• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RAW Divas: Eye Candy or Entertainment?

I also think its funny that you think Rain is a bad wrestler, but yet you think that Candice is God's gift to womens wrestling

:lmao: So you honestly believe that girls like Kelly, Maria, and Candice aren't treated better and given more advantages than girls like Victoria, Jillian, and Beth? That is an asinine statement, look at all the extra promotional work that WWE gives to women like Kelly, Candice, and Maria. Look at the storylines that give them guaranteed air time, you can't tell me that WWE doesn't play favorites with their divas, they push the womens that they consider "pretty" and often these women have unrealistic beauty and set the standards of beauty way to high for women like Jillian, Beth, Mickie, and Victoria to compete against, thats why WWE holds them back

going back to the whole point of this thread, WWE is more interested in promoting eye candy than they are wrestling skills, if they weren't Women like Candice would still be in the mid card working her way up, while women like Maria and Kelly would never wrestle, because their wouldn't be a demand for them to.

First i don'T think that Candice is god's gift to woman's wrestling, i just think that she better then every other model type wrestler that the WWE got right now and she can be has competive has any talented woman'S wrestler on the wwe roster. Secondly, has far has wrestling is concern, yes i do believe that Candice, maria and kelly are getting the same treatment as BEth, victoria and jillian simply because there isn't any storyline made for the WWE Divas except for the playboy angle that they do every year. Most of the time is just 2 divas or more wrestling on raw just to feel up time. HAs far as extra promotional work is concern, so what, for what have seen, they pretty much get the same exposure as far as promotional work is concern. For god sake, Jillian actually release a christmas album last year so don'T tell me that woman like jillian don't get has much promotionnal work as candice. Third, yes the wwe has might be more interested in promoted eye candy then wrestling skill and it'S been like this since the wwe woman's division return in the late 1990's, if they weren't interested with promoting eye candy, am sure the a woman like Awesome kong would have gotten a job by now with the WWE but the fact is that the WWE has been promoting sex appeal since the attitude era and i don'T see it stopping any time soon. But if they didn't promote the divas has sex object, divas like Mickie James and Melina wouldn't have a job right now because the only reason they got a job with the WWE is because they are beautiful and the can market them has sex object. So even if they have made a effort to market the Divas has athletes, there is still a sex object still a sex appeal side that the explote sometime.

First i don'T think that Candice is god's gift to woman's wrestling, i just think that she better then every other model type wrestler that the WWE got right now and she can be has competive has any talented woman'S wrestler on the wwe roster.

It wouldn't have surprised me, since you think Rain is a bad wrestler, even though she's been wrestling for over a decade and models her moveset after the great Manami Toyota. And now your saying that you honestly think that Candice could go toe to toe with someone like Beth or Victoria or even Jillian, without them being limited by WWE's regulations. I'll give Candcie the props of being the best "eye candy" womens wrestler in WWE, but to say that she could match someone like Beth in a real match is just laughable

Secondly, has far has wrestling is concern, yes i do believe that Candice, maria and kelly are getting the same treatment as BEth, victoria and jillian simply because there isn't any storyline made for the WWE Divas except for the playboy angle that they do every year.

But aren't Maria, kelly, Candice... etc the women being pushed right now. Sure Beth is the champion right now, but its quite clear that WWE just plans on feeding her to Candice (which would just show how much WWE values sex appeal over in ring talent, when their willing to make a woman who was dubbed "the female Kurt Angle" on the indy circuit, job to a mediocre and overrated model whose not even in Beth's league.) Not any storylines for the untrained WWE divas? So what do you call the stuff that Maria, Michelle, and Kellly are involved in on their respected shows? Dicking around? There's plenty of storyline opportunities, but usually if the storyline is somewhat risky, WWE will just slap it on one of the talented womens instead, as not to hurt the potential public image of their eye candy.

Most of the time is just 2 divas or more wrestling on raw just to feel up time. HAs far as extra promotional work is concern, so what, for what have seen, they pretty much get the same exposure as far as promotional work is concern.

