Seth Rollins Injured ****Keep it in here****

Yeah the injury sucks but WWE can use the journey back to build a great story.

Like Billy Hope in Southpaw they can show early stages of rehab with Seth acting like he is now,a whiny brat that sees himself entitled to fame and treating his physio people like crap

Over his rehab show little viniettes of Seth slowly starting to build character by treating people better and eventually returning as a driven motivated top of his game guy with substance and great character.

They always seem to bring back long term injured heels back as faces so this just adds to it and creates a good arc moving forward.

There's already talk of Cena ending his 'break' sooner than expected. It's a no brainier that he's back for the Survivor Series tournament. When in doubt, put the strap on Cena (at least that's been the logical conclusion in the past).

Of course, there are also rumors out there about Daniel Bryan being ready to go. He was one of the names being tossed around for Cena's US Title Open Challenge at Hell In A Cell. Any chance he makes an appearance and recaptures the strap ?

No matter what, Survivor Series just got a lot more interesting and entertaining.

Cesaro should win the WWE Heavyweight Championship. With Roman Reigns poised to grab the title , and everyone blurting out ( including me ) his name the second Rollins dropped the title....Cesaro shocking the world at Survivor Series would be completely awesome.

If not Cesaro , then let Kevin Owens take the title and rule the WWE.

During his rehab Seth could appear on programming refusing to recognise the champ and having a clock in the corner of the screen counting the days of his title reign.

As bad as it is for WWE to lose their top heel, and probably their best guy, this also presents a huge opportunity. Interest in Survivor Series is going to be much higher now, and they need to capitalize by doing something exciting. The fact is that with Rollins out of the picture for 6-9 months, he's going to miss WrestleMania, and the WWE needs a new top heel.

One thing I immediately thought of, and something I've seen people talking about, is a reworking of the Deadly Game finish from the 98 Survivor Series. Have Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose in the tournament finals. The Authority screws Ambrose and crowns Reigns as their new guy. This would create the new top heel the company needs, give Reigns the change that his lukewarm babyface character desperately needs, and really put him on another level. Ambrose is the perfect sympathetic babyface to pull this on, especially given their history, and it sets up a feud for the next few months. Also when Lesnar returns and inevitably wins the Rumble, you have a huge WrestleMania rematch, this time with Lesnar challenging Reigns for the belt, and Reigns in the position as the established heel. Eventually of course, Rollins comes back as a babyface and feuds with Regins/The Authority, setting up Reigns vs. Rollins at Survivor Series 2015, one year later, this time with the roles reversed. Regins as the heel, Rollins as the face.

The other, riskier, option is for Cena to fill the role of the new top heel. There's been talk of Cena coming back early, and the only way I'd have it happen is if I had the greenlight to turn him. If Daniel Bryan is healthy, even better, because he is the ultimate symathetic babyface to pull the turn on. It would be the same basic setup. Cena and Bryan come back on the same night, Bryan has a crazy underdog journey to the finals, maybe he gets his neck worked in an earlier match and he's selling the injury. In the finals it's Bryan vs. Cena and Cena turns heel to go over for his 16th Title win (something he'll naturally get heat for anyways). You have a huge Cena/Bryan feud, and then when Lesnar comes back you have the big money WrestleMania 32 main event of Brock Lesnar vs. a heel John Cena for the World Title. The two biggest stars in the business without a doubt. Yes they've had PPV matches before, but not with Cena as a heel World Champion, it's a totally different dynamic and the crowd would go fucking nuts during that match. This might be the riskier option, but it seems like it would be a lot more fun to watch.

Cesaro should win the WWE Heavyweight Championship. With Roman Reigns poised to grab the title , and everyone blurting out ( including me ) his name the second Rollins dropped the title....Cesaro shocking the world at Survivor Series would be completely awesome.

If not Cesaro , then let Kevin Owens take the title and rule the WWE.

