Dolph Ziggler the main eventer

CM Steel

A REAL American
Even before Dolph Ziggler won the money in the bank breifcase to cash in on a "match" for the WWE world heavyweight championship. It's been like 9 months Dolph Ziggler has been carrying that Mitb breifcase around. And since kick'in Vickie Guerrero to the curb. The Zig-Zag man (Booker T's nickname for Dolph) has form a original D-Generation-X-type like stable featuring Dolph's new girlfriend AJ and Dolph's new bodyguard Big E. Langston, a former champion of NXT.

But in order to form a faction of three like that. Must the leader be a bonafied main eventer or a world champion? Dolph Ziggler has won matches back and forth since the new year of 2013. And lost those same amont of matches during the same time to. So can we say that if Dolph Ziggler is a bonafied main eventer in the WWE? And when will the Zig-Zag man finally cash in that Mitb contract, a month before the next Mitb PPV?

Money in the Bank 2012 took place on July 15, 2012.
Money in the Bank 2013 takes place on July 14, 2013.

Dolph Ziggler could technically cash in his Money in the Bank contract at Money in the Bank 2013.

I would love it if he won the WWE Championship Money in the Bank briefcase, and cashed in his World Heavyweight Championship briefcase and won the WHC while simultaneous having a shot at the WWE Champion.

This won't happen, but it's my dream scenario.

I think Dolph Ziggler is a tremendous performer, amongst my 5 favorite in WWE as far as in-ring ability goes. He's not a bonafied main eventer, though. He's not even a sorta, kinda main eventer. He's upper midcard, and a title run will provide him with an opportunity to relocate into the high-rent district.

Frankly, though, he's lost something since splitting with Vickie, and I'm not sure if he'll ever be a "bonafied" main eventer. I see him ending up like The Miz at this pace, not that there's anything wrong with that. AJ has added little-to-nothing since the Cena feud, and Big E would be most useful if he gave AJ his cleavage and went away.

Dolph will probably cash in his MITB contract at WrestleMania or on the Raw afterwards, and his win and run will be celebrated wildly throughout his slowly diminishing fanbase. Most everyone else, especially the coveted casual audience, will sit on their hands until the Big Gold Belt is around the waist of someone like Sheamus or Daniel Bryan again.

Some guys' main-event runs come and go *cough* McIntyre *cough*, because they were pushed too hard and too early. With Ziggler, creative snuck up on Ziggler and pushed him slowly. It's Ziggler's first big push, you know, so creative knew it had to be gentle.

Pushing Ziggler is not something creative will want to hate itself for doing, or be ashamed of it. It has to mean something.

Ziggler's not yet on his climax, so that's why AJ and Big E are involved. Ziggler has a decent mouth on him and his skills are improving. He has a good technique and many people like to see him go at it.

When pushing Ziggler, the WWE couldn't just have him grab at the WHC right away, that would hurt it, but he's slowly teasing up the card and when they finally stick him in that main slot, he just might give a VERY satisfying performance.

Dolph Ziggler certainly is NOT ready to main event. He is a mid carder at best right now, he needs to work on his character and is mic skills before he can even be considered main event material. He loses most of his matches and the IWC think he's some sort of god and bothers me. I would rather see him involved in a tag match at 'mania, win that match and then cash in his World Title against Alberto Del Rio.

But this is not guaranteed to happen, I would like to see it happen.

I can't stand Ziggler. He sucks on the mic, he's boring, and brings nothing unique to the table. He's like the malformed baby of Mr. Perfect and Mr. Ass. No thanks lol

He's not a bonafied main eventer, though.

No, he's not a bona fide main event performer, and I've been going back and forth for a long time on whether or not he's ever going to be. With the long losing streak he'd been on in the last few months, I had pretty much decided the company was finally de-emphasizing the monster push the guy has received the past couple years. Much like Cody Rhodes, I figured management had decided Dolph falls short of main event status, and while they still have to deal with the problem of that damn briefcase, it was not going to be Dolph's destiny to gain the top of the rankings.

But after his recent victories over Daniel Bryan and Chris Jericho, I'm starting to believe they're grooming him to cash in and be advanced to the top of the card, after all. Suddenly, he's winning again......just in time for WM29. I don't think this is a coincidence.

If that truly is what they're going to do, I surely don't agree with it; I just don't see Dolph as a main event wrestler. Still, given the incredible amount of time and effort the company has invested in him, I suppose it's inevitable they want some kind of payoff for all their trouble.

Personally, I don't like it. While I enjoy Dolph's matches as a mid-carder, I don't see him battling guys like John Cena and C.M. Punk on even terms. He just isn't good enough, and I don't see any magic formula that's going to make him good enough in the future.

Still, I think WM29 will be the end of Dolph's mid-card status and the payoff to WWE's efforts to "make" new stars by forcing them down our throats.

I sure wouldn't mind being wrong on this one.

