Seth Rollins Injured ****Keep it in here****

OYDK

King Of The Ring
News is coming out of Dublin that Seth Rollins may have possibly injured either his leg or his knee attempting a sunset flip on Kane off the top rope. Videos show Rollins attempt the move and than come up lame, from one angle you can see his right leg move in the wrong direction upon his landing. He'd eventually get up and complete the powerbomb on Kane before clutching his leg again. He was helped to the back by medical personnel.

Doesn't look good right now just based off the videos. Yeah, he looks pretty hurt. Fuck sakes. There goes my top reason for watching Raw. If he is hurt long-term it will be a HUGE blow to WWE right now with both Cena and Orton out. Hopefully it's just a minor tweak or something and he can get back in the ring before Survivor Series. If not, there will be a massive power vacuum at the top of WWE.

Thoughts on this?

If he's out for any length of time they're going to go through hell with ratings for a while.

Can you imagine RAW with no rollins (thus making roman reigns irrelevant), no cena, no orton, no Nikki Bella, no Lesnar, no Undertaker, last week had no Kane. (can't believe i'm even caring about no Kane in 2015)...

I mean we went from Cena wrestling each week in US Open challenges vs mystery/quality opponents to the extremely boring Alberto Del Rio vs R-Truth and an upcoming feud with Jack Swagger.

I mean. What a world of puke.

While this is by no means an official diagnosis, the latest word is that it isn't serious and that Rollins just tweaked his knee a bit and that he's expected to work the rest of the tour. It might come across as wishful thinking, but many of us have landed at awkward angles at times and been a little sore and/or stiff in a knee or ankle as a result for a day or so.

To play it safe, WWE could always put him in some sort of tag team situation to protect him for the rest of the tour. They could also have him not wrestle on TV or at live events once he arrives back in the states until Survivor Series and keep whatever physicality he's involved with light until they know the whole ins and outs of the situation with his knee.

Yea like JH said considering none of us were there, and we're not doctors, it's hard to tell how serious this injury is. Either way it sucks for this to have happened, but I'll wait until we get an official report on how bad it it.

I do know from experience though, pulling a muscle you don't feel it right away, but holy shit the next morning you can't friggin move. Pulled my back muscles a couple of years ago shoveling snow, and can still feel it some mornings. So hopefully it's not as bad as that.

From watching a video of it and seeing this photo,

SethHurt2.jpg

I think that it IS serious as he had to be carried out. I mean come on, just look at his leg here. It looks to me like the leg went completely under him, and that's definitely serious.

Torn ACL. Tournament to crown a new champion if you ask me

Well I'm defiantly no doctor but if its serious then its huge. Not just the champion (as with when Brock was champion we never saew him) but were loosing the top heel and a weekly performer.

If Rollins is just saying out 2 months then wwe may ask cena back ear!y?

Thank god if he did blow his knee out, him taking about 3 months off is in the best interest of everyone.

Unfortunately, pretty much any knee ligament injury can be worked through with a brace. Any of you who enjoy him on a weekly basis shouldn't worry too much,

As per the WWE app, Seth Rollins has been stripped off the world title due to injury and a new champion will be crowned at Survivor Series via a world title tournament ala Deadly Games.

Wow... This really puts everything up in the air.... Thoughts, ideas?

Yeah this was insane. I walked out of class and got the notification instantly and was like OMG wtf.

My idea is that they do something similar to the Survivor Series 17 years ago in 1998. Have Amrbose and Reigns both looking strong going into it but build up some tension, have them looking strong throughout and eventually have Ambrose vs Reigns in the finals...maybe set up so everybody expects Ambrose to turn but BAM outta no where! The Authority helps Reigns win the title, Reigns turns heel, and takes Rollins's place as the NEW AUTHORITY CHAMPION!

Obviously you can spin this off into Rollins returning as a face to challenge Triple H who just stripped him of the title and replaced him like he was nothing. But He can also challenge Reigns, you can eventually turns Reigns back face, lots of cool ideas can come out of this

Its sad and fucked up what happened but maybe THIS will be the thing that'll force WWE to do something interesting and creative. Things are definitely getting shaken up

Definitely changes things for sure and with Orton already out and Cena taking time off, be interesting to see where they go.