Say they do go with turning Reigns, I kinda think Cesaro should play the 'Foley' role. It would let Reigns and the Authority get heat on a well loved babyface, while saving Reigns vs Ambrose (ie; much like Austin being eliminated in the 98 semi finals) for down the road.

Though if none of that happened and Cesaro takes it, I'm all for that as well!

This sucks. I feel bad for Rollins, having his title reign ended by injury.

It's also a big blow for the company.

Here's what I feel.....use this as an opportunity to do something unpredictable. It's a tournament. Make a star by having someone who has never gotten the opportunity them run through everyone in the tournament and TAKE the opportunity. That person is...........CESARO! Do it Vince!!

Reigns has obviously been groomed to be a title winner sometime soon, but I don't feel like the story is right for him. I'd rather see him get it from Brock, or from Rollins(not gonna happen now). So how about.....Cesaro! Eventually Brock takes it from Cesaro, maybe at the Royal Rumble(Cesaro-Brock would have so much potential to be great), and then do Brock-Reigns at Mania. Reigns can either go over there, or if that's too short of a reign, then find a way to drag it out until Summerslam.

Please no Reigns or Cena (I know he's hurt, but we've seen him come back from injury way earlier than expected before). Too boring and predictable. Use this as an opportunity to take a chance.

I know this isn't what you meant, but, how about a WWE Network show called Wrestler Rehab or something, and in it, it's just the entire journey of surgery, rehab, the struggles, etc. Basically, like they're doing with Breaking Ground, but do it focused solely on Rollins.

Also, have it be offset by several weeks, so that his return is actually a secret, because I fucking LOVE popping to surprise returns.

No. I want Seth Rollins as far as he can get from public's perception. Move to Africa, just let him go away until he gets all better. I can already hear the pop the guy will get in his return. I sincerely don't want him back as an heel. After 9 months and he still complains? Nah. Let him comeback, save someone and straight to main event.

Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns (c) at SummerSlam 2016. Sold. Sucks it ain't gonna be at 'Mania though.

If anyone deserved a spot at the Biggest Show was Seth Rollins, so okay, I would be okay if Seth actually got to special referee a match. Something like Triple H vs. Roman Reigns. Authority/Idol vs. Former Brother.

Injuries come with the territory, but Rollins is better equipped than anybody to recover. He will reach the top again.

Now, onto Survivor Series. I think the story writes itself. For the 25th anniversary of Undertaker's debut, I see the Deadman winning the gold. He could drop the title as soon as January or go on to face Cena at WrestleMania. If there was ever a way to make Taker vs. Cena relevant in the post-Streak era, this is it. The event, the place, and the story would make this match into an epic (record WrestleMania crowd, Taker's home state, icon vs. icon, Cena's attempt to tie Flair).

Holy sh...

This is a huge surprise. I just found this out 5 minutes ago and am now trying to gather my thoughts.

This is a huge loss for WWE. You have Rollins, Cena, Bryan, and Orton all not being on Raw for the next few months. That's a severe loss of talent.

Also, what happens to the WWE Championship? My first assumption was that Reigns would win it from Rollins at Survivor Series, and Rollins would take time off to heal afterwards, but what if Rollins can't defend the belt at Survivor Series? If not, I hope we're getting a tournament similar to Survivor Series 1998.

This is just unfortunate. Hopefully, Rollins isn't out very long because he has been easily the best part of Raw for several months and the best heel WWE has had in a while.

Awfull news. Not only he got injured but he did it when he finally could get some good momentum for him and Reigns also because it was the feud that I believe it was gona be good for both of them no mather what the outcome was. Now he just probably put an end of his title reign that has been nothing special. Beaten that fatal 4 way, then Ambrose, then Lesnar made him look like chump until Undertaker saved him and then beaten 2 partimers. O yeah, and beaten Cena by interference by celebrity and then lost every other encounter with him, forgot about that.

