The Seth Rollins Thread That Was Clearly Needed

Adam Rush

Can you feel...the electricity?
Okay, so as any of you who have read some of my prior threads know, I'm a MASSIVE Seth Rollins fan, and so I may be biased on this, but I see all of you guys talking about Reigns and Ambrose. Why isn't Seth Rollins getting the attention he deserves IMO? Ambrose and Rollins are having a magical feud, yes, but you guys act like Ambrose is God and kind of push Rollins to the wayside. But I feel like, and I've said this from the beginning, that Rollins is the best member of the three former Shield guys. This isn't a knock on Ambrose, either. I love Dean Ambrose and I've followed his career since he first began in FCW (yes, I did go do my research), but Seth Rollins is very versatile. He plays a face well due to his high-flying arsenal and his unique look, and clearly he plays a heel well as he just had a moment that may have launched him into the top 2 heels in the WWE (good luck getting past the 1 in 21-1 though). Admittedly, I thought making Rollins a heel was a terrible idea, but it's working really well, and I'm just wondering why Rollins isn't getting the type of attention he should from the fans.

Also, what is your reaction to last night's "Concrete Curbstomp"? I thought it was genius and was the most hardcore spot seen in the WWE in years and I very much enjoyed it.

I agree. I'm a massive fan of all three members of the Shield but Rollins is the best wrestler of the three and the guy I can see having classic matches in the future.

Ambrose and Rollins are building each other up. That's the beauty of this feud. If both of them were not tremendous talents it would not work. I'm probably on the opposite end of the OP with my fandom of Ambrose. I followed him from pre-FCW days. I enjoy them both but for me it's Ambrose. On the flip side, Reigns does nothing for me. I just don't get the fascination with him. He's big. Whoopdedoo! He brings nothing else to the table in my opinion.

Both of them are doing wonders in their current feud.
I like Rollins as the heel because he comes off as being natural in his smug asshole type persona. He plays it really well.

I thought the cinder block spot last night was pretty cool. It's a good way to take Ambrose off television.

Both guys have been putting on great matches with each other and I look forward to Ambrose coming back to get revenge on Rollins.

Both guys have been equal in this feud.

I've been kind of looking at it like.... Rollins has been doing his job great as a heel, and there is no need to question it. There has been no (not that i seen) complaints about his work, so why debate it? Where as there is a competition between Reigns and Ambrose as to who makes the better face. These 3 will be compared to each other for their whole careers, and thats not a bad thing.

I've been kind of looking at it like.... Rollins has been doing his job great as a heel, and there is no need to question it. There has been no (not that i seen) complaints about his work, so why debate it? Where as there is a competition between Reigns and Ambrose as to who makes the better face. These 3 will be compared to each other for their whole careers, and thats not a bad thing.

I can mostly agree with this, but to me it feels like one of those "is no news truly good news" situations. Honestly, I don't hear people talking about Rollins at all.

I can mostly agree with this, but to me it feels like one of those "is no news truly good news" situations. Honestly, I don't hear people talking about Rollins at all.

HAHA, i get what you are saying to, but these forms i would say are for debate, and if no one is questioning how he is doing, we'd all just kind of sound like drooling fanboys. Like "Rollins is so good! Did you see what he did tonight?"...."Yeah! i love him! He's my favorite! I love when he does that move!". The kid is good and will have a bright future ahead of him.

Okay, so as any of you who have read some of my prior threads know, I'm a MASSIVE Seth Rollins fan, and so I may be biased on this, but I see all of you guys talking about Reigns and Ambrose. Why isn't Seth Rollins getting the attention he deserves IMO? Ambrose and Rollins are having a magical feud, yes, but you guys act like Ambrose is God and kind of push Rollins to the wayside. But I feel like, and I've said this from the beginning, that Rollins is the best member of the three former Shield guys. This isn't a knock on Ambrose, either. I love Dean Ambrose and I've followed his career since he first began in FCW (yes, I did go do my research), but Seth Rollins is very versatile. He plays a face well due to his high-flying arsenal and his unique look, and clearly he plays a heel well as he just had a moment that may have launched him into the top 2 heels in the WWE (good luck getting past the 1 in 21-1 though). Admittedly, I thought making Rollins a heel was a terrible idea, but it's working really well, and I'm just wondering why Rollins isn't getting the type of attention he should from the fans.

Also, what is your reaction to last night's "Concrete Curbstomp"? I thought it was genius and was the most hardcore spot seen in the WWE in years and I very much enjoyed it.

Personally, I'd say that Seth Rollins post-Mania 30 has placed his one foot into established ME territory. Firstly, his run as part of Babyface Shield had fans finally noticing his immense in-ring ability and especially his high-flying style.

Obviously, Payback and RAW Post-Payback were his defining Nights in the WWE as he delivered a brilliant in-ring performance vs Evolution and then became Enemy no.1 in the WWE Universe the night after in a brilliant surprise swerve.

With the MitB briefcase in his possession, his next defining moment will be his cash-in moment, although I have seen quite a few ppsts bizarrely saying he should lose the case to Dean Ambrose, something that I think would hurt his build-up as a pure Traitorface,Scumbag Heel.

So basically, Seth has the best platform at this point to make an impact in the long-run especially with his affiliation to the Authority and the MitB in his possession.

The feud between the 2 has been awesome. Great chemistry both in the ring and to hype up the bout with promos. Rollins has really grown on me these past couple months, but I give Ambrose a slight edge because he's a bit better on the mic IMO, but Rollins isn't far behind and he's coming into his own

the concrete curb stomp I felt was a brilliant way to write out Ambrose, so with that in mind what's next for Mr. Money in the Bank?

Problem I think is Ambrose has a much more intense, unique character and draws more attention to himself. Rollins often shares camera time with kane/hhh/orton or someone else where as ambrose is nearly always alone. Also while I enjoy watching his character its nothign startling he acts self entitled and all but he dosen't have the same flare to his character ambrose. Ambrose is also as i said a little more unique, they're are other crazy guy gimmicks but none are as similar to ambroses as other self entitled backstabbing heel characters are to rollins.

Ontop of this ambrose is the antagonist of the feud, hes pushing the issue of revenge so the focus tends to be on him and his motive of ruining rollins life. Rollins on the other hand is just being mr mitb while trying to move past ambrose. The way the feud is going its being told as ambroses revenge not the chaser of rollins

They're all playing their characters very well. Ambrose just has a better, more unique character. Rollins is playing the same character that The Miz, Edge, and Ziggler played as Mr. Money in the Bank. It's generic, but it works when it's performed by a great worker like Edge. We'll see what Rollins truly has in him when he gets out from under this MitB briefcase.

Ambrose is being given more to work with right now so he's a bit more interesting.

He's underrated. It sucks he was overshadowed in The Shield. He's definitely been doing his thing on levels I couldn't imagine him doing.

I thought he would have been another high flier mid card wrestler while Ambrose and Reigns go on to be superstars. However, I was wrong. Rollins is the real deal and he got a great future ahead of him.

If they book this right, and they really have to book this right....then Rollins V Ambrose, in 2024 will be viewed the way that Austin V Rock is now viewed....

Rollins has excellent in ring skills and is a decent trash talker.
But, IMO, his music, entrance, stupid half blonde hair, and his gimmick (or lack there of) all kind of suck.
He needs to get a few years of trial and error additions / subtractions from his gimmick like HHH or Orton did. He will be great one once this is all figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back