Random Wrestling Thought Of The Day

Finn was shit in NXT too. The nicest thing I can say about him is that he had two good matches with Samoa Joe out of what felt like a dozen they had together.

Still a great entrance though.

Balor was great in NXT. Honestly you can't name a bad match. Neville, Nakamura, all with Joe, etc.

No connection? Do the audience stay silent during his match?

WWE crowds have a formula of reacting. If you actually watch they are pretty much silent for 3/4ths of the match unless a big move happens. Every match goes through the same pattern and fans recognize it, so why get involved until the near falls start? So, Balor's crowd reactions during matches are the same as anyone else, highlighting his lack of individuality and overall blandness, which has been repeatedly stated as a problem.

Balor was great in NXT. Honestly you can't name a bad match. Neville, Nakamura, all with Joe, etc.

You've missed the point, again. Balor can do all the flips in the world, he's still a boring character with no depth to his personality.

What is Finn Balor about? I have no clue. I couldn't tell you a single thing about the personality of the character because we've never got one.

You've missed the point, again. Balor can do all the flips in the world, he's still a boring character with no depth to his personality.

What is Finn Balor about? I have no clue. I couldn't tell you a single thing about the personality of the character because we've never got one.

They said Finn was "shit" in NXT. You can't be if you have as many great matches as he did.

I'm not sure what else to say. I love Balor, and you all hate him. We'll agree to disagree.

They said Finn was "shit" in NXT. You can't be if you have as many great matches as he did.

I'm not sure what else to say. I love Balor, and you all hate him. We'll agree to disagree.

Finn can have a good match. That's like third on the rung of what is important overall.

He's shit on everything else. Once again, tell me something about Finn Balor the character? What is his personality, what does he stand for, why is he fighting in this crazy world of WWE? I'll take anything at this point so long as you can show me on WWE where that was explained. It's no there, he's bland as any wrestler I've ever seen. He has no personality other than the demon and so basic it's not even interesting anymore.

Roman Reigns might not be a favourite but I can list several aspects of his character, I know why he is doing what he does, I know who the character is and what his goals are. I cannot say the same for Finn Balor which brings into question, why the hell should I care about Balor?

He was handed NXT's best talent under the best circumstances possible and produced two decent matches so, uh, congratulation, I guess.

Reigns is indeed light years ahead of him.
So, among all the matches against Tyler Breeze, Neville, Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura; only two were decent? Nice. I completely disagree then.

Do tell me how someone will look good while getting squashed by Kane of all people in 2017 of all years.

Getting squashed by Kane is the end result.

The cause is Balor not connecting with the audience since he has no personality and has no depth to his character. You're proving our point more than defending your own.

So in other words:

As usual, someone who was a big deal in NXT doesn't get over on the main roster. Now why is that the case? My guess is something to do with the main roster needing to "fix" them and deciding that wins/losses don't matter, which hasn't been the case and never will be.

So in other words:

As usual, someone who was a big deal in NXT doesn't get over on the main roster. Now why is that the case? My guess is something to do with the main roster needing to "fix" them and deciding that wins/losses don't matter, which hasn't been the case and never will be.

I'd agree, if he came up from NXT after Mania this year.

He didn't. He came up last year and they put a rocket on him, Balor beat Reigns and Rollins, he was World Champion. You cannot make the argument about WWE messing with Balor because they didn't, they hyped the Demon character up, they fed the two biggest stars they had to Finn Balor and gave him the title.

He was different and then he got hurt. We waited, he returned but the legend had been built so much that when he came back everyone saw that there isn't really anything all that interesting about him. The myth of Finn Balor grew so much that he has failed to reach that expectation, and that's his fault. He has no depth to his character, KB.

What are his motives? What are his goals? Why should I support him? I cannot answer those questions and nobody has been able to do so since I've asked three times.

I'd agree, if he came up from NXT after Mania this year.