Gotta tell ya guys, I see ziggler becoming the top heel at some point. I hope he doesn't end up on "the miz" path. He is great in the ring and I personally think big e and the girl are holding him back. I hope he does cash in at wrestlemania. I hope he holds that belt and drops his sidekicks and proves the non believers wrong. Only time will tell... he's molding well tho, I mean he was a spirit squad member after all, he has come a long way, agreed?

I like his work as a performer, but I don't see him as a main eventer. He's superb in the ring, but he doesn't have the mike skills (which I could forgive , there's been a lot worse), the factor that has me saying I'd pay money to see a ppv with him as the main event. I'm not sure what it is about him, I want to say size, but a lot of smaller performers out there have been what I consider solid champions. When I look at him, I just don't say he's a world's champion.

The fact that (WWE Management) have waited so long to have him cash in his case, leads me to believe the company isn't completely buying into him becoming a champ either.

Dolph Ziggler is like Chris Jericho. He can easily transition between Main Event and Mid-Card. Both work for the guy. What I've noticed since his split with Vickie Guerrero is his vast improvement on the mic. He's much more confident and his words don't feel forced at all. Smooth like butter. The guy can definitely go in the ring and there's no question regarding his selling. Ziggler is kind of a weird case though. He's lost so many matches, yet I don't think he's lost steam because he's unpredictable. Every now and then he'll pull off a victory against a top tier star and immediately reignite credibility. He's a fluctuation. The only thing that bothers me is how long he's been holding the MitB briefcase. If he doesn't cash in soon and win the World Heavyweight Championship, it's only a matter of time before someone else replaces him in terms of ranking. I know The Shield is still together and strong, but once those guys split, then there's room for replacements and those guys pose a threat as potential spotlight takers in the near future for titles AND promos. Dolph better get his shine on soon.

I've thought about this for a while. Now there are several ways to define Main Eventers, but for me it comes down to asking, "Would the primary reason that I would buy a PPV or attend an event be to watch Dolph Ziggler perform?

Nope.

I appreciate his in ring selling and story telling and it's obvious to all that he contributes positively to the overall product, but there are 6-8 other Superstars who are more believable as current main eventers. When I talk about wrestling to other long term fans, Dolph never seems to come up. He has the show-off gimmick, but when was the last time he stole the show.

Will he ever get there?

Who knows? He's certainly been given the opportunities, such as pairing with Vickie, winning MITB, and a remake of the old HBK-Diesel-Sensational Sherri stable, but he has to make the most of his TV time to make his character compelling and must see.

Or for me must purchase.

Look I love Ziggler I think he will be a top Main Eventer someday right now is he no. He has to be in the shadow of Rock vs. Cena, Brock vs. HHH, Taker vs. Punk, so why does he have to be at that main event status right now. Lets be honest is ADR have that status now. I dont think Punk had that status until he dropped his first pipe bomb and started to threaten to leave with the belt. I do agree Dolph has been lackluster with AJ and Big E. I loved his cockiness with the showing off shirts and the stole your GF shirts Everyone asks where has that attitude gone? My answer nowhere its still there and just like the beginning of this message said when you are behind 3 main events like the ones at WM then you play 2nd fiddle until your time to step into the spotlight and he has done very well with that. He is the most talented wrestler in the ring today. I dont care what haters give me crap about it but he is the best in ring performer. And with trips in charge I see Dolph being great!!!

Money in the Bank 2012 took place on July 15, 2012.
Money in the Bank 2013 takes place on July 14, 2013.

Dolph Ziggler could technically cash in his Money in the Bank contract at Money in the Bank 2013.

I would love it if he won the WWE Championship Money in the Bank briefcase, and cashed in his World Heavyweight Championship briefcase and won the WHC while simultaneous having a shot at the WWE Champion.

This won't happen, but it's my dream scenario.

You know what, that is decent idea. I'm not saying I want the world titles unified but that is a good way of doing so.

Ziggler is definitely a main-eventer. His matches have been incredible for the last few years. To be honest, besides Punk, I think his matches are the best the WWE. His mic-work is very good and he has a a great gimmick.There is no doubting that he is a main-eventer.

I think his cashing in comes in after WM - maybe the Raw after. I can see Del Rio retaining the belt and Ziggler cashing in to become new world champ. It is a good idea to keep the momentum going. We know that the night after Mania has to be big and Ziggler cashing in will be enough .

Ziggler is vastly overrated in my eyes. He's good, but, not great. They guy just can't get over and stay over to save his life. WWE needs to do something aboout this seeing as how he is almost guaranteed to be champion with this briefcase. Cena, Orton, Punk, Swagger, The Shield, Hell No, Cesaro, Henry, Big Show, and Ryback all get better reactions than him night in and night out. so that puts him at maybe number 11 in terms of reaction not even including the world champions and part timers. Ziggler needs a character change not a major one but just big enough to give him a bit more edge and make him interesting to the fans, right now he's a typical cocky heel. And to answer the original question no Dolph is not a main eventer, for the moment he's simply an upper midcard guy trying to break the glass ceiling. I'm not saying it can't be done because it takes time for everybody and hopefully Ziggler does get there one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back