Should Dolph Ziggler Become A Main Eventer?

TJWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
This topic might have half saying 'Yes' and the other half saying 'No' But let me explain this.

On last nights RAW, Dolph had an excellent match with Randy so was his other match with him earlier this year. Also, his match with John Cena on the RAW and the following Smackdown were also Fantastic.

I much prefer Dolph aganist these guys than superstars in the mid-card scene. The only thing that will have aganist him is that his Mic Skills might need help on. He's ok on the mic but that's where you could have Vickie with him to help him and also heat to Dolph.

So, my question to you WWE universe is..

dolph has everything what it take's to be a maineventer

the looks the techincle talent, the theme music , the mic skills , he is the total package... he carried orton the whole match plus he looks like billy gunn :D!

ziggler was already a top talent earlier this year taking on edge for the world title at the royal rumble but then wwe traded him to raw and dropped the ball on him now instead of being in line for the wwe title he has the u.s title

Absolute main eventer with a very bright future. I would pretty much stamp a guarantee on him winning Money in the Bank next year. The only thing that worries me about that guarantee is if/when they make him a face (which seems to be very soon). In my opinion, a face is less likely to win MitB.

I do like Ziggler's in-ring skills but that's pretty much where it ends for me. I haven't seen any great mic skills from him and his heat seems to be mainly because of Vickie Guerrero. I don't know how would he do without Vickie but I'm leaning towards the "not doing well" side. Vickie can't stay with Dolph forever so I just think it's time for them to split.

I think Ziggler is good and has the potential to become a main eventer but he needs a little more character to him, something that stands out.

The problem with most of the locker room is very simple, almost everyone is the same, especially the heels. Sure, there are exceptions (like Punk, R-Truth and Mark Henry) that are different but when I look at Ziggler, Miz, McIntyre, ect. I pretty much see the exact same character with a few differences, different attire, a different move here, different music there, an accent here, a finisher there, that's where the differences end. They are all the same, cocky arrogant heels that think they are the future of the WWE, so many heels follow this formula it sickening.

Back in the early 90's a lot of them were cocky and arrogant but they were ALL different. One was a model, one was Ravishing, one was an American turncoat, one was a dead man, one was a nature boy, one was a millionaire, one was a tax accountant, ect. They may have all been heels, but yet every single one was different from the other unless you were in a tag team, even then they were more different, there was more of a difference between Ax and Smash then there is between Ziggler and Swagger for god sakes.

Back to what I was saying Ziggler is very good, has a very bright future but its gonna be impossible for him to move to that next level unless he stands out, good wrestling skills and mic skills aren't enough, you need to stand out and Ziggler absolutely 100% does not.

I swear i saw the same thread couple months ago that said "john morrison is a maineventer" or something like that.

i can see this thread is dedicated to fanboys of Dolph Ziggler. So im gonna crash the party. You ppl believe he is guaranteed going to be maineventer 100% for sure base on the fact he have good matches and the look only? I can say the same for all the midcarders too.

What happened to jack swagger, drew mcyntre, kofi kingston, mvp, carlito, and John morrison?

Dolph ziggler have decent mic skill, atleast better than john morrison. He gets no heel reaction. Its been proven if a midcarder gets no reaction and no mic skill, his success is very low. (brock and batista were different though)

Cm punk was a good wrestler but he was irrelevant before he improved his mic skill and adopted a new persona that draw ppl attention.

Cannot see dolph ziggler be a maineventer anytime soon UNLESS he seriously improve his mic skill and adopt a new gimmick

He could be but there is nothing about him that would make the regular fan care. If the writers can create something around him that makes him compelling then yes he can be a main eventer.

I think his storyline right now is centered around Vickie though. He will be involved with Swagger which is no where near the main event level. Could be heading towards a push though if the fans buy into the feud.

I was wrong about Ziggler and I admit it! I hated him from day one but over the last 8 months he has improved a lot. I still don't like him but he has far gone beyond what I thought he would be. I figured he'd be the next Swagger. Quick push then jobber. Having said that after last night he basically carried the Orton match. However he does have every skill to be a main eventer (minus mic), I just don't ever see it happening. He has never really taken off with the crowd as a heal or whatever they're trying to make him into. I think WWE bookers have basically tried everything with him and he's really not going over.

I predict he will be like all the other past guys good mid-carder for a year or so then end up being nothing.

I do like Ziggler's in-ring skills but that's pretty much where it ends for me. I haven't seen any great mic skills from him and his heat seems to be mainly because of Vickie Guerrero.

I agree. Several people in this topic are saying that Dolph has everything needed to be a main eventer, but they seem to be referring mainly to his in-ring skills, which are definitely good. The problem is that he lacks the one factor that makes a star: the quality that makes us care about what he's doing and what happens to him. Call it charisma or star power if you want; but whatever it is, Dolph doesn't seem to have it.

Heaven knows WWE has been giving him the opportunity. I've seen few mid-carders featured as much as Dolph. Clearly, management wants him to make it big.

