Sting Bound For WWE?

Kenny Powers

Bulletproof Tiger
We have all wondered what if... What if Sting came to WWE back during the Invasion Angle, what if The Rock didn't say Who are you? to Booker T. What if Sting and Hogan had a match in WWF in the early 90's just like Hogan and Flair had the potential to. It seems now that Sting is definitely done with TNA after Bound For Glory. Sting has done almost everything in this business except join the WWE. The biggest superstar in wrestling history not to be involved with WWE. Do you think Sting will pass the torch and retire? We've read that Sting has invested his money in Real Estate over the years. So we know that he doesn't need the money.

Do you think Sting would come in for a short run with WWE in the next year or so? Do you think WWE would create good feuds? or would Sting be another version of the WWE Goldberg? I would love to see Sting be involved with talent such as The Undertaker, Cena, Triple H, Michaels, or Jericho. Should Sting even consider it if the option was given to him to join? Would he tarnish his legacy to come out of retirement? Maybe WWE doesn't need a name like Sting but it couldn't hurt. What do you think?

The odds of that happening are around zero I think. Sting has never been a fan of McMahon, and has made a point out of purposely evading the WWE. He could've signed for BIG money with the WWE after WCW folded, but he chose TNA instead. He's known as the greatest American talent to have never wrestled in the WWE, and I think he holds onto that title as a matter of pride. He's an independent kind of guy, and he always has been. With his retirement looming in TNA, there's no way Sting would just piss all over the epic farewell TNA will give him for retiring by jumping ship to the WWE. Sting is too proud of a man to do that to TNA. He's always shown respect, and I doubt he'd just piss all over the company that he helped build.

He's known most for the fact he's the biggest pro-wrestler to never work for Vince. If he was going to change that, it wouldn't be for a short run and it definitely shouldn't be now he's retired. It'd be a stupid move in my opinion. If he was ever going to be in the WWE, it should have been years ago, when he was in his prime and able to have great matches.

It'd possibly raise WWE's ratings a bit - Old WCW fans would want to see this, as well as current TNA and WWE fans. However, many young fans won't really understand the hype behind him.

Reactions: X
Sadly I never saw Sting wrestle in his prime, one of the regrets of not getting into professional wrestling untill 2002. But from what I've seen of him since becoming a wrestling fan, I understand just how good he was/is. His entrance at Starcade 97 is amazing and it actually gives me shivers.

As for him coming to the WWE... I highly, highly doubt it. The man's 50 years old now, theres no way he could put together a lengthy run in the WWE at the top level, which is where everyone would expect him to be. Plus it's kind of nice that he will always be remembered as the greatest wrestler never to wrestle in the WWE, it makes him unique.

I can’t say if it’s going to happen or not, because all the WCW Stars who were not in the Invasion angle, but showed up afterwards, was a pretty big surprise to me. If he doesn’t, it’s not the end of the world, but if he does, I would love to see a Sting vs. Triple H match with Ric Flair involved somehow. That would be extra dramatic and the hype would be exciting to say the least. Sting / Taker, Sting / HBK, Sting / anyone else would be good too, but Sting / HHH with Flair as a ref would be better than all those other choices.

I think until WWE comes up with multiple examples of young talent with great potential, bringing anyone with a name, that we still completely respect, can't hurt. But, the idea that WWE may or may not write worthy storylines, is of concern. They blew what could have been a great career extension with their handling of Goldberg. The same can be said of their attempts with DDP and Booker T. I don't know if they respect a character enough that they didn't create themselves, to put real effort into entertaining stoylines. Ric Flair is the only non-original WWE star to thrive there, both in the early 90's and upon his return after the WCW buyout. I think Sting's character and star appeal are both large enough to handle any lack of handling WWE may commit, that is, if it occurs.

The Landscape of the WWE has changed rapidly and for the good in regards to Smackdown, Raw and ECW, with younger stars getting a more main event level push.

But with that being said I think its too little too late for sting, Sting doesn't want to work for Vince for whatever his reasons, I dont know exactly why he has had a problem with the WWE due to the fact that WCW had the same issues before being sold off to the WWE, IMO sting will call it a day after TNA and will probably spend the rest of his days at home, it may allow the WWE to put out a Sting DVD and maybe get him into the hall of fame, but apart from that I dont see him making any moves to the WWE at all, he seems like the kind of guy that when he retires he will stay retired and that is that really.

Nah i cannot see this happening. Not to mention that even if it did happen, it wouldn't really interest me, mainly due to the fact that Sting is or is almost 50 and his best years are way behind him.

To be honest when the whole Vince bought out WCW happened i really wanted to see the 2 promotions completely merged with all wrestlers being active, that would have been interesting. During the whole invasion scenario, it always felt like WCW and ECW had kinda second rate wrestlers and not the big guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back