Sting Comments on Facing the Undertaker and Joining WWE

I would love for sting to stay in tna until the day he decided to retire.i would love to see someone say somthing an stick to it.i believe that sting stayin in TNA is a good fit for both of them. They have the lighter work schedule an that helps the older guts out alot. But then again i would love for sting to be put in tge HOF. I just dont see vince allowin anyone from a major company to go in that didnt work for him. I know he has done it for some of the overseas company but never a major one in the us. If sting did decide one day he wanted to join the WWE i wpuld hope he would do it as a agent in the back an only do a handfull of matchs to help some of the younger guys get over.

Is it just me or am I missing something. Back in October on ESPN Sting stated that he was done as of BFG. Now he's officially on the record to wanting a match with Taker. To me I'm thinking Sting has that itch to want to end his career facing Taker and not Hogan as he had originally thought. I hope we see it come 2012 even doing a program at Summerslam would be epic.

Was this the case with Sting? Was it not loyalty on his part, but rather, contract restrictions that prevented him from leaving the sinking ship?

Just wondering.
A little bit of both. Many of the top stars were signed to contracts held by Time Warner rather than the WCW and Sting was one of those. But after the contract ran out he still chose not to go to the WWE. Many fans believe his main reason was due to the programing being a bit more risque which he had stated he didn't care for that on WWE. The reason he stated in interviews was he didn't care for the way they treated Booker T and felt the Vince was just using ex WCW guys to be beat down by WWE originals to make them look bad. So basically he didn't feel comfortable giving creative control of his character to Vince because he had trust issues with him.

I also think he wasn't really wanting to work a full WWE schedule according to Former WWE writer Dave Lagana. On his blog at one time he said that they were really close to Sting vs. Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania 18 but they ended up throwing together a quick match with Angle vs Kane with very little set up for the match. Lagana said The deal apparently fell apart as Sting wasn't willing to work the full WWE schedule.

I know Sting doesn't have much time left in a wrestling capacity. The same can be said about The Undertaker. It would be cool to see Sting appear in WWE in some sort of fashion like a HOF induction after he is retired. If Sting was on the verge of coming to the WWE I'm sure they would be more then happy to induct him if he ever agreed to it. At this point I'm not sure if seeing Sting vs. The Undertaker would be the best match to see in 2012 or possibly 2013.

They are both at the end of their careers. Sting always says he will retire but it just doesn't seem like he will leave TNA. If he does retire after this year it would be interesting to finally see him in WWE even if it is for a HOF induction without a match. Sting was always mentioned in the highest regard on many WWE documentaries involving Ric Flair, The 4 Horseman, or even WCW. I don't think it would be a disgrace to his legacy if he were to retire and go to WWE.

Sting has been in TNA for 6-7 years now? He has done everything with the company. What much else is there for him to do there? I'm not saying he should go to WWE just to lose to The Undertaker and disappear, but it would be nice to see him get one big sendoff not only in TNA but in WWE as well.

Wow. I always heard about it but never thought Sting would actually go to the WWE. Imagine Sting, the wrestling god, to be in the WWE. It would be good to see. I don't care how old he is I will always love him as a wrestler.

For him to come in the WWE for one Mania match against Taker for no reason would be stupid though. Sting would obviously lose and then what? Just retire? Whats the point in that. I don't want him to be another Shawn Michaels or something, I want him to retire with a win!

It's so funny to think about how many people were absolutely convinced Sting vs. Taker wasn't even a possibility. It's not happening! To think so is totally ******ed!

:disappointed:

Call Sting a liar. That's really your only option at this point.

Anyhow, I think it would have been great. I don't care if it would have made sense or not, two icons meeting at WrestleMania, for the first time, is a big deal. I still believe those promos were created with Sting in mind, and were given to Taker when Sting declined.

It's over with at this point. Probably not going to happen, and by probably, I mean it's 99% at this point. I would love to see Sting finish on the grandest stage possible, but I'm not sure he's apart of the plan anymore.

Keeping Sting worked out pretty well for TNA, though, didn't it? Good job, ladies and gents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back