Santina Marella

14santina0009b.jpg

[youtube]39wPa8BGqHw[/youtube]

Born: March 14, 1979
Born: Mississauga, Ontario
Height: 5’ 10
Weight: A lady never tells
Trained By: Santino Marella

A thread about the Women of Professional Wrestling has to include the very beautiful and extremely talented Santina Marella. After all, in a match that pitted Alicia Fox, Beth Phoenix, Brie Bella, Eve Torres, Gail Kim, Jillian Hall, Joy Giovanni, Katie Lea Burchill, Kelly Kelly, Layla, Maria, Maryse, Melina, Michelle McCool, Mickie James, Miss Jackie, Molly Holly, Natalya, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes, Sunny, Tiffany, Torrie Wilson, and Victoria, Santina was able to enter the ring and eliminate the lot of them, thus becoming the first ever Miss Wrestlemania at Wrestlemania XXV, the greatest stage of them all!

Wrestling families have been extremely important over the years for professional wrestling, The Harts, The McMahons, The Von Erichs and so forth. These families have given blood to the sport and now its time for another family to start its legacy. I am not talking about the DiBiases, the Rhodes, or even the Snukas, I am talking about the Marellas.

Santina was given the opportunity to enter professional wrestling after her brother, Santino Marella, former two time Intercontinental Champion for World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) opened the door for her. Although this will be argued as perhaps being a form of politicking, I beg to argue. The WWE were finally given a real woman to view, something that the scouts and agents of the WWE have failed to provide. Now we all know about Santino’s accomplishments, dating back to his arrival on April 16, 2007, where he would enter the WWE, and destroy the Samoan Bulldozer, Umaga, in route to winning his first WWE title, the Intercontinental Championship on his first match. That in itself is a feet, winning a title in your first match. Santina, who is ever the opportunist, and always trying to get the upper hand in the sibling rivalry, decided that the only way to beat Santino was to do what he did, but to do it better. She would win Miss Wrestlemania at Wrestlemania 25.

This proved to be a double stab in the back for Santino. Santino had done amazing in his first match, defeating one man, and winning a title. Santina on the other hand, would take on twenty-four opponents on route for her first win. The other mark against Santino by Santina is entering the match itself. Santino, ever the progressionist, tried his hardest to enter the match, believing that men should be allowed to partake in woman events, if woman were allowed to partake in male events. Santino is well ahead of his time in that matter, working towards male equality. Unfortunately, through some dirty tactics, Santino lost, though on a side note, displayed a new finisher, The Roll of Doom. Santina, however, would not be denied. She would be given a shot at the Miss Wrestlemania title at Wrestlemania XXV, live from Houston, Texas.

Wrestlemania XXV​

Wrestlemania enters its Twenty-fifth year with a bang. The second match of the night, and arguably one of the top 10 most important matches of the night would pit twenty-five women against each other. The prize? Being named Miss Wrestlemania, effectively making you the greatest Diva in the last twenty-five years of the WWE. Many greats would enter. Alicia Fox, who rose to fame because of her affair with Edge, instantly made her a legit threat, just look at the other people Edge has been with, Lita and Vickie Guerrero. Beth Phoenix, Santino’s current, but jealous, and a little insane (She seems to believe Santino and Santina are the same people, despite them appearing on a Titantron together. She was a threat, fresh off of a Woman’s title reign. Brie and Nikki Bella would work together, being twins just like Santina and Santino would, if Santino was allowed to enter. Strength in numbers would be a challenger to Santina. Gail Kim, one of the most dominant divas in the WWE and TNA this millennium was in the match as well. Up and comer Kelly Kelly was on a hot streak until she would be face to face with Santina. Mickie James, one of the most decorated women in the history of the WWE also was a threat to Santina. Natayla, a part of the legendary Hart Family has some legitimate training, and would prove to be an incredible challenger. The same can almost be said about Michelle McCool, freshly soaked in semen from the Undertaker, a man who is seventeen and zero at Wrestlemania. Santino’s personal assistant was also in the match, as Rosa Mendes might try and help her friend Beth Phoenix, adding to that threat. Katie Lea Burchill is possibly a man, this giving her an advantage in upper body strength. Melina, with the teeth similar to Jaws off of James Bond would give her an extra edge in the match. Maryse, being French Canadian, would have an entire smark filled province on her side. Jillian Hall’s voice is enough to take down an entire concert, but it was just another obstacle that Santina would have to face. Another woman from Santino’s past was in the match, as Maria would give Santina a challenge. Some other bitches such as Eve Torres, Joy Giovanni, Layla, Miss Jackie, Molly Holly, Tiffany and Torrie Wilson, were also fighting to get one last win in he spotlight. But there were two challengers that Santina worried about. Victoria, named after the city of Victoria in British Columbia, which was named after the city of Victoria in Australia, which was probably named after some Queen, had more muscles then New Jersey has crying hockey fans. But luckily Santina has Judo training, which I’ll explain later. Now if Santina were to be named the greatest Diva of all time, she would have to take down the original Diva (not Mae Young, she’d get too frisky with Santina). I am talking about Sunny. Named after the Sun, I guess, Sunny was what ruined Professional Wrestling for Women. Talentless. Santina had to control her anger when faced with Sunny, as getting disqualified even before the match would ruin her chances. Luckily, Santina’s cooler head prevailed.

