Seth Rollins' Potential

pharrison0scorpion

Occasional Pre-Show
There is one superstar on the new form of NXT who stands out for me to be one of the top stars of the future. His name is Seth Rollins. For those who don't know who he is, or haven't been watching/can't watch the new NXT,this is his debut match in the new NXT against Jiro: (this isn't the best sell of his finisher by the way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwaFAWp97CI

For me, I think Rollins has a LOT of potential in WWE. His fired up personality along with his high level of in-ring performance make him, in my eyes, one of the top new superstars on NXT. My question is, how far do you see Rollins going in WWE?

(Doesn't he remind you of a young CM Punk?)

im not too sure about rollins if im honest. For me personally he doesnt have much more than a good look and decent ring ability. On the mic? he is VERY average! so average it hurts! It's really early to tell but so far Rollins is playing the happy go lucky pumped up rasslin fan that doesnt really give you much chance to see what they can do. His ROH work never greatly impressed me so still i think time will tell. What im saying is that he has the look, he has the flashy moves but does he have the charisma, character and personallity to make him a top superstar? only time will tell!

Personally, this guy just screams out John Morrison to me but we will see.

I think Rollins is very capable of being a big player in WWE. If you've seen what he did in ROH - then you know what kind of matches he's capable of having. He obviously needs work on his promos - so let's hope he doesn't jomo in that aspect. But I could see Rollins as a main eventer in about 5 years.

I like Seth Rollins, I think the guy has a high ceiling and at worst I see him being a solid mid-carder. Some people compare Rollins to Cm Punk but he's nowhere near as good as Punk on the mic. Rollins also gets a lot of comparisons to John Morrison but I think Rollins is closer to a Jeff Hardy far more than a Morrison, hell even Jr says the same thing about Rollins which he said about Hardy which is "he bounces to the beat of his own drum". Also from reports I read online WWE seems to be really high on Rollins only behind Dean Ambrose in prospect rankings.

Rollins is painful on the mic, but great in the ring. Hopefully, they can develop his weaknesses and let him develop into someone special, because that's the only thing that will keep him away from the top of the card. He has a great ring presence as a face, and thats not easy to find.

I do think he needs a new finisher though.

Rollins isn't that bad on the mic. He's certainly not the Rock, but he's not terrible either. He definitely has the tools to get it done in the ring, that's for sure. Also, Rollins has that certain anti-superstar appeal to him, much like with Jeff Hardy and CM Punk, so that could work out to his advantage.

But as far as potential to become a huge superstar, it's really up to the fans. If the fans don't give a shit about someone, than it doesn't matter how much potential they have or how talented they are in the ring. Look at Charlie Haas: one of the best in-ring talents the WWE had at one point. But he just couldn't connect with the fans, so he never really rose past a certain point in the company.

Rollins can get it done in the ring, but it will be up to the fans to determine whether he sees success or not.

If Jeff Hardy can be WWE Champion I'm sure Rollins has enough talent to get over with the WWE fans. And think the guys who decide when these young guys get called up know that. Its all about how they introduce him to the fans.

I don't get it.

Seth Rollins is.. alright.

He's really.. Generic. Plain. SHIT on the mic.. just his delivery is so off its really painful to watch.
As a worker, sure he is no Shawn Michaels we can all agree. But looking at a current WWE Superstar, I would compare him to.. Cody Rhodes. Quite Overrated as a worker. Good.. but not great.

The problem is the IWC put him on such a high pedestal, ride his cock so much that when you finally watch him in action. Your quite let down because he's been given so much hype that it falls flat.
He has potential. Don't get me wrong but he's on NXT for a reason.

I can see the Punk comparison but he reminds me most of Jeff Hardy. The goodlooking kid, that's a daredevil. The girls like him because he's a good looking and the guys will like him because his style fast paced, he can wrestle and throw caution to the wind. I think he has major breakout potential.

He is there to replace John Morrison, it's gotta be it. He does NOT have charisma, he is just there dancing around like a lunatic. His wrestling ability are all flashy and stuff, but he is probably the worst talker on NXT/FCW right after Bo Dallas. I think that a lot of the guys that were squashed by Ryback are a lot better than Rollins in the microphone.

If he wants to be a serious guy, he has a lot of things to change like his stupid entrance, his awful mic skills and his generic in-ring persona. I hope he debuts in a stupid tag team, because in singles competition I'll be pissed to see him get more TV Time than Drew McIntyre or Alex Riley.

I'd never seen him in Ring of Honor (it's hard to catch ROH when it's on at 1:30am on Monday morning), but I heard a lot of great things about him, so when I saw him on NXT I was looking forward to seeing what he could do. Overall, he's an amazing in-ring competitor, but I don't think he's at the level people were saying he was at. He definitely has HUGE potential, but he's not as good technically as guys like Punk, Bryan, Jericho, Kidd, etc. I also think he needs to work on his character a little bit, because right now he's just kind of a guy who likes heavy metal, which doesn't have any depth to it. But I think after a few more months in developmental and a few tweaks to his character, he will be ready to be called up to the main roster.

He comes from the indys so IWC overhypes him. He's a midcarder at best. He is basically another John Morrison.

I never thought Seth Rollins was very good when he was in Ring of Honor as their World champion. I certainly don't think he's very good now that he's in the WWE. He's a fine wrestler, but on every other level he's either average or horrible. The guy has absolutely NO charisma, NO mic skills, and he doesn't even have a great look. I'm sorry but he's not good enough in the ring to allow that to carry him to great heights like guys like Chris Benoit did many moons ago.

There are SO many people, especially already on the WWE roster, that deserve a chance and have far more potential then Seth Rollins do. Drew Mcintyre, Alex Riley, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, and the list goes on.. they all deserve to have more exposure and more opportunity on the main roster FAR before Seth Rollins ever gets his chance.

Kudos to the Jeff Hardy comparison. If any of you remember, Jeff Hardy's mic skills were terrible as well, and yet the fans still loved him in WWE.

As for the people who say that Drew McIntyre, Ted Dibiase, and other wrestlers who worked hard enough on their craft to become mediocre jobbers, you've gotta open your eyes.

Seth Rollins is going to be huge in WWE. What Seth will always have over guys like Drew, Ted, Jinder, Gabriel, and Heath is that Seth is always capable of delivering a high octane performance in the ring. Hell, watching all of their matches is like watching paint dry. How are we supposed to care about them if they're not going to make an effort that's more than just going through the motions? Jobbers will complain about their position in the company without even realizing that it's themselves that have to improve.

Seth already is a superior in-ring competitor to at least 75% of the main roster, and now all he does have to do is greatly improve on the mic, which he most definitely realizes. Why do you think he becomes the champion wherever he goes? As an up and comer, he always works the hardest and is vocal about where he wants to go with the company.

Give the comparisons to WWE's jobbers a rest and realize that this is the guy who will take Jeff Hardy's place, and not screw up like he did in the process. He will become one of the most popular WWE Superstars on the main roster, and for many of you, it will take WWE telling you that he's good for you to finally accept it.

Everyone is a jobber in WWE because they deserve to be. Seth is out of their league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back