie. Sure you could have Sting wrestle Cena, HBK, Triple H, or Undertaker, but who would care? If the majority of the new WWE audience doesn't care about Bret Hart, then why would they care about Sting?

Sting may have done everything in TNA, but I think we will probably see him have one more match with Flair. Which could be the last match for both men. I would rather see Sting in the rafters with his Legacy intact instead of seeing him in any WWE match.

Yeah, not feeling this at all.

Sting has been my all time favorite wrestler since I was like 5/6, and the way he has always stuck it to McMahon by refusing to go to his company has made him also perhaps my all time favorite person period in the history of professional wrestling. I don't want that to change now.

The only time I would ever want to see Sting associated with WWE in any way, shape, or form, is if/when he's inducted into their Hall of Fame, years after his retirement. Then, and ONLY then, would I be able to swallow Sting doing ANYTHING pertaining to WWE.

WWE and McMahon just don't deserve someone like Sting, because I just know they would treat him like shit. Sting is a class act to the fullest form, and I'm positive guys like HBK and HHH respect him, and though that's usually the only thing you need to get a decent push in WWE, in this case I still don't think that would be enough. Sting would come in, job to those two (well, maybe not Michaels, but definitely HHH if he's heel by that time), and then job to The Undertaker, maybe feud with McMahon, before just becoming non-existent in the programing and just another name. Fuck that. Like I said... Sting's too good to be given the normal WWE treatment, and I never want to see it happen.

The right thing for Sting to do for the business was go to TNA and help the company get some notoriety and to bring in some fans. Sting going to the E is foolish. Sting's legacy will be that he will be the greatest star in American history to never step foot in the WWE. That's how it needs to be. I don't care to see Sting job to Cena, Batista, Taker, HBK, HHH, and slowly start jobbing to midcarders like Morrison, Benjamin, etc. WWE would try to tarnish Sting's legacy at this point. Even Ric Flair's legacy was even kind of tarnished by WWE. They had Ric Flair job to bums like Rico and all sorts of midcarders. Sting is fine in TNA and his legacy is set in stone period.

NO I don't think him going to WWE is the right thing to do, unless it is for the Hall of fame. I would HATE for him to get burried being a non-wwe developed legend.

I just want to add that Sting is not the only super star to never work for Vince. People often forget that Abdullah the Butcher never worked for Vince.. EVER. He was huge in Japan and in the states. As much as I respect Sting, people claim he is the only star not to work for Vince is just wrong.

I also don't think Vampiro ever worked for WWE either.. Vampiro is the hulk hogan of AAA and Abdullah is the hard core legend from the 80's and was HUGE in Japan and in NWA. (later in ECW) Abdullah is a legend, was just not advertised as much as Sting when WCW came along.

If Sting can get into the hall of fame, so can Abdullah. (then again so does Bob backlund, Bruno, Macho Man etc)

Sting is a draw, definitely, and I'm sure the WWE would give him some sort of run at some stage, but is his body really up to the schedule? We're talking about a man who doesn't even appear on the entire TNA schedule here, which is saying something. Sting is too old for him to be a realistic asset for the WWE, and I imagine any ru he had there would be lacklustre.

From his point of view, he doesn't need the money, and he probably doesn't want the travel necessity. From a legacy point of view, retiring at WrestleMania is probably something he deserves, but if he doesn't go there he will be hands down the greatest wrestler in the modern era not to have worked for the WWE.That's a huge deal, and I'd rather that legacy than a watered down version of what Flair got if I were him.

Sting is definitely better off not going to the WWE. A huge part of his reputation/legacy is him refusing to go to the WWE/WWF. He as a WCW-loyalist, and now he is a TNA-loyalist. I would LOVE to see him go against guys like Orton, Taker, HBK, HHH, Edge, etc. But not if it means he goes to the WWE.

I remember when WWF bought WCW. At first, I really wanted him to go to the WWF, but after some consideration, I was really happy he didn't. I liked both WCW and WWF during the 90's, and Sting was a huge part of me tuning in to WCW. Ten or fifteen years ago, I would have come around to this idea because he was still young and had tons of talent, but at this point in his career, he should just stay where he is until he retires.

Now, will he be inducted into the WWE hall of fame someday? That's a question I really don't think I have an answer for/opinion of.