Was really hoping to see him develop into something more and maybe at the end got betrayed by Authority and then feud as face with HHH. Now, as much as I hate the idea, best thing would be to Sheamus cash in at RAW and then Reigns or some other big face(Cena maybe) beats him for it. Seth kinda screwed up a lot of booking by this, though holding a tournament at Survivor Series is mayne not such bad idea to mix things as that was anounced by WWE regarding Rollins injury.

Oh, and hoping for him to get healthy soon. From what it appears he is out 6-9 months and that would mean no Mania for Seth. :(

Dammit man, I KNEW he fucked his knee up. I've seen enough landings like that to know it's never just a quick fix. This sucks, honestly completely sucks. Rollins was one of the only guys I looked forward to seeing each week and now he can't even compete at Mania.

This leaves a ton of options for SS, most which have already been mentioned:

Daniel Bryan return: There's no better opportunity for WWE to bring back Daniel Bryan than right now with the company hurting for faces. He's ready to go. If they don't bring him back now, I can't see them bringing him back at all.

Sheamus cash-in: Honestly think this is the way WWE is going to go for a short while. It makes sense. It'll get the briefcase out of the way and WWE now has a legitimate reason to give it to him... there's nobody left.

Reigns turn: Possible, can moreso see Ambrose turning on Reigns though to steal the belt. I think this would be awesome. Ambrose can cement himself in the main event and Reigns can chase until Mania. High likelihood of something like this happening in my opinion.

Cena return: Can see this plausibly happening as well. However I doubt WWE forces him back early after all the work he's put in over the years. If they can't work without Cena, than they're definitely screwed.

Overall I think the most likely options are a Sheamus cash-in or an Ambrose heel turn. I'd be much more happy with the latter.

Listen, this blows, yes... but it might end up being what it takes to cause a shift in mentality of 'one top guy' and get back to the days of a handful of guys who could be on top.

Thankfully, from skimming, no one has suggested backing the cash train up to Punk's house. It's not the answer.

For that matter, the answer is not Daniel Bryan either.

For that matter re-doing the 1998 Survivor Series tournament is a bad idea too.

The answer here is to take this time to build up a few guys and have them be strong for when Rollins comes back.

Look, Vince needs to take a chance here. He needs to have a final four of this tournament as Reigns, Ambrose, Owens and Cesaro. I'd be good with any of those 4 winning, but leaning towards Owens as champ. Following his win, I'd have HHH send Sheamus down to cash in, but he loses. Seamus can challenge for the belt, but lose. Then you bring around the final four to be challengers. Great matches can make great shows. Sell the network based on work.

My fear, however, is that they will go with a situation where Taker ends up winning the strap, Sheamus cashes in and beats him.

I might see some parallels with The Rock and Reigns here. Before Survivor Series 1998, The Rock was still the #1 Contender for the title but then a tournament is booked at Survivor Series, he wins the tournament and turns heel.

Could we see Reigns do the same? Win the title as a heel?

I might see some parallels with The Rock and Reigns here. Before Survivor Series 1998, The Rock was still the #1 Contender for the title but then a tournament is booked at Survivor Series, he wins the tournament and turns heel.

Could we see Reigns do the same? Win the title as a heel?

That'd be cool. The Rock was just starting to pick up major steam as a face and the sudden switch was crazy. Reigns too is starting to win over the crowd week by week. A switch of that magnitude would be awesome for him. With Rollins being out for so long, the Federation needs a top heel. Reigns could really reel the crowd in by throwing all the crap they've done to him in their faces the way Rock did.

Would be even better if he screwed over Ambrose in the tournament in order to win the title. Maybe have them two as the finalists, agree to have a clean match and be boys afterwards, then have Reigns cheat in a major way to win. Whether it's by siding with the Authority, or by just cheap shoting Dean. I'd prefer him to join the Authority personally as it would cement him as the top heel.

