Spoiler: Another surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble

I didn't think you guys would be foolish enough to believe me. One guy on the front page even asked for a source haha

Um..no he is not an angel. But are the two issues really comparable? Benoit did not get carried away by pressure from what I know. He had mental issues unlike Austin.
Benoit got into it with Nancy and killed her. Then he went from there. To assume that Austin wouldn't have gone that far is to give him too much benefit of the doubt. It's not like spousal abuse and copious amounts of pressure weren't major factors in the Benoit household.

Also, to assume Austin, a fellow professional wrestler, had sterling mental health might be giving him too much credit. Not to mention that anyone who indulges deviant behaviour like wife beating probably has some mental issues.

TPLAM do you even know what a lie is?

It's where someone tries to pass off something they know isn't true as something that is true. The fact that you got bored and decided not to lie anymore doesn't change the fact you are a liar.

Benoit got into it with Nancy and killed her. Then he went from there. To assume that Austin wouldn't have gone that far is to give him too much benefit of the doubt. It's not like spousal abuse and copious amounts of pressure weren't major factors in the Benoit household.

Also, to assume Austin, a fellow professional wrestler, had sterling mental health might be giving him too much credit. Not to mention that anyone who indulges deviant behaviour like wife beating probably has some mental issues.

There is just too little information on this to make a judgement, in my opinion. Austin might just have slapped her once in a fit of rage and Debra is known to be a bit of a drama queen. Maybe Austin admitted his guilt to avoid further controversy.

The point is, Austin's public behavior is impeccable and he also has quite a lot of friends inspite of that incident. Either he is a great actor or that incident is being blown out of proportion. Now if he were a great actor perhaps he would have acted a bit better in his movies.

You know who else we thought had impeccable public behaviour after he beat his wife?

Chris Benoit.

Anyhow, I love how you feel the need to bend over backwards to think the best of a woman beater. Stay classy, bro.

You know who else we thought had impeccable public behaviour after he beat his wife?

Chris Benoit.

Anyhow, I love how you feel the need to bend over backwards to think the best of a woman beater. Stay classy, bro.

It might appear that way but I am not really trying to defend Austin. All I am stating is that there is too little proof.

Austin has been known to be a decent guy by all those around him. Plenty of people claim that Debra is a dick. Also just because Benoit killed his wife there is no reason to believe that Austin would have done the same. And as far as I remember most people loved him even after he had beaten his wife and before the double murder and suicide. If you could like Benoit after beating his wife, why can't you do the same for Austin?

I don't give Benoit a pass for that shit the same way I don't give Austin, Angle, or any other wrestler slack for beating their wife/girlfriend. Most people seem to, but I don't think being entertaining on television gives you a pass for being a dick.

Also, Austin being known as a "decent guy" means fuck all to me. People sure tip-toe'd around Benoit before he bit and Heaven knows the kind of slack that the insecure "wrestler's court" ring leader Undertaker gets. A lot of these guys are straight picks in an industry that knows how to circle the wagons and make them seem like decent folks. Why you let them piss on everyone and then go out of your way to lick it up is beyond me. The fact that most people do the same is troubling.

lol lying on a forum. Almost cost Guy a lot of money. You need to follow his example of honesty and integrity...it's true. It's true.

None of my friends watch wrestling and would not want to go. I asked my brother and he goes, "Eh, if Stone Cold or The Rock were going to be there, I'd go". Off to Stubhub I went as soon as I saw this thread!

Why wouldn't you research some? If I say a thread on wrestlezone.com with the spoilers, I still wouldn't believe it.

Why wouldn't you research some? If I say a thread on wrestlezone.com with the spoilers, I still wouldn't believe it.

Dude, he read the rest of the thread. That was enough research considering that if this was legit, someone would have eventually put a link to the source.

By the way, Guy... did you attend the '03 Royal Rumble? I remember that being in Boston. I thought it was right behind the '00 Rumble as the best Royal Rumble pay-per-view from the last decade. No way tonight's show lives up to that one, even if Austin showed up.

I did attend the '03 Rumble, which was awesome. The PPV will go down in history too where it featured the best and worst match of the decade on the same card.

I actually didn't think HHH/Steiner was all that bad. It had some ridiculous botches, but overall I don't believe it's as terrible as most people put it over.

Plus, Scott Steiner just entertains the fuck out of me, no matter what.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!....

GuyCompton is at the TD Garden in Boston Massachussetts, and is expected to be a surprise entrant in the 2011 Royal Rumble Match.

WOW. And what if the guy leads a perfectly ideal life after that one incident? Does he remain a dick?

Yeah, he does. Beating your wife is never excusable. It's like beating a child. I don't give a shit if you spend 50 years helping orphans afterward. I'm still not going to have shit-all respect for you.

But, you know, that's probably the beaten child in me talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back