Sting has convinced himself that Vince would treat him like a 20 year old rookie fresh from development, instead of giving him the respect that a wrestling legend deserves. I can understand why he'd think that, but tbh, would he definitely be made to start from scratch?

Benoit, Goldberg and RVD were allowed to run with their previous gimmicks and were both pushed fairly heavily in the beginning. Goldberg beat the Rock straight away, beat some more guys and won the World Title before up and leaving ubruptly (apparently that push wasn't good enough for the selfish prick), and while it took 5 years for Van Dam to become WWE Champ, he won a title in his first PPV appearance, and was challenging for the WWF title 4 months later, and Benoit was announced as Champion twice in his first year, and actually won a bunch of other titles before and after those 2 occassions, so i don't know why Sting would automatically think he'd start out by jobbing to Santino if he signed with WWE.

However, the likelihood of WWE even approaching Sting is unlikely. If they weren;t going to give Booker T a lighter schedule, they definitely won't do it for Sting. No way. A guy you've never worked with is going to ask not to do House Shows immediately, and will want time off after big PPVs as well? Taker and HBK get it because they've been making Vince McMahon millions for the last 2 decades, so he's not going to give that deal to a guy who's never made him a cent, is he?

Personally, has much as it pain me to write this, i think it's time for Sting to retire and take Vince up on his offer of being inducted into the WWE hall of Fame. Sting is one of the biggest name ever and outside of Hogan and Flair, was and is still today one of the most recognizable name in wrestling. His legacy was never tarnish by the fact he went to TNA it just solidified it and even through much of what it did to help to younger guys has seen been destroy by TNA creatives, he'S still did alot for the new generation of wrestlers in TNA.

So now it's time to thing about retiring and let the WWE pay tribute to the Man Called Sting with a 3 disc DVD and an induction into next year's hall of fame.

Sting is just fine without WWE.He doesnt need to be wrestling he is a legend a HOF.By sting going to WWE he wont accomplish nothing because has already accomplish everything.He has mainevent PPV's, He has been a multi time champion on TNA and on WCW.

So by sting going to WWE nothing will help him at all.Because he has done everything.

Looking back at this, it makes me think will Sting actually have it that bad due to previous experiences of WCW and ECW guys coming to WWE. RVD didn't have it all that bad in the WWE as he put on great matches and got to hold numerous titles including the WWE title. When Goldberg went to the WWE, he was instantly put in a feud with the Rock and had another feud with Jericho before winning the WHC in September and holding it for three months. I'm sure Vince will recognize the legacy of Sting and treat him like the way he would want to be treated. Imagine the matchups Sting could have with Taker, HHH, HBK, or even John Cena. Vince knows the business and what is good for it and I believe he wouldn't want to sacrifice Sting's legacy for business. He will do the right thing by Sting if he so chooses to go to the WWE.

I think it would be awesome for the fans to being watching the Royal Rumble and Sting came in number 27 or so and won the thing instead of taking the title at Wrestlemania, win the title at the next PPV get inducted into the Hall of Fame and have a farwell match at Wrestlemania where he keeps the title, then the WWE have a king of the ring for the vacant title.

However I think Sting does not benefit from joining the WWE and doesn't need it. The above situation is just something I would love to see. Sting's title as the best wrestler to never work for the WWE is too great to pass up.

Thats what makes Sting great. He never gave into WWE. It shows that he can be just as big a star as anyone without the help of Vince. Vince would just make him lose to everyone and make him a joke.

Sting needs to retire in TNA. And who gives a crap about the HOF?

How is Sting doing the right thing by doing something he doesn't want to do? The man has explained in detail WHY he doesn't to work for Vince McMahon. It would be awesome for us wrestling fans, but that's a selfish wish.

Say you have a job that makes you very happy. You get to do something you like, and are respected for it. You get an offer to work somewhere else for more money, but you would be less happy. Although the employer is oferring you new opportunities, you like where you're at. Would you be doing the wrong thing for yourself by staying where you are most happy? I dont think you would be. And neither is Sting. He's not being selfish, he's doing what he feels is the RIGHT THING. And I give him credit for it.

The OP suggested that Sting has done all there is to do in TNA. Well, if we look at this conversely, so have HBK, Undertaker, HHH, and heck, even Chris Jericho. They're all multi-time champions who have been in every type of match possible and have feuded with every big name there is in WWE. Using that logic, they should all "do the right thing" and jump to TNA.Would you want to see that?