It can be give or take depending on the circumstances, but usually its the no trained wrestlers that get all the promotional work. I mean how many Magazine covers and PPV covers and promo shoots have you seen Maria, Candice, Torrie, and Ashley do? Quite a few. How many have Beth, Victoria, or even Mickie James done? Not so many

Third, yes the wwe has might be more interested in promoted eye candy then wrestling skill and it'S been like this since the wwe woman's division return in the late 1990's, if they weren't interested with promoting eye candy, am sure the a woman like Awesome kong would have gotten a job by now with the WWE but the fact is that the WWE has been promoting sex appeal since the attitude era and i don'T see it stopping any time soon.

Hmm :headscratch: .... this has been what I've been trying to argue for the last 2 posts.... you've been trying to argue against this.... why the sudden change of heart?

But if they didn't promote the divas has sex object, divas like Mickie James and Melina wouldn't have a job right now because the only reason they got a job with the WWE is because they are beautiful and the can market them has sex object.

:lmao: Oh wow, so WWE hired Mickie James and Melina for their looks, even though when you take a look at the pre WWE work of these two girls, you'll find that both these women have average good looks.

Of course it would be impossible to think that WWE hired them to balance out the influx of models they kept bringing in, because both Mickie and Melina are both talented wrestlers, the sex appeal they developed after WWE maximized their looks was just an added bonus.

So even if they have made a effort to market the Divas has athletes, there is still a sex object still a sex appeal side that the explote sometime.

WWE exploits this all the time, in fact they over exploit it.

It wouldn't have surprised me, since you think Rain is a bad wrestler, even though she's been wrestling for over a decade and models her moveset after the great Manami Toyota. And now your saying that you honestly think that Candice could go toe to toe with someone like Beth or Victoria or even Jillian, without them being limited by WWE's regulations. I'll give Candcie the props of being the best "eye candy" womens wrestler in WWE, but to say that she could match someone like Beth in a real match is just laughable

First of all i don't think Rain is a bad wrestler, inever wrote that, i wrote that base on what i saw, she'S a average wrestler at best and TNA pretty much hired her for her sex-appeal and not for her wrestling ability. Has for Candice, yes i'm sure that Candice could go toe to toe with someone like beth phoenix in a real match that'S not limited by WWE regulation. In the space of a year Candice learn so much from these talented wrestler like Beth phoenix that i'm sure she could put on a real match.

But aren't Maria, kelly, Candice... etc the women being pushed right now. Sure Beth is the champion right now, but its quite clear that WWE just plans on feeding her to Candice (which would just show how much WWE values sex appeal over in ring talent, when their willing to make a woman who was dubbed "the female Kurt Angle" on the indy circuit, job to a mediocre and overrated model whose not even in Beth's league.) Not any storylines for the untrained WWE divas? So what do you call the stuff that Maria, Michelle, and Kellly are involved in on their respected shows? Dicking around? There's plenty of storyline opportunities, but usually if the storyline is somewhat risky, WWE will just slap it on one of the talented womens instead, as not to hurt the potential public image of their eye candy.

The only reason Kelly Kelly is being push right now is because they don'T have any divas on ECW and the need something to feel time has for MAria, the only reason she push is because of playboy after wrestlemania she will be a after thought as for Candice, candice is being push because she earn that right, she work hard for 2 years now training and learning how to wrestle and she one of the most popular diva on the roster after mickie james so i think she deserve that push.

Hmm :headscratch: .... this has been what I've been trying to argue for the last 2 posts.... you've been trying to argue against this.... why the sudden change of heart? [/QUOTE]

I didn't change my mind, i just wanted to show both sides of the argument so that i could explain my point better

:lmao: Oh wow, so WWE hired Mickie James and Melina for their looks, even though when you take a look at the pre WWE work of these two girls, you'll find that both these women have average good looks.

Of course it would be impossible to think that WWE hired them to balance out the influx of models they kept bringing in, because both Mickie and Melina are both talented wrestlers, the sex appeal they developed after WWE maximized their looks was just an added bonus. [/QUOTE]

This is plain and simple, the WWE hired divas by their looks first and if they are good wrestler but that a added bonus for them even if that mean is going to give them alot more work at the end because they got to make them learn the WWE way of working and it's harder to learn that when you already know a certain way to work.