He didn't. He came up last year and they put a rocket on him, Balor beat Reigns and Rollins, he was World Champion. You cannot make the argument about WWE messing with Balor because they didn't, they hyped the Demon character up, they fed the two biggest stars they had to Finn Balor and gave him the title.

And that's where Balor was dead in the water.

Down in NXT, you didn't have to be told the Demon was coming because you knew that was what Balor would do in a big match. In WWE, it's all about the buzzwords and repeating things as often as you can and probably trying to get something trending.

In other words, treat the fans like simpletons who have to have everything spelled out for them. When Cole starts hyping it up to no end, it stops being cool. If Austin was around today, he'd be called the rebel or something stupid like that with a hashtag next to his name and it would be the same situation.

And getting beaten down by Kane is a death sentence and has been for the last fifteen years. See also Zack Ryder, who went from a sensation to looking like the biggest loser on the planet because he was running scared of Kane.

He was different and then he got hurt. We waited, he returned but the legend had been built so much that when he came back everyone saw that there isn't really anything all that interesting about him. The myth of Finn Balor grew so much that he has failed to reach that expectation, and that's his fault. He has no depth to his character, KB.

What are his motives? What are his goals? Why should I support him? I cannot answer those questions and nobody has been able to do so since I've asked three times.

Well what was the goal when he was in NXT? To win titles? What did we know about him down there? Probably less than we know now, but now it's not working. That's the case with a lot of people in WWE. Very few people are given a chance to show their personalities because very few are supposed to have them anymore, which is a completely different problem all around.

For me, it's not so much his personality but rather that he has nothing to do. Since he's been back, his feuds have been as follows:

Try to get the title back (loses in a #1 contenders match).

Whatever Bray vs. Balor was, though I know it contained the Demon because Cole talked about it over and over and over and over and over. Also remember that the feud started with Balor losing to Wyatt clean on Raw and then "Ladies and gentlemen, we can now confirm to you that THE DEMON will be at Summerslam!" Also, didn't have the blowoff match and we're just moving on for reasons (not a bad thing probably).

Now he's losing to and getting beaten down by Kane (because KANE needs to be built up to be fed to Braun Strowman).

They pushed him hard at first and that went well, but since he's been back from the injury he seems like the latest case of Vince losing interest in his new toy.

So, among all the matches against Tyler Breeze, Neville, Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura; only two were decent? Nice. I completely disagree then.

All of those matches were almost totally forgettable. That is what puts them on the 'decent, but ultimately largely dull' category.

Not one of them has anything that really sticks in my mind beyond a Demon entrance and when Joe beat the Demon.

Perhaps the only things that stick in my mind about Balor in NXT are his debut and his live show segments with Bayley when *shock horror* he actually got to show a bit of personality.

It says a lot when Finn hopping around on crutches, being a hugger, stealing Bayley's entrance and attire is more stand out than his actual character.

Барбоса;5769757 said:
All of those matches were almost totally forgettable. That is what puts them on the 'decent, but ultimately largely dull' category.

Not one of them has anything that really sticks in my mind beyond a Demon entrance and when Joe beat the Demon.

Perhaps the only things that stick in my mind about Balor in NXT are his debut and his live show segments with Bayley when *shock horror* he actually got to show a bit of personality.

It says a lot when Finn hopping around on crutches, being a hugger, stealing Bayley's entrance and attire is more stand out than his actual character.
Oh. Then I can agree to disagree. Because I still remember those matches. Not forgettable for me. And neither is Bálor s*it for me. His promos aren't Rock's or Cena's level. But they aren't bad by any measure. And neither are his matches.

And I still believe that it's his booking that sucks. Not him. If you're a former Universal Champion, you don't get squashed by Kane in 2017.

I'm still holding out hope for one last Hulk Hogan match, I know he'll be terrible but he's my all time favorite. Whatcha gonna do brother, when an old man trips going down the ramp and ruins his big Wrestlemania return by breaking his hip!

