Will Seth Rollins ever get his true comeuppance?

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
Looking back, I think we all can safely say that Seth Rollins becoming a scumbag, traitorface and siding with the Authority has been vindicated given his capture of the MitB briefcase and subsequently, the WWE Heavyweight Championship.

However, with all the talk of a "soon to happen" Seth Rollins babyface turn, I can't help but think as a huge SHIELD mark that there should be a way for Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose to really get some proper comeuppance for what Seth Rollins.
Yes, there have been times where both have embarassed Rollins, but mostly on SmackDown!

Just the thought of Seth going babyface without ever having Reigns and Ambrose "get back" at him means that I, in an obvious minority, can't help but feel 'empty' and really won't be able to get myself behind any Rollins "face-turn" that might happen in the near future.

Your thoughts?

Yes, it's interesting to speculate about Roman & Dean getting revenge on Seth. Of course, if Seth turns good.....and the other two remain good....revenge would be out of the question, right? How do you attack a guy who has finally seen the light and is now making the world safe for Mom & apple pie?

No, it seems the only way to get revenge is for Reigns & Ambrose to turn evil, almost simultaneously with Rollins going good......and that might involve some awkward script-writing, don't you think? If the writers can find a believable way to make that happen, more power to 'em.

If the company is set on staging the revenge factor, I would turn Seth good.....and let him do virtuous things for a few weeks, keeping Roman & Dean completely away from him. This should last for a while, but just a short while....otherwise, the impact of why Roman & Dean want revenge will be lost on us.

Then, Roman & Dean can turn bad and beat the living shit out of Seth. :p

I think simply because they can't have a 2-on-1 beatdown of Rollins without bringing someone in from the outside to protect Rollins. At that point, you're bringing in someone from outside the Shield and it's just not the same. Especially if the plan to put the title on Rollins this long term wasn't in the original scope of the plan. Reigns getting booed constantly and Lesnar deciding to re-sign changed the landscape a bit IMO.

Assuming Reigns and Ambrose get theirs against Rollins right after he turned would likely not have shot Seth to the top. Like many others, I thought Seth being the one to turn was questionable because he was never booked the strongest. He was never booked the weakest. He was the middle child of the Shield. Hits high spots. Has the "wow" factor. But never scored many pins. That was given to Reigns most of the time. Looking back over the last 14-15 months or so, we needed the Seth Rollins we currently enjoy. But how strong does it make him look after the turn if Ambrose and Reigns take him down right away?

The timing was perfect because he could capture the MitB briefcase which is almost a guarantee he was going to the top. It propelled him without ever having to beat his former Shield partners. So they were never exactly on the same level with one another. They never had a common reason to fight each other. Because directly after the turn, Seth had the protection of the Authority when the Authority was more of an actual thing with Kane, Orton, etc... I would assume Reigns and Ambrose would know better at that point. So they were always a slight level below Rollins therefore never crossing paths.

We will get Triple Threat match for the WWE Title at some point between the three. It's going to happen. But it will be for a bigger purpose and bigger prize. I believe it will involve all three being face and one of them turning again. It might even happen later this year. With Cena gone taking time off and Lesnar not really needing the title, who else is going to carry it? Those three guys or.... ugh.... Sheamus. Taker won't have it. Orton won't have it. Kane won't have it. Cena won't have it. Lesnar won't have it. It's going to be a very interesting fall/winter for the WWE Title. After Reigns likely beats Wyatt, Amrbrose takes the big babyface spot while Cena is taking time off and we start to see the slow Seth turn, they will then finally have a common reason to fight. So I think everybody will get their piece of Rollins individually. Ambrose already sort of did and that is done. Reigns and Rollins is still a long feud that needs to happen. But again... it will be for the prize.

