Seth Rollins

ASKane

Championship Contender
I have done this with Reigns, Cena and Ambrose and its had good results, now onto the man with World Title Seth Rollins, copy and paste the list then rate his skills out of 10 in the categories with a comment. For Rollins use the Facebuster he has begun using for his finisher, the categories are:

Ring Gear -
Entrance + Music -
Physical Appearance -
Character/Gimmick -
Mic Skills -
Finisher -
Signature Moves -
Move Set -
Selling/Bumping Ability -
Whole Package -

Ring Gear - 5

I don't like his ring gear. He looks like a power ranger, and for some reason he walks funny in it. The Shield gear was much better suited to him.

Entrance + Music - 4

The music is horrible, just horrible. The only good thing is the way the tron lights up to it. Generic walk, but J&J Security behind him always save the day for me.

Physical Appearance - 8

Rollins is okay, well built, and very athletic. Not sure about the blonde in the hair, but it's unusual, and suits him.

Character/Gimmick - 8

He's a smug bastard, and plays the part well. The only thing I'm not fond of is the fact that he's a good wrestler and doesn't need all the interference that happens. His title run hasn't been well thought out, focusing more on the satellite members of the Authority than him. Once he turns face again, he'll be off and running.

Mic Skills - 9

Great on the mic. He and Ambrose carried the Shield on the mic during their run, and Rollins never missed a beat afterwards.

Finisher - 6

Loved the curb stomp, shame they banned it. The Phoenix Splash is awesome, but he can't use it being a heel. The new one, forget the name, is crap. He got a higher score because he used the Phoenix Splash once, otherwise it would have been lower.

Move Set - 8

Rollins has a great move set. He can be a perfect heel or face, and have different moves for each one. I like his high flying ability, but haven't seen that in awhile. Very athletic in the ring and quick.

Selling/Bumping Ability - 9

Takes a lot of bumps and can sell up a storm.

Whole Package - 8

If his title run had been better he would have received a higher score. It's been kind of dismal so far. Rollins has the wrestling ability to go far in this company. He is definitely a main eventer, but I feel he's been closeted into a role right now that isn't allowing him to show what he can do. Get him out from under the Authority and let him go for it.

His title run has been great so far in my opinion. He's single-handedly making Kane relevant again by insulting him every week. The finish to the match with Orton was the best way a heel has slithered away with a belt in a long time. Had the match not revolved around the "gate keeper" it would have been even better.

He is doing a fantastic job of being entertaining on the mic right now without treading into "cool heel" territory like so many others do. I'm not going to rate his ring gear or his entrance (or anything else for that matter), because ratings are totally subjective.

While I usually agree with Navi, criticizing his title run right now is totally unfair. Stealing the RKO and calling it his SKO was awesome, and making Kane interesting again is something I thought was impossible. Seth Rollins is on fire, and this is coming from a guy who took a while to buy into him as a top heel.

While I'm overtly praising Rollins, did anyone else notice how he almost cracked up after hitting the RKO? I'm sorry, I think everything the guy touches right now turns to gold.

While I usually agree with Navi, criticizing his title run right now is totally unfair. Stealing the RKO and calling it his SKO was awesome, and making Kane interesting again is something I thought was impossible. Seth Rollins is on fire, and this is coming from a guy who took a while to buy into him as a top heel.

I agree that stealing the RKO and making it his own was fantastic, the problem with the title run is more about infighting between him and Kane. And it's been that way for a couple of weeks now. When Kane said, we made you champion, and we could have made El Torito champion if we had wanted too, and the fact that Rollins only had the MITB because Kane gave it too him, he was telling the truth. I think that hurt Rollins credibility a little.

Doesn't take away from the fact he's a great wrestler, much better in fact that he's being portrayed now, and that kind of bothers me a little. That's all.

I would love to see him have a great run, free and clear of Kane and the rest, but that will never happen as long as he's part of the Authority. But if he wasn't part of the Authority he wouldn't have the title. Six of one, half dozen of the other I'm afraid.

Ring Gear-8
I like the closet that it's something different from almost everyone doing trunks, and kick pads. The leather looks good but sometimes it looks bulky with his knee pads. The gold with the black looks good because of the blonde with his hair.

Entrance-8
I like the music but since he's champion now it would be better if when his music stops for the first time there would be some pyro. The change ups are great.

Physical-10
I was watching him and Dean fight at Summerslam and his arms were noticeably smaller than they are now. He looks a whole lot better today physically and looks how a champion should look.

Character-9
The way he comes across as the kid you've always wanted to beat up in high school is perfect. Everyone knew a guy like that so everyone could hate him. The way he talks trash in the ring is good too. I remember him saying to Undertaker "what are you going to do about it deadman?" The fact someone talked trash to Taker was pretty ballsy.

Mic Skills-7
They're way better than they used to be and you can tell he is improving everyday. It sounds like he's not just remembering script and is making it up as he goes with a few bullet points.

Finisher-9
Holy cow was the curb stomp the best fit for this guy. It could be hit on anyone, come as a surprise and made a person who doesn't watch wrestling see that move and go "oh shit!" The Phoenix splash is good for only special occasions like big matches or big PPVs. Now that he has the Dirty Deed Scorpion Death Drop.......it's a just whatever move now.

Move Set-10
Amazing set of moves. He can technical wrestle with Bryan, high fly with Neville, Power move with Cena, and put a show on with Cesaro. This guy has something for everyone.

Selling-9
He doesn't over sell like Ziggler does sometimes or no sell important moves. He remembers to sell body parts as a match progresses too.

Whole Package-9
Being that he can wrestle any style that his opponent has, can put on a show in ring and on the mic and also take the time to always train on the road show how this guy will be great. Seeing him take on different roles and seeing him progress will be a great story when he's a veteran in WWE. The best of Rollins is yet to come.

Rollins is definetly in my fav 5 that being said heres my opinion of him

Ring Gear - 9

By far one of the best in ring gears ive seen the reason why is because it looks perfect on him considering he's the top Heel in WWE right now, The Black Gloves are the best part of it.

Entrance + Music - 6

As much as it is Generic i like it as a theme song but its not thr best choice, what i'd give him is Coreu Graves old theme song in NXT suits him perfectly or anything close to CM Punks this fire burns.

Physical Apearence - 9

I have absolutly no complains great physical Shape.

Character Gimmick - 10

The best Heel Character in WWE since Edge Nuff Said.

Mic Skills - 9

One of the best around, all I'm waiting for is for him to drop a Pipe Bomb like CM Punks.

Finisher (Former -10) (Current - 5)

God i loved the curb stomp he could hit perfectly from anyware at anytime, i have never seen a move like it, i remember back when he was in FCW the first time i saw the i marked out and went and showed it to my Sister. As for his current Finisher the only CJ Parker Used before him its absolutly hidious no one on the mainroster has ever used it so thats the best thing about it, but other than that its rubish.

Signitures - 8

The Turnbuckle powerbomb is sweet especially followed by a curb stomp, the SethWalker is nice he does it better than anyone ive ever seen, Phonix Splash is AWESOME one of the best moves ever.

Moveset - 9

One of the most Unique Indie style move sets around so i have no complain all i want is for him to use the Fisherman Brainbuster again.

Selling Bumping Ability - 10

The Best in this PERIOD, the only person i can think of thats close to Rollins in this is Evan Bourne(Matt Sydal).

Whole Package - 9.999999

Almost the perfect sport entertainer future Legend and Hall of Famer unless WWE Effs him up like they did with many before him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back