Underrated Wrestler of the Day

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
Welcome on and all alike to Sign Guy's Underrated Wrestler of the Day thread. With all the threads lately, from memorials for bad gimmicks and fueds, I figured it was time that a daily series was dedicated to the underrated wrestlers of the business. This is a thread for all the wrestlers who are great talents, and bust their butts in and out of the ring, yet don't get the respect, recognition, and sometimes, the pushes that they deserve. This is one from the underappreciated wrestlers, past and present, who deserve to be noticed, who deserve to be praised, who deserve more than what they get in the business and from the fans. This is for you wrestlers that deserve this, and if you are accepted into the annals of this thread, you can at least know that someone cares, that someone appreciates you, and that you are being recognized, at least by one person. So good job guys. So with out further to do, let us get to today's Underrated Wrestler.

Pitbulls. How to describe them. They are tough. They are mean. They fight, they bite, they brawl. They usually don't like anybody. They are nasty little things. So I would have to say that the man who will be my first Underrated Wrestler of the Day certainly fit the moniker once bestowed upon him, which was a Pitbull. He was one half of a tag team named The Pitbulls, actually. The man I am talking about is:

Jamie Noble

Jamie_Noble.jpg

So, to start off, I say we should provide a little background on the man. Jamie Noble, real name James Gibson, started wrestling in 1995, after being trained by Dean Malenko. His first national exposure didn't come until 2000, where he signed with WCW and joined Leia Meow's Jung Dragons as Jamie-San, teaming with Kaz Hayashi and Jimmy Yang. They fueded with 3 Count, but Noble eventually unmasked, started going by the name he uses today, and teamed with former 3 Count member Evan Karagias. But we all know what happened in 2001, and Noble was no longer in the national spotlight. He eventually signed with the WWE, makinbg his debut attacking Hurrican Helms, becoming a heel and joining Nidia in a trailer park trash gimmick. He won the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. He and Nidia turned face after a time. In storyline, Nidia was at one point blinded by Tajiri's black mist. Noble then began using her to protect himself while she was blind. When Nidia regained her vision, she left Noble, and they started in a fued that culminated at No Way Out 2004 in a match where Noble faced off against Nidia, but had to wear a blindfold so he would know what it feels like to be blind. Later that year, in September, Noble left the WWE after a staph infection and the subsequent revelation of his steroid use. He went on to the independent circuit, working many places, even winning the Ring of Honor World Title and holdng it for slightly over a month. He returned to the WWE in December 2005, teaming with Kid Kash as "The Pit Bulls", witht eh gimmick of acting like pitbulls. After Kash's release, Noble spent a good amount of time jobbing to stars and competeing in the cruiserweight division, yet usually jobbing their, even being pinned by Hornswoggle for the title at one point, then beginning a fued with Hornswoggle, being embarrased repeatedly. He has spent the past two years since then on RAW, mostly jobbing, but also at one point fueding with William Regal over Layla El, ending up being on the losing end oif the fued.

Now, to get an idea of what he has achieved in the business, here is a list of his accomplishments:

Independent Professional Wrestling Light heavyweight Champion
WWE Cruiserweight Champion
Heartland Wrestling Association Cruiserweight Champion
CCW Cruiserweight Champion
ROH World Champion
PWI's 42 out of the top 500 wrestlers in 2002

Now, here is the portion where I will tell you all why the man is so good, and why he is underrated. This guy may not be a big draw, but it has been shown he was able to draw as at least a Cruiserweight Champion with the right gimmick. So it can be said that he can draw somewhat. And his wrestling can draw in fans, as he made it as ROH World Champ, albeit only for a little over a month, and ROH is a wrestling-based organization. He is pretty good on the mic, and he has entertained me many times bfore, and he is also pretty funny. And when it comes to in-ring ability, the man is very good. He is a cruiserweight, and an extremely good one at that. Not only is he a cruiserweight that can fly, but he is also very good with technical mat wrestling, and was trained by one of the better technical men, Dean Malenko. And I must not be the only one who thinks this man is good, as he was voted 42nd out of the top 500 wrestlers in 2002 by PWI magazine. So here we see this man is a very solid, pretty good wrestler, yet he has only held one major title (two if you count ROH Title) and has been put in terrible situations, storylines, and matches (Hornswoggle, Nidia?) and he never seems to get respect from anyone. He is, as said before, a solid wrestler, but has been treated like a joke by creative and fans alike. This man is severely underrated, and it's time he recieved some recognition.

Well that concludes it for today's Underrated Wrestler, I hope you join us again tomorrow for another Underrated Superstar of the Day. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it, and I look forward to any feedback any of you may have.

hey man, I know how you feel. Jamie Noble is great, and doesn't get any recognition. It's sad to know that he jobbed to hornswoggle in my city, at my arena. UPSETTING. haha, I think they should keep him on ECW, and give him a push there, the only chance he has.

I first became a fan of Noble during the Torrie Wilson storyline he did with Billy Gunn. Before then, I knew he was a good spot guy in the ring with his stint in Jung Dragons and his cruiserweight work in WWE, but his personality with Lida and what not never got over with me. I thought it was just stupid. But even though you can claim the storyline with Torrie Wilson was just as stupid, I still thought it was funny as hell. I don't know why, but Jamie was awesome during that stint and made me a fan. And then soon after that when he turned on Nidia, that just kept me a fan because that was also just some great, entertaining shit. In fact, their Blindfold match was awesome. :lmao:

But it wasn't until I saw his absolutely SPECTACULAR match against Spanky at ROH's 3rd Anniversary Show (Part 2, I believe) where I became a die hard fan of the guy. That match was just superb. And during his ROH run, Jamie Noble (as James Gibson) would continue to have superb match after superb match. He impressed the ever living fuck out of me during his tenure in ROH. I mean, I knew he could do spots, but I had no idea he had the fucking technical skills of Dean Malenko, that his selling was fantastic, and that he just flat out knew how to work a professional wrestling match. He knew how to get the people in involved. He knew psychology in the ring. The man is just an all around fantastic professional wrestler and you couldn't have picked someone better to start your series off with than Jamie Noble, Sign Guy.

Since he left ROH and started his second run in WWE, he has been HEAVILY underused, thus making him underrated. And the sad thing is, every time WWE has given this man some air time, he made the absolute best of it and always put on an entertaining show. With such little to work with, he could still make the fans laugh, love him, or hate him. If Noble was a few inches taller... he'd be WWE Champion. That's a fact. The guy has everything there is to have, except of course for size, and that's truly unfortunate.

I first became a fan of Noble during the Torrie Wilson storyline he did with Billy Gunn. Before then, I knew he was a good spot guy in the ring with his stint in Jung Dragons and his cruiserweight work in WWE, but his personality with Lida and what not never got over with me. I thought it was just stupid. But even though you can claim the storyline with Torrie Wilson was just as stupid, I still thought it was funny as hell. I don't know why, but Jamie was awesome during that stint and made me a fan. And then soon after that when he turned on Nidia, that just kept me a fan because that was also just some great, entertaining shit. In fact, their Blindfold match was awesome. :lmao:

But it wasn't until I saw his absolutely SPECTACULAR match against Spanky at ROH's 3rd Anniversary Show (Part 2, I believe) where I became a die hard fan of the guy. That match was just superb. And during his ROH run, Jamie Noble (as James Gibson) would continue to have superb match after superb match. He impressed the ever living fuck out of me during his tenure in ROH. I mean, I knew he could do spots, but I had no idea he had the fucking technical skills of Dean Malenko, that his selling was fantastic, and that he just flat out knew how to work a professional wrestling match. He knew how to get the people in involved. He knew psychology in the ring. The man is just an all around fantastic professional wrestler and you couldn't have picked someone better to start your series off with than Jamie Noble, Sign Guy.

Since he left ROH and started his second run in WWE, he has been HEAVILY underused, thus making him underrated. And the sad thing is, every time WWE has given this man some air time, he made the absolute best of it and always put on an entertaining show. With such little to work with, he could still make the fans laugh, love him, or hate him. If Noble was a few inches taller... he'd be WWE Champion. That's a fact. The guy has everything there is to have, except of course for size, and that's truly unfortunate.

I never saw the match you were talking about here, but you make me want to go out and find it. Anyway, yes Noble is very underused. He does go out on TV and put on a godd show, but WWE Creative can't find something good for him to do, I'm guessing, they just stick him in there jobbing to the likes of Hornswoggle. I mean, he seriously doesn't get enough credibility from the WWE. And he doesn't get enough credibility from most fans either, you never see much mention of him on forums like this yet he is a very solid superstar with the ability to work awesome matches, with a funny, entertaining personality to boot. He is so underrated, it is sad. And I agree with you on just about every point, jmt.