My thought would have Rollins appear on Monday to relinquish the title and just have Sheamus cash in, win the title and go from there since the briefcase is just kind of out there. And what better opportunity than a guy who is legit injured and can't compete.

Wow! I haven't been this disappointed with an injury in a long time (not that I ever wish injury on anyone, but this one is a blow)!

In the wake of this bad news, I'd like to see two things happen;

Revisit the Deadly Game 98 finish - Roman, despite the 'best efforts' of the Authority, wins a few easy matches En route to the finals, where he faces Ambrose. I'll let your knowledge of history fill in the blank, here.

Seth returns as a face - Much like when Triple H tore his quad, he left aa heel and returned as a baby face. I think distance will make the heart grow fonder for Rollins and he'll be a natural shoe in for a top face position.

Nonetheless, still disappointed as fu©k.

Yeah this was insane. I walked out of class and got the notification instantly and was like OMG wtf.

My idea is that they do something similar to the Deadly Games tournament from a Survivor Series 17 years ago in 1998. Have Amrbose and Reigns both looking strong going into it but build up some tension, have them looking strong throughout and eventually have Ambrose vs Reigns in the finals...maybe set up so everybody expects Ambrose to turn but BAM outta no where! The Authority helps Reigns win the title, Reigns turns heel, and takes Rollins's place as the NEW AUTHORITY CHAMPION!

Obviously you can spin this off into Rollins returning as a face to challenge Triple H who just stripped him of the title and replaced him like he was nothing. But He can also challenge Reigns, you can eventually turns Reigns back face, lots of cool ideas can come out of this

Its sad and fucked up what happened but maybe THIS will be the thing that'll force WWE to do something interesting and creative. Things are definitely getting shaken up

Was thinking the exact same thing. The only thing I'd change is I'd have Roman beat Dean clean in the semi's only because I'd like to see Daniel Bryan be a surprise entrant in the tournament. Have a D-Bry/Reigns final with the authority screwing Bryan over and making Reigns their new champion. That would be dump NUCLEAR heat on Roman…

Also, this time frame will allow Seth to make his return around Summerslam to face HHH and reclaim his belt

It sucks for Rollins definitely as it looks to be a worst case scenario. According to reports, Rollins has torn both his ACL and MCL with an estimated out time of 6 to 9 months.

WWE definitely has a shortage of top stars right now. Bryan's out and who knows when/if he'll be back. Orton is gonna be out for several months as it's said he does need surgery to repair his shoulder or it'll continue to be easily dislocated. Cena is taking time off and won't be back until late December.

Well, now Vince has absolutely no choice but to start really building up some guys because nearly all his top guys are out of action in one way or another.

Latest news is that he's out 6-9 months and they're holding the tournament at Survivor Series to crown the new champ.

Don't know what this means for the title but I can see them going with a Reigns or Ambrose heel turn now. Regardless of whether anyone thinks they're ready or not. I think Reigns turning would be better and when Seth comes back he can come back as a face. Who else on the roster can you really see holding the belt?

Sheamus has MITB still so hes a wildcard but they've done nothing with him and I don't think anybody wants him in that top spot.

Seems a lot of my favorite guys are getting injured this year..Hope he get's a speedy recovery...and anyone but Roman being champion is fine.

Now's honestly the time for the marks to stop shitting on Roman, because he needs to take the belt for a while, until Rollins can come back, and they can have their feud.

I like the idea of turning Roman heel, but then, literally, who are the faces he can compete against? The Ryback? LOL Ziggler? It's time to bring up Apollo Crews and possibly James Storm and possibly even Finn Balor.

Also, I think it's time to give Cesaro a shot as a babyface underdog who doesn't have the support of the management (sound familiar?) to chase the title.

This is such a shame. For Rollins, for the WWE and for the fans.

The WWE have put such immense stock in Rollins. He has been the focus of TV for the last 18 months and has been given a massive push. He has been given the responsibility of leading the new generation and has done very well. To see so much of it lost is a true shame.

He will not get his true comeuppance which is just devastating. The WWE have been building it since May of last year and we have to wait. Now, he won't get it all. All that heat built up for nothing. Reigns, Ambrose, Cena, Orton, Lesnar. None of them could get to him.