Echelon said:

While Maria is definitely in a T&A type storyline right now because of Playboy (though I do admit it's better than Ashley's storyline last year), I disagree with the other divas that you stated are also in the same type of storylines. Michelle and Kelly have been wrestling a lot more, and while of course they are called the typical "beautiful" divas, their storylines don't necessarily involve sex appeal. Candice, much like any other superstar that gets injured in the ring, will have a huge push when she returns (yay!), but that's not because of her sex appeal, and I doubt that, that is what will be focused on when she feuds with Beth.

Echelon said:
WWE exploits this all the time, in fact they over exploit it.

I'll agree with you on that, but on the other hand I also blame the fans too. Sex appeal, appeals of course to the viewer.

Flames Out
Dragon

This really annoys me, i really dont understand why WWE do this. Perhaps i could maybe understand having Smackdown... and maybe even ECW too for eye candy, but for Raw the show with the womans title too have all these rubbish wrestlers, despite being beautiful, prancing around every week.

Granted theres a few gems in there like Melina, Jilian, Phoenix, Mickie James, and Candice. But to be honest only Mickie is really outstandanding. They could easily just choose real woman wrestlers, look what TNA have done. Instead they push woman who maybe the most beautiful woman on the planet, but are a joke to watch. For the past few Wrestlemania's we've had gimmick diva matches like bra and panties... i mean come on. Perhaps having some sort of gimmick match 2 or 3 times a year, maybe at cyber sunday, but at the main event of the year its stupid.

I'd say Smackdown should have all these "diva's" instead of woman wrestlers, but thats meant to be the kid's show. Hopefully with their channel change it won't be like that. I'd like to see all the woman who can wrestle on Raw, and the others on Smackdown or ECW, perhaps using ECW to improve their skills and bring in new ones, like they are doing with the male division.

First of all i don't think Rain is a bad wrestler, inever wrote that, i wrote that base on what i saw, she'S a average wrestler at best and TNA pretty much hired her for her sex-appeal and not for her wrestling ability. Has for Candice, yes i'm sure that Candice could go toe to toe with someone like beth phoenix in a real match that'S not limited by WWE regulation. In the space of a year Candice learn so much from these talented wrestler like Beth phoenix that i'm sure she could put on a real match.

The only reason Kelly Kelly is being push right now is because they don'T have any divas on ECW and the need something to feel time has for MAria, the only reason she push is because of playboy after wrestlemania she will be a after thought as for Candice, candice is being push because she earn that right, she work hard for 2 years now training and learning how to wrestle and she one of the most popular diva on the roster after mickie james so i think she deserve that push.

Hmm :headscratch: .... this has been what I've been trying to argue for the last 2 posts.... you've been trying to argue against this.... why the sudden change of heart?

i dont mean to be rude or anything but...i hope you dont really think this, candice is not in beths league at all (next your gonna tell me that she can go toe to toe with victoria) beth has been wrestling since highschool, candice is now just really learning the basics and she's been in the wwe for how long?? and i dont believe someone would seriously think that candice can go toe to toe with probably the best pure female wrestler on the roster.

Echelon: Just making your post look a little neater, I didn't change anything of what you wrote

no question about it there is significant Diva talent on Raw, every week we are treated to some sort of womens match or another all of which tend to be good matches and keep me entertained from start to finish. the difference between the divas on Raw and the others in the WWE is theyre actually called upon to perform and deliver in legit matches instead of dance contest or bra and panties matches. while the TNA womens division is much stronger and much better the Raw divas defenitely are more than about the looks and some of them can flat out go.

While Maria is definitely in a T&A type storyline right now because of Playboy (though I do admit it's better than Ashley's storyline last year), I disagree with the other divas that you stated are also in the same type of storylines. Michelle and Kelly have been wrestling a lot more, and while of course they are called the typical "beautiful" divas, their storylines don't necessarily involve sex appeal. Candice, much like any other superstar that gets injured in the ring, will have a huge push when she returns (yay!), but that's not because of her sex appeal, and I doubt that, that is what will be focused on when she feuds with Beth.

I'll agree with you on that, but on the other hand I also blame the fans too. Sex appeal, appeals of course to the viewer.

Flames Out
Dragon

Exactly.