http://www.dailymotion.com/related/x8w2hd/video/x90ijv_bataille-royal-de-divas-wrestlemani_sport

The match starts out as any typical Battle Royal does. The bottom of the bottom get eliminated. That is what happens as Layla is eliminated faster than Santino…. I mean Warlord at the Royal Rumble. With twenty five women in the ring at once, a lot of different plans must be made to whom to attack. If you pay close attention, you will see that Santina lurks in the corner of the ring, eyeing up the bigger threats. She is too smart to go at it all at once, and leave herself open. She watches. Joy Giovanni goes.. Mendes gets knocked out next… Fox… then suddenly, the game is opened up wide, as Sunny is knocked out as Santina repositions herself in the ring. The names start going down. Wilson… Maria… Holly… they all fall. The ring empties out as the ring is filled with the top divas around the world. But something is noticed finally in the corner. She is our hero, who remains at the time unnamed. Champions and former champions continue to fight in the corners as finally it is down to our unnamed hero, Beth Phoenix and Melina. Suddenly, like a shark smelling blood, she attacks! She is given the microphone to introduce herself to the world! Here is your winner… Santina!, Santino Marella’s twin sister from Italy. She is your first Miss Wrestlemania.

Jealousy arises immediately. Twenty four women end up as failures in our eyes, and only Santina is the hero. One woman, Beth Phoenix becomes increasing jealous of her, and demands a one on one match with the Miss Wrestlemania we all know and love. The Raw after Wrestlemania, they met.

[youtube]1o9jH7rqWRo[/youtube]

As we see here, Santina cuts a heart filled promo very similar to the one her brother would cut on becoming the Intercontinental Championship. Beth Phoenix comes out in a jealous rage, but Santina’s quick wit tears her apart.

The referee comes out to start this match, but Santina shows off her dance move, similar to the way that she did at Wrestlemania. The bell rings, and Santina engages. There are some back and forth attacks, with Beth cheating while in the corner hitting some moves. After trying and sexually assaulting Santina, Santina escapes out of the ring. As they reenter the ring, Santina using the ropes flips Phoenix over, and grabs her legs for the pin! Santina Marella is victorious over the 2008 Diva of the year, to run her record to 2-0.

The next week on April 13, Santino Marella would have to wrestle for Santina’s honour. Beth Phoenix’s jealousy had reached a new height, or low, however you want to look at it. She made a stipulation that Santino had to beat the Great Khali, or the Punjabi Nightmare would get his way with Santina live on the Khali Kiss-Cam. Santino falls, and Santina has been betrayed.

[youtube]T0xME8CP6TU[/youtube]
Play count: 1:50

The April 20 edition of Raw gave us a chance for a Santino and Santina interview that proved to the world that although similar in features, are defiantly two different people. Beth Phoenix, the nutcase, is dazzled. Still, Phoenix got her wish, and Santina would have to appear at Backlash.