It'll happen eventually. If the behaviors of Triple H & Stephanie are any sort of indication, my guess would be that The Authority stabs Rollins in the back or leaves him to be food for the wolves, so to speak, if/when he ultimately loses the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

A face turn is possible prior to him dropping the title and if Sting hadn't been injured and missed the post NOC episode of Raw, I think it would've been a potentially good opportunity to at least start Rollins down the path. Sting would call Rollins to the ring and genuinely congratulate him for stepping up, he's not there to bust his chops about John Cena or about aligning with The Authority, but that Rollins stepped up and acted like a champion. He fought two matches back to back and he was able to beat him, straight up beat him. I could see Sting giving some sort of heartfelt speech to him, from one veteran to a young, hot talent, maybe telling him that he's proud of him for proving him wrong at Night of Champions; earning Sting's respect, thereby portraying Rollins as having earned the respect of the rest of the roster with some brief backstage interactions, despite his allegiance with The Authority, could've caused Rollins to reassess what's happened, regret some of his actions, etc.

I would be completely open to the idea of having Seth Rollins turn to a full blown face to start. Have the authority stack the odds against him only to have Roman and Dean make the save. But after clearing the crowd with just them three standing in the ring, have Roman and Dean take their shots. After the beat down, have Ambrose and Reigns pause for a few moments to take in what theyve done. Then have them extend the arm out to Rollins thus clearing the air between them... For now.

I think so. Seth turning face in the immediate future will likely make me ragequit the Main Roster. Seth is the only heel who has been portrayed as irredeemably malicious. They need to revamp his image as Such.

Quite frankly, my only real concern is that his defeat will be reminiscent of Nikki Bella's. Here you have an important champion with a notably long reign and when it ends...you just don't feel anything. Very anti-climactic.

I think what might work is when Seth is out there with HHH and whoever he brings out there with him, they attack Seth and beat on him. Than Roman and Dean come out to help they clear the ring. Seth stands there and stares at Roman and Dean, Seth extends his hand for a shake Dean starts to extend his hand and than Roman clothes lines them both. Roman beats on them both for a bit and leaves the ring. This is where Roman turns heel he gets his revenge on Seth, but now what about Dean that is the question how does he get his revenge. Dean could stay face and tag with Seth a few times only to turn on him and walk out leaving him to fight alone in a match.

That's the whole thing that bothered me the most about the break up of the Shield. I'm a huge Shield mark as well, and wanted to see Rollins get his ass handed to him, but it never happened.

Ambrose tried and tried again and failed. Reigns never really tried at all. It would have been so nice seeing this as an ongoing arc, where every once in awhile one of them would get their hands on Rollins and give him the shit kicking of a lifetime. The powerbomb through the announce table was about as bad as it got for Rollins.

Other than that it's been oh there's Seth and nothing else. I'm afraid that bringing it up now would be a day late and a dollar short. Most fans have moved on from what happened considering it was well over a year ago.

Probably not what everyone's hoping for but I think it kinda happened already. As we all know Seth backstabbed his former bros and that led to Reigns/Ambrose getting this ass kicked by the Authority, so the natural revenge would be...Seth getting his ass kicked by Reigns and Ambrose. Anyone remember that fatal 4 way with the 3 guys + Orton? Seth took a double powerbomb through a table and Kane got powerbombed on top of him twice. Yes Seth walked out the champ but he still got as good as a asskicking he can get from Ambrose/Reigns without them coming off as heels.

Of course there's still tons of ways they can continue the storyline if they wanted to and it's quite possible they're simply stalling until WM season, but if the whole goal is for Reigns/Ambrose to get revenge for the backstabbing then it seems like mission accomplished already.

What if we saw Reigns/Ambrose forgive Rolins after everything? Would you still feel unsatisfied with the arch of the plot?

Say Rollins begins showing face tendencies going as far as saying that what he did to his Shield brothers was wrong, and that he can't stop feeling the guilt of his sins after all these months. Authority begins having doubts about Seth and ultimately end up screwing him out of the WWE title. While Seth is on his knees stunned in the ring, The Shield music hits and Ambrose/Reigns come out. While Rollins stays on his knees and is ready to take the beating like a man, Reigns and Ambrose instead embrace Rollins and carry him out.