I think people get it wrong when they say WWE is just promoting sex. Yes, it's there but when the situation calls for it, they have them compete. Every title match, post attitude era, hasn't been taken as a joke. The build up, etc was made to look serious, yes even Melina vs. Ashley, especially considering how bad it was.

I know WWE is not promoting Candice JUST for her sex appeal. If they were doing that, she would have had the title along time ago IMO. Candice showed the will to learn and the roster was thin so she was a the right place at the right time when a new feud went on to be developed. She did what was told of her, she improved, she took the ball and ran with it, so WWE stuck with her. Had they done with Ashley what they're doing with Candice right now (like they were originally going to), then the division would be worse. I think over the years, Candice will get much better and do as Trish did (maybe not as good since the division isn't taken as seriously) but I think it'll be enough to keep the Women's division on its feet.

At least in Candice's feud with Beth so far, it's been pure wrestling and serious. Had Candice not gotten injured then I think no doubt people would think differently. Noone knows which way it was going to go but by the looks of it, it wasn't over.

I must say that I'm anxious to see where WWE goes with the division since Mickie is currently getting a push and Candice is due back at anytime.

About her promo. It was a promo for her return. No harm. Yeah it promoted T&A but the message was that she's coming back to wrestle. Most of Candice's career was known for her T&A plus she's always been the "sex-kitten" and that promotes it. I don't see nothing wrong with promoting sex, just as long as there's talent thrown in, something which is lacked but is being worked on in the division.

Has for Candice, yes i'm sure that Candice could go toe to toe with someone like beth phoenix in a real match that'S not limited by WWE regulation. In the space of a year Candice learn so much from these talented wrestler like Beth phoenix that i'm sure she could put on a real match.

Really? Candice has improved, but you place her so high up on a pedestal its amazing, you make Candice out to be some sort of wrestling Jesus of the womens division. So you actually believe that Candice could match power with Beth? or technique? Obviously you've suddenly forgotten about Beth's extensive background in amateur wrestling, which she would use on Candice in a match outside of WWE's regulations. Beth has mastered holds and submissions that Candice probably can't even pronounce correctly, you honestly think that in the 3 years that Candice has been training to be a wrestler, in the shitty little gym that she goes to, she's already mastered all the skills and technique's that Beth has spent a lifetime learning?

If thats what you think then hell, by following your logic, I'm going to start advocating that I honestly think that Brian Kendrick could match power with Batista if he wanted to.

There's a difference between Candcie being able to survive a match with Beth, not win, but just survive, and Candice being able to go move for move, punch for punch with Beth, because none of the divas in the WWE right now could legitimately match Beth's overall technique, so I don't believe for a single second that there is any way possible that Candice could have learned and mastered 15+ years of amateur wrestling background and 8+ years of pro wrestling history and background, in just the 3 years she's been training

I mean really, Candice is just getting past the basics of pro wrestling, IMO she'd be lucky to survive 5 minutes with Beth in a non WWE regulated match.

The only reason Kelly Kelly is being push right now is because they don'T have any divas on ECW

Victoria? Layla? ringing any bells?

and the need something to feel time has for MAria, the only reason she push is because of playboy after wrestlemania she will be a after thought as for Candice, candice is being push because she earn that right, she work hard for 2 years now training and learning how to wrestle and she one of the most popular diva on the roster after mickie james so i think she deserve that push.

Obviously WWE doens't think so, otherwise they would have allowed Candice's character to evolve past the generic eye candy look. Candice look and personality hasn't changed at all since she debuted, she's improved from shit to mediocre, but even if Candice continues to make vast improvements in her in ring skills, it doesn't help her, if at the end of the day, the fans still see Candcie as eye candy, and treat her like eye candy, because the WWE still sees Candice as eye candy.

This is plain and simple, the WWE hired divas by their looks first and if they are good wrestler but that a added bonus for them even if that mean is going to give them alot more work at the end because they got to make them learn the WWE way of working and it's harder to learn that when you already know a certain way to work.

No, this is how WWE hires their models, they pcik out girls that they think would look good on camera and they sign them to a deal, when WWE goes to hire a Melina or a Jillian or a Katie Lea, they take wrestling skill and promo skills into consideration before signing these girls. Using your logic, how did Jillian or Victoria ever make it to the WWE then? both these women are average looking, not exactly a turn on if your looking to impress the WWE booking agency if all their looking for is good looks.