Backlash 2009

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...zqx_great-khalis-kiss-cam-w-santina-mar_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...zug_great-khalis-kiss-cam-w-santina-mar_sport

Santina Marella makes her second Pay Per View appearance, and she lets out the biggest secret in Professional Wrestling history. Yes, what we all feared, she is… not single! She has been having a torrid love affair with Smackdown! announcer Jim Ross, who is a married man. Beth Phoenix’s plan backfires, and Santina no longer has to kiss Great Khali. Right before the happy couple can court in front of millions, a familiar and horrendous face enters. Yes, Beth Phoenix, once again trying to steal Santino’s spotlight. Again, Beth challenges Santina for her Wrestlemania XXV title. The Great Khali, ever representing love, loathes Beth’s attempt at exposing Santina and Jim Ross, and decides that with his hand of God, lays Beth Phoenix and her potty mouth out. As we can see at the end of the second clip a match ensues between Beth Phoenix and Santina. 0:02 seconds latter, Phoenix is pinned, and Santina starts a Goldberg like streak, as she becomes 3-0. Unfortunate for Santina, The Great Khali rips Santina’s top, exposing her wonderful mammary glands.

[youtube]umL1JRfw8oU[/youtube]

Santina would be given the chance to run her record to 4-0 in a four on four Eight Diva Tag match. Santina, the most over face diva since… well with Santina, there is only one diva on my mind: ). Santina would tag with Kelly Kelly, Brie Bella and Mickie James as they would take on Beth Phoenix, Rosa Mendes, Jillian Hall, and Maryse. Santina would start the match, but would tag off to Butterbrie Bella. Bella would outsmart the gorilla, and through the old switcheroo, would hide under the ring with her twin sister, and their good friend (and Santina admirer Hornswoggle. Through a mix up, Santina would pin Jillian with the Roll Up of Doom, a move she learnt from Santino. Funny moment in this match when Hornswoggle caught a glimpse of Santina’s womanhood.

[youtube]8LJ_wJtz7-o[/youtube]

On WWE Superstars on May 07, the face team of Kelly Kelly and Santina would team up to take on Beth Phoenix and Rosa Mendes. Santina opened against Rosa, but Phoenix comes in, and so does Kelly Kelly. Double K takes it to the heels, and Santina comes in and develops great agility in a cartwheel maneuver against Phoenix. Phoenix takes it back, and starts wearing down Kelly Kelly. She is worked down in the corner, as Santina begins to beg for a tag. Santina gets tagged in, and outsmarts Phoenix with a roll, into a roll up, but has Phoenix kick out. Santina hits another roll up, but Phoenix kicks out. This of course was all a set up, as Santina trips up Mendes, resulting in Kelly Kelly entering and pinning Rosa.

And so marks Santina’s career thus far. Although it has not fully played out, her 5-0 streak to begin her career is almost unmatched in Women’s wrestling which matters (WWE). To answer your questions on where Santina got her training, you would have to look to her brother, Santino, who himself is a Judo star in Canada, and you can bet that Santina herself is well decorated there.

Hervina​

hervina.jpg

Have you ever heard the phrase “Girl’s Just Wanna Have Fun”? I am sure you have. One woman comes to my mind when I hear that idiom. Although short lived in the world of professional wrestling, we all know her as Hervina. We will look back at our fondest memories of people who enter the ring. Hulk Hogan, Ric Fair, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, all are remembered. But once we flip the coin and actually reminisce about the real woman of professional wrestling, her bright smile fills our mind.

Now cross-dressing has always been a social taboo in out society, but to get her break, Hervina had to live for much of her professional life as a man, who we may know as Bruno Lauer, or Harvey Wippleman. Now many people dispute the fact that they were in fact the same people, as Hervina’s feminine features hardly resemble the stalker image of Wippleman. So for those people’s sakes, I will post objectively that Wippleman and Hervina are different entities.

Hervina would enter the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), now known as World Wrestling Entertainment as a surprise contender for the WWF’s Woman’s Championship. On January 1, 2000, the match would happen on WWF Raw Is War from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The match itself was one of the most sadistic in woman’s wrestling, a Lumberjill Snowbunny match. Hervina would wrestle against the defending champion, Miss Kitty, who has won the title at WWF’s Armageddon in a four corners evening gown pool match.

[youtube]G7KwqbJdBSw[/youtube]

The match began with the lumberjills entering the stage. The problem with lumberjills is simple. They are supposed to be objective but essential parts of the match, responsible for keeping the contender and the champion in the combat zone. But sometimes these lmberjills, made up of WWF Divas take matters into their own hands.

The snow in the match was especially brutal. Similar to tacks in a match, the snow will tear you apart, if it has a glaze over it. With temperatures below zero degrees Celsius (thirty-two Fahrenheit), our hero would have to climb an uphill battle to beat Miss Kitty (The Kat).

Miss Kitty would enter the pool first, carrying her title proudly and perhaps a little too confidently. Slowly removing her outfit, she revealed a simplistic ouitfit.