In many ways, it's a shame being a fine worker isn't always enough to boost you to main event status. But if it isn't.....it isn't.

And for Dolph, it isn't.

I do like Ziggler's in-ring skills but that's pretty much where it ends for me. I haven't seen any great mic skills from him and his heat seems to be mainly because of Vickie Guerrero. I would disagree because when the wwe was last in northern ireland in april there he was booed out of the building and vickie wasnt even there the only reason he doesnt get a good crowd reaction is because the american crowds suck he will be a main eventer some day not now but maybe next year

ziggler was already a top talent earlier this year taking on edge for the world title at the royal rumble but then wwe traded him to raw and dropped the ball on him now instead of being in line for the wwe title he has the u.s title

I'm sorry, but this is the problem with alot of people on these forums. Every time someone alright comes along, IWC peeps say "make him a main-eventer!", or, "He's under-utilized!"... WWE never dropped the ball with Dolph, he is fine where he is right now. He's doing something right now that nobody has done for awhile, and that's make this mid-card titles look worthwhile to compete for.

There needs to be top-notch stars in every division. A few years back you had guys like Y2J, Rey, Hardy, Benoit etc all competing for the mid-card titles and making them look just as significant as the World-titles. Dolph needs to stay where he is for now, help build the division (He's already doing a great job with Vickie), and someday when his star-power outgrows the division and he's ready for a push, he could easily go straight back to the top like he was before.

However, NOT EVERY good mid-carder needs to receive main-event status on a permanent basis. For example, Piper never won the World-title. However, Piper made the mid-card look credible, so that people would turn on their televisions to tune into the whole show instead of skipping the middle straight to the end. People tend to forget how important good mid-card talents are. I'm not saying Dolph isn't good enough to be at the top, I just don't think he needs to be there yet... Let him be king of the Mid-card for awhile.

Some people say he doesn't have charisma. I disagree about that I mean sure Dolph can't get a good reaction without Vickie(except for Raw last night where oddly enough he got a good reaction) but he's been improving his mic skills putting more work into his promos.

Dolph is obviously the third most talented in ring performer on the entire roster after Punk and Bryan. He can really pull a good match out of almost anybody.

I mean seriously People saying Dolph shouldn't be a main eventer because he lacks charisma just look at Daniel Bryan. Now there's a guy who really lacks charisma. Why is he getting pushed to the top? His great in ring skills. Vince is high on him because he can really carry a match. I think Dolph is just about talented as Bryan so even if Dolph lacks charisma he makes up for it by performing at a 5 star level. Which he might actually main event one day because he's just that damn good in the ring. I'm not gonna lie my eyes are GLUED to my TV when I'm watching him perform in that ring.

So yes he should be a main eventer. But don't take my word for it. JR praised Dolph recently on twitter saying he should be the next main eventer but of course I don't think any site even bothered to pick that up because Ziggler is just that damn underrated.

Absolutely, Ziggler is a main eventer in the works. Charisma? Chris Benoit had the personality of lead based paint but his aggressive style and status as a journeyman wrestler led to his once in a lifetime push followed by a gradual return to the mid-card. He was constantly that reserve main eventer that you could pull up in a pinch to challenge a current champion on a mid-tier pay-per-view.

I could see Ziggler following this path as a main eventer. I don't know if Ziggler is going to be winning a main event at Wrestlemania anytime soon but I agree mrfantastic111 that he should be a constant mid-card standout and in about 3-4 years, see if he is ready for a step up.

I love Ziggler and I personally wouldn't be terribly upset if he started his rise sooner rather than later.

after watching his last few matches he's become one of my favorite WRESTLERS,i dont believe he should be at the top yet he needs to get more of an attitude and show that not only can he wrestle but hes not goin to take anybodys shit,and he doesnt make the wwe money which its been proven unless you make wwe money your not going to be at the top for long.i cant stand cena but unfortunately he makes the wwe alot of money,so what i mean is i really like the guy but im gettin my hopes up because it wont happen

I still don't see how Vickie is helping him. The guy can talk and noone is really booing Ziggles as much as her.

At the moment,No.Dolgh is great in the ring but he lacks on the Mic at times which is a key asset to being a Main Eventer espeically in WWE.To the person who said he has the full package,well he isn't.His nearly there but there are 2 things which are holding him back.His size is a little problem as his not the Powerhouse WWE like to have as there main event guys and also like I said his Mic skills aren't there yet,no doubt he can improve them but I think thats the reason they put him with Vickie in the first placee.If he is going to be a main eventer its going to be on SD! going for the WHC but i think the WWE title is to big for him at the moment.He did have a Month or so in the Main Event on SD with Edge and i give him Credit for that,he did great and took his oppurtunity.But then he went to RAW and became US Champ.But Dolgh should become a Main Eventer but not right now.

When it comes to in-ring ability, there's no doubt that Ziggler has the goods. He's looked like a star against main eventers like Edge, Cena & Orton. He's come off on the short end of the stick in his matches with those guys, but he still looked like he belonged in the main event.