Rollins could always come back and be a face since the crowd loves him anyway. As the odd man out of the Authority, having them turn their back on him would help him even more after all he's done for them including bringing them back to power.

That'd be cool. The Rock was just starting to pick up major steam as a face and the sudden switch was crazy. Reigns too is starting to win over the crowd week by week. A switch of that magnitude would be awesome for him. With Rollins being out for so long, the Federation needs a top heel. Reigns could really reel the crowd in by throwing all the crap they've done to him in their faces the way Rock did.

Would be even better if he screwed over Ambrose in the tournament in order to win the title. Maybe have them two as the finalists, agree to have a clean match and be boys afterwards, then have Reigns cheat in a major way to win. Whether it's by siding with the Authority, or by just cheap shoting Dean. I'd prefer him to join the Authority personally as it would cement him as the top heel.

Rollins could always come back and be a face since the crowd loves him anyway. As the odd man out of the Authority, having them turn their back on him would help him even more after all he's done for them including bringing them back to power.

The crowd would already be mostly there as well, with Face vs Face they tend to pick a favourite and treat one as a heel, going this way would get him major heat and have Dean firmly in the title picture going into WM.

I fear however there is only one man who walks away with the title and his build(which is an accurate picture of the actual man) has made him poison to the title, and that's Brock. Yes he is everything Heyman says he is, but he is built as such a mismatch to the rest of the roster that him winning would essentially shelve the title for the foreseeable future.

Although, Brock wins and holds until WM, Reigns vs Brock II and right at the death, Sheamus comes out and screws Roman again...that might work.

i too have had a ACL tear 1.5 years ago and i can say it is too painful....... Its a terrible moment for Seth Rollins and WWE too.... Its like It couldnot be much worse........
I hope he rehabs properly....
God bless him..

Reigns could definitely go over as a monster heel but it still doesn't help WWE's long term need for a bankable top face

My fear, however, is that they will go with a situation where Taker ends up winning the strap, Sheamus cashes in and beats him.

Then the "I'm done with WWE" comments will blow up Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and these boards. I wouldn't be one of them, mind you, but to desecrate Taker like that on his 25th WWE birthday wouldn't be forgivable. That would be just as bad, if not worse, than ending the streak.

WWE is at a total loss of what to do. So they're relying on past stars to sell Survivor Series. Where we got all of this young and hungry talent like Cesaro, Ziggler, Owens, Ambrose, Barrett, Wyatt, and many others I can't think of right now. But they're so reliant on stars like Cena, Orton, Lesnar, Sting, and, to a lesser extent, Bryan, to sell tickets. And they're already grooming Reigns to be that fifth head on WWE's Mount Rushmore than has Sammartino, Hogan, Austin, and Cena on it. But with Orton injured and Bryan's neck going bad, Cena off personally, and Lesnar off deer hunting, that hurts WWE. Hell, if I was in Vince's shoes, I'd be crappin' my pants now.

So anyway, the SS '98 scenario makes the most sense here. A Reigns heel turn would make the most sense here as well IMO. Ambrose is super over. Reigns can't cut a promo worth a damn, and fans have been Whating him as well. So what better way than to finally get on the Authority's good graces and turn him. I think he'd make a great heel.

Another scenario is for Kevin Owens to win it. He has decent mic skills, but his in-ring work? Just look at Elimination Chamber vs. John Cena and you'll see what I mean there. No explanation needed. My only thing is that I'm not quite sure if he's ready to be the top guy just yet. In another year or two, I'll say hell yeah.

A third option, just to make the fans happy, would be Cesaro to win it. While his mic work isn't the best, his in-ring skills are dynamite. I like Cesaro A LOT. I'm rooting for him to get a shot.

Ziggler has the mic skills AND the in-ring skills to be champion. But WWE is holding him back for whatever reason. I'm just glad that atrocious angle with Lana is over. He needs to get back to what's important.