Our hero would enter next, and right away, the ‘Jills got involved, hitting her with a foreign object on her way to the ring. Immediately the match began, as the divas circled each other. Hervina got the double leg takedown to start the match, as the Jills continued to use the weapons that were for the competitors only. Hervina went for a devastating elbow job, similar to one that Macho Man Randy Savage has used to eliminate many greats. Unfortunately, The Kat was able to move quick enough to avoid the move, and hit a toss. Hervina tried to catch her breath, but the Jills disallowed it, giving The Kat ample time to hit a cross body for a two count. The Kat began to display impatience as she pushes Hervina down, only for Hervina to retaliate with her own push down. The Kat is flustered by this, and seeks her own breather, but the Jills disallow her as well. Vicously, The Kat uses the snow as a weapon to attack a Jill while the referee is tending to Hervina. The jills become a problem, as the attack both Divas repeatedly, and the referre senses that something has to be done. Luckily, Hervina catches The Kat unprepared and Hervina hits her for a roll up, getting the win and becoming the WWF Woman’s Champion.

After the match is where historians in professional wrestling differ. Some say Hervina is a woman of her own, some say that she once dress drag as Harvey Wippleman, and some say that Hervina, for her own enjoyment pretentend to be Harvey Wippleman for reasons unknown. That is not what I am discussing however.

After the match, Hervina is devastated by the jealous WWF Divas. She would now face off against competitors, first come first serve. On Smackdown! that week, Hervina would make an open challenge to all the divas in the back confident that none could be her. Jacqueline, a former champion herself would answer that call. The match, taped on February 1, 2000 in Detroit, Michigan, but airing on February 3 would be an epic battle, a match of quality, and not quantity, as it lasted little under a minute. Now unfortunately I was unable to find video from this match, but take my word for it that it was top notch. However, our hero would fall.

Hervina, devastated would leave the WWF, never to return. Her legacy continues, every time a beautiful woman in a bikini fights another beautiful woman for the Women’s title, or even when Melina and Michelle McCool fight for it. That Women’s Title, is Hervina’s.​

Great depth about the kayfab backgrounds of the "real women of professional wrestling", the fact is I feel that the WWE is bluring the line between what womens wrestling should be and what actually wrestling really is.

IMO Men have so many titles they can compete for and placing Santino in a Womens role is not only hurting him but hurting whatever credibility the division has had since the fact its two biggest draws (trish and Lita have gone), the division needs a stiff kick and If Santino wants to wrestle in the womens division couldnt he at least did something similar to what andy koffman did back in the day before he wrestled Jerry Lawler?.

Now down to the wimple Situation at the time the womens championship was being passed around to whomever could flash their tits the fastest and was nothing to the WWE in the attitude era, Harvey was used to capitalise on this and pretneded that he won the WWE championship, it made me laugh but his sucess was short lived due to his quick defeat by Jacqueline for her second womens reign.

Is cross dressing divas hurting an otherwise dead division,,,,,erm no, but is it hurting the wrestlers in general.... yes, Wimplemon used to be a great heel manager and being used this way hurt his credibility, he could have been hall of fame calibre like Slick Johnson, Santino is a comedy jobber for life, what happens to him after the fans get tired of the santina act? will he be thrown to the wolves like a former cross dressing wrestler named Rico was?

Only time will tell but for now I dont think i will be watching a santina segment any time soon.

Oh, I see you are one of those people who cannot see the difference between Santina and Santino.

Now lets go at this from your view. If for some reason Santino was actually Santina, than I have to argue about it hurting the division.

Who is the Women's Champion? Who is the Diva's Champion? I really have to think about it sometimes. The other day, I was trying to figure it out. I remembered Maryse, but had to ask my good friend Marquis about the other champion. It was Melina. Now I ask you, who is the Miss Wrestlemania winner? Santina Marella. It is the best feud in the Women's divison probably since Trish Stratus and Mickie James locked up, if not before that. It is obvious that the WWE does not care about this division, as they hire woman with very limited skills. But they are revamping that in the WWE style.

Santina is a great addition to the RAW roster. She brings life to the WWE divas division, honestly I don't know what maryse/Mickie are doing. But I keep up with santina 100%. Her matches are very entertaining, segments just as good. With santino as her brother, she only gets name credibility. Santina is possibly better than Trish Stratus.

Reactions: Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back