Welcome on and all alike to Sign Guy's Underrated Wrestler of the Day thread. With all the threads lately, from memorials for bad gimmicks and fueds, I figured it was time that a daily series was dedicated to the underrated wrestlers of the business. This is a thread for all the wrestlers who are great talents, and bust their butts in and out of the ring, yet don't get the respect, recognition, and sometimes, the pushes that they deserve. This is one from the underappreciated wrestlers, past and present, who deserve to be noticed, who deserve to be praised, who deserve more than what they get in the business and from the fans. This is for you wrestlers that deserve this, and if you are accepted into the annals of this thread, you can at least know that someone cares, that someone appreciates you, and that you are being recognized, at least by one person. So good job guys. So with out further to do, let us get to today's Underrated Wrestler.

To start off today, I would like to talk about families in wrestling. Wrestling is a sport where famalies leave legacys, and and many times a last name is known for the greatness of more than one person. Families in wrestling sometimes are as simple as siblings or parent/child duos, or can sometimes include extended families. You've had many great families over the history of professional wrestling, icluding the The Ortons, The Harts, The Rhodes, The Guererros, The Hardys, and The McMahons, plus many more I just aren't thinking of off the top of my head. But, yes, there are many great professional wrestling families. Today's underrated wrestler comes from one of those families, although they aren't as big or great as some. He is a simple part of a father-son duo, yet his father was very famous. Best known for The Faboulus Freebirds, and "Badstreet U.S.A.", Terry Gordy was a great of the business. Sadly, he passed away in 2001, froma heart attack. But he did leave a legacy, a young man to carry the Gordy name in the wrestling business. He is today's underrated wrestler of the day. For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, the man I am talking about is:

Jesse

Raygordy

So, first, let me provide a little background on the man. Jesse, who's real name is Ray Gordy, is, as mentioned before, the son of Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy, who was a member of The Faboulus Freebirds. He was trained by his father, and Pro Wrestling Noah, and made his professional wrestling debut in 2000. He worked for various promotions, including NWA Wildside and the North American Wrestling Association (NAWA), having decent success and winning several titles. In 2001, Gordy decide on a going to Japan to further his skill, wrestling for and being trained by Pro Wrestling NOAH for about a year, before returning to the United States and NAWA. There he formed a short-lived stable known as The New Varsity Club, before, in 2004, honoring his father's legacy by forming a team known as the Extreme Freebirds. During this time he faced off against former New Varsity Club teammates, and also wrestled against established stars such as A.J. Styles. In August 2005, Gordy signed a developmental contract with the WWE, soon debuting in Deep South Wrestling as Ray geezy, under a rapping "wigger" gimmick. He teamed with Damien Steele during this time. In November of 2006, he dropped his gimmick and changed his name to Cousin Ray, working Smackdown house shows with Henry Godwinn as a new version of the Godwinns. Starting in May 2007, vingettes began airing of Gordy and fellow developmental wrestler Festus in a tag team, and in October, the team made their official televised in-ring debut. They competed under the hillbilly-esque gimmick, and fueded on-and-off with The Miz and John Morrison over 2008. The 2009 Supplemental Draft seperated the team, with Jesse staying on Smackdown and Festus moving to RAW. He has since re-debuted the wigger gimmick he had is DSW. He now appears to go under the moniker of Slam Master J.

Now, let's see what this young man has accomplished in his 9-year wrestling career.

NAWA Heavyweight Championship
NAWA Junior Heavyweight Championship
NWA Wildside Heavyweight Championship
NWA Wildside Junior Heaveyweight Championship

So, here we go. I'm sure that many of you will agree with me that ray Gordy is a solid young cruiserweight wrestler, as shown by his Junior Heaveywei8ght accomplishments in independent wrestling. The man has very solid ring skills, and entertains me very well in the ring. He seems toi be decent on the mic, and I have seen no problem with the guy of yet on the microphone sides of thing. He seemed to be able to draw decently in indy feds, so there should be no problem having him draw well, with a decent gimmick or just as a good wrestler, in a mid-card title picture. But yet, since debuting on television, he is yet to get a singles push which he deserves. Heck, he didn't even get a solid tag team title push with Festus, they never even got a title run, even a short one. And as it seems now, with the Slam Master J gimmick, they don't intend on taking him very seriously as a singles wrestler, and as it seems to me they'll most likely push a gimmick like this as a joke, a comedy man. So I'm sure that we can all agree that Ray Gordy is a fine young wrestler, yet can't get a decent push. He seems destined to be another buried or comedy act cruiserweight, when they could pull off something good with him, heck even a new version of the Faboulus Freebirds. Ray "Jesse" Gordy is another wrestler who is way underrated and deserves some praise.

Well that concludes it for today's Underrated Wrestler, I hope you join us again tomorrow for another Underrated Wrestler of the Day. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it, and I look forward to any feedback any of you may have.

I agree Jesse is underrated but part of the problem is the fact that until now, the WWE had been using him in the wrong way. He was nothing but a jobber back in 2008 and we have yet to find out if he is still a jobber. I like the gimmick he has now, It sorta reminds me of a Heel John Cena. I feel that if booked properly in the coming months, he can be a great mid-carder on Smackdown. If not however, I wouldnt be surprised if he finds himself on the "future endeavor" list.

Dragons. They're perhaps one of the most talked about mythical creatures ever to not live. They're fierce, they're tough, heck they are even supposed to be able to breathe fire. Dragons are msytical, mysterious, and they cause curiosity. They are a huge thing of Asian and European mythology. Today's underrated wrestler has been nicknamed a type of Dragon before, nd while this man may not breathe fire, he is fierce, tough, and when he is in the ring, his wrestling ability sure cause curiosity. Yet, this man is not a thing European or Asian mythology, he is a man of American reality. He is the American Dragon. Now for those of you who are not familiar with that nickname within professional wrestling, you must not be big on independent wrestlers. Anyway, without further ado, for thise of you who have or have not figured it out, today's underrated wrestler of the day is:

"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson

danielson-roh.jpg

So, now a little background on this man. The man started his career in 1999. He got his start in backyard wrestling, for a promotion called Backyard Championship Wrestling, or BCW. He won the promotions World Title. After graduating High School in 1999, he started his training at the Texas Wrestling Acadamy, under Shawn Michaels. He debuted in Michael's promotion, the Texas Wrestling Alliance, winning the company's Tag Titles with Brian Kendrick. He was then signed to a developmental deal with WWE, being assigned to Memphis Championship wrestling. he wrestled until WWE stopped working with MCW, and then danielson resumed touring the country, but later returned to WWE working on Heat and Velocity. He once even wrestled John Cena on Velocity in a loss, and for anyone who would like to see that match, I don't have the link, but you can YouTube Bryan Danielson vs. John Cena and it will probably come up. In 2002, he joined Ring of Honor, as is known to this day as one of the promotions founding fathers. He wrestled there for three years, until 2005, and, despite winning the innagural Survival of the Fittest Tournament in 2004, he never won championship gold in the first few years. He did, though, put on many paraised matches, including a 80-minute masterpiece against Austin Aries. He took some time off in 2005. He returned eventually though, winning the title from James "Jamie Noble" Gibson at Glory by Honor IV. At the beginning of 2006, he began fueding with Combat Zone Wrestling's Chris Hero, leading to an interpromotional fued. While battling CZW, Danielson continued suceesfully defending his title. At Unified, he won a title unification match against Nigel McGuiness, unifying the World Title and ROH Pure Title. At Final battle 2006, his fifteen month reign as champion came to an end, being defeated by Homicide, giving danielson time to recover from a shoulder injury. Danielson returned in May 2007, and son engaged in fueds with first Austin Aries, then teaming with Austin Aries against stable The Age of the Fall. On Spetember 14th, at Tokyo Summitt, he won the GHC Junior heaveyweight Championship, and defended it in ROH and Proi Wrestling Noah, but he lost the title to kenta on october 13th. At Rising Above, he fought and lost for the ROH World Title, before fighting Takeshi Morishama at Final battle 2008 ina Fight Without Honor. In 2009 he has fueded witht he newly returned "The Embassy". His contract expired this year, leading him to wrestling in other promotions, including CHIKARA.