If a womens that has been trained to wrestle is hired by WWE, it is usually fairly easy for them to adapt to WWE's style of wrestling, as the WWE's style of wrestling is nowhere near as complex as some of the other styles on the indy circuit

Ever female wrestler in WWE is eye candy. Nothing more. It's just a happy coincidence that some can wrestle. If the division was about wrestling then I'm sure WWE would have contacted some off the normal looking women who wrestle great matches on the indy circuit.

Instead pretty much every female on the WWE roster has fake tits, an athletic physique, and a pretty face. Even Beth Phoenix has dropped a lot of weight and become more muscular than she was a few years ago, I'm also pretty sure she's had breast implants too.

If women in WWE have good matches then cool. If not then who cares? WWE doesn't. If they did then they'd hire women from Japan or Shimmer. Instead of putting their title on Playbody cover girls. I'm not even bashing WWE. It works for them. Ask a casual fan who he'd want to see as champ Candice Michell with her big fake zeppelin boobs, or Amazing Kong with her big zeppelin body.

Ever female wrestler in WWE is eye candy. Nothing more. It's just a happy coincidence that some can wrestle. If the division was about wrestling then I'm sure WWE would have contacted some off the normal looking women who wrestle great matches on the indy circuit.

Instead pretty much every female on the WWE roster has fake tits, an athletic physique, and a pretty face. Even Beth Phoenix has dropped a lot of weight and become more muscular than she was a few years ago, I'm also pretty sure she's had breast implants too.

If women in WWE have good matches then cool. If not then who cares? WWE doesn't. If they did then they'd hire women from Japan or Shimmer. Instead of putting their title on Playbody cover girls. I'm not even bashing WWE. It works for them. Ask a casual fan who he'd want to see as champ Candice Michell with her big fake zeppelin boobs, or Amazing Kong with her big zeppelin body.

I completly agree with this and that's what i being saying since the very beginning, the WWE hired woman's based on looks and if they can wrestles it'S a welcome bonus. Just look at Victoria, before being hired as a WWE divas she was brought in as one of the Godfather's ho's so if they didn'T hired her based on her looks i would be very surprise, Melina even if she doesn't have a beautiful face is one of the sexiest divas in the Wwe, Jillian has been is a very beautiful woman. But even if they hired based on looks, i still really think that lately, the wwe is trying to focused more on the athletic side of the divas. I just realise that it's been a long time since any divas related product has been release by the WWE. I don'T remember when was the last time a DVD or Magazine that was basicly made about the divas has been release. So am going to give them props for at least trying to show another side of the divas even if they hired based on looks first.

I think it varies, person to person. Beth Phoenix and Victoria can really wrestle. On the other hand I think the Diva's like Maria who can't really take bumps are just eye-candy.

Y 2 Jake said:

While I think sex appeal takes precedent over talent in the WWE, I don't think that it's the sole point of the Women's Division. If it was than none of the divas that enter the WWE for their looks would improve.

Y 2 Jake said:

The divas have to have an athletic physique seeing as their mostly athletes. As for breast implants, Lita actually explained why so many female wrestlers in the WWE tend to get them. It has something to with how breast size can reduce drastically for women who work out a lot on a consistent basis (which is what female wrestlers tend to do in and out of the WWE). So they get implants to balance that out. Now, I'm sure there are also divas that have gotten implants for the T&A aspect of it, but it's not the only reason.

Y 2 Jake said:

They didn't put the title on Candice Michelle just because she has "big zeppelin" boobs, it's because she had improved a lot over her time in the WWE. That says to me that the WWE puts value in looks AND talent, and that the divas can and are protrayed as both talented and beautiful.

Flames Out
Dragon

The only divas in my opinion that can kick butt are Mickie James, Michele McCool and Victoria. The other divas are improving but they shouldnt give them a push when they dont deserve it and they need more time to train and get there stuff together. I hate that when any diva poses for a magazine or does something else of that nature they get put into matches for the womens title like candice. Candice being champion was totally dumb cuz she couldnt wrestle at all and i hope that she doesnt get it back anytime soon.