Obviously, they should stay where they are. And so should Sting.

When WcW went under one of Stings main reason for not going to WWE was that we is a born again christian and did not like the adult programming. Now with TNA going in that direction and WWE in PG era will Sting get disgusted with TNA and leave for WWE?

As a long time Sting fan he kept me sticking around for TNA. I would not mind seeing him wrap up his career in WWE. Maybe win the Royal Rumble and become WWE champion. It would be a great ending to his career. Some people do not give him credit because he lacked being in the most dominant company WWE. Also that would be one of the last great wrestling suprises seeing Sting on WWE tv. WCW raided WWE talent with billionaire Ted's money. Is it likely Vince wouldnt want to seek a little revenge from the past and grab a disgruntled Sting? Lets face it he was the face of WCW. He isnt the face of TNA. Aj Styles is the face of TNA.

I dont think it would be good for TNA, but Sting has grown stale. Plus what is left for him to do in TNA? Another Hogan fued? Obvious AJ fued? Flair? However going to WWE would revise his career. Seeing him fued with the likes of Undertaker,HBK,Triple H.

If TNA is going adult and if Sting is serious about his christian values how will he remain happy in TNA?

When WcW went under one of Stings main reason for not going to WWE was that we is a born again christian and did not like the adult programming. Now with TNA going in that direction and WWE in PG era will Sting get disgusted with TNA and leave for WWE?

As much as i will love to see Sting in a WWE ring im sure that that wont happend, Because his wrestling careers is almost over, And sure that he will retired around summer, He might enter in a short major feud with another top star from TNA, But after that I think that might be the end for Sting.

As a long time Sting fan he kept me sticking around for TNA. I would not mind seeing him wrap up his career in WWE. Maybe win the Royal Rumble and become WWE champion. It would be a great ending to his career. Some people do not give him credit because he lacked being in the most dominant company WWE. Also that would be one of the last great wrestling suprises seeing Sting on WWE tv. WCW raided WWE talent with billionaire Ted's money. Is it likely Vince wouldnt want to seek a little revenge from the past and grab a disgruntled Sting? Lets face it he was the face of WCW. He isnt the face of TNA. Aj Styles is the face of TNA.

I also wouldnt mind to wrap up his career in the WWE. Sting doesnt like to be in big companies he wrestles in companies that really need help, That was the reason why he was in WCW, And that was the reason why he reject WWE and went to TNA to help the company out.

I really dont think that vince wants Sting in the company, One because when he was given a chance he didnt took it, And second if Vince would of want Sting to be in WWE he will be insisting Sting to become a member of WWE.

Sting and Hogan they were both the Faces of WCW, Before Kurt made his TNA debut Sting was one of the tops faces of TNA, AJ was the Young top face in TNA, And sting was veteran top face in TNA.

I dont think it would be good for TNA, but Sting has grown stale. Plus what is left for him to do in TNA? Another Hogan fued? Obvious AJ fued? Flair? However going to WWE would revise his career. Seeing him fued with the likes of Undertaker,HBK,Triple H.

Like a said before im sure that he will have one last major feud with any top star from TNA, I dont know with who maybe with Ric or Hogan, As he still has bad blood with these 2 old veteran.

If im wrong and he some how goes to WWE my dream match will be, Undertaker vs Sting, This has always been the match that i have always dream of, Just by having these 2 top HOF and the ring its just Gold. They both know how to use the ring and they have the best skills in the world put together. Like i said if Sting some how goes to WWE hey should just get a short contract just to feud with Undertaker, After that i will be happy.

If TNA is going adult and if Sting is serious about his christian values how will he remain happy in TNA?

He is not happy right now, Specially now that Hogan and Eric are running the show.And he wont be happy until his contract is over.

I think the main thing you have to remember about Sting is that he WAS going to retire until it was announced that Flair and Hogan were coming in. Sting wants nothing more than to work with Flair one more time. Staying in TNA is obviously the best way to do that right now.

Stings MAIN reason for not going to WWE was because of how Vince treated the WCW guys. He said in an interview how he was watching and The Rock bumped into Booker T and said Who are you? And Sting said he felt that was a slap in the face to the entire company. Sting will never go to WWE and it would be pointless for both at this point. Sting is old and wont be around much longer, and the WWE schedule will be too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back