Injuries in the grand scheme of things ought to be a worry. Orton, Bryan, Rusev all out too with many more having time off throughout the year. These things are to be expected but when they happen at a similar time it has disastrous consequences.

I'd suggest Sheamus would be a good short-term solution. It would also sort out the MITB issue. Giving it to Reigns or Ambrose now would be very anti-climatic unless one of them turned heel which doesn't make sense given the absence of Bryan, Orton and, of course, Cena.

One can only hope Rollins heals quickly. Him missing WM is a sad thought as it the idea we will have to wait for Rollins and Reigns to have their match which, when it does happen, will be a classic.

this bites for Seth Rollins who was doing such a great job as champion in my opinion and now it's all over. hopefully either Reigns or Ambrose wins the Tournament. my hope is that Ambrose wins the tournament in a match against Roman Reigns....personally though, i dont understand why they didnt just have Sheamus cash in, but i'll be ok with this if either Ambrose or Reigns wins the championship.

This is simply terrible. Rollins has been a amazing champ and this is one of the worst ways to lose the title. I had hopes when it was mentioned in another thread that it was a minor injury, now he's apparently gone for at least half a year which if true means even best case he'll be missing next year's WM. Rollins has been their best heel by far for months with no one being a close 2nd so on top of everything he's leaving a big hole to fill. In any case here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery for Rollins.

This definitely is awful. WWE just lost their top heel, and simply put about the injury.

I told you so. The minute I saw the incident, I knew the injury was be serious and that he'd have to give up the title.

Only problem is, we all know who the title is going to now.

I told you so. Only problem is, we all know who the title is going to.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. I remember Chris Jericho being the surprise winner of the Undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Championship tournament at Vengeance in 2001 when everyone was predicting Stone Cold, John Morrison winning the ECW title tournament when everyone was predicting CM Punk and Randy Savage winning at WrestleMania 4 when everyone knew that the winner would have to be Andre or Hogan.

I think that when it comes to tournaments that have so much at stake, the WWE tends to shy away from the obvious choice for the sake of making their program a little less predictable.

What I'm hopeful for is that this becomes one of those extreme moments where the WWE feels compelled to stack the card with an excess of substitutes for the lack of their world champion. Maybe we'll see someone other than Roman win the world title, which will be a little more interesting for my money. Also; maybe we'll see Sting walk out as one of Undertaker's teammates as a means of keeping us engaged.

My heart goes out to Seth, that injury looked nasty as hell. If it wouldn't be evil of me to recognize a bright side to this, maybe now it'll be more likely that we'll get a SHIELD reunion when he comes back. Time off due to these kinds of circumstances tends to make the crowd nostalgic, I think it would be the best way to bring him back when he's able.

Get well soon Seth.

If they really want to get some heat, they should have Sheamus cash in right as the tournament final is about to finish. Sheamus cashes in and takes the title by forfeit because it's vacant, and screws both finalists in the process because the match is no longer for the title because the title vacancy has already been filled.

This definitely sucks. I was really enjoying Rollins as Champion. Like a lot. Idk what WWE is gonna do, but here are a few ideas off the cuff....

Perfect time to bring Bryan back. Reports say his doctors have cleared him and that it's WWE dragging ass. Bryan has said in many interviews that he's ready. WWE might be forced.

Brock Lesnar people. I know folks don't like his sporadic appearances but having just beaten 'Taker in a great match, might be the perfect time for him to recapture the title.

Give Cesaro an underdog, snowball's chance in hell type of push going into the tournament and actually have him win. I think it could turn out quite good.

Everyone seems to be keen on revisiting the Deadly Games scenario with Reigns and Ambrose. While that's not terrible, I still don't think Reigns should win yet. So have Ambrose be the new Authority guy and screw over Reigns. Ambrose would be an amazing heel if his performance in the Shield is any indication.

Perhaps the most far fetched and out there fantasy of mine is have 'Taker somehow enter the tournament and win. It's so obvious that this is his last run that it's ridiculous. So maybe put the strap on him till like Royal Rumble or something and let him have one last title run. I'd love it. I'd probably cry. Hell there was a tear in my eye after his match at HIAC when the fans were paying homage to him because I realized that this is it for my all time favorite.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back