While I think sex appeal takes precedent over talent in the WWE, I don't think that it's the sole point of the Women's Division. If it was than none of the divas that enter the WWE for their looks would improve.

If they don't improve then they don't have jobs for long. Women have a limited shelf life as it is. But without any wrestling ability, or charisma then they aren't going to last long. Thye need to develope something so they stand out. Because let's face it, most of them look very similar as it is.

The divas have to have an athletic physique seeing as their mostly athletes. As for breast implants, Lita actually explained why so many female wrestlers in the WWE tend to get them. It has something to with how breast size can reduce drastically for women who work out a lot on a consistent basis (which is what female wrestlers tend to do in and out of the WWE). So they get implants to balance that out. Now, I'm sure there are also divas that have gotten implants for the T&A aspect of it, but it's not the only reason.

Jillian Hall didn't get put on the main roster until she'd had her 2nd or third boob job.

FACT.

While women can get bitch tits when they work out. A lot of them get implants because they know it'll get them noticed more. It's a fact.

But then again it's also debatable weather they would be accepted as wrestlers in WWE if the didn't have huge tits. Fans of the WWE women's division are so accustomed to seeing women with ridiculously large breasts that it's debatable weather they would be accepted.

This is just a notion. And I might be wrong. But could the reason be that Nikita is involved in the incest storyline is because she has small breasts? She isn't going to stand out any other way, so they put her in a strange storyline. She doesn't have the same sort of face as the rest of the Diva's either. She's pretty and natural looking. Even you can't say that most of the females in WWE look natural, even facially.

They didn't put the title on Candice Michelle just because she has "big zeppelin" boobs, it's because she had improved a lot over her time in the WWE. That says to me that the WWE puts value in looks AND talent, and that the divas can and are protrayed as both talented and beautiful.

She improved. But she was still shit. Inmproved a lot? Yup. Without a doubt. She improved a lot quicker than Trish Stratus ever did. But she is still poor. But she certainly has potential. If she continues to improve at that rate then she will definitely go as far as Trish and Lita.

Flames Out
Dragon

Aren't you lovely?

I think WWE doesn't really care for it's women's division other then stupid storylines like Maria/Playboy. I mean what is the women's title feud right now? O wait they don't have one. Candice came back so that means it will most likely be her vs. Beth at WrestleMania but I think Mickie James could be thrown in there. Candice is the least talented of the three so you could possibly have Mickie-Beth basically fight each other in the title match and Candice get a few moves off. The women's division is weaker then it was 8-9 years ago. WWE just doesn't care for it.

Overwhelmingly eye-candy for the most part, and its not just the WWE's fault, nor is it the fans. Its a combination of factors.

To be pure entertainment on the level of the male wrestlers, they need to have women that can wrestle at the same caliber. When you have nearly every DIVA using the exact same moves (hair pull and flip, bulldog, jumping clotheslines that look like they can't possibly hurt in the slightest bit, over-acting on their punches) then no wonder everyone scoffs at them and focuses on their attribute that doesn't require talent - appearance. Most of the women in the WWE are very sexy, but very few of them know how to put on a good match that last more than 2 minutes. The few that can do such a thing (Mickie, Melina, Beth, and Victoria) can actually entertain, but if you only had the same 4 people against each other time and time again, nobody would bother at all, so they add in all the models and such. Maria is very cute, but a horrible wrestler. Ashley's a piece of ass, but she sucks. Kelly can't go 3 moves without botching something, but she's incredibly hot. Some, like Layla and Michelle, are decent, but not good enough to wow an audience.

To say the WWE doesn't have a women's division is to blow it out of proportion, but to say the WWE has a stable women's division that goes outside the boundaries of "9/10 girls should just be a valet", then yeah, that's a fair statement. And the argument always comes up that TNA has a better women's division, but they're lacking in attractive women, so its a shame that TNA's women don't transfer over to WWE and even the ranks up a little. If we had all the attractive women as well as all the ones with some talent, then the women's division would mean more than "ugh, we might as well give them one before some activists start complaining".