I'm still holding out hope for one last Hulk Hogan match, I know he'll be terrible but he's my all time favorite. Whatcha gonna do brother, when an old man trips going down the ramp and ruins his big Wrestlemania return by breaking his hip!
Or actually goes to Silver Dome instead of Super Dome. Something Noah Ryder did.

I shouldn't have to go back and watch another show to get the gist of one wrestler. That's like saying Dragon Ball explained Goku's character so there's no reason to develop him any further in Dragon Ball Z. Guess fuck fans that don't watch the lesser known show, right?

Throughout their career, Jeff Hardy has been considered the more charismatic Hardy. Is it because he has flashier moves? His more colorful attire? His willingness to jump off of tall things? I'd say he's the more likeable brother due to his Shane McMahonliness, but being liked isn't the same as being charismatic. Far as I remember, he has only been one kind of character successfully in the WWE, and that's the daredevil. His mic work isn't memorable and his accent sticks out pretty badly. Matt isn't the greatest speaker either, but he's evolved as a character even way back in like 2003 when he had the Version 1.0 and the Matt Facts.

Guess what I'm saying is I've always found Matt to be the more charismatic of the two. Commence to stoning?

I shouldn't have to go back and watch another show to get the gist of one wrestler. That's like saying Dragon Ball explained Goku's character so there's no reason to develop him any further in Dragon Ball Z. Guess fuck fans that don't watch the lesser known show, right?

Throughout their career, Jeff Hardy has been considered the more charismatic Hardy. Is it because he has flashier moves? His more colorful attire? His willingness to jump off of tall things? I'd say he's the more likeable brother due to his Shane McMahonliness, but being liked isn't the same as being charismatic. Far as I remember, he has only been one kind of character successfully in the WWE, and that's the daredevil. His mic work isn't memorable and his accent sticks out pretty badly. Matt isn't the greatest speaker either, but he's evolved as a character even way back in like 2003 when he had the Version 1.0 and the Matt Facts.

Guess what I'm saying is I've always found Matt to be the more charismatic of the two. Commence to stoning?

I always liked Matt better. He didn’t do the flips and wasn’t as flashy, and I liked his more low key demeanor compared to Jeff.

Charismatic Enigma is a good nickname for Jeff, because it’s a mystery as to what charisma he actually has.

What are Roman Reigns' motives? What are his goals? Why should I support him?

Balor has just as much character as Reigns and most other wrestlers in WWE. It's a problem with the entire company, not just Balor.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Ok, but first I need to see a men's division, with a title and a women's division, with a title.

Then make the world championship open for everyone.

Make a pyramid.

Level 1: Midcard for men and women. US Championship and Divas Championship.
Level 2: Main event for men and women. Intercontinental Championship and Women's Championship.
Level 3: The best of the WWE. WWE Championship.

Also add men's and women's tag titles as seperate entities.

Then, I'd like that. I'd like it a lot. Charlotte is awesome. She's really one of a kind.

Барбоса;5769867 said:
Romans Reigns gave us more motive for his actions in five words the night after Wrestlemania than Balor has since he returned.

Balor wants the Universal Title back. That was shifted to the Bray feud, which made him want to show that the Demon was more powerful than Bray and Sister Abigail. Not great motivation, but still motivation.

Jeff has IT.

Thats the best I can put it.

Matt worked hard and got a personality, something Jeff doesn't have.

I'd take Charlotte Vs Brock over Balor/Brock.

What are Roman Reigns' motives? What are his goals? Why should I support him?

Balor has just as much character as Reigns and most other wrestlers in WWE. It's a problem with the entire company, not just Balor.

I love how you still can't answer the question.

You're looking really silly right now. Reigns is one of the few who you can't make that statement about which is exactly why I picked him.

Reigns wants to be the big dog in the yard.
Reigns wants to continue his families legacy in professional wrestling
Reigns wants to be the next face of the company (and already sees himself in that position as seen with his feud with John Cena).

I could keep going but you get the point. Nice try. Feel free to try again if you wish. I suggest you don't. You've proven to be unable to answer a simple question four times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back