Would this still leave you unsatisfied?

I hope the shield saga is a long term slow burn ala Rock vs. HHH feud on every level or HBK vs. Hart feud on every level. Ambrose had his feud with Seth for the WWE title headlining PPVs and all.

I'd like to see Seth the heel lose the title this year to a Face (Brock as monster face IMHO) and have his turn not be related to the title. Let it be it's own thing. After dropping the belt you can have Rollins getting bullied by HHH and Steph being called a failure and all that.

They start warming back up to Reigns and slowly recruit him as "their new guy". Mania 33 main event.

Face Rollins vs. Hell Reigns

Probably not what everyone's hoping for but I think it kinda happened already. As we all know Seth backstabbed his former bros and that led to Reigns/Ambrose getting this ass kicked by the Authority, so the natural revenge would be...Seth getting his ass kicked by Reigns and Ambrose. Anyone remember that fatal 4 way with the 3 guys + Orton? Seth took a double powerbomb through a table and Kane got powerbombed on top of him twice. Yes Seth walked out the champ but he still got as good as a asskicking he can get from Ambrose/Reigns without them coming off as heels.

Of course there's still tons of ways they can continue the storyline if they wanted to and it's quite possible they're simply stalling until WM season, but if the whole goal is for Reigns/Ambrose to get revenge for the backstabbing then it seems like mission accomplished already.

That would be a huge bummer if indeed what you are saying proves true.
Seth backstabbed his 'bros' in order to get to the top, thus, his bros causing him to 'lose everything' that he practically throwed everything else(brotherhood, etc.) away for, would be the ideal comeuppance in the storyline.

That part at Payback was a nice teaser, lMO, in reinforcing that WWE hasn't forgotten the animosity that lies there. However, I can't help but think that WWE might go and let Reigns give him the comeuppance alone, when I actually believe that it should be both Reigns and Ambrose to actually give some sort of closure to the SHIELD break-up arc before moving on.

Fingers crossed they have something planned, because at this point, it does seem like It was all a swerve for the sake of it and nothing more. Given how well the SHIELD were booked that would be a huge let down.

What if we saw Reigns/Ambrose forgive Rolins after everything? Would you still feel unsatisfied with the arch of the plot?

Say Rollins begins showing face tendencies going as far as saying that what he did to his Shield brothers was wrong, and that he can't stop feeling the guilt of his sins after all these months. Authority begins having doubts about Seth and ultimately end up screwing him out of the WWE title. While Seth is on his knees stunned in the ring, The Shield music hits and Ambrose/Reigns come out. While Rollins stays on his knees and is ready to take the beating like a man, Reigns and Ambrose instead embrace Rollins and carry him out.

Would this still leave you unsatisfied?

In the right situation, if such happens and it is not forced just because, then I do think I would accept it. Say, for eg, the Wyatts are running riot and practically are in control of the WWE, and AmbReigns(not from this current storyline, but a little in the not too distant future) think that reforming the SHIELD is the only way to take the Wyatts down. I wouldn't mind that at all. It could actually be some interesting programming also.

Of course, for that to happen, the Authority would have to be out of the picture.

At the end of the day, the SHIELD mark in me wants some logical closure given how the initial break-up was built up to be so shocking and was met with huge anticipation thereafter.

That's the whole thing that bothered me the most about the break up of the Shield. I'm a huge Shield mark as well, and wanted to see Rollins get his ass handed to him, but it never happened.

Ambrose tried and tried again and failed. Reigns never really tried at all. It would have been so nice seeing this as an ongoing arc, where every once in awhile one of them would get their hands on Rollins and give him the shit kicking of a lifetime. The powerbomb through the announce table was about as bad as it got for Rollins.

Other than that it's been oh there's Seth and nothing else. I'm afraid that bringing it up now would be a day late and a dollar short. Most fans have moved on from what happened considering it was well over a year ago.