I personally have watched a few (note, a FEW) women's division matches that were really good, and the women are attractive, but I don't watch WWE if I'm looking for porn lol. At the same time, I don't want to see a bunch of fugly transvestite looking women beating up on each other. There needs to be a healthy balance. As it stands right now, I don't mind having a quick 3 minute match on Raw once a week, but I also love it when they don't bother having a women's title defense on a ppv as it opens them up for more important and entertaining things.

The thing is that when most people are watching the diva's matches, they are not watching it to see a great wrestling match, because the fact is they cant deliever a match at the level of the guys. So if you want to considerer them eye candy, that is fine. Diva's like Beth may try to break that stereotype, but basically all of the other diva's are not great wrestlers, excluding Mickie James, but are greak lookers. You just have to accept that Trish Stratus and Lita are gone and the diva's division will never be as good again. That said i think they still deserve a spot on the show and can be enteratining to watch in a match once a show.

i'd rather see a decent match than some cheap gimmick match. i mean there are a few hot women there, but there are far better looking girls out there that can actually wrestle.

however given that wwe would rather have playboy models than athletes, it's not going to be more than eye candy until that attitude changes. i mean as always it's going to be a gimmick match at WM so we most likely wont see a title match.

as far as competition goes...it's fair to say that TNA are pushing wrestling in women more than T&A. thing is that for the most part, they are using some rather good looking girls.

This is proof that the WWE views the divas as eye candy. What possible connection to playboy do melina and beth have? It's two playboy girls against two legit wrestlers. Beth and melina can wrestle as well as anyone in the company, but they'll be jobbed out like the real wrestlers are every year. This is what makes me so tired about wwe.

This is proof that the WWE views the divas as eye candy. What possible connection to playboy do melina and beth have? It's two playboy girls against two legit wrestlers. Beth and melina can wrestle as well as anyone in the company, but they'll be jobbed out like the real wrestlers are every year. This is what makes me so tired about wwe.

Has you ever watch wrestlemania since they started promoting Playboy magazine. If you look at the records of playboy cover girls at wrestlemania, they only won one match at wrestlemania and that's bra & Panties tag team match with torrie and Sable. Since then all the cover girls lost their match at wrestlemania. Having said that, I'm sure That Candice and maria will win this year simply because they need to build momentum for Candice since she will continued her feud with Beth.

but why on the biggest event of the year should we be subjected to watching cheap gimmicks to keep teenage boys happy in the hope they get to see candice pop out?

melina and beth phoenix have no reason to lose and to be honest...how does it make your 'dominant champion' look if they are losing gimmick matches to girls who cant wrestle but are there to look good.

You know, I really dont mind maria, or candice, or kelly, or any hot diva, because frankly, I would rather watch them in the ring then someone ugly, take ODB for example. That being said I don't know why wwe doesn't get some new divas that can actually wrestle and look pretty. I mean looking at TNA, they got velvet sky, angel williams, roxxi laveau, gail kim is fairly decent, and if they actually could find another awesome kong like character then theyll get a freak. Im sure wwe can find some pretty faces who can wrestle if they want, but until that time does come im fine watching maria in the ring, in a playboy bunny match.

i think some divas can be great in ring wrestlers but some (mainly trish) are just good to look at.
although we can no more watch the wonderful trish strut her stuff in the ring.
no more can we see her wonderful hest and tight backside......oh well

You know, I really dont mind maria, or candice, or kelly, or any hot diva, because frankly, I would rather watch them in the ring then someone ugly, take ODB for example. That being said I don't know why wwe doesn't get some new divas that can actually wrestle and look pretty. I mean looking at TNA, they got velvet sky, angel williams, roxxi laveau, gail kim is fairly decent, and if they actually could find another awesome kong like character then theyll get a freak. Im sure wwe can find some pretty faces who can wrestle if they want, but until that time does come im fine watching maria in the ring, in a playboy bunny match.

Its fans with ideas like this which hold back womens wrestling in the west!

If im honest i cant remember the last time i actually watched a Divas match all the way till the end of the match, they just tend to look very sloppy and just never draw me into their matches (mainly because im not just after 'pretty' women). Yet when it comes to the the Knockouts i will always watch because they have the best womens wrestlers on english speaking TV, and the stories so far have also been very good.

The fact that you said you would rather watch some s**t like Maria over "someone ugly like ODB" says a lot about not only you but your priorities with wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back