Foley vs. The Tornado

• #3 Mick Foley

• #35 Kerry Von Erich

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#3 Mick Foley vs. #35 The Texas Tornado Kerry Von Erich

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (this is an ECW Regional match, so this match is conducted under extreme rules.)
3. Will crowd be a factor. The matches take place in Long Island, NY.

#14 The Samoan Bulldozer Umaga vs. Jerry The King Lawler

2. Will rules of a region come into play (this is an ECW Regional match, so this match is conducted under extreme rules.)

#6 Booker T vs. #26 Bruno Sammartino

#11 Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner vs. #43 Val Venis

#4 Rob Van Dam vs. #29 Mitsuhara Misawa

2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is a TNA match, all matches are in a six sided ring)
3. Will crowd be a factor. All matches take place in Detroit, MI.

#13 JBL vs. #20 Chris Sabin

2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is a TNA match, all matches are in a six sided ring)

#5 The Rock vs. #37 Tiger Mask #1

#12 Scott Hall vs. #21 Rick Martel

Hoenstly, Martel is probably more talented, and skilled. all Scott Hall really ever did was those sweet lookin punches, the fall away slam, a choke slame, the reverse suplex, and the razors edge. and fuckin sick, off the charts charisma. Martel was prolly better, But Hall is much more decorated, and has been a part of many more High profile matches/ feuds. and I was a HUGE Scott Hall mark back in the day, especially during the Razor Ramon days.

Im going to have to go with The King here, his expertise in the ring will help him plan a better strategy, of course Umaga is like animal, so a hard one to call, but I went Lawler.

Well while i'm not surprised that steiner is winning, i'm surprised its not closer. People just want to think about the val venis we see today. Scott Steiner used to be a great tag wrestler. But he was one of, if not, the most overrated singles wrestler in recent memories. Anyone remember the val venis from the late 90's early 00's. He would have buried steiner in a match. Val was a very very very good technician, who just never got the gimmick he needed to get way over the top. He ruled the Mid-Card scene for quite some time.

I guess all i'm trying to say is that Steiner shouldn't really be winning this. Val deserves a lot more love than what he is getting. Hopefully somebody agrees with me here.

neither are very good in hardcore matches, so it really wont come into play all that much.

Venis would take this easily in a decent 10 or so minute match.

Venis even recieving three votes is insanity to me. Its no suprise that not many are trying to back up the crazy notion that Venis would even have a chance here. Anyone who votes for Val here is obviously not familure with Steiners work pre-Big Poppa Pump, and in that case doesnt really have any buisness voting anyway.

Forget the Big Poppa Lump that most of you know. Back in the day, Steiner was fuckin AT LEAST 10x anything Val EVER was. Steiner used to be absolutely AMAZING. Suplexes, athleticism, a great crisp dropkick, even a fuckin hurracarana. Add that to the fact that Steiner has held many world titles, and been involved in avery large number of high profile feuds, compared to Venis's only good feud being the insiuation that his penis may or may not have been chopped off, and there is really no comparison whatsoever here. This is a jobber, being compared to a multi time world champion. and he was a world champion when he was at about 50% of his top preformance level. Steiner, easily.

While I really like Jerry Lawler, and respect all he has done in the old territories, I just dont think he would stand a chance against Umaga, who is increidible. One of the most athletic big men ever, and the best big guy of the current era, by a lot. Too much power, speed and intesity for Lawlers old school cunning and technical skill to overcome. Umaga FTW

im not sure on this bruno being the big man he is was never in a extreeme match. he was a massive champ back in the day. but so was booker today. i think if this was in rl bruno would win do to a dq cause member booker said he wuld quit if he ever was in ecw im still not sure tho

Von Erich would probably wrestle Foley all over the building. But while Mich wasn't that good a wrestler he still had plenty of other things to offer. Everyone comes out of a match with Foley looking better, that's why all the top stars had feuds with him. That's probably the reason that Y2J, Bradshaw are glorified Raw main eventers. Put them with Foley at Mania and see where they're at after.

Misawa is excellent. But he's not unique. Rov Van Dam was something special in ECW. Hells who the fans turn face are always wrestlers that need to be watched. RVD in 1996-1997 was no different that The Rock in late 1998 in that respect.

JBL is a better commentator than wrestler. He went through everybody in 2004-05 and still he was met with total apathy. Not many wrestlers can win feuds against Guerrero, Taker, Booker, Big Show & Angle and get that.

Scott Hall is known for his ladder matches with HBK, being a member of the n.W.o and being a loser. So let's break it down.

Ladder Matches: Great. But they were all about HBK.

n.W.o: All about Hogan and Nash.

Being a loser: All Hall.

Martel on the other hand probably made Jericho the worker he was in WCW.

Again with Sammartino. I really don't know how people can vote if they weren't arounf when he was. His matches don't hold up well today. Fine in the 70's but if you are new to them now and you watch tehn you won't know what the fuss is about.

I agree. No matter where he was in his career, Bradshaw bored the hell out of me. The APA are overrated, and his WWE title reign was rubbish. He was only champion for a year since "Triple H wouldn't work Tuesdays" anyway. Sabin, on the other hand, has impressed me quite a bit. Not eyes popping out my head impressed but "you'd beat JBL in a match" impressed. Certainly not better than his tag partner, he's just lucky he got this path when Shelley was so close to it but ultimately has gone to his doom in ECW.

And yeah, I'll remind you that this a six sided ring - the ultimate environment for cruiserweights such as Sabin. I'd say X Divisioner, but c'mon, they're the same thing.

If this had been in any other region I would've voted for Kerry. Kerry was a great wrestler. However this is in a region where weapons are welcomed and Foley and Funk are the two best ever in that type of match. Sorry but Foley all the way!

Jake, I understand what you are saying, but if I look at both guys in their PRIME, I give the nod to Hall JUST BARELY. Hall wasn't a full-fledged loser until the latter part of his career in WCW. I remember the Intercontinental Title Match between these two on Raw that one time as being fantastic, a great deal because of Hall's raw athleticism. Also, the Royal Rumble with Hall vs Hart in the WWF Title Match was fantastic (though oft forgotten) thanks in part to the athleticism of Hall and the little "extras" he threw into a match, like using his height to pick up an opponents ankle to sell the abdominal stretch better.

I don't file Hall under a 100% waste of talent, but he's damn close. Not in Jake Robert's league, but again, we vote for The Snake because we remember him in his prime. We owe Hall the same respect.

Sammartino, as great as he was, couldn't keep up with Booker T. Bruno wrestled in days of limited competition where wrestlers ate, drank, and drugged themselves left and right. Today, they are just pure athletes, and Booker is the prototype for the athlete. The only truly "old school" guys I can say hold up with today's athletes are Backlund and Graham - Bruno just gets overtaken by Booker's athleticism and focus.

Rob Van Dam, all the way. Van Dam is just so innovative, and interesting in the ring. He was one of the best things in the origninal ECW. I'm not too familiar with Misawa, but from what I've seen he's good, but nothing that stands out, RVD stands out. In a match, it would have to be RVD since he has home state advantage, the fans would eat up Misawa. I actually see RVD going really far in this tournament, maybe top four? Who knows.

im gonna go with rvd not just because i like him. its gonna be that he's a damn good wrestler and that no one in detroit will no mitsuhara. lol for rvd he allways gets that goo like recharge pop in a match but basically in one of his home towns in mi. shit its a no brainer rvd all the wayyyy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back