This, lMO, is the key to any comeuppance by Ambreigns happening. Most of the casual fanbase won't remember it much, thus, based on a Reigns interview where he said the break-up was decided on the day it happened, I can see it being merely "A Swerve for the sake of it."

lMO, as long as Rollins is still heel and very much a part of the Authority, the doors are very much open for him to get his comeuppance. Ntm, Ambreigns also still exists at this point and Rollins still holds the main title in his possession.

The Authority / Rollins angle has probably been the best or second best long term storyline WWE has had in the last couple years at least. I think the Taker/ Lesnar storyline is just as good if not better.

But all angles come to an end, and having him turn face might not be a bad idea. However, I would try something else, if it were up to me. A lot of fans have said that Rollins is similar to Shawn Michaels, and he is in athletic ability, size, and long term potential. He does lack HBK's charisma, but HBK didn't have show stopping charisma after just under 3 years on the main roster either.

I'd pair him with a Kevin Nash type, just like HBK. A big, strong, tall guy and not change his gimmick much if at all. Put the two together and see if he can make it work like they did. I'd like to see Rollins wrestle without a gimmick that ensures his success, and have a feared partner to back him up, because he has played the coward pretty well so far. With just two people, they wouldn't be invincible and would get their butt's kicked as often as they would kick butt, making for good back and forth with rivals
Let the fans decide whether or not they will cheer or boo him.

The shield reunion is too big of a deal, it will happen sometime, but it would be better if the former members all had good individual success and have gone through vastly different paths to get to the reunion.

I can't see him turning face anytime soon. May be a heel for even longer. There's not really any main event heels that could take his place unless they really believe Sheamus is that guy.

They can't get revenge on Seth though. The guy is just too smart and too cunning for them.. Seth has left both of them in the dust, Ambrose and Reigns wish they were half the star Rollins is. Rollins is the champ. He owns everyone on the roster and he will continue to run the show for many year's to come. Reigns and his sidekick don't mean squat anymore.

It's not too difficult to do... and they have done it before.

Remember when Owen and Bret finally reunited? Was it awkward that Bret never really got true comeuppance on he and Davey? No... it was put to him that "We're stronger together and it was THEY who split us up..."

In this case THEY become The Authority if the group are faces or the fans if they go back to Tweeners (which is more likely)

Sometimes "payback" doesn't happen or isn't needed... It'd be hard for Reigns to say he's not in a better position because The Shield split as they did, same for Dean... and a lot comes down to that Shield mantra of "taking over the business, together or seperately" - all they really have to do is say "mission accomplished" - remember Seth has more than held up his end as champion, so he can always use the "are you guys making more money?, more popular? and are we taking over the business?" and they'd say yes...

That's all it really needs... Shawn never got proper "comeuppance" EVER for all his misdeeds, he got beaten up for real by Marines but he never got onscreen payback for the poor behavior over the years or even the disrespect he showed Austin in the lead up to Mania... he was just "gone" and got a clean slate... It's not hard to see Seth getting that pass...cos ultimately, he succeeded.

Seth and Dean fought in how many matches? Granted Dean didn't win any but he made Seth "look like a jerk!" Roman on the other hand has beaten Seth 100% clean on TV. The Raw right before Night Of Champions 2014 he beat Seth clean, then Roman went out with his injury.

That being said it's a bit too late for revenge in my opinion. I mean if you look at the numbers, The Shield broke up 16 months ago. The Shield was only together for 19 months.

I do think there is a plan in the works now, while I'm sure a lot of people agree at this point. I think the Shield triple threat is on for Wrestlemania for the title. I'm picturing Dean Ambrose winning the Rumble. And I'm thinking all 3 guys will be faces for that match. I'm picturing Triple H turning on Seth around December, then a match at the Rumble. A warm up match for HHH and a big time match for both of them. Then Dean wins the Rumble, you sneak Reigns in and you walk out with Reigns as champ. Which would be the ultimate revenge right? But who knows what the current plan is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back