Now, for a list of his accomplishments in wrestling:

All Pro Wrestling:
APW Internet Championship (1 time)
King of the Indies (2001)
All Star Wrestling:
ASW Heavy Middleweight Championship (1 time)
East Coast Wrestling Association:
ECWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Low Ki
Full Impact Pro:
FIP Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling:
NWA Canadian Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Memphis Championship Wrestling:
MCW Southern Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
MCW Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Spanky
NWA Mid-South:
NWA Southern Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
New Japan Pro Wrestling:
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Curry Man
Pro Wrestling Illustrated:
PWI ranked him #13 of the best 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2008
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla:
PWG World Championship (1 time)
Pro Wrestling Noah:
GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Pro Wrestling Report:
Independent Wrestler of the Year (2006)
Ring of Honor:
ROH Pure Championship (1 time)
ROH World Championship (1 time)
Survival of the Fittest (2004)
Texas Wrestling Alliance:
TWA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Spanky
World Series Wrestling
WSW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
Best Technical Wrestler (2005–2008)
Match of the Year (2007) vs. Takeshi Morishima on August 25
Most Outstanding Wrestler (2006–2008)

Now, for the part on why he is underrated. First of all, this kid is very popular with the internet wrestling community, he is cheered just about wherever he goes. His mic work really isn't that bad, and looking at all his various titles and accolades, it seems he can draw very well as a champion, especially in promotions on that focus more on pure wrestling. His in-ring wrestling abilities are just quite simply amazing, he is just so talented, he is right up there with the all time greats. Kurt Angle, Chris benoit, Dean malenko, you can't mention any of them without mentioning the name Bryan Danielson in the same breath, he is just so talented. yet he is still stuck out on the independent circuit, and, while albeit he is very succesful out there, I truly believe he should be in the WWE right now, putting on classic matches and, with a little mic work and tweaks to his personality, at Punk's level. Now, I know WWE would probably screw it up, but I think the guy is severly underrated by these bigger companies, where he should be working by now. There are also many people out there who say that Danielson is nothing special, just a bunch of rest holds and small packages. Well, you should look at the whole thing. He is an amazing talent in the ring. And while I won't go as far to say that as a total package he is better than say, John Cena, which he isn't, he is extremely amazing, and is underrated by fans also. So, overall, this guy has been underrated, extremely, by fans and big comapnies alike, and it is time he deserves some rocognition, and not just from ROH smarks, haha.

Well that concludes it for today's Underrated Wrestler, I hope you join us again tomorrow for another Underrated Wrestler of the Day. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it, and I look forward to any feedback any of you may have.

Man how I do love me some Bryan Danielson. It's pretty funny he ends up in this thread, as two years ago he would usually end up in most 'overrated' threads. But in the past year or so, the Danielson hype has really died down. But shit... not from me. I still think he's awesome.

You know... for someone with the opinion as that, you'd be hard press to believe that I use to be one of the haters. Yep, even as a huge fan of Ring of Honor, I hated their champion at one time. But you know what? I credit that to Danielson's ability to be a tremendous heel. Nearly every ROH DVD I bought the guy would just piss me off to no end with his antics and style, which is funny because before he became champion, I was a fan of his. Not a huge one, but I really liked the guy's work with AJ Styles from the early days, and he amazing program with Homicide that happened months before Danielson won the World Title.

Anyway, the CZW/ROH feud started, and right away I grew a deep, deep hatred for CZW and their ******ed fanbase. And as my hatred grew for them, my love for Danielson just got bigger and bigger. Those fans just HATED Bryan Danielson and the way he would react and treat those assholes back... ahh, I just loved it to death. Him and Alex Shelly had a match in particular at the old ECW Arena filled with a bunch off annoying CZW fans, and I think that was the real turning point for me, for both guys actually (I use to think Shelly was an overrated piece of shit, but like Danielson.... I now believe he's one of the best the business currently has to offer). However, it wasn't until I saw Danielson's incredible matches against Nigel McGuinness at ROH Unified and KENTA at ROH Glory by Honor V, Night 2. Those matches were when I went from being a fan, to believing his hype. And that hype for me has never let up. His match against Homicide at ROH Final Battle 2006 is in my top 5 favorite matches of all time. Out of all the work those two did with each other just two years before that match took place, they were still able to deliver their greatest match to date and I'm still in awe of it. It really speaks of both guy's talent, but especially Danielson because he has consistently shown over and over again that he can have great matches against ANYONE, not just once, but over and over again. Not many people in the history of the business can claim to pull that off.

And today, not only is Danielson a great in-ring talent, but his work on the mic has vastly improved and now he's one of the most entertaining promo cutters out there. That, plus his presence/charisma and already noted in-ring ability... he's definitely one of, if not THE, best wrestlers in the World, and if there's one person who thinks otherwise, then yes... that does make Bryan Danielson underrated, so it was a fantastic choice Sign Guy. Keep 'em coming.

Man how I do love me some Bryan Danielson. It's pretty funny he ends up in this thread, as two years ago he would usually end up in most 'overrated' threads. But in the past year or so, the Danielson hype has really died down. But shit... not from me. I still think he's awesome.

You know... for someone with the opinion as that, you'd be hard press to believe that I use to be one of the haters. Yep, even as a huge fan of Ring of Honor, I hated their champion at one time. But you know what? I credit that to Danielson's ability to be a tremendous heel. Nearly every ROH DVD I bought the guy would just piss me off to no end with his antics and style, which is funny because before he became champion, I was a fan of his. Not a huge one, but I really liked the guy's work with AJ Styles from the early days, and he amazing program with Homicide that happened months before Danielson won the World Title.

Anyway, the CZW/ROH feud started, and right away I grew a deep, deep hatred for CZW and their ******ed fanbase. And as my hatred grew for them, my love for Danielson just got bigger and bigger. Those fans just HATED Bryan Danielson and the way he would react and treat those assholes back... ahh, I just loved it to death. Him and Alex Shelly had a match in particular at the old ECW Arena filled with a bunch off annoying CZW fans, and I think that was the real turning point for me, for both guys actually (I use to think Shelly was an overrated piece of shit, but like Danielson.... I now believe he's one of the best the business currently has to offer). However, it wasn't until I saw Danielson's incredible matches against Nigel McGuinness at ROH Unified and KENTA at ROH Glory by Honor V, Night 2. Those matches were when I went from being a fan, to believing his hype. And that hype for me has never let up. His match against Homicide at ROH Final Battle 2006 is in my top 5 favorite matches of all time. Out of all the work those two did with each other just two years before that match took place, they were still able to deliver their greatest match to date and I'm still in awe of it. It really speaks of both guy's talent, but especially Danielson because he has consistently shown over and over again that he can have great matches against ANYONE, not just once, but over and over again. Not many people in the history of the business can claim to pull that off.

And today, not only is Danielson a great in-ring talent, but his work on the mic has vastly improved and now he's one of the most entertaining promo cutters out there. That, plus his presence/charisma and already noted in-ring ability... he's definitely one of, if not THE, best wrestlers in the World, and if there's one person who thinks otherwise, then yes... that does make Bryan Danielson underrated, so it was a fantastic choice Sign Guy. Keep 'em coming.

Man, I agree with you on just about all points here, the guy is just amazing. You just don't get much better than Danielson, and I don't get how the CZW fanbase, or any other fans for that matter, could hate him. I've seen some of Danielson's work, and quite frankly, it is just quite amazing. To take a line from E & C, he totally reeks of awesomeness, haha. What truly gets me is what a great storyteller he is in the ring and his wide variety of moves, he just has such a wide, technical, and great moveset, like I said, he is right up there with Angle, Benoit, and malenko. And while I can't agree with you that I was ever a detractor of Danielson, I agree with you on how good he is. He makes half of WWE's talent look sucky, and that's including some of there better wrestlers. And thanks for reminding me of Alex Shelley, he and Chris Sabin are both sure to make it sometime soon in this thread.

First and foremost, Sign Guy, extremely well done thread, and while my words are going to make it seems as though I'm trashing your choices, I realize exactly how much work it takes to put these kind of posts up in such a manner, and to have put so much effort into these topics. I must say, I'm quite a fan of this.

However, I'm not sure how much I consider any of these wrestlers "underrated". If the discussion goes into how these wrestlers are perceived by the companies that they work under, I really couldn't disagree more, honestly. As you've mentioned earlier, these men are cruiserweight wrestlers, and are wrestlers that tend to put on great matches. And these guys are used to the exact position that they should be... None of these men will ever be World Champion, as they don't make for compelling all around wrestlers. All of the wrestlers that you are using for this lack some sense of a true persona, a true manner of clicking with the fans, with the exception of Danielson. And even with Danielson, you're talking about a program that puts much more of an emphasis on the actual match, which while respectable, if not a bit quirky, still seems a bit outdated within the constructs of current professional wrestling, and the landscape in which the WWE has currently laid out.

If you're talking about underrated by the fans, that I'd tend to disagree with, to some extent. I don't think you're going to find a fan that doesn't like the wrestlers in which you are mentioning, but I think that, for the majority, these wrestlers are being used to the best of their abilities, and that this is the most wrestling fans can hope for these men in terms of the plateau of their career. These men are placed in the position they are, mainly due to the fact that we just wouldn't find them entertaining as main event performers. Jamie Noble doesn't have much a gimmick, and without that whole "Nidia's blind" angle (which I found as bad TV, admittedly), these guys would seem pretty bland to us, and are best suited to be slotted down the card. Whatever the cause might be, these men have achieved a good portion of what they hoped for, and there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

I will say, Sign Guy, I do heavily enjoy this thread. I've been watching afar, but I can see tha painstaking effort you put into these. Keep it up... You're making a name for yourself

First and foremost, Sign Guy, extremely well done thread, and while my words are going to make it seems as though I'm trashing your choices, I realize exactly how much work it takes to put these kind of posts up in such a manner, and to have put so much effort into these topics. I must say, I'm quite a fan of this.