Ziggler has shown improvement on the mic, but he still needs work. I like the fact that the WWE has spent his time as United States Champion developing him as a character by featuring him in some promo segments, on commentary and this situation with Vickie Guerrero & Jack Swagger. The true test, I think, will depend upon how Dolph does once he and Vickie ultimately go their seperate ways. Vickie has been great in her role and has really helped maintain Dolph Ziggler as relevant. However, before I can decide whether or not he can be a legit main eventer, he's going to have to be tested on his own.

At any moment, they could push Ziggler and make him a Main Eventer. I actually feel that from what I've seen of Dolph on the mic recently, he's vastly improved.
But, as has been said before, I think that Dolph Ziggler should remain in the midcard for a little while, as "King Of The Midcarders". He should do what Piper, Hart, Michaels and The Miz did and build up the midcard. I think that his time will come beyond any doubt, but it shouldn't be anytime soon.

I was wrong about Ziggler and I admit it! I hated him from day one but over the last 8 months he has improved a lot. I still don't like him but he has far gone beyond what I thought he would be. I figured he'd be the next Swagger. Quick push then jobber. Having said that after last night he basically carried the Orton match. However he does have every skill to be a main eventer (minus mic), I just don't ever see it happening. He has never really taken off with the crowd as a heal or whatever they're trying to make him into. I think WWE bookers have basically tried everything with him and he's really not going over.

I predict he will be like all the other past guys good mid-carder for a year or so then end up being nothing.

i dont even like ortons character very much but he is without a doubt one of the ring generals today in wwe. dolph did NOT carry the match that is a silly assumption. however, the guy has all the talent in the world and just in MY OPINION he will be headlining wrestlemania in the next 5 years or so with the likes of cody and sheamus. cheerleader to main eventer lol, but i definitely
see it happening. that 'it' factor is there. not to mention his in ring skills are probably in the top ten or so in the world right now. just my opinion people.

The real question is why isn't he in the main event? Cause he sure as hell should be! He's good in the ring and has delivered good matches against top WWE guys like Cena, Orton, and Edge. Also i think he has a look that just screams cocky, heel, and CHAMPION!!!
They moved him from the main event on smackdown to raw just so they could change his look for i think a total of two weeks and make him take 20 steps back down the card. Now you could argue he's regained his momentum and established himself as a credible united states champion, but i just hope WWE eventually pulls the trigger and sends him up the card.

Dolph Ziggler is very good in the ring, nobody can deny that. His mic skills are improving each and every week, but I don't think he is there yet. Yes he is a heel, but he doen't act like a heel all the time like he needs to do and he barely gets heel reaction. If he starts to insult the crowd more and more evey week, he will get heel reaction. Maybe what he needs is a little character shake-up, something new and fresh.

I swear i saw the same thread couple months ago that said "john morrison is a maineventer" or something like that.

i can see this thread is dedicated to fanboys of Dolph Ziggler. So im gonna crash the party. You ppl believe he is guaranteed going to be maineventer 100% for sure base on the fact he have good matches and the look only? I can say the same for all the midcarders too.

What happened to jack swagger, drew mcyntre, kofi kingston, mvp, carlito, and John morrison?

Dolph ziggler have decent mic skill, atleast better than john morrison. He gets no heel reaction. Its been proven if a midcarder gets no reaction and no mic skill, his success is very low. (brock and batista were different though)

Cm punk was a good wrestler but he was irrelevant before he improved his mic skill and adopted a new persona that draw ppl attention.

Cannot see dolph ziggler be a maineventer anytime soon UNLESS he seriously improve his mic skill and adopt a new gimmick

I haven`t read through all the posts yet but I saw this and thought, thank you! whether everyone on this thread is a fan of ziggler is up to debate but its good to point out flaws as well as pros and be objective.

Anyway I think Nick, like Danielson, is vastly underestimated on the mic. People assume he isn`t very good because he doesn`t talk much and through chain of causality, he doesn`t get time to improve. Look at wade. Dude has had endless time to preech and before that was handed time at the announcer`s tables and is still only dec on the mic, but he admits the experience helped him.

We all know he has the look, the charisma, the inring skill, and on top of all that he has paid his dues with the company. He might benefit from a face turn since it seems the audience can`t decide if they should be booing or cheering him; this limboed char is prob the biggest thing hurting him besides the company`s fetish for 6`6`` 250+ pound men.

hopefully he wil become ME cause he just looks out of place on the midcard facing guys like Riley.

Simple answer: In due time.

Ziggler has all the potential to go to the main event. He showed that in his World Heavyweight Championship storyline with Edge. Right now he is in a great place. He's competing against bigger names like Randy Orton and looking good in the match. But right now he's the United States Champion and he's actually putting the title over. What recent champion has said they want to be U.S. Champ? Only Ziggler. He said that the U.S. Title is better than the WWE Title. Let him run his course as U.S. Champion. Get the title over. Let him finish his storyline with Swgger/Vickie/Riley. Then after the current main even scene clears out, then Ziggler could step up into the main event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back