Taker needs to stay far, FAR away from all of this. He needs to concentrate on Wyatt. As much as I'd love Taker to get another run (and there's no question about what he's done for WWE), I personally don't want it to happen. It wouldn't make sense from a storyline standpoint. I would've put Wyatt up there, but he too needs to stay far, far away. But knowing WWE, I guess they could simply kill the storyline for now, have Wyatt chase the title, and save the Taker/Wyatt match for Wrestlemania, which would piss a lot of people off. And it'd make very little sense.

Honorable mentions go to Barrett and Rusev. They're just "I don't know" for me. Sheamus winning the title? I personally wouldn't have too much of a problem with it, but I hope and I pray that the WWE wouldn't do something really stupid as stated above. If their ratings suck now, they are going to plummet to Hell if that happens. Guaranteed. We might not be talking about just record lows for WWE, but near record lows in the history of the Nielsen Ratings. Just sayin'.

In conclusion, I say the three most likely candidates to win are Reigns (perfectly healthy), Cena (WWE begging him back), and Owens (a shot in the dark). I personally would love to see Ambrose or Cesaro win, moreso Cesaro for his in-ring skills. Ambrose is dynamite on the mic, but his in-ring skills are decent at best.

Then the "I'm done with WWE" comments will blow up Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and these boards. I wouldn't be one of them, mind you, but to desecrate Taker like that on his 25th WWE birthday wouldn't be forgivable. That would be just as bad, if not worse, than ending the streak.

WWE is at a total loss of what to do. So they're relying on past stars to sell Survivor Series. Where we got all of this young and hungry talent like Cesaro, Ziggler, Owens, Ambrose, Barrett, Wyatt, and many others I can't think of right now. But they're so reliant on stars like Cena, Orton, Lesnar, Sting, and, to a lesser extent, Bryan, to sell tickets. And they're already grooming Reigns to be that fifth head on WWE's Mount Rushmore than has Sammartino, Hogan, Austin, and Cena on it. But with Orton injured and Bryan's neck going bad, Cena off personally, and Lesnar off deer hunting, that hurts WWE. Hell, if I was in Vince's shoes, I'd be crappin' my pants now.

So anyway, the SS '98 scenario makes the most sense here. A Reigns heel turn would make the most sense here as well IMO. Ambrose is super over. Reigns can't cut a promo worth a damn, and fans have been Whating him as well. So what better way than to finally get on the Authority's good graces and turn him. I think he'd make a great heel.

Another scenario is for Kevin Owens to win it. He has decent mic skills, but his in-ring work? Just look at Elimination Chamber vs. John Cena and you'll see what I mean there. No explanation needed. My only thing is that I'm not quite sure if he's ready to be the top guy just yet. In another year or two, I'll say hell yeah.

A third option, just to make the fans happy, would be Cesaro to win it. While his mic work isn't the best, his in-ring skills are dynamite. I like Cesaro A LOT. I'm rooting for him to get a shot.

Ziggler has the mic skills AND the in-ring skills to be champion. But WWE is holding him back for whatever reason. I'm just glad that atrocious angle with Lana is over. He needs to get back to what's important.

Taker needs to stay far, FAR away from all of this. He needs to concentrate on Wyatt. As much as I'd love Taker to get another run (and there's no question about what he's done for WWE), I personally don't want it to happen. It wouldn't make sense from a storyline standpoint. I would've put Wyatt up there, but he too needs to stay far, far away. But knowing WWE, I guess they could simply kill the storyline for now, have Wyatt chase the title, and save the Taker/Wyatt match for Wrestlemania, which would piss a lot of people off. And it'd make very little sense.

Honorable mentions go to Barrett and Rusev. They're just "I don't know" for me. Sheamus winning the title? I personally wouldn't have too much of a problem with it, but I hope and I pray that the WWE wouldn't do something really stupid as stated above. If their ratings suck now, they are going to plummet to Hell if that happens. Guaranteed. We might not be talking about just record lows for WWE, but near record lows in the history of the Nielsen Ratings. Just sayin'.