Thanks alot Tenta, I enjoy the JTMFTG very much, also.

However, I'm not sure how much I consider any of these wrestlers "underrated". If the discussion goes into how these wrestlers are perceived by the companies that they work under, I really couldn't disagree more, honestly. As you've mentioned earlier, these men are cruiserweight wrestlers, and are wrestlers that tend to put on great matches. And these guys are used to the exact position that they should be... None of these men will ever be World Champion, as they don't make for compelling all around wrestlers. All of the wrestlers that you are using for this lack some sense of a true persona, a true manner of clicking with the fans, with the exception of Danielson. And even with Danielson, you're talking about a program that puts much more of an emphasis on the actual match, which while respectable, if not a bit quirky, still seems a bit outdated within the constructs of current professional wrestling, and the landscape in which the WWE has currently laid out.

Put on your debating pants Tenta, here we go. First of all, I believe they are very underrated by the companies they work for. Let's take a look at Noble. Noble, and I'm sure very many can attest to this, is a very good wrestler, and, as shown by his various titles in different companies, including WWE, can draw as a champion. He held the cruiserweight title during his trailer park trash gimmick, and you can not disagree that it drew, or else he would've never made champion in the first place. And I'm sure you can't disagree with me in saying that Noble can pull of fairly entertaining promos. So, what I want you to do, is put Noble back under that gimmick, working as a heel, and give him shots at the U.S. Title against Kofi. Heck he doesn't even have to win the title, just put him in a fued, have him do what he does best, which is wrestle, and make him look good. He shouldn't be left off the card, he needs to be put in a compelling fued. The fact that he will never be a World Champ or maybe not even hold a mid-card title I can't disagree with, but the fact is he could be put in a mid-card fued there, or against Rey Rey and JoMo on Smnackdown, and put on entertaining promos and matches, instead of jobbing and even being left off the card. You can not tell me a Kofi/Noble match with a comedy promo from Noble would be less entertaining and funny than Horny running around beating Chavo. The fact is instead of what he is doing now, he could be put to full use (which he is not, like you say, at now), and the fact that he is not means he is underrated by the company.

Now on Jesse, he might not even be able to win a mid-card title, but instead of using him as a jobber and now sticking him in the gimmick he is currently using, could they not maybe do something with him. I am pretty sure Michael hayes is around, could you not emphasize Jesse's true last name and put Hayes with him giving him a lower-card push, and have him put on entertaining matches. Heck, you could even try to put him with Legacy, and have the htree of them break away from orton and do a Faboulus Freebird stable for modern day fans, I mean Jesse looks good enough, and Rhodes and DiBiase have that handsome look for the Freebirds. Do something with him, instead of the gimmick he has now. The position he is in right now is not the best he could be used, and he is underrated by the E.

Danielson, well, you can't tell me that, noting that his mic skills have improved drastically, and also noting his simply amazing in-ring abilities, that Danielson shouldn't at least be competeing for a title in TNA at this point, although I think he would be great in the WWE right now. His simple look could appeal to the fans, and he can work either face or heel. Just imagine the matches? Ziggler vs. Danielson. JoMo vs. Danielson. Kofi vs. Danielson. Punk vs. Danielson. You cannot tell me that you honestly believe, not even having a single company now that his ROH contract has expired, that working the indies like Danielson does, is putting this man to the best of his abilities. he is nowhere near it.

If you're talking about underrated by the fans, that I'd tend to disagree with, to some extent. I don't think you're going to find a fan that doesn't like the wrestlers in which you are mentioning, but I think that, for the majority, these wrestlers are being used to the best of their abilities, and that this is the most wrestling fans can hope for these men in terms of the plateau of their career. These men are placed in the position they are, mainly due to the fact that we just wouldn't find them entertaining as main event performers. Jamie Noble doesn't have much a gimmick, and without that whole "Nidia's blind" angle (which I found as bad TV, admittedly), these guys would seem pretty bland to us, and are best suited to be slotted down the card. Whatever the cause might be, these men have achieved a good portion of what they hoped for, and there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

Most fans due like these men, yes, but they are still wildly underrated by some people. As I mentioned above, these men are not being used to their full abilities, and this is not the plateau of any of their careers, at least it should not be. Now, understand me here, I'm not saying that I want to see Jamie Noble vs. jesse for the World Heaveyweight Championship at Wrestlemania 26, but I'm just saying that Noble should be put into a compelling mid-card fued that emphasizes his wrestling and promo abilities, Jesse should be giving a mentor in something like Hayes or at least a compelling tag team with some sort of a gimmick, and Danielson should be mid-card WWE by now, which I am fairly certain he could pull off with his mic skills improving and the impressiveness alone of his in-ring talents. And you can say all you want, but I'm sure the fans would find Noble compelling as a trailer park trash heel once again, I'm sure that the fans would find Jesse compelling as a modern-day Freebird, even if he went it alone, which is another possibility, and Danielson would probably impress fans alone with his wrestling ability. So, nope, they are underrated by fans and companies alike, and are not used to their full abilities.

I will say, Sign Guy, I do heavily enjoy this thread. I've been watching afar, but I can see tha painstaking effort you put into these. Keep it up... You're making a name for yourself

Thank you again Tenta, means alot.

Thanks alot Tenta, I enjoy the JTMFTG very much, also.

Thank you, man, I aims to entertain, and I hope that's what people get out of my columns, man.

Put on your debating pants Tenta, here we go.

Ah, fuck me. Can't we just, i don't know, chill? I see how much you have written down? And I'm not too ready to argue it. Alas, this is what I do.

First of all, I believe they are very underrated by the companies they work for. Let's take a look at Noble. Noble, and I'm sure very many can attest to this, is a very good wrestler, and, as shown by his various titles in different companies, including WWE, can draw as a champion.

Are we about to go into The Cruiserweight? It's a pretty good route to go, as long as you remember something about it... The Cruiserweight Belt is a lower rung belt. It's really on the same level, if not lower, than The Hardcore Title was seen as in the WWE. Using the Cruiserweight Title would be like saying that Taka Michonoku deserved a chance at the IC Belt, just because he had a reign as the Light Heavyweight champion.

He held the cruiserweight title during his trailer park trash gimmick, and you can not disagree that it drew, or else he would've never made champion in the first place.

Ah, but I can disagree that it drew. Mainly because Vince never intends to have the Cruiserweight Title drew. It's meant to be there so that the title holder can have some pretty good matches, and get the crowd revved up. If anything, your use of the Cruiserweight title completely wounded your argument. It's a lower tier belt that not many people pay much attention to. Besides, everyone gets a reign with some sort of title in the WWE. Albert had a run with the IC Strap, Mideon had a run with the European strap. Title are no longer seen as a reward for drawing, but rather as a tool to get a wrestler over. Just because a wrestler wins a title does not mean they're over.

And I'm sure you can't disagree with me in saying that Noble can pull of fairly entertaining promos.

Hmm.... Entertaining, he was, to some extent. I liked him where he was, but riddle me this; if he wasn't liked more, why wasn't he shot up the rungs of the WWE ladder. Simply put, in the WWE, if you're over, the fans recognize it, and they will help you up the card, by letting Vince know you like (or dislike) them.

So, what I want you to do, is put Noble back under that gimmick, working as a heel, and give him shots at the U.S. Title against Kofi. Heck he doesn't even have to win the title, just put him in a fued, have him do what he does best, which is wrestle, and make him look good.

there are plenty of wrestlers that already can do this, and are already well established as viable contenders for belts. The Miz, Swagger, and Carlito come to mind just off of the top of my head. Plenty of other guys, who are already far more established right now as a wrestler, can take that spot, and make it just as entertaining, if not more. The WWE would rather have a mid-card man face a potential main eventer, like The Big Show, than have him go down to wrestler a lower mid carder. There's a reason Big Show is a more viable contender than someone like Brian Kendrick, or Noble; While Show has headlined Wrestlemanias and won World Titles, Noble and Kendrick will probably never reach that stretch of believability.

He shouldn't be left off the card, he needs to be put in a compelling fued. The fact that he will never be a World Champ or maybe not even hold a mid-card title I can't disagree with, but the fact is he could be put in a mid-card fued there, or against Rey Rey and JoMo on Smnackdown, and put on entertaining promos and matches, instead of jobbing and even being left off the card

All wrestlers could use being placed in a compelling feud. The problem is, Noble is not a compelling guy. When he can't rely on his redneck schtick, which Jimmy Wang Yang does better by the way, his saving grace is that he puts on aerial matches. With guys like Bourne and Primo already running around, what's the point of another flying guy? Also, those flying moves are done because Noble has no other offense to go off of. There's really no ring psychology to going flippity-flip off the top rope. All it shows is that he can jump. Won't be enough for him to succeed, when multiple wrestlers have already proved they can do this, and more

You can not tell me a Kofi/Noble match with a comedy promo from Noble would be less entertaining and funny than Horny running around beating Chavo.

Well, actually, I can... It's just not the type of crowd like us that finds it entertaining. Horny and Chavo's antics are merely meant for kids, and they have an apppealing base all to their own. Name one base that Noble can reach that Kofi can't go against The Miz, and attain that same base. Hell, even Evan Bourne, for that matter.

The fact is instead of what he is doing now, he could be put to full use (which he is not, like you say, at now), and the fact that he is not means he is underrated by the company.

Well, I feel you're wrong, in that the WWE gives him a pay check, and has him work a couple house shows. All that Noble can do, some other wrestler (Bourne, Miz, Swagger) can do, and they are younger, and have far more upside.

Now on Jesse, he might not even be able to win a mid-card title, but instead of using him as a jobber and now sticking him in the gimmick he is currently using, could they not maybe do something with him.

Hey, he's getting TV time. What more do you want? If he's on TV, and not going for a mid card title, then isn't that where he's supposed to be? Which means he isn't underrated.

iStock_gasp3586108XSmall.jpg

I know....

I am pretty sure Michael hayes is around, could you not emphasize Jesse's true last name and put Hayes with him giving him a lower-card push, and have him put on entertaining matches.

:lmao:

Hayes hasn't been an onscreen character for years! What makes you even think fans are going to recognize who he is. They'll take one look at him, and be like, "Well, that's great. Is the line to the pretzel stand long?" They tried using a legend to get over Rockabilly with the Honky Tonk Man, and no one cared. Now, take a less relavent legend, and stick him with a name we haven't seen do much.

That's what you're getting here.

Heck, you could even try to put him with Legacy, and have the htree of them break away from orton and do a Faboulus Freebird stable for modern day fans, I mean Jesse looks good enough, and Rhodes and DiBiase have that handsome look for the Freebirds.

Sigh.... does no one learn from the NWO?

More people in the group only makes the group look that much weaker.

Do something with him, instead of the gimmick he has now. The position he is in right now is not the best he could be used, and he is underrated by the E.

They are doing something with him... They're making him look like he's actually doing something, and have him working under contract.

As for Danielson, admittedly, I haven't seen all of his stuff, or for that matter much of it at all. I'll just offer this... If he was good enough to get taken by the big companies, they would have already snatched him up. TNA and WWE didn't wait too long to get their hands on Somoa Joe and Punk. What's the wait here?

Most fans due like these men, yes, but they are still wildly underrated by some people. As I mentioned above, these men are not being used to their full abilities, and this is not the plateau of any of their careers, at least it should not be.

And how's it not? They're in the WWE, making more money than they'd ever thought they'd see in their lives. They're working matches, and they're making the opponent look good, knowing that the fans don't particularly care for them too much. That's not a bad thing, it's actually not bad at all.

Now, understand me here, I'm not saying that I want to see Jamie Noble vs. jesse for the World Heaveyweight Championship at Wrestlemania 26, but I'm just saying that Noble should be put into a compelling mid-card fued that emphasizes his wrestling and promo abilities, Jesse should be giving a mentor in something like Hayes or at least a compelling tag team with some sort of a gimmick, and Danielson should be mid-card WWE by now, which I am fairly certain he could pull off with his mic skills improving and the impressiveness alone of his in-ring talents.

Already went against all of these.

And you can say all you want, but I'm sure the fans would find Noble compelling as a trailer park trash heel once again

They've already seen it, and unless it's the shit of legends, most fans don't want retreads. It's part of the reason the third incarnation (and for that matter, the second as well) never fucking got anywhere

I'm sure that the fans would find Jesse compelling as a modern-day Freebird, even if he went it alone, which is another possibility, and Danielson would probably impress fans alone with his wrestling ability. So, nope, they are underrated by fans and companies alike, and are not used to their full abilities

Again, my last question still rungs true.... Why have they not reached these points, then? Vince listens to the fans. Hell, he just gave the belt to a guy with fucking two strikes on the Wellness Policy, and who is presumably about to leave. You think he wanted to do that? Absolutely not. He did it because the fans demanded it. And right now, the fans are not demanding Noble, Jesse, and to a lesser extent, Danielson

Thank you again Tenta, means alot.

It's arguments like this will make a fucking name for yourself. I'm proud of you for putting this argument up.

But I still highly disagree

Thank you, man, I aims to entertain, and I hope that's what people get out of my columns, man.

They entertain.

Ah, fuck me. Can't we just, i don't know, chill? I see how much you have written down? And I'm not too ready to argue it. Alas, this is what I do.

Nope, we can't chill, and I am ready to argue it. So, here we go again...

Using the Cruiserweight Title would be like saying that Taka Michonoku deserved a chance at the IC Belt, just because he had a reign as the Light Heavyweight champion. Are we about to go into The Cruiserweight? It's a pretty good route to go, as long as you remember something about it... The Cruiserweight Belt is a lower rung belt. It's really on the same level, if not lower, than The Hardcore Title was seen as in the WWE.

I wasn't really referring to the Cruiserweight Belt so much as the others he has held in different promotions, that was a bad choice of words on my behalf. But looking at the other titles in different promotions he has held, like the ROH World Title, it proves he can draw as a champion, at least in a promotion solely focused on wrestling. And I'll argue that Noble has the promo skills to get interest in him if he was giving a fair chance. If Vince would just give him two or three weeks, just give him a chance, put his old gimmick back on him, and see what happens, he could have another solid mid-carder, for any show. He could go to ECW and wrestle for the ECW Title, I don't care. Okay, I'm a little off track here, but the fact is, he can draw as a champion. Otherwise, he would never have held one title anywhere.

Ah, but I can disagree that it drew. Mainly because Vince never intends to have the Cruiserweight Title drew. It's meant to be there so that the title holder can have some pretty good matches, and get the crowd revved up. If anything, your use of the Cruiserweight title completely wounded your argument. It's a lower tier belt that not many people pay much attention to. Besides, everyone gets a reign with some sort of title in the WWE. Albert had a run with the IC Strap, Mideon had a run with the European strap. Title are no longer seen as a reward for drawing, but rather as a tool to get a wrestler over. Just because a wrestler wins a title does not mean they're over.

I agree and disagree with this one. I agree where you say that titles are sometimes used to get a wrestler over, but they are also used to draw. They didn't give Cena or Orton the title to "get over", they gave it to them because they were over, and they could draw. Same in the mid-card often, they didn't give Rey Rey or Jericho the title because they needed to get over, they gave it to them because they were already over and they could draw. And I never even said that they have to give Noble even a mid-card title, I just said they need to stick him in a fued for it and let him wrestle and look good. If he gets over or is starting to and needs to get over, give him the title. But the main fact is where he is now and where he could be are two different levels, and he could look much better in the mid-card right now.

Hmm.... Entertaining, he was, to some extent. I liked him where he was, but riddle me this; if he wasn't liked more, why wasn't he shot up the rungs of the WWE ladder. Simply put, in the WWE, if you're over, the fans recognize it, and they will help you up the card, by letting Vince know you like (or dislike) them.

Yeah, but two things come to mibd here:

1. Vince never gave him a chance when he returned. He was featured on TV every week for a title (which is what he needs now) during his first run with the WWE, but now he just jobs every week. He was given a chance and he worked during his first run, so he will now at a slightly higher title level. He's probably improved even more since he worked back then. You can say he only worked back then because it was the Cruiserweight Title, but if the Cruiserweight Title wasn't somewhat interesting to fans, it wouldn't have lasted anywhere as long as it did.

2. Vince doesn't always listen to what the fans say. He does sometimes, as in the case of Jeff Hardy winning the belt at NOC, but he doesn't always listen to the fans, and the only reason there isn't any fan reaction to Noble now is most likely because of the reason listed in number one. I may be wrong, he could get a chance and fail, proving me wrong, but since he returned he has yet to get that chance.

there are plenty of wrestlers that already can do this, and are already well established as viable contenders for belts. The Miz, Swagger, and Carlito come to mind just off of the top of my head. Plenty of other guys, who are already far more established right now as a wrestler, can take that spot, and make it just as entertaining, if not more. The WWE would rather have a mid-card man face a potential main eventer, like The Big Show, than have him go down to wrestler a lower mid carder. There's a reason Big Show is a more viable contender than someone like Brian Kendrick, or Noble; While Show has headlined Wrestlemanias and won World Titles, Noble and Kendrick will probably never reach that stretch of believability.

I'm not going to argue that The Miz is better on the mic, but Noble is a better in-ring wrestler. But Miz is the better overall package as a professional wrestler goes. Swagger, I'm not going to put up a fight against that, and Noble is just as good on the mic as Carlito and with better in-ring skills. I'm not saying Noble's more viable, I'm just saying he has the ability to, given a chance, to make it. Yet he hasn't been given that chance.