In conclusion, I say the three most likely candidates to win are Reigns (perfectly healthy), Cena (WWE begging him back), and Owens (a shot in the dark). I personally would love to see Ambrose or Cesaro win, moreso Cesaro for his in-ring skills. Ambrose is dynamite on the mic, but his in-ring skills are decent at best.

I like your post.

It absolutely cannot be Undertaker. That does the company no good both from a storyline sense and a realistic sense. They need the world champ to be fighting and working every week, and Undertaker can't do that. Putting the belt on him leaves them in just as bad a position as it would be if they just had kept it on Daniel Bryan post WrestleMania or let Rollins keep it now.

For me, I can see it going one of these ways:

1) Reigns wins whatever this SS tournament thing will be outright and gets it.

2) Reigns wins with the help of The Authority and afterwards or next night on RAW it is obvious he joined them. Can spin it as Authority realizes they "made a mistake" with Seth. His injury proves he wasn't ready for it and Reigns is the guy. Or that Reigns sold out realizing this was his best chance to get the belt.

3) Same scenario as above only Ambrose is involved and turns heel to the Authority.

4) Shocking SummerSlam entrant wins it. Someone we don't anticipate making a return. Or Lesnar makes a surprise appearance and gets back the belt he really never lost in the first place. (Vince could be in panic mode and feed Lesnar more money on the contract to work an increased schedule the next few months since the product is in emergency mode now).

5) The worst, and I am afraid the way they go: Sheamus gets eliminated from this SS tournament thing early. Someone wins the title. But Sheamus comes out and cashes in MITB on an exhausted winner and gets the belt.

Sorry posted on the wrong thread there.

Shame about Rollins injury and it has happened at the worst time possible with the Rumble and Mania just around the corner. I hope to God he can get better quickly and this won't affect his wrestling in the future. Once you do damage to certain parts of your body like this it can change how you do things gong forward.

Look at Orton right now. Dislocated his shoulder taking out the trash, nothing to do with wrestling and he's out for 4-6 months. Let's hope he gets whatever help he needs and takes the time to come back whole. I would hate to see this be a career ending injury for him.

However long Seth Rollins is to be out of action, let's remember that his long-rumored face change has been put on hold......a long hold, maybe.

There's no particular reason to expect Seth to come back as anything but what he's always been......a heel. Yes, the fans will cheer at first because they're glad to see him, but he'll soon find ways to get them booing again. His return will be a welcome one; we'll be able to tell by how much we hate him. :lmao:

People on this forum have been worried that WWE has been sitting on it's hands too much the past couple years? Well, here's a chance for the Creative Dept. minds to go nuts and turn the business upside down.

Any-damn-thing can happen. If they play it safe and have Sheamus successfully cash in and rule the roost for awhile, we'll know we're not getting anything special in anticipation of Seth's return.

But if Vince McMahon decides to have Creative burning the midnight oil in an effort to truly shake things up......................

A tough break for Rollins, and he was a good world champion.

Rollins busting his ass during his recovery and rehab after a serious injury has all the makings of a face turn, and there's always a good chance WWE will wait for a surprise to give Rollins the big heroic return pop.

The MITB briefcase can be a reliable fail-safe for unexpected dilemmas (i.e. Rollins cashing in at WM 31 to prevent a potential disaster with the fans turning on and heckling a WWE WHC Roman Reigns), and now is the right time for Sheamus to cash-in. Have Reigns win the tournament and the WWE WHC at Survivor Series, and Sheamus cashes in to ruin Reigns' moment after a hard fought journey to the title. Sheamus and Reigns can feud over the title, while Sheamus temporarily fills the void for the top heel. And Sheamus can drop the title at Royal Rumble or Fast Lane, because I honestly can't picture a scenario, where Sheamus walks into Wrestlemania 32 as the WWE WHC with the likes of Cena and Lesnar waiting in the wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back