All wrestlers could use being placed in a compelling feud. The problem is, Noble is not a compelling guy. When he can't rely on his redneck schtick, which Jimmy Wang Yang does better by the way, his saving grace is that he puts on aerial matches. With guys like Bourne and Primo already running around, what's the point of another flying guy? Also, those flying moves are done because Noble has no other offense to go off of. There's really no ring psychology to going flippity-flip off the top rope. All it shows is that he can jump. Won't be enough for him to succeed, when multiple wrestlers have already proved they can do this, and more

Noble is in act compelling, and while Yang may be a little better at the redneck stuff then Noble, he has nowhere near the charisma or mic skills of Noble. And Noble does alot more than go fillity-flip off the ropes as you put it. He is also a mat technician, he was trained by Dean malenko for heaven's sakes, and therefore knows many technical aspects of the business. And if you watch his matches in companies other than WWE, you would see the tru extent of his in-ring ability and ring psychology.

Well, actually, I can... It's just not the type of crowd like us that finds it entertaining. Horny and Chavo's antics are merely meant for kids, and they have an apppealing base all to their own. Name one base that Noble can reach that Kofi can't go against The Miz, and attain that same base. Hell, even Evan Bourne, for that matter.

Well for one he can wrestle better in-ring matches (so far) than The Miz. Although The Miz is golden on the mic, I couldn't argue that Miz and Kofi would be more entertaining. That is why you stick Noble in there so it's a three-way fued. You can do something more with him now than they do though, and there is always a way to include more than two people in a fued, so don't start with me on how Noble can't be included because there are already two viable contenders. And, as for Bourne, at the moment he is better than Bourne on the mic, and while he can't do Bourne's amount of flips, he is the better in-ring technician.

Well, I feel you're wrong, in that the WWE gives him a pay check, and has him work a couple house shows. All that Noble can do, some other wrestler (Bourne, Miz, Swagger) can do, and they are younger, and have far more upside.

Swagger, won't argue, Miz same argument as before, Bourne, same argument that is directly above.

Hey, he's getting TV time. What more do you want? If he's on TV, and not going for a mid card title, then isn't that where he's supposed to be? Which means he isn't underrated.

Ah I give up on Jesse, the Noble argument took most of my energy.

As for Danielson, admittedly, I haven't seen all of his stuff, or for that matter much of it at all. I'll just offer this... If he was good enough to get taken by the big companies, they would have already snatched him up. TNA and WWE didn't wait too long to get their hands on Somoa Joe and Punk. What's the wait here?

Exactly what proves he is underrated.

And how's it not? They're in the WWE, making more money than they'd ever thought they'd see in their lives. They're working matches, and they're making the opponent look good, knowing that the fans don't particularly care for them too much. That's not a bad thing, it's actually not bad at all.

Solid point, in a way. I'm just saying, and I'm switching solely to Noble now, that he could be used better than he is now, at least given a chance.

Again, my last question still rungs true.... Why have they not reached these points, then? Vince listens to the fans. Hell, he just gave the belt to a guy with fucking two strikes on the Wellness Policy, and who is presumably about to leave. You think he wanted to do that? Absolutely not. He did it because the fans demanded it. And right now, the fans are not demanding Noble, Jesse, and to a lesser extent, Danielson

Sometimes you have to present something ina crebible way to the fans for them to be accpeted.

It's arguments like this will make a fucking name for yourself. I'm proud of you for putting this argument up.

Thanks and it means alot.

But I still highly disagree

Different opinions is what these forums were made for. But let me just say that by underrated, I think we disagree on the meaning of the word. In my opinion, these people are underrated because they are great at what they do yet they don't get much respect or credit, and nobpdy even attempts to care for them. Your opinion on underrated is that if they should be higher in the company than what they are, they underrated. I think it works both ways, but that was just to clarify what I mean by underrated and I have no problem debating what you think makes these men not underrated.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't consider any of these men underrated. Underrated by whom? The fans certainly seem to love them. They sing their praises about what great wrestlers they are and how they can entertain.

In fact, if I would call anyone underrated it would be people like Mark Henry, wrestlers who have busted their asses, worked hard, and put on a decent show, yet are still shit on by the fans.

I do however quite like Jamie Noble. His feud with Palumbo was great.

Now, before I get started with anything today, let me note what I mean when I say the guys I put in this thread are underrated. I don't mean that many people don't like them, I'm not saying that they are the next Stone Cold and should Main Event, and I'm not saying that they are even lower in the company that they could/should be, although I will attest to that with alot of these guys. What I mean by underrated is they are out there every night, busting their buts, and wrestling better than half the guys in thhis business, yet they always don't get the love, respect, care, or and sometimes pushes they deserve. Now while I'm not saying that the way Tenta interprets this, as in "well, they aren't higher in the company than they should be, so they aren't underrated" can't be used also, and I'll gladly engage in debates against anyone and everyone who interprets this in anyway, I thought I would like to clear up what I mean by underrated.

Now, today's introduction has to do with monsters. yes, we all know about monsters. Monsters are mean, they are nasty, they are ugly. They are the things that scare us, that hide under our bed, that haunt our dreams. Over the history of this great earth, there have been many, many, countless even, stories written and movies made about monsters. They are the epitome of everything big and scary. And today, a monster will be put into this thread. This is a man who has been known as a monster for alomost 12 years. A monster who hgas always been known as big, scary, strong, ugly, and nasty. Someone who fits the general description of a monster, a monster that anyone who watches wrestling should know. He is big, he is evil, he is red, and he is a machine. For those of you who have not figured it out yet, let me finally introduce this man. He is none other than:

Kane

Kane_-_ECW_Champion.jpg

So now for a little background on this man. Kane, whose real name is Glenn Jacobs, made his professional wrestling debut in 1992. He worked early for the United States Wrestling Association, where he won their Heaveyweight Championship, and for Smokey Mountain Wrestling where he won the the SMW Tag Titles with Al Snow as part of The Dynamic Duo. In 1995, he made his WWF debut as Issac Yankem, DDS. The gimmick was of Jerry Lawler's evil dentist. In April 1996, when Razor ramon and Diesel left for WCW, he appeared as Fake Razor Ramon (the ineptitude can be found in the John Tenta Memorial for Terrible Gimmicks, in the old school wrestling section). In 1997, jacobs made his debut as Kane, the Undertaker's younger half-brother, ripping the door off the Hell in a Cell in his debut, attacking Undertaker and costing him the match to Shawn Michaels. He then fueded with The Undertaker through April of the next year, losing matches to him at Wrestlemania XIV and the first-ever inferno match at In Your House: Unforgiven. The story behind the family is simple, that Undertaker "accidently" burned down his family's funeral home as a child, killing his paren't as scarring Kane. Poaul bearer, an employee at the funeral home, returned to manage Taker, while keeping Kane hidden, but bringing him back to gain revenge after mistreatment from Taker. Kane went on to win the WWE Championship at King of the Ring 1998 in a First Blood match against Stone Cold Steve Austin, only to lose it back to him the next night on RAW. He then formed a tag team with mankind, winnign the Tag Titles. In 1999, he joined The Corporation, but turned face after being betrayed and kicked out. He then joined X-Pac in a tag team, and soon had a girlfriend in Tori. When Tori betrayed him and joine D-X with X-Pac, they fueded until Wrestlemania 2000, with Kane and Rikishi defeating X-pac and Road Dogg. He then teamed and afterwards fueded with The Unbdertaker, culminating in a Summerslam match in which Kane lost. He then fueded with Chris Jericho, ending 2000 with a loss against Jericho in a Last Man Standing match against Jericho at Armageddon. Throughout 2001, he teamed with Undertaker as the Brothers of Destruction, and also competed for the Hardcore and Intercontinental Title, winning both at different times. He became the third Grand Slam Champion during this year. In early 2002, he fueded with Kurt Angle, and then the New World Order, before he tore his biceps. He won the World tag Team Championships with Hurricane in September, and also won the Intercontinental Championship during the same time period. He then went on to wrestle Triple H in a unification match at No Mercy for the IC and World Titles, but lost. He went on to team with Rob Van dam in early 2003. During June, he lost a mask vs. title match against Triple H for the World Title at Madison Square Garden, having to unmask. He then proved emotionally unstable in storyline, setting J.R. on fire after an interview and Tombstoning Linda McMahon on the RAW stage, leading to a fued with her son Shane. This match gave us two violent matches, with Kane defeating Shane in both a Last man Standing match at Unforgiven and a Ambulance Match at Survivor Series, thus ending the fued. later that night, he assisted Mr. McMahon in his Buried Alive Match against The Undertaker, helping McMahon to win. He then fueded for the World Title, competeing in a losing effort in a triple threat match at Armageddon. He entered the 2004 Royal Rumble, dominating everyone in the ring until The Undertaker's signature gong sounded, causing him to be distracted then eliminated. Over the next two months, he insisted his brother was "dead", but starnge things kept happening, from videos over the titantron telling of his return to rain directly over kane's head and lights going off followed by the gong. This led to a match atr Wrestlemanai 20, where Undertaker returned under his old gimmick and defeated Kane. The night after Mania, he fell in love with Lita. Lita later announced she was pregnant, with her boyfriend matt Hardy assuming he was the father. It turned out kane was the actual father. Kane and Hardy began a fued, Kane eventually winning a match giving him the right to marry Lita, and then chokeslamming Hardy off the RAW stage during the wedding. But kane accidently fell on Lita due to an attack by debuting Gene Snitsky causing a miscarriage. Snitsky then fueded with kane, crushing Kane's larynyx at Taboo Tuesday. Kane returned at New Year's Revolution, defeating Snitsky. Lita later turned on him for Edge, though, and he fueded with Edge, in a losing effort. He later teamed with Big Show, winning the World Tag Team Titles, and defended them succesfully at Wrestlemania 22. Soon he and Show lost the titles to the Spirit Squad, and began a storyline where he snapped everytime someone mentioned the date May 19th. It was later explained this was the day his family died in the fire. The voices he heard continued, however, and was confronted by an Imposter Kane. The two brawled each week before Vengeance, where the Imposter Kane defeated the regular Kane. He then beat down the Imposter kane the next night, ripping his mask off. He hten disapeared for awhile. When he returned he fueded with Umaga, whihc ended up in a Loser Leaves RAW match, which Kane lost. He then went to Smackdown and engaged in various, non-importent fueds for the next two years. At Wrestlemania 24, he defeated Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Championship, and then joined the ECW Roster. He was drafted to RAW in June however, and lost the title to mark Henry at Night of Champions. He later turned heel, and was once again drafted to Smackdon in 2009, where he fueded with first C.M. Punk and now The Great Khali.

Wow, that is one long history. Now his list of accomplishments.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Worst Feud of the Year (2002) vs. Triple H
Worst Feud of the Year (2003) vs. Shane McMahon
Worst Feud of the Year (2004) vs. Matt Hardy and Lita
Worst Feud of the Year (2007) vs. Big Daddy V
Worst Feud of the Year (2008) vs. Rey Mysterio
Worst Gimmick (1996) Fake Diesel
Worst Worked Match of the Year (2001) with The Undertaker vs. KroniK at Unforgiven
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Tag Team of the Year (1999) with X-Pac
PWI ranked him #13 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2004
USWA
USWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
SMW
SMW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Al Snow
WWE
ECW Championship (1 time)
WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with The Undertaker
WWF Championship (1 time)
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (2 times)
WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (9 times) – with Mankind (2), X-Pac (2), The Undertaker (2), The Hurricane (1), Rob Van Dam (1), and The Big Show (1)
Eighth Triple Crown Champion
Third Grand Slam Champion

Now, here we can see this guy is a credible veteran. He is known as well-liked throughout the locker room, and is known to like to put younger guys over. He, along with Undertaker and Vader, is probably one of the best three big men of the past twenty years. For his size, he works a great match and has a great moveset, which includes a couple of ariel moves and a dropkick. He is a big guy with a good look, and has one heck of a gimmick. he draws very well as a champion, and when given the chance delivers great promos. he goies out their and busts his but night in and night out. And, while I know he has spoken saying he doesn't want a title, he hasn't been giving a good, credible title run or even a good fued in ages. They have never given hima World Title or WWE Title run, except for the one day he held in in 98'. And his ECW Title run wasn't really that great. He doesn't get alot from the company he works for. The fans don't really recognize him for all the work he does, his great ring skills, and his ability to put over and make young guys look good, which he does without a second thought. I'm not saying there aren't Kane fans out there, but not alot of them recognize him for all that he does and how hard he works, and the WWE won't give hima goo, solid, push, fued, or title run. While he may only be a jobber to the stars, he seems to be etching closer to a full jobber status. He is way, way underrated by both his company and many fans, and it's time he goit the recognition he deserves.

Ah yes, Kane. A great choice, Sign Guy... You're doing great work, and I hope you keep this up.

To me, Kane started to look really bad when they humanized the poor red bastard. I mean, when they started adding girlfriends, and had him talking about "Kane-i-nites" and such, that's when I liked him best. But nothing killed his momentum more than losing that fucking mask. It was there that you could tell that he just wasn't going to be the same bad ass competitor that he used to be. But from that run from October, 1997 from June, 1998, he was the heel of the WWE. Some will say DX, and that's bull crap, as Shawn was going over one work rate that was good, but not his best. Soon, he'd have a back injury, and be gone. Not many people cared too much for Trips, in spite of what Vince would like you to believe, and the Rock was still padiddling along with Farooq and the nation. No, Kane was the guy that got plenty of heat, just by kicking everyone's ass, and taking names. And you know who was vital to this man getting over?

bearer.jpg

Oh Yesss!

Yeah, when he was Taker, he was creepy. But with Kane... Ah, you wanted to bash this guy's brains it with the tire iron. Without Paul, we'd just be scared of Kane... We wouldn't hate him. Oh, but Paul was so damn annoying, and he knew how to work a crowd. I know he wanted to avoid this through his career, but he actually kind of reminded me of a more morbid version of The Brain. That's how good he was at getting Kane over. All Kane had to do was keep kicking ass, every night. And that's exactly what he did.

Great post, Sign Guy. I love how this thread is coming along. Keep it going, man

Ah yes, Kane. A great choice, Sign Guy... You're doing great work, and I hope you keep this up.

To me, Kane started to look really bad when they humanized the poor red bastard. I mean, when they started adding girlfriends, and had him talking about "Kane-i-nites" and such, that's when I liked him best. But nothing killed his momentum more than losing that fucking mask. It was there that you could tell that he just wasn't going to be the same bad ass competitor that he used to be. But from that run from October, 1997 from June, 1998, he was the heel of the WWE. Some will say DX, and that's bull crap, as Shawn was going over one work rate that was good, but not his best. Soon, he'd have a back injury, and be gone. Not many people cared too much for Trips, in spite of what Vince would like you to believe, and the Rock was still padiddling along with Farooq and the nation. No, Kane was the guy that got plenty of heat, just by kicking everyone's ass, and taking names. And you know who was vital to this man getting over?

bearer.jpg

Oh Yesss!

Yeah, when he was Taker, he was creepy. But with Kane... Ah, you wanted to bash this guy's brains it with the tire iron. Without Paul, we'd just be scared of Kane... We wouldn't hate him. Oh, but Paul was so damn annoying, and he knew how to work a crowd. I know he wanted to avoid this through his career, but he actually kind of reminded me of a more morbid version of The Brain. That's how good he was at getting Kane over. All Kane had to do was keep kicking ass, every night. And that's exactly what he did.

Great post, Sign Guy. I love how this thread is coming along. Keep it going, man

Thanks for the compliments Tenta, I haven't got one up lately because I've been busy with football, beating people in Madden 09, and other things, but I'll try to have a new post up today (in the afternoon or sometime after 9) or Saturday sometime.

Now, on the fact that Kane was the heel at that point in time, I have to agree fully. At this point Austin and Taker were probably the two biggest faces and Kane fueded with them both. He was definitley the biggest heel, and he was dominant. he was one of the most scary, dangerous, and most-feared men in WWE at that point, and bearer did really help him tons. As a matter of fact, I'd like to see him come back, as he is supposedly in better shape, and have Kane go on a complete rampage with bearer at his side. I think it would really elevate him. But yes, he was a great monster heel, and it's a shame to see what has happened to him.

Well, due to the fact I can't think of an introduction (Who do you think I am anyways, Tenta?), I'll just get straight to today's wrestler.

Chavo Guerrero

Chavo_Guerrero%2C_Jr._in_Kitchener%2C_Ontario%2C_Canada.jpg

Now for some history on the man. He started his wrestling career in 1994, and recieved his first national exposure in 1996 in WCW. There, he fueded with his uncle Eddie Guerrero, played a gimmick of a physco who was fixated with a hobble horse he named "Pepe", who was eventually fed to a woodchipper by Norman Smiley. He laso was a member of Misfits in Action, known as Lieutenant Loco. His contract was sold along with WCW to WWE in 2001, and in stayed under the midcard for awhile. Soon he was teamed with his uncle Eddie again in the tag team division, known as Los Guerreros. They won the WWE Tag Team Championships two times. Eventually, when Eddie kept gaining popularity, the two split, with Chavo turning on Eddie. He was soon joined by his father who was known in the WWE as Chavo Classic, who was Eddie's brother. Chavo was defeted by Eddie at the 2004 Royal Rumble. Chavo chased the Cruiserweight Title from then on to 2005, where he was traded to RAW in the Draft. On RAW he made a drastic gimmick change, changing his name to Kerwin White, with the gimmick of a stereotypical, middle-class, white, Anglo-American man. He also drove to the ring in a golf cart, which carried his golf clubs, and had a caddy. On November 13, 2005, Eddie Guerrero tradgically died, resulting in Chavo dropping the Kerwin White gimmick and wrestling as a face. He fueded with Randy Orton, who insulted Eddie during his fued with Rey Mysterio, and supported Rey, and celebrating with him when he won the title at Wrestlemania 22. He later turned on Rey, fueding with him and defeating him in an I Quit match, forcing him to leave Smackdown. He then fueded with Chris Benoit for the U.S. Title, coming out on the losing win. Following this was a Cruiserweight Championship reign followed by another fued with Rey, where Chavo lost an I Quit rematch, having to leave Smackdown himself. He later returned, now on ECW, joined Edge and Vickie Guerrero's "family", and won the ECW Championship from C.M. Punk. He later lost the title at Wrestlemania 24 to Kane. he has since competed on Smackdown and RAW, most notably on RAW in a fued with Santino/Santina Marella and more recently Hornswoggle.

Now a list of accomplishments:
PWI ranked him # 17 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the PWI 500 in 2004
World Championship Wrestling
WCW Cruiserweight Championship (2 times)
WCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time)- with Corporal Cajun
World Wrestling Entertainment
ECW Championship (1 time)
WWE Cruiserweight Championship (4 times)
WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times)- with Eddie Guerrero
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Tag Team of the Year (2002) with Eddie Guerrero

Now, for why I believe he is underrated. First off, they guy can draw. It has been proving, as he worked well in a tag team with Eddie, and he drew good heat as ECW Champion. He is a very solid in-ring talent, not only being a solid cruiserweight talent but also being very talented in technical wrestling. He is decent on the mic, no worse than Batista, who is a main eventer. He works his but off every night in the ring, yet he doesn't get very much appreciation from the fans, and he has been stuck with horrible gimmicks, storylines, and fueds throughout his career (Pepe, Hornswoggle, Santina/Vickie, Misfits in Action), and doesn't get much of a push, heck, the biggest title he won was with help from Edge (ECW). The point is, and I'm not saying he deserves a Main Event push or anything, that Chavo deserves more than he gets, from both the fans and the company, and is not used to the full extent of his ability (trust me, it's anything but jobbing to Horny), and he is very unbderrated.

I have to agree with you. Chavo is definetly one of the most underrated wrestlers in ever. I remeber back on Smackdown a few years ago when he had some great matches with the likes of Rey, Angle, and Benoit. I especially love all the feuds he's had with Mysterio, something about them just takes it to the next level. Maybe because they're both Mexican.

He really hasn't be treated well in the WWE ever since he lost to Kane in six seconds at Wrestlemania. That was just awful. Ever since, he's been nothing more than a wheel chair pusher and a guy who loses to midgets. Hopefully someone in the WWE can realize the talent they're wasting and make Chavo relevant again.

Now, first off, I'd like to say I'm sorry to anyone who may read this thread regularly, as I have not been able to get up a post everyday as I wish. I enjoy doing it and I hope everyone else does also. So, as I will be busy from now on with football and soon school, I probably won't be able to make a post everyday, as I'll be so busy, especially on weekdays.

Now, today's wrestler has to do with The Attitude Era, possibly the most flourishing time in wrestling history. Ah, The Attitude Era. Compelling storylines. Fresh new superstars. Pretty good wrestling overall. Shock value, entertainment, something that gave us what we wanted. Not like the fans (like the ones on these forums) don't still get what they like and want...

Hornswoggle_with_shilelagh.jpg

I hate you Vince....

Anyways, there have been many discussions over what started the Attitude Era. Some say it was Austin 3:16. Some say it was The Montreal Screwjob. And, then some people say it all started with this man, today's underrated wrestler, he is The Bizarre One, he is:

Goldust

Goldust.jpg

So first, a little history on the guy. The son of "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes, the man who prtrays the gimmick, Dustin Rhodes, made his debut in 1988, working for NWA, and won the Flordia Tag Team Championships there with Jaison Royers. He then moved on to the WWF in 1990 and 1991, teaming with his father against Virgil and Ted DiBiase Sr. at Royal Rumble 1991. He then joined WCW, staying there for four years and fueding with various people. He was eventually fired for blading during the King of the Road match at Uncensored 1995 when he was not instructed to. In fall of 1995 he returned as Goldust, a heel who was obsessed with film and the color gold. He dressed in a black and gold jumpsuit with facepaint to complete, with platinum blonde hair and a platinum blonde wig, in the form of an Academy Award, and displayed characteristics of a bisexual. He fueded with razor Ramon, winning the Intercontinental Title and introducing his on and off screen wife Marlena, portrayed by Terri Runnels. He then fueded with Brian Pillman in 1997, but the fued ended when Pillman died. He later became known as The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust, and mimicked fellow wrestlers and celebrities, such as Triple H, Dude Love, Chyna, Sable, Vader, and singer Marilyn Manson. In late 1998, he reprised the original gimmick he had and fueded with Jeff Jarett and then Al Snow, with The Blue Meanie joining him as Bluedust during the Snow fued. He left WWE in 1999, returning to WCW, he styed in WCW until it folded in 2001, wrestling under his real name. He wasn't signed in 2001 when WWE bought out WCW. He returned to WWE in 2002, first goiing afte rthe Hardcore Title, winning it nine times, and then teaming with Booker T. He was released in 2003. He then wrestled in TNA until 2005. At Taboo Tuesday 2005, he returned to WWE alongside Vader and The Coach, and competed in the 2006 Royal Rumble. He was again released in June of 2006 after no-showing an event. He then wrestled shortly in All japan Pro Wrestling before going to TNA. In TNA he did interviews speaking of a split personality, debuting him in the gimmick Black Reign. Reign fueded with Abyss, kaz, and Eric Young while in TNA, but was released eventually. In 2008, he returned to the WWE, competing on the RAW brand. he was traded to ECW in June 2009, where he competes now.

Now, for his list of accomplishments:

American Combat Wrestling
ACW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Championship Wrestling from Florida
NWA Florida Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
NWA Florida Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Mike Graham
Coastal Championship Wrestling
CCW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (1991)
PWI ranked him #11 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1996
Turnbuckle Championship Wrestling
TCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
World Championship Wrestling
WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
WCW World Six-Man Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Big Josh and Tom Zenk
WCW World Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Ricky Steamboat (1) and Barry Windham
World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Booker T
WWF Hardcore Championship (9 times)
WWF Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
Slammy Award for Best Couple (1997) – with Marlena
Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
5 Star Match (1991) with Nikita Koloff, Sting, Ricky Steamboat, and Barry Windham vs. Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, and Larry Zbyszko in a WarGames match at WrestleWar
Most Embarrassing Wrestler (1997)
Most Improved (1991)
Rookie of the Year (1989)
Worst Gimmick (1995, 1997, 2007)

Now, for why he is underrated. This guy is a great wrestler, even still today. If you don't believe me watch any of his matches this year, he is solid in all of his recent matches. He is just as good as he was when he debuted in 1988. He is pretty good on the mic, although the Tourettes Gimmick doesn't show it. We all know this man can draw, and most people enjoy the Goldust gimmick, it even fits in with the PG era. Seems like the perfect guy for the ECW Title or a midcard title, right? Nope, not to WWE, as he is stuck teaming with Hornswoggle and now on ECW, where he gets hardly any exposure. TNA didn't care either, as they gave him Black Reign. He is a great wrestler but gets nothing solid from the company. He is a great worker, and busts his but every night, but not a lot of people give him any credit or support. He is underrated by both fans and companies, and it is time he got some recognition.

This is absolute truth. Take a look at any ECW "squash" match Goldust has had - off the top of my head, he's wrestled Zack Ryder and Shelton Benjamin. He's doing the job extremely effectively - much like Finlay. In essence, this is what he is to ECW - Finlay's replacement. He's the old veteran who can teach backstage and make you look like gold (pun slightly intended) in the ring. He put up credible fights against both Shelton and Ryder, but lost, which to me, does a whole lot more for them than running wild over a local jobber (Koslov, anyone?). They get a credible, hard fought victory, they gain heat for beating a veteran face, and they walk out better men, while Goldust suffers nothing. He's awesome at this.

Furthermore, in both his day and the present day, he's a master of promos. Especially back in the day, when he was one of the best mind games players in history. He could mindfuck you with his crazy bisexual ways and just overall weirdness. Today, he's pretty much the only funny guy left, when we're weekly treated to the styling of Hornswoggle and Santino. Still continues to entertain with amusing promos.

And, furthermore, when he was just plain Dustin Rhodes, he did some good work. There's some fine WCW and old WWF matches of Dustin, particularly, off the top of my head, the Dusty & Dustin team vs DiBiase and Virgil from the Rumble. Not nearly as good as he is as Goldust, but still, a solid wrestler. What's even cooler about him is that rather than ride the coattails of the second generation he took a unique character and made it work.

So yeah, definitely an underrated guy who gets forgotten for excellent tag and IC title